Do you believe in God?

Kryptix

Off topic: I've always wondered, what would happen if you got in a normal argument (like, over the price of a piece of bread) with a die-hard Christian and you just got angry and shouted "MAY GOD STRIKE YOU DEAD!"

Do you think that would end the argument?

No, he'd start shouting heresy that you said the Lord's name in vain. I've met a few of those. When I was way younger, there was a very nice woman who babysat me, but her husband was racist (he muttered things which will be censored on this board), he though anyone who was not Christian was a pagan, and he hated my guts because my parents helped put food on the table for his family.

Anyhow, I once said "Oh my gosh!" and guess what? He grabbed me by the scruff of the neck and started fuming, and said, "We don't say anything even close to the Lord's name in this house. Do you understand?!" I still remember his red face. He was quite a "donkey" to my parents as well. If not for his wife my parents wouldn't have sent me there at all.. But this isn't about people babysitting me..

There are a lot of people who believe something so strongly they are willing to do a lot of "crazy" things for it. That's what always troubles me about terrorists. Do they really believe the United States is the cause of all problems in the world? Bin Laden isn't dumb. Before he was exiled, he went to a top-notch college in Saudi Arabia, studied a lot of things, mainly engineering. He should know that without the United States a lot of the global economy wouldn't exist.. A lot of countries wouldn't get money from exports. Especially China. And if a country with a military that size is angry about not getting exports, and happenstance it is because of the terrorists, the Middle East would become a very unpleasant place. (Assuming the United States was destroyed, let's all hope that doesn't happen..)

But now I'm off topic, while answering an off topic thought.. Lol.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you prove otherwise without contradicting thermodynamic laws?

The Kalem Ontological argument:

1. Everything that has a beginning has a cause.

2. The universe had a beginning (the Big Bang).

3. The universe had a cause for it's existence.

I can't see this being refuted. It's been tried, but failed.

GOD does NOT HAVE a beginning. GOD is considered the UNMOVED MOVER. Believing in GOD is NOT faith. CHRISTIANITY and JESUS is faith. You cannot call yourself a Christian if you don't believe in Jesus. I guaruntee no Christians here have enough knowledge to argue. If you want to see real good arguements, go search online for the more intelligent people. Just because you have a good vocabulary doesn't mean ANYTHING! You're most likely in error. This is why Christians have the harder side. The vast majority of atheists say "Prove it, prove it, prove it," but the more intelligent ones will argue without idiocy. If you simply say, I don't believe in God because it's stupid, you obviously need to LEARN.

Off topic, i dont really like to post here anymore, becase it has nothing to do with belive preatty much anymore.

On topic. you are saying anyone that belives in Jesus is a christan. that cant be true. unless you belive he was gods son and what not. I belive in Jesus becase he was a real person, not becase of the other stuff. and does that make me a christan, nope. still Athiest.

and i dont beleive in god because it seems like it is not real. no proof to me.

P.S. you can answere back, but the chance of me reading it is very little.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

GOD does NOT HAVE a beginning. GOD is considered the UNMOVED MOVER. Believing in GOD is NOT faith. CHRISTIANITY and JESUS is faith. You cannot call yourself a Christian if you don't believe in Jesus. I guaruntee no Christians here have enough knowledge to argue. If you want to see real good arguements, go search online for the more intelligent people. Just because you have a good vocabulary doesn't mean ANYTHING! You're most likely in error. This is why Christians have the harder side. The vast majority of atheists say "Prove it, prove it, prove it," but the more intelligent ones will argue without idiocy. If you simply say, I don't believe in God because it's stupid, you obviously need to LEARN.

So your saying Muslims are christians :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

(P.S Muslims believe in Jesus, but they believed that Mohammad was the LAST prophet)

GOD does NOT HAVE a beginning. GOD is considered the UNMOVED MOVER. Believing in GOD is NOT faith.

