Do you believe in God?

Kryptix

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Grrr... :evil:

What twit dug this horrible post up, the only reason Kryptix reposted it is because he likes causing trouble. :?

I think it's mildly hilarious that this topic keeps turning up like a bad penny.

that's coz some of the people who post it are bad pennies :P

I dunno if god exists, for one if he did exist why would he just let thousands of people die every year of starvation and ect.. when they did nothing wrong..

That's just childless. Even if the God is excist doesn't mean that he's taking care all of us so we can live our lives happily till the end. U should study some Bible and read what does it says about God, earth, humans and Lucifer.

Most ppl says the whole God thing being bullsheet cuz u can't proof it but if u look really close things happening around u and spend little time thinking ur mind becomes so much clearer that u wouldn't believe it. Bible isn't the straight answer or at least wasn't for me but it gave me a lot.

I believe there's a powerfull force what created the whole system. Im not sure is it the God from the holy Bible or is it something else. Maybe I will someday find out.

Wow, this reply makes you look rather childish;

At least spell correctly and form a coherent sentence (I might be a bit harsh but I feel people should have the decency to spell their work correctly (to a reasonable standard) in a serious discussion).

My mind is a lot clearer without having to resort to a god thank you very much. How might you ask? I learn and now on my way to becoming a physicist (so this gives me a slight advantage). We have currently working backwards on the "big bang" theory and can now explain what happens down to about the Planck time scale (really really small. A Planck length is about as large as the theorised elementary particle), I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t think the bible can explain the universe to this accuracy.

There are many many things that religion has left unclear about the universe and if a religion fails to satisfy its audience (I canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t get any further Direct Clarification) then I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t see its relevance in society, pure and simple.

(P.S I'm a Moral Agnostic which in theory places me morally above Christians as I'm not motivated about getting in to heaven rather to help mankind as a whole. Tehehe)

(P.S I'm a Moral Agnostic which in theory places me morally above Christians as I'm not motivated about getting in to heaven rather to help mankind as a whole. Tehehe)

Just out of curiosity, what is your moral standard and where did it come from?

Most Atheist and Agnostic morals are based on beneficial and harmful acts, where Christian morals are nothing short of tyranny.

I personally like the the newer translation, the message. It's so down to earth and much easier to understand. I think the funniest thing is when they say that hippos have a tail like a cedar tree. That is biased info though.

read the passage again, look at the pic.

http://www.copyrightexpired.com/earlyim ... saurus.jpg

interesting

Well done for digging up this thread...

Dempzie

where Christian morals are nothing short of tyranny.

Explain please. Thats a rather harsh thing to say without support and if you really believe it you know nothing of Christianity.

from http://www.hyperdictionary.com/dictionary/tyranny

Definition: 1. [n] a form of government in which the ruler is an absolute dictator (not restricted by a constitution or laws or opposition etc.)

2. [n] dominance through threat of punishment and violence

Is that a better explanation?

Explain please. Thats a rather harsh thing to say without support and if you really believe it you know nothing of Christianity.

Definition: 1. [n] a form of government in which the ruler is an absolute dictator (not restricted by a constitution or laws or opposition etc.)

As long as the dicator is good (and God is perfect), a dictatorship is the best type of governing system. The only reason we associate dictatorship the tyranny is that all of the dictators we have known (Stalin, Mussolini etc.) are only human, and therefore make mistakes.

Think of your parents: when you're only a kid, they have absolute authority over you in the same way that a dictator does. They know what's best for you, even if you don't realise it at the time. In the same way, God knows what's best for us.

I didnt ask for a definition of tyranny. :shock: I asked you to explain your theory that Christian morals are tyranny.

jfroggy

As long as the dicator is good (and God is perfect)

This is just circular reasoning. If morals are based on a dictator, then the dictator decides what is good. How can a moral dictator be anything but good?

Humans are flawed. And being created by a perfect being, that shouldn't be possible :-?

Care to explain that...

I see where you're coming from. While humans were created perfect, God gave them the ability to rebel, and knew that they would. Why He did this I don't know. A hard concept to grasp it that everything works to give God the most glory: all the murders, deaths and distasters ultimately serve to glorify God. We don't see it, but it's what Christianity teaches.

Even by my logic, that is a stupid idea...

So this perfect being makes something which weilds the capability to completely destroy it... intersting decision.

As for the bit about tyranny... i'd say the definition pretty much sums up most of the bible :-?

I didnt ask for a definition of tyranny. :shock: I asked you to explain your theory that Christian morals are tyranny.

The definition should've explained it.

Apparently Christian morals come from the bible god. God is then a dictator.

A tyrant oppresses his subjects. God does the opposite. A tyrant forces his subjects to follow him. God doesn't. Why is God a dictator or a tyrant?

The definition should've explained it.

Apparently Christian morals come from the bible god. God is then a dictator.

A tyrant oppresses his subjects. God does the opposite. A tyrant forces his subjects to follow him. God doesn't. Why is God a dictator or a tyrant?

Doesn't Revelation basically tie up these loose ends?

If someone has a plan to wipe out all those who opposes them, doesn't that still make them a dictator?

Tyranny 2. dominance through threat of punishment and violence

Isn't that ultimately what christians tell you? It is, they always keep talking about 'heaven and hell'. If you do 'bad things' or 'sin', you go to hell? Sounds much worse than just punishment and violence to be in an eternal flame and the pain never stops. Most christians become 'satans' themselves, they are too caught up in their teachings that they become cold, senseless creatures that keep telling people what you can do and what you can't (while they are doing 'sin' when nobody can see).

I only respect those religious people that aren't racists and don't think other religions/atheists/agnostics/etc are bad, actually do good things to the world and other people, not for money or any other benefit but just because they like to do it. This description doesn't fit any christian person I've met. Funny enough, it seems to me that the people without a religion seem to follow the teachings of Jesus better than christian people, and they don't even notice it.

If you don't count the fact that religion was a way to govern people who couldn't even read back a few thousand years ago, the ultimate meaning of religion and the teachings of the prophets is to make people better and non-self-centered. Think you were the God: Would you actually give a crap if there would be a bunch of people going to your church and praising you everyday and telling everybody how good you are, but the next moment you see them beating up their wives, stealing, doing unethical things, etc.

The Bible: (2:14 Matthew?) Faith without works is dead faith.

That's my point. If there is a starving person wearing rags on the street and you say 'God bless you', does it help the person? He will probably die in a few days because nobody helped him. If you'd actually stop, possibly try to arrange him at least a few bucks for food or clothes, you'd do what is the point of the whole religion instead of just saying words that don't mean anything.

Humans are flawed. And being created by a perfect being, that shouldn't be possible :-?

Care to explain that...

free will

You're a bit late there... and JM answered what I was driving at anyways :P

Care to explain that...

free will

You're a bit late there... and JM answered what I was driving at anyways :P

yeah looking back i see jm did answer that. guess I just gave a condensed version.

jfroggy