Do you believe in God?

Kryptix

Guest colsmith

i feel convicted after doing these things...but i sitll do them at times

not to mention the church does not tell us these things...but the bible

and many people and churches have interpreted many things wrong....especially catholics<---very corrupt

Now you hit on something i can comment on well. I dont feel convicted after doing those things! Feeling convicted is horrible, So why feel that way? All that crap the church gives you is making you fell that way, Its horrible, its destroying peoples spirit and what not. And your saying Catholics are very corrupt and take things wrong? WHo are you to say that?, your as corrupted as all of them, its all a bunch of CRAP, Catholics have a way in there "bible" that is like every other belief out there, Its just some dumb made up crap that they want you to believe, EVERY religion is like that, its all crap made up by some bored guy one day. ALL religion has no solid proof that the things they say are true

So dont go telling me catholics are very corruot when your as equally corrupt as them. Its all slavery and brainwash, thats all it is

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have my own belief system;

The 9 Emornian principles

1.You do not have a destiny, and you're not here for a reason.

2.Chances are, there is no god.

3.Respect people, even if you dont agree with them.

4.Use violence ONLY as a last resort.

5.People will try to control you, dont let them.

6.Always strive for knowledge.

7.You're responsible for yourself.

8.Don't follow the norm, most of the time it's illogical

9.Indulge yourself, but be aware of the dangers

im not in a religion...my church is non-denominational...goes by bible alone...no rituals etc...

beleive wat ever u wanna believe colsmith....only thing i can do is pray for you since i cant do nything for you...but God can

i really hope u change ur beliefs...but i gotta respect ur choice all the same

PS:....some people refer to conviction as "conscience"...ur telling me uve never ever done something that u regret later?....and that something in your brain is telling you that this is wrong?

and many people and churches have interpreted many things wrong....especially catholics<---very corrupt

Now you hit on something i can comment on well. I dont feel convicted after doing those things! Feeling convicted is horrible, So why feel that way? All that crap the church gives you is making you fell that way, Its horrible, its destroying peoples spirit and what not. And your saying Catholics are very corrupt and take things wrong? WHo are you to say that?, your as corrupted as all of them, its all a bunch of CRAP, Catholics have a way in there "bible" that is like every other belief out there, Its just some dumb made up crap that they want you to believe, EVERY religion is like that, its all crap made up by some bored guy one day. ALL religion has no solid proof that the things they say are true

So dont go telling me catholics are very corruot when your as equally corrupt as them. Its all slavery and brainwash, thats all it is

What moral standard are you comparing his statements and religion in general too?

This is the way the world ends. Look at this [bleep]ing shit we're in man. Not with a bang, but with a whimper. And with a whimper, I'm splitting, Jack.

im not in a religion...my church is non-denominational...goes by bible alone...no rituals etc...

beleive wat ever u wanna believe colsmith....only thing i can do is pray for you since i cant do nything for you...but God can

i really hope u change ur beliefs...but i gotta respect ur choice all the same

PS:....some people refer to conviction as "conscience"...ur telling me uve never ever done something that u regret later?....and that something in your brain is telling you that this is wrong?

And all I can do for you is hope that you'll change your beliefs... but I have to respect your decision all the same...

Thats the problem with religion, changing other beliefs. People should beliefvein what they want to. Not in someone else's beliefs written out for themselves. People have the freedom to do what they believe is right.

gr454rc.gif

So I can murder you and your family, and I'll gain salvation as long as I believe that Jesus died for my sins?

No matter what you've done, if Jesus has taken your sins away, you're saved from judgement.

Do you think God really wants that?

God doesn't want anyone to perish, but that all would come to Him.

Now I can finally start living a mafia-drugsmuggler life in a huge mansion ordering poorer people that work for me to kill others without having to worry about the christians telling me I'm bad.

But you see, a true Christian wouldn't do those things. This is addressed in the Bible, where people claimed that Jesus was their Lord, yet continued living as they had been. You can recognise true Christians by the fact that they are different: they don't blaspheme, get drunk, have sex outside of marriage etc.

So technically, there is no possible way to sin if you believe in god because Jesus died for all of them... right, so why bother trying to please god if he doesn't give a damn what you do?

sounds... kind of pointless :roll:

Guest GhostRanger

So I can murder you and your family, and I'll gain salvation as long as I believe that Jesus died for my sins?

