ipod or zune?

Bmms

well i have an ipod mini from way back when they first came out and it was like 400$, but anyway im looking into getting another mp3 this xmas

im thinking about getting a zune 30gigs for 250$, or a ipod 30gigs for 250$

there the same price and support movies which is one on this big things im looking for but id like to know what you ppl think

and if anyone has a zune id really really like your opinion on it

a91e22ec.gif
Aefx(started 11/1/2002) Cb: 200 TS: 1900+
Bmms--Jr(Started on 1/24/06)(Banned 11/13/09 ) Cb: 119(pre-eoc) TS: 1700+
Bmms(Started 8/?/2001)(Banned 1/24/06 ) Cb: 101(pre-eoc) TS: 1350+

I was looking at the Zune at target the other day and I thought it looked pretty sweet. The picture was amazing. Now I dont know much about the technology and stuff, but my friend (who knows way more about computers and technical stuff than I do) said he thought the Zune was better.

I think I might ask for one for christmas. :3>

lope6jw0.jpg

Ipod ftw,

1- they have been in production longer (not as many to no flaws in system, zune being new, it may have flaws

2-size, the ipod is so much more sleek and smaller than the big zune

3-durability, the zune has many parts that can break easily(the pad in the middle)

4- Ipod name, its impressive to say " I have an iPod, zune :?

Hope this helps :D

Guest XplsvBam

Either way harryp0tt3rules zune or ipod. You are going to want a warrenty so why would it matter if one has been out longer? I understand you point but its kind of irrelevant when you are talking insurance.

Personally I'd get the zune.

Either way harryp0tt3rules zune or ipod. You are going to want a warrenty so why would it matter if one has been out longer? I understand you point but its kind of irrelevant when you are talking insurance.

Personally I'd get the zune.

Still, even WITH a warranty, would you feel safer with something that has been tested many times to work well, or something new that may have flaws that cannot be fixed with a new one, and do you really want to travel to the store again?

This isn't even a question, iPods win.

Microsoft has yet to impress me with hardware, other than the Xbox.

+1, Also, can Microsoft really come up with an original idea once in a while, basically copying stuff that has been successful outside of computers.

well for the ppl sayign its new and it might have flaws when i got the ipod they had just came out and some of them had flaws and mine did it had a bad battery so i had to return it

but its not about the flaws in it since i can get a new one or money back easly its about what would be the better deal overall

flaws and what not aside whats the better deal

a91e22ec.gif

Guest XplsvBam

it seems to me the zune has more to offer. and i think microsoft realizes that otherwise they wouldn't have wasted the time to make it. microsoft wants money, and if that means making a good product so be it.

Zune doesn't support Windows Vista.. Mwuahhaaha

we-dont-make-this-up-folks-061114.jpg

i know that but by the time vista comes out completely it will work with it so thats not a big issue there will be more 3rd party programs for it then

a91e22ec.gif

Guest GhostRanger
Doesn't zune have better video play time and bigger screen. Drawbacks is it's slightly bigger. Also it is cheaper than a ipod.

Bigger screen but the same resolution.

The Zune doesn't work with Vista yet - but the patch is already written for it and will be released when Vista is released to regular consumers in January.

Personally, I like my iPod. I thought the Zune looked pretty cool online until we got some in at Circuit City. I thought the interface was clunky and the background images are a waste of battery life. My big thing I've always said about the iPod is that the interface + click wheel is the best that is out there - and the Zune failed to beat that so I'm not ready to switch.

Our MP3 sales associates got to choose between a free iPod and a free Zune. After playing around with both of them for a week - all 4 of them chose iPods.

An easy choice: Zen Creative.

Creative Zen.

i was looking at them also but i changed my mind and i think im might go with the zune

but if anyone still has more input ill be glad to read it

a91e22ec.gif