Do you believe in God?

Kryptix

I for one hold a relative view of god. God is what is used to explain the unexplainable, and can be a source of comfort. God is in your mind. God is a coping strategy for what could otherwise make a person snap and go into hysterics. But I have no need for this. As such, I need no god, so I believe in no god.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Do Not Believe In God I am a Pagan

Sooooo... gods? Powers that be? Spirits?

Because it would imply that your not a sheep who believe anything regardless of how little evidence their is in support?

OMG, YES!!!111one I've said this a few times to my friends, and no one has understood what I meant..

Maybe there is a god, but he couldn't care less whether we believe in him or not, and there is no afterlife at all.

And you have proven that how?

God is a matter of faith. Just stop trying to reason against Him, you can't reason against faith.

Punctuation.gif

"In so far as I am Man I am the chief of creatures. In so far as I am a man I am the chief of sinners." - G.K. Chesterton

yeah i do for my own personal reasons and im proud of it

and i dont care about the people who dont believe or think its fake or bag out christians or that argue with you until they're blue in the face.

at the end of the day my decision wont change and you would've wasted your time trying :lol: but also at the same time respecting you for being your own person.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Maybe there is a god, but he couldn't care less whether we believe in him or not, and there is no afterlife at all.

And you have proven that how?

God is a matter of faith. Just stop trying to reason against Him, you can't reason against faith.

Er, the first word in the sentence was "maybe". I was simply voicing some thoughts.

I for one hold a relative view of god. God is what is used to explain the unexplainable, and can be a source of comfort. God is in your mind. God is a coping strategy for what could otherwise make a person snap and go into hysterics. But I have no need for this. As such, I need no god, so I believe in no god.

exatly how i think.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

I think i have posted on this board already but i wanna post again. This time i have mad up a poem about god, and well i came up with it while i was killing ice worriors. Anyways here it is.

God is our hommie, god is our friend, god is with us even when we aren't with him. He is the shimmering light even in the darkest of night, and he even brings hope with gliding blight, for without god would be without light, and without light wold mean the dead of night. And if there were no god, then we would all be fishies in a dry old pond washed up, and dead with no life, being without god, is like being without air, no air no breath, you see this is life and thats what it would be.

I guess ill post here (Im not gonna read all that stuff, i read about the first two pages and the last two). This is mostly turning out to be a flame war, but ok.

Im an atheist. I belive there is no god, becase there is no scientific proof. Sure there is the bible, and all that otherstuff, but just hear me out. How exatly is the bible sappoused to prove it. Was i really writen by god? Or one of the Religions followers? it could of been some person a very long time ago, that was crazy, or board, or something, and wrote the bible. And some one found it, and belived it.

Oh and to let everyone know, ther was a person called Jessuse.

I belive in Eveloution, i belive in the big bang, i belive in the chaos theroy.

For further explantiont of the chaos therory (I barly get it myslef, just enough- hey im 14) got to http://www.imho.com/grae/chaos/

I have gone through and debated about this many times in diffrent places.

The only thing that can kinda prove the excictance is all the religions. if you look closly, most religions are the same. morst of the bibles are the same (For Jewish its the tora, i thnk). So i could sorta see it there.

Im gonna stop before i cause soemthing, hope i already didnt.

from my understanding, God didn't right the Bible, his followers did, but God told them what to write...(someone correct me if i'm wrong)

I respect other people's relgion, It's there life, not mine, if they don't believe in God, they'll be the ones to live through the seven years, where the anti-christ is over the world, then if they still don't believe God's son (Jesus) died on the cross for YOU(as in each one of us), then you'll rot in hell.. :roll:

Formly known as TheKat146.

Retired in 2003 on RSC at combat level 111 <3

I guess ill post here (Im not gonna read all that stuff, i read about the first two pages and the last two). This is mostly turning out to be a flame war, but ok.

Im an atheist. I belive there is no god, becase there is no scientific proof. Sure there is the bible, and all that otherstuff, but just hear me out. How exatly is the bible sappoused to prove it. Was i really writen by god? Or one of the Religions followers? it could of been some person a very long time ago, that was crazy, or board, or something, and wrote the bible. And some one found it, and belived it.

Oh and to let everyone know, ther was a person called Jessuse.

I belive in Eveloution, i belive in the big bang, i belive in the chaos theroy.

For further explantiont of the chaos therory (I barly get it myslef, just enough- hey im 14) got to http://www.imho.com/grae/chaos/

I have gone through and debated about this many times in diffrent places.

The only thing that can kinda prove the excictance is all the religions. if you look closly, most religions are the same. morst of the bibles are the same (For Jewish its the tora, i thnk). So i could sorta see it there.

Im gonna stop before i cause soemthing, hope i already didnt.

from my understanding, God didn't right the Bible, his followers did, but God told them what to write...(someone correct me if i'm wrong)

I respect other people's relgion, It's there life, not mine, if they don't believe in God, they'll be the ones to live through the seven years, where the anti-christ is over the world, then if they still don't believe God's son (Jesus) died on the cross for YOU(as in each one of us), then you'll rot in hell.. :roll:

I respect others religions too. but im just stating why i dont belive. (Ok i spelled Jesus wrong, sorry). But i think that everyone has a right to do their own religions. there is no proof that heaven or hell exist, and many other religions dont even have a heaven or hell type thingy. just wanted to say that before you tell me to rot in hell, muhahahahahahaha.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

I respect other people's relgion, It's there life, not mine, if they don't believe in God, they'll be the ones to live through the seven years, where the anti-christ is over the world, then if they still don't believe God's son (Jesus) died on the cross for YOU(as in each one of us), then you'll rot in heck.. :roll:

Thats a big promise for zero evidence. Maybe in the next hundred? thousand? million? years Jesus will come :roll:

I'm sure hell will suit you fine, for rejecting the Quran and Allah as the one true God. :twisted:

The largest flaw for me in christianity is that if we were supposedly given free will by god, why are we told we will rot in hell if we don't believe in him?

Some kind of free will that is if you're sentenced to an eternity of pain and suffering for not believeing something there is no proof of.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

I see dead people.

I see spam :roll:

p.s. why is the H word censored?? Surely no one's offended by it??

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

Rizla, surely your smart enough to know that pointing out that someone else is spamming constitues as spam in itself. You are just giving them incentitive to further spam.

VerbalBullets, if you are contributing nothing to the thread then your opinions are degraded, similar to the tale of the boy who cried wolf, your opinions will mean nothing to some people when they remember that you have spammed on other threads. Please respect others and refrain from posting stuff entirely irrelevant to the topic.

Back to the initial topic, I dislike believing in things, my mantra is 'What will be will be', if I will be segregated for not having belief then so be it. I will not believe to escape procecution, I will not believe to hold myself as superior to others and I will never believe to become 'normal'.

i thought of something regarding religion the other day......

think back to history class and remember learning about all the dominant cultures of past eras. the mayans had their own religion and they prospered for 100s of years. as did the greeks. so did the romans. so did the egyptians. so did the aztecs. the list keeps goin.

now all these cultures have different religions and their populous whole-heartedly believed that they were correct in their beliefs and thought they would ascend to a higher being.

now what makes you think that after thousands,if not tens of thousands of years of various religions,that the one that we have discovered is absolutely positively the correct one? wont the next great nation look back on us in a thousand years and wonder what kind of heathens believe in only one god and a messiah?

well just my thoughts.....eric