Guide to Power Smelting and Smithing

Jock66600

if you switch your coin with a cannonball mold, and make cballs while you smelt, itll speed things up a little, and can make a bit more money per bar. just my 2 cents.

decedenthope.png

Killed Hobgoblin Champion: 1/28/07

The economy is run by 13 year olds. Inflation hits when their girlfriends dump them. Besides, in any normal economy an influx of new items is a good shot in the arm.

if you switch your coin with a cannonball mold, and make cballs while you smelt, itll speed things up a little, and can make a bit more money per bar. just my 2 cents.

If you read what pokemama said, it might work but it will throw off your withdrawing the ores and Jagex nerfed the exp. If you look at the table you will understand, only 27.5 per bar making cannonballs instead of the 37.5 making knives or plates.

*EDIT* Added the Iron Ores Section and organized it a bit better.

Great guide! One suggestion for updating your guide though. You can wear the ring of forging if you're smelting iron. It still uses the ring's capability if you have it equipped. This will allow you to run five trips to the furnace in port phasmatys before you need to get a new ring. Much easier than running out of a ring part-way through a smelting trip.

nephite11.png

Excellent guide, I found most these methods out myself but they will be very informative for those who have not find them out yet. Keep up and good work and hope to see another guide from you in the near future.

~The Doomster~

Feel free to message me on Aim or Msn, or add me ingame.

Thanks for the signature Mathias

princeofpersia2ew2.jpg

lol. the problem is that LUMBIDGE SWAMP mining place doesn't contain tin/copper. it has coal (6-8, can't remember, 2 addy and 4-5mith) :)

Um they changed it and I think your talking about the one below Draynor. I been at the Lumbridge Swamps personally to check it out and its a great nooby place because no one is there lol. Look at the picture in starting out. Thanks though.

Look at the world map mate. The west spot has what you are talking about. The east spot is where the tin and copper is. \'

• 2 weeks later...
With 28 bars you can make up to 10-15 bars

Did you mean:

With 28 ORES you can make up to 10-15 bars.

?

Anyone know the fastest way to get levels with at least breakig even?

If this guide is it, just let me know however,...

I was doing the calcs and you use 5 bars per plate, and if you buy all your ores, use 10 coal and 5 iron per plate, doesn't that equal to me losing money? :cry:

I am just trying to break even is all, I dont want a profit. :-k

Apparently, my signature was to big.

I don't know for sure if you really did the ring of forging thing <.< ...cuz the ring of forging does not have the 150 charges per ring but only 140 #-o ( makes 5 trips of 28 ores :wink: ) well anyway thought you should know

Nice guide though =D>

Turbo rating 3/10

Nice gathering of info but I have a few problems:

1. This guide really doesn`t have much more than is in the KB.

2. The contents are hard to read (although creatively colorful)

3. There is no XP per hour factors in there. After all, power smithing/smelting is all about xp per hour.

Rings of forging were updated so they actually stop you from smelting when they turn to dust. No reason at all to carry another in inventory. It just drops your bars per hour stats, and I think someone else also mentioned that they do only make 140, and not 150 bars.

Nice guide but theres some stuff you could add to make it better:

1) Al Kharid for F2Ps.

2) Average times for smelting runs.

3)Goldsmithing gauntlets give 56.2xp per ore which is the fastest and best XP per ore in the game.

Still a very nice guide.

And Ultimatballr I think the best way to smith is to buy gold ore for 350-450gp ea. Smelt the gold using Goldsmithing Gauntlets for 56.2xp then sell the bars for 400-500gp ea. Best way to buy and sell is to use the forums.

good guide :thumbsup: , only thing is that forging only lasts for 140 charges #-o

~~~~~~~~~~~99 fletching~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~99 cooking~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~92+ fishing~~~~~~~~~~~

Huge fan of the TET crew, Good work guys

~"By the end of this ya'll be wearing gold-plated diapers!" "What does that even mean?"~