views on farming?

andufusthebronze

Dont farm for levels, but farm for herbs, then its an enjoyable skill. Just dont wait for herbs to grow and youll have plenty of usefull herbs in notime.

You are totally and irrevocably right

I nearly only farm snapdragon seeds and spirit tree (as we cant sell them :))

I also planted poison Ivy in Varrock, ardougne and Miscelania as they were easy to acess and therefore also 3p alm to make super poison

I am now Farm 81 thanks to the thousand of snape seeds i have planted.

That is then a massive easy herb xp and great cash revenue.

For the tree seeds? I always sell them as I don't see the point of paying 150,000 for a mage seed to get some 14k xp and nothing else. Palm is for me the only worth tree to grow? tahnks to coconuts (shell can sell for 1k or be sued for super compost and milk is sellable at 2k per. and If you make super poison...I have now a great stock of Rune arrow p++ as I make too many to sell them all :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who hate farming or say it's too hard to level, are the ones who really do NOT now HOW to farm.

Growing vegetables in one places and watching them grow WILL take ages, and none of the high lvl farmers actually do this, so don't go believing it's boring and a very slow skill to level. What one needs to do is plant in 2 herb patches, 2-3 tree spots and 2-3 fruit tree locations. Stock up on the fruits you pick, as they're needed to give to the farmers to look after other items. Come back a day later, and repeat.

Doing this will make you spend roughly 10-15 minutes on farming per DAY. It is the most laid back simple skill, requiring NO attention whatsover. Those people who complain about it are ignorant fools who truely believe they must sit at a vegetable patch all day and alch.

Thank you, I couldn't have worded that better myself. IMO farming is the easiest skill out there, if you use Miscellenia to get tree seeds that is. I hardly spend any time on farming and still my level is 85. Every time I log in I harvest and plant all 4 herb and flower patches, fruit tree patches and normal tree patches. Then I go do something else, like a slayer assignment and an hour and a half later I go back to my herbs. Simple as that.

I agree. This is my philosophy as well. Farming isn't that hard. I hope people understand a little better how to farm and fall in love with this skill like we have. Currently I'm only lvl 70 but it is one of my higher skills.

nephite11.png

I'm level 48 Farming, and I've found that I get rape levels by planting Toadflax. I plant 'em with supercompost, and when I harvest I get at least 6 every time. The other day I traded some guy my 128 toadflax from growing about 15 seeds for his 128 toadflax seeds, and in 11 seeds I had 128 more toadflax. Easy levels, great herbs.

sorry bros i'm not mexican

what can i say... i don't "like" farming, but i do it once in a while... i need 49 for one of the two last quests... and it is really great, i just plant herb seeds now (just bough 100 irit seeds, found out later that i payed double price for them)

and the perfect thing, still i earn money on it, since i can sell 500-1000 super attacks later. This do also help me get the 55 - 57 herblore requirement for the same quest,

another lovely thing about farming, is that i can use 15 minutes in planting/harversting one round before going to bed, and then, the next day, when i wake up, there are fully grown plants, ready to be picked \o/

unfortenately, it is my third lowest skill (49) as i did not train it before i reached quite over the rannars, and it could be a reward in planting.

before i reached about 35, all my xp was from tears of guthix, now all my xp there goes to runecrafting / construction (42)

Scherzo.png

Apart from the first couple of days after its release, I have just planted 4 fruit trees per day and done nothing else. Sometimes going months without playing too.

Just doing that has got me 79 farming and for that reason I love the skill :P

Capone Sabre since April 2001.

99 Attack, Defence, Strength and Hitpoints Achieved January 2005. When it still meant something.

Capone_Sabre.png

at first i hated it.

but after putting some effort in it i now enjoy if very much, i just walk my way around runescape and pick my crops now and then, great fun :P

Totally agreed, I thought it sucked till I bought some nice amount of seeds and did some chain farming. (with strawberries toadflax and limps).

Like it afterwards, but didn't got many lvls though, 56 now, but quite pleased with it.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

AS people have warmed up to the only puroses of the skill, herb farming, the effects have been bad for Herblore pot prices.

Super restores, which used to sell for 10k ea you are lucky to get 7.5 k which is about the same for the lowly prayer pot.

I wrote a Herb farming guide that I will not be releasing to the general public which methods I have been using for sometime now with great success.

Thanks for this thread. I must say I like farmig alot as I can log on and do what I do in 10 min then come back later.

But I wish it would have remained a hated skill so those that like it could make more money from it.

sigtsg99rscaz7.png

The Slayers Guild a Slayer Clan led by Axe Man Jack

Proud to have written the most plagiarized Slayer guide on the planet.