No matter what you've done, if Jesus has taken your sins away, you're saved from judgement.

Do you think God really wants that?

God doesn't want anyone to perish, but that all would come to Him.

Now I can finally start living a mafia-drugsmuggler life in a huge mansion ordering poorer people that work for me to kill others without having to worry about the christians telling me I'm bad.

But you see, a true Christian wouldn't do those things. This is addressed in the Bible, where people claimed that Jesus was their Lord, yet continued living as they had been. You can recognise true Christians by the fact that they are different: they don't blaspheme, get drunk, have sex outside of marriage etc.

So technically, there is no possible way to sin if you believe in god because Jesus died for all of them... right, so why bother trying to please god if he doesn't give a damn what you do?

sounds... kind of pointless :roll:

Its not about what you do, its about what you try to do. If you don't try to be good then you won't be saved. If you try to be good and fail (as everyone will) but you still believe and try to be as good as you can- that's what gets you saved.

Its that saying "its the thought that counts."

EDIT: I'm not saying its just the thought that counts. Remember i said you have to try to be good and as long as your heart is in the right place then God knows you are trying. And only God can see your heart.

I believe:

-That the Universe could not have been created 'just like that'.

-That it must have been created by a superior being.

-God is not what we pictured Him to be.

-He looks just like a human, but much smarter.

-Is some form of an architect, like in the Matrix.

-God exists.

You better list some examples when you go off saying things like that. Yeah, and I wouldn't read that long shpeal that one guy said, cuz the first thing I read was about catholic believing in purgatory, and that is a fallacy. They might have when they still spoke latin, but since I've been born that has not been a part of the faith.

heres the way i look at it

first off...ill say I DO believe in God....but theres a difference betweeen believeing in God...and believing in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior

anywayz....heres the way i see things

If the Christians and I are right... and you believe that Jesus died for you and your sins with your heart....then ull gain salvation...

its not based on works...or how good you are...u could be a serial killer and gain salvation....

but bac to my point...

if u believe and the Christians are actually wrong in the end...then you really havent lost anything

but if u dont believe....and the Christians were RIGHT....then youve lost everything

So I can murder you and your family, and I'll gain salvation as long as I believe that Jesus died for my sins? Do you think God really wants that? Now I can finally start living a mafia-drugsmuggler life in a huge mansion ordering poorer people that work for me to kill others without having to worry about the christians telling me I'm bad. I'll just tell them I believe Jesus died for my sins, buying hookers, selling illegal drugs for hundreds of millions, killing people that are after me, laundering money, etc, right? I suppose it would be more fun than the ordinary american life of working for a few thousand bucks a month. Why bother when I can get tens of millions a month, and blame it all on Jesus.

The one thing that you miss is that Jesus said, "If you love me you will do as I command." A murderer can be redeemed, as can an adulterer, lier, thief, or any of the rest of us wretches... There is no such thing as a sin that God is unwilling to forgive, save one... Refusing to allow Christ to change your life is, in God's eyes, unforgivable. It's called blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. No, you can not continue with your old ways (or as you imply be even worse :shock: ) and be forgiven. It simply isn't possible, once you've experienced God's overwhelming grace and love, to ever turn back. I'll conceed that there are people who claim to have experienced God's grace, but there's no new fruit there (Points to sig) but I would argue, from personal experience, that these people have missed the point entirely.

"He is no fool who gives up that which he can not keep to gain that which he can not lose."

--Jim Elliot

"You must picture me alone in that room in Magdalen, night after night, feeling, whenever my mind lifted even for a second from my work, the steady, unrelenting approach of Him whom I so earnestly desired not to meet. That which I greatly feared had at last come upon me. In the Trinity Term of 1929 I gave in, and admitted that God was God, and knelt and prayed: perhaps, that night, the most dejected and reluctant convert in all England. I did not then see what is now the most shining and obvious thing; the Divine humility which will accept a convert even on such terms. The Prodical Son at least walked home on his own two feet. But who can duly adore that love which will open the high gates to a prodigal who is brought in kicking, struggling, resentful, and darting his eyes in every direction for a chance of escape? The words compelle intrare, compel them to come in, have been so abused by wicked men that we shudder at them; but, properly understood, they plumb the depth of the Divine mercy. The hardness of God is kinder than the softness of men, and His compulsion is our liberation."