Yes, hes a good gap filler. Actually believing in God is faith, but you'd only know that if you knew the meaning.

Off topic, i dont really like to post here anymore, becase it has nothing to do with belive preatty much anymore.

On topic. you are saying anyone that belives in Jesus is a christan. that cant be true. unless you belive he was gods son and what not. I belive in Jesus becase he was a real person, not becase of the other stuff. and does that make me a christan, nope. still Athiest.

and i dont beleive in god because it seems like it is not real. no proof to me.

P.S. you can answere back, but the chance of me reading it is very little.

yeah, wasn't jesus on american idol or canadian idol or something :roll:

anyways, bethleham = the drug capital of the world i'm pretty sure, coincidence? dont think so :?

i guess that sums up my beliefs there.

Formerly known as Kenny_734

RSN - 5_meo__dmt

I didn't say if you believe in Jesus that you were a Christian. I said if you do NOT believe in Jesus, you are NOT a Christian. That's like me saying if you think 1 + 1 is not 2, you are wrong, but that doesn't mean that if you think 1 + 1 is 3 your still not wrong. Waaay different.

Yep I believe in God.

However I don't follow the church, instead I follow the bible. The church can say or do whatever they want, I could care less. As long as I have my worn-out King James bible next to me, I'll be happy. :)

I teach children about Jesus and his love too. If you don't like it well...that's your problem.

tomato1ry.png

Guest Bud2400

My belief in God is very weak, at best.

I do pray occasionally and I do attend church and youth groups occasionally, but I cannot find it in myself to have faith in God. Every time I think about it, there's just so much going against it and quite a few arguments going for it, too.

Right now my beliefs are undecided and I have basically stopped thinking about it as I have decided quite awhile ago that there's no way to be for sure, there's no way to get physical proof, and there's no way to make it make sense logically.

I guess I could qualify as an agnostic, leaning toward being a Christian.

Yep I believe in God.

However I don't follow the church, instead I follow the bible. The church can say or do whatever they want, I could care less. As long as I have my worn-out King James bible next to me, I'll be happy. :)

I teach children about Jesus and his love too. If you don't like it well...that's your problem.

Good ol' King Jimmy!

Sure, why not?

^which is the essence of all religion; and the basis of my belief in God.

Some people actually think of that as a reason not to believe in God; though I have no idea why.

I'd rather think in a possitive perspective.

Guest Armagedon46disabled

I personally like the the newer translation, the message. It's so down to earth and much easier to understand. I think the funniest thing is when they say that hippos have a tail like a cedar tree. That is biased info though.

"GOD" is an excuse, nowadays, for people to dump the blame of their and others' actions upon. "GOD" is merely an "easy way out"-ever notice, during an arugment, when someone questions your faith in "GOD" or religion? Notice it is that person who usually recieves the most support and often (but not always) wins? "GOD" is a weapon we have created, far deadlier than the H-bomb...for "GOD" has fueled many more wars and much more bloodshed than any bomb can hope to match

"GOD" is an excuse, nowadays, for people to dump the blame of their and others' actions upon. "GOD" is merely an "easy way out"-ever notice, during an arugment, when someone questions your faith in "GOD" or religion? Notice it is that person who usually recieves the most support and often (but not always) wins? "GOD" is a weapon we have created, far deadlier than the H-bomb...for "GOD" has fueled many more wars and much more bloodshed than any bomb can hope to match

Also, God is sometimes used in a very degrading sense. For example, I once saw someone on the internet say along the lines of "Praise the lord! God has given me good exam results! I walked out of the exam room knowing I had done terrible, but I got a B! Thankyou God!!!!"

Now that person should have been thanking THEMSELVES for their OWN achievment, not god. I really got the impression that that person believed god had given them good results. Now that is evil.