--C.S.Lewis

heres the way i look at it

first off...ill say I DO believe in God....but theres a difference betweeen believeing in God...and believing in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior

anywayz....heres the way i see things

If the Christians and I are right... and you believe that Jesus died for you and your sins with your heart....then ull gain salvation...

its not based on works...or how good you are...u could be a serial killer and gain salvation....

but bac to my point...

if u believe and the Christians are actually wrong in the end...then you really havent lost anything

but if u dont believe....and the Christians were RIGHT....then youve lost everything

So I can murder you and your family, and I'll gain salvation as long as I believe that Jesus died for my sins? Do you think God really wants that? Now I can finally start living a mafia-drugsmuggler life in a huge mansion ordering poorer people that work for me to kill others without having to worry about the christians telling me I'm bad. I'll just tell them I believe Jesus died for my sins, buying hookers, selling illegal drugs for hundreds of millions, killing people that are after me, laundering money, etc, right? I suppose it would be more fun than the ordinary american life of working for a few thousand bucks a month. Why bother when I can get tens of millions a month, and blame it all on Jesus.

The one thing that you miss is that Jesus said, "If you love me you will do as I command." A murderer can be redeemed, as can an adulterer, lier, thief, or any of the rest of us wretches... There is no such thing as a sin that God is unwilling to forgive, save one... Refusing to allow Christ to change your life is, in God's eyes, unforgivable. It's called blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. No, you can not continue with your old ways (or as you imply be even worse :shock: ) and be forgiven. It simply isn't possible, once you've experienced God's overwhelming grace and love, to ever turn back. I'll conceed that there are people who claim to have experienced God's grace, but there's no new fruit there (Points to sig) but I would argue, from personal experience, that these people have missed the point entirely.

How can God know that you committed a sin, pray or ask for forgiveness or any of that when there is NO PHYSICAL COMMUNICATION (you can scream be he isnt going to hear you, unless he lives on earth) between us and God? We can not talk to him, see him or feel him. We certainly havenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t detected anything which could be interpreted as god's voice, nor have we detected anything special being emitted when people pray or commit sin. This leads to the common conclusion that there isnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t anything there. Why would there be? There just is no reason to add such complexity, for this reason OccamÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s razor should remove god in favour of simpler science sans god.

The one thing that you miss is that Jesus said, "If you love me you will do as I command." A murderer can be redeemed, as can an adulterer, lier, thief, or any of the rest of us wretches... There is no such thing as a sin that God is unwilling to forgive, save one... Refusing to allow Christ to change your life is, in God's eyes, unforgivable. It's called blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. No, you can not continue with your old ways (or as you imply be even worse :shock: ) and be forgiven. It simply isn't possible, once you've experienced God's overwhelming grace and love, to ever turn back.

If its impossible how did satan achieve it?

or If satan never experienced gods grace and love, is that to say he never lived in heaven or was never created perfect in the beginning?

I'll conceed that there are people who claim to have experienced God's grace, but there's no new fruit there (Points to sig) but I would argue, from personal experience, that these people have missed the point entirely.

I believe its you missing the point. These people believed they "felt god", but new information lead them to believe otherwise. So its true saying they never experienced gods grace, it didn't exist to begin with.

The catholic church used to be very corrupt, it was once possible to give a large amount of money to the catholic church and your sins would be forgiven, doesn't sound right that if you have much money then the 'God will forgive your sins'.

The catholic church used to be very corrupt, it was once possible to give a large amount of money to the catholic church and your sins would be forgiven, doesn't sound right that if you have much money then the 'God will forgive your sins'.

Indeed, the Catholic Church was, and still is, very corrupt. Look at all the heresy: transubstantiation; homosexual priests; women priests; worship of Mary (nothing short of idolatry).

To an extent, I can see why some people are apprehensive of Christianity. Christians certainly have done some very unchristian things in the past (just look at the Crusades).

I'd say the major distinction between Christianity and other religions (that is evident to a secular audience) is that Christianity, when followed properly, is advantageous to its members and other people.

Indeed, the Catholic Church was, and still is, very corrupt. Look at all the heresy: transubstantiation; homosexual priests; women priests; worship of Mary (nothing short of idolatry).