• 2 months later...
I personally like the the newer translation, the message. It's so down to earth and much easier to understand. I think the funniest thing is when they say that hippos have a tail like a cedar tree. That is biased info though.

read the passage again, look at the pic.

http://www.copyrightexpired.com/earlyim ... saurus.jpg

interesting

I don't believe in god, and no stories about how he(or she, of course, (or it for, for that matter,)) "turned my life arround," "saved my poodle," "told me to burn things," ect. will convince me otherwise.

I don't have any problem with people who do believe in god, though, (unless said people try actively to convert me, of contradict everyting I say because they believe it to be their duty. Those people I think are dull, in any sence of the word you can think of.) I have a friend who is really strongly christian, does all the church group stuff, lives in a bell tower and that sort of thing. He doesn't believe in evolution, (not that that's proven either, I suppose,) but he is happy to talk about it, and I've had interesting conversations about his views. THAT's the sort of christian I like. I mean the talking bit, not the evolution thing.

If, on the other hand, God were to convince me, I'd say I was sorry, repent, go to whatever church he/she/it/they endorced, (if any, though I doubt any being that supreme would go fo that sort of thing,) and generally change the way I do things. For some reason, I don't think that's likely to happen. The reason being, it's not happened to me, anyone I know, or, likely, even those people who rant on about how it has happened to them.

Sounds rather against the whole religion thing, doesn't it? I don't intend that, but rather thought I would vent some steam about the things I mentioned.

I didn't say if you believe in Jesus that you were a Christian. I said if you do NOT believe in Jesus, you are NOT a Christian. That's like me saying if you think 1 + 1 is not 2, you are wrong, but that doesn't mean that if you think 1 + 1 is 3 your still not wrong. Waaay different.

That's right, in a twisted way. CHRISTianity. That's the reason it's called that, after all. Thing is, I, were I religious, would skip all the stuff about jesus. I wouldn't be jewish, as I don't fully agree with all that either, and I wouldn't be christian; I'd have the values of the chrisians, without the christ bit.

I dunno if god exists, for one if he did exist why would he just let thousands of people die every year of starvation and ect.. when they did nothing wrong.. and how is there actual proof he exists? no one has seen him no one has solid proof he exists so i honestly dont beleive in him unless i see some proof.

I dunno if god exists, for one if he did exist why would he just let thousands of people die every year of starvation and ect.. when they did nothing wrong..

That's just childless. Even if the God is excist doesn't mean that he's taking care all of us so we can live our lives happily till the end. U should study some Bible and read what does it says about God, earth, humans and Lucifer.

Most ppl says the whole God thing being bullsheet cuz u can't proof it but if u look really close things happening around u and spend little time thinking ur mind becomes so much clearer that u wouldn't believe it. Bible isn't the straight answer or at least wasn't for me but it gave me a lot.

I believe there's a powerfull force what created the whole system. Im not sure is it the God from the holy Bible or is it something else. Maybe I will someday find out.

Rs nick: Kasperi88

Guest Decapitated1

i do not believe in a god, nor should i.

there are some things i believe in though, i believe that what the "Inner-circle" were trying to acheive, i believe those who have an anti-religion perspective.

i find religion (christianity in particular) an excuse for things we humans cannot answer, what comes after death, i feel that people are making themselves believe that there is a heaven or a hell, whatever the case is, the supernatural does not concern me at all.

although for some quite time now, ive had people question whether im sane or insane, ive done things people would find offencive, ive torn up my bible from years ago page by page and burnt it, i do not talk to preists, i ignore them; the school chaplin tried to get me expelled from school for not attending to a single religious education class, its been 2 years since that and i still dont go to them.

i still study some religions, ive been doing alot of study on the occult, its as farfetched as it sounds.

Bottom line is: A God existing is infinately unlikely. If you narrow it down further and say: The Christian god, out of all the possible gods, well that's even more unlikely. As is any scientific process you could name. Knowing this, I find it impossible to put my faith in anything, be it a God or any other process which could explain the existence of our universe.