To an extent, I can see why some people are apprehensive of Christianity. Christians certainly have done some very unchristian things in the past (just look at the Crusades).

I'd say the major distinction between Christianity and other religions (that is evident to a secular audience) is that Christianity, when followed properly, is advantageous to its members and other people.

There are some christian homosexual priests and women priests too, why is it a sin? I don't know about worshipping Mary, but I suggest you to read the earlier posts on this thread. 'Sin' is defined by the society. In ancient Greece, it used to be totally normal to be homosexual. Nowadays, since it's a minority group, it's "not accepted".

I would bet anything that if homosexuals would represent a large majority of the population (because of the physical impossibility of having so many gender people in the world, for arguement's sake say they're bisexual) churches would accept them because they need followers.

Or doesn't God love the people who have different sexual likings? I'm "straight" myself, but people that are homosexual are usually born that way (hormonal unbalances etc.). It is very hard to become a homosexual by your own choice (though for some reason I don't know female persons become homosexuals more often according to research).

It seems strange to me that the christian church accepts murder and crime as long as the person will 'accept Jesus in his heart', but normal people that just happen to have different sexual preferences are 'sinners'. Doesn't sound like a loving community representing God, it seems like a hateful community with low self-esteem that need to harass everybody who is different, just like pre-teenagers except that they're adults.

The church or the Bible can say anything it wants, but since it's not written by God it can only be assumed to be a book of philosophy written by philosopher's inspired by a God. They used to be rules in the ancient world because the common people couldn't even read back then and they were in common a bit less intelligent, they just worked as farmers all their life and died. Nowadays, there are 1 billion atheists in the world which is 1/6 of all people. I don't wonder why, since the churches are becoming more and more commercial and the church is forgetting the whole point of the religion, which is supposed to be love and caring of other people.

There are some christian homosexual priests and women priests too, why is it a sin? I don't know about worshipping Mary, but I suggest you to read the earlier posts on this thread. 'Sin' is defined by the society. In ancient Greece, it used to be totally normal to be homosexual. Nowadays, since it's a minority group, it's "not accepted".

I would bet anything that if homosexuals would represent a large majority of the population (because of the physical impossibility of having so many gender people in the world, for arguement's sake say they're bisexual) churches would accept them because they need followers.

Or doesn't God love the people who have different sexual likings? I'm "straight" myself, but people that are homosexual are usually born that way (hormonal unbalances etc.). It is very hard to become a homosexual by your own choice (though for some reason I don't know female persons become homosexuals more often according to research).

It seems strange to me that the christian church accepts murder and crime as long as the person will 'accept Jesus in his heart', but normal people that just happen to have different sexual preferences are 'sinners'. Doesn't sound like a loving community representing God, it seems like a hateful community with low self-esteem that need to harass everybody who is different, just like pre-teenagers except that they're adults.

The church or the Bible can say anything it wants, but since it's not written by God it can only be assumed to be a book of philosophy written by philosopher's inspired by a God. They used to be rules in the ancient world because the common people couldn't even read back then and they were in common a bit less intelligent, they just worked as farmers all their life and died. Nowadays, there are 1 billion atheists in the world which is 1/6 of all people. I don't wonder why, since the churches are becoming more and more commercial and the church is forgetting the whole point of the religion, which is supposed to be love and caring of other people.

dont even make me get my bible and find 10+ different verses that says HOMESEXUALITY IS IMMORAL AND WRONG

and as for the mary worship...Johny hit the nail on the head...its idol worship...she should be recognized....but not worshipped

and as for the writing....its not called THE WORD OF GOD for no reason senor :wink:

and to all you people who feel we were brainwashed...think again

it's not like this was forced upon us....it was our own choice

'Sin' is defined by the society.

A Christian defines sin as disobedience to God's will, ie. not doing what God would have done. At the risk of getting sidetracked, homosexuality is a sin because it is disobeying God's plan - that man should be with woman (woman being made for man as well as from man).

It offends our egos to think that someone else knows better than we do, but God genuinly has our best interests in mind when allowing only heterosexual marital relationships.

Don't get me wrong: heterosexual intercourse outside of marriage is just as wrong as homosexuality. Many people focus only on the deviancy on homosexuals, which leads many to beleive that Christians are prejudiced against them. This shouldn't be the case - we teach in love the commandments of God, not in judgement.

Consider this: sexually transmitted diseases would not exist if people had only one (heterosexual) partner for their entire life - as God intended. I believe that the scourge of sexually transmitted infections is no less than a punishment for our immoral behaviour in this area.

The Church doesn't need followers: the followers need the Church ;). The Church's views weren't popular back in ancient Rome, where many were killed for their views. Popularity has never been the principal issue for real Christians.

Or doesn't God love the people who have different sexual likings

God loves everyone, regardless of sexual orientation or any sin they're comitted. It's the fact that many Christians focus on this issue that breeds the idea that "God hates homosexuals."

It seems strange to me that the christian church accepts murder and crime as long as the person will 'accept Jesus in his heart', but normal people that just happen to have different sexual preferences are 'sinners'.

You're missing the point here somewhat. A part of being a Christian is repenting, or turning around, from your old ways of behaviour. This is the same for a homosexual that becomes a Christian or a murderer. You wouldn't expect a man that's just got married to go out drinking every night and generally live as he did before: it's a contradiction. Likewise, you wouldn't expect to see a "Christian" homosexual or murderer, as they're in direct violation of the beliefs they claim to hold!

I'm sure you wouldn't hold what someone's done in the past against them, and neither does God. Anyone can repent and become a Christian, no matter what they've previously done.

Guest colsmith
I believe:

VERY good point youve hit on their, but i have one question to ask you

How was God created?

How was God created?

If God created time, then we can say that He exists outside of its influence. You only have a "beginning" or "end" within time, so God just was. It's tough to think about, but pretty reasonable too.

I believe:

VERY good point youve hit on their, but i have one question to ask you

How was God created?

A very good question... After all, how can it be that something that exists independant of time, can be created? How can that which is non-temporal have a temporal property such as a beginning?

It simply isn't possible for the God of the Bible (who exists apart from time) to posess the quality of being created.

Psycho hit on a very significant point though. The complexity and precision of the coding of DNA for example, is far greater then any language that has ever been spoken by a human being; The human brain is capable of trillions and trillions of times more calculations per second then the most advanced super-computers in the world; flagellum are capable of spinning hundreds of times faster then the most advanced internal combustion engines in existance-- but are also capable of reversing instantly... yet there is no way that they can be simplified and still funcion at all. This universe, which is supposed to be moving toward a state of chaos, is full of these instances of ordering far beyond what humanity is capable of. But how is that possible?

The only force that I'm aware of that has been observed to be capable of bringing order out of chaos is intelligence. So based on that fact alone, it is reasonable, observing the many cases of complex ordering in the universe, (which is supposed to be moving toward total dissorder) to conclude that it came from intelligence.

Then there's this incredibley fascinating twist called the "Big Bang Theory" Which says that space and time had a beginning in the distant past. What caused it? Everything that has a beginning has to have a cause, so what is the universes cause? Why is it here??? Theories abound, but evidence is strangely lacking from all of them. (which is why the majority of physicists are called theoretical physicists now... for the past thirty years or so, their theories have outstripped actual research) In fact, many scientific theories never will be able to be empirically examined... They simply deal with realms that are either too small to detect, or simply not available for examination in the three spatial dimensions we occupy.

"He is no fool who gives up that which he can not keep to gain that which he can not lose."

--Jim Elliot

"You must picture me alone in that room in Magdalen, night after night, feeling, whenever my mind lifted even for a second from my work, the steady, unrelenting approach of Him whom I so earnestly desired not to meet. That which I greatly feared had at last come upon me. In the Trinity Term of 1929 I gave in, and admitted that God was God, and knelt and prayed: perhaps, that night, the most dejected and reluctant convert in all England. I did not then see what is now the most shining and obvious thing; the Divine humility which will accept a convert even on such terms. The Prodical Son at least walked home on his own two feet. But who can duly adore that love which will open the high gates to a prodigal who is brought in kicking, struggling, resentful, and darting his eyes in every direction for a chance of escape? The words compelle intrare, compel them to come in, have been so abused by wicked men that we shudder at them; but, properly understood, they plumb the depth of the Divine mercy. The hardness of God is kinder than the softness of men, and His compulsion is our liberation."

--C.S.Lewis