Abyss VS FFL

Uula

Yeah, Tallest told me you did that. Awesome man. That's my plan, if I can ever stop hating RC. :D

I sure did, now if only I can stop hating it too. -.-

I plan on doing mine in a break even method combining the two ways Uular mentioned. A quick set up in Excel can show you how many nats you'll need to make to afford the ess to do FFL till 91. It's motivating and depressing at the same time.

tallest.jpeg

571st to 99 Fm Nov. 4 '06 - 315th to 99 Crafting Mar. 3 '07 - 3410th to 99 Fishing Sept. 18 '07

26378th to 99 Cooking Oct. 16 '07 -.- 99 Thieving Dec. 29 '07 - 1343rd to 99 Farming June 5 '08

1807th to 99 Agility Nov. 8 '08 - 3094th to 99 Smithing Feb. 14 '09

2012 total - 91 combat

you should add making lava unes here too....35k xp h, requires 1/4 of dueling ring and 1/8 of binding ammy per 39 runes+ 1/1 earth runes per lava and magic iumbe spell each 39 runes, could be worth it selling lavas at ~100 ea....

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

3rd: if your willling to allow me to throw a monkey wrench into your whole set up and methods to get rc lvls please add a post saying so otherwise ill just leave this part out and keep your thread less complex :wink:

Go ahead. I want to hear your opinions, this ain't no guide or anything, just some calculations. <3:

WELL....

there is fast free laws of course which get you to 91 rc the fastest biggest money loss

and there is the "profit" runs doing trips yourself...

1st method is a huge drain on your pocket and the second makes you just about a bijillionaire

however there is a slightly slower method then ffl yet at the right times of the day faster exp then "profit" runs...

surely someone here knows what im talking about with world 16 airs :pray:

anyways thats a f2p world and basically you pay runners 2k for there unnoted ess from there you craft into air runes which can be sold for 15 to 20 gp each on the forums

with this method its basically breaking even, depending on your rcing lvl and the price you pay for rune ess

you make multiple airs based on your lvls as follows:

lvl 11 x 2, lvl 22 x 3, lvl 33 x 4, lvl 44 x 5, lvl 55 x 6, lvl 66 x 7, lvl 77 x 8, lvl 88 x 9, and lvl 99 x 10

so ya...that was alot of rambling on again...so if you want to do the calculations and money loss with all that in mind lol knock yourself out and add it too your thread :wink:

rune ess is usually anywhere from 20 to 40gp each, airs sell anywhere from 10 to 20 gp each, and air runes give 5 exp per ess...

have fun calculating if you decide to add it in :XD:

It's still slower exp than at abyss, AND probably slower cash. More of an option for f2p.

Swampjedi, you don't make 200 per ess at 91, you make 255. You don't craft twice as much ess, you craft twice as many nats from the same ess.

My point is, that people think that FFL is so fast, you have lots of time to make the 60m cash lost back. But that's wrong, if you're going for 91 for the cash, stay with nats. If you want the levels, go with FFL.

I don't see a point in mixing them to even out, I want cash to raise my other skills.

FAST FREE LAWS ISN'T THAT MUCH FASTER

That's what I'm trying to say <3:

Uula.png

another way you can look at it is you're saving yourself 100 hours that you can spend doing something else to generate money.

Let's just throw away your theory on the money generating part after 91 rcing to recuperate loses from FFL. There's lots of other ways to generate money and get faster xp too, LarryR prime example.

K, picture a timeline of 250 hours. Got it visualized?

SO let's say dude doing FFL, he's not going to pile 100 mil right away as it's made to sound like. It's over the long run of 150 hours. But anyways he gets 91 rcing at 150 hours. His next 100 hours, he's doing double natures with or without runners.

So dudette doing abyss solo nature gets 91 rcing over 250 hours. Straight forward assuming of course her sanity is still in check.

So who's better off now when you consider both at a standard time frame of 250 hours?

rs name is da same

Skill Total: 2053+

Combat Lvl: 125

runescape2us0.jpg

even in the long run Nats craft is better for cash.

To get level 91, you will gain 104hours to reach that goal but will have a cash difference of 150mio. As you can't get 150mio in 104 hours (as calculated in 1st post)with double nats, nats will alawys be uop front.

By how much.

In fact, we same time spend (so by adding the 104 hours) the difference in money of 150mio wil be deducted by 104hours x 2k nats x 2 x 250gp by nats, so 104 mioso you will always be short of 46 mio if yuo use ffs instead of craft nats WITH SAME TIME SPENT

Don't forget that with nats craft, at 91 they will laso do double ntas :) so the difference will NEVER be erased

Don't think that the faster xp is worth that much. To be worth it, you should b able to gain 150mio in 104hours so over 1Mio net profit per hour on a run of 104hours.

For me this is impossible, so not worth it.

And if you can do it easily... Why botehring to have double nats???

another way you can look at it is you're saving yourself 100 hours that you can spend doing something else to generate money.

Let's just throw away your theory on the money generating part after 91 rcing to recuperate loses from FFL. There's lots of other ways to generate money and get faster xp too, LarryR prime example.

K, picture a timeline of 250 hours. Got it visualized?

SO let's say dude doing FFL, he's not going to pile 100 mil right away as it's made to sound like. It's over the long run of 150 hours. But anyways he gets 91 rcing at 150 hours. His next 100 hours, he's doing double natures with or without runners.

So dudette doing abyss solo nature gets 91 rcing over 250 hours. Straight forward assuming of course her sanity is still in check.

So who's better off now when you consider both at a standard time frame of 250 hours?

Runecrafting doesnt necessarily have to be the only thing you do. I just showed the minimum amount of hours you have to work, and compared them to each other. You can rc one hour a day, and do something else the rest. It's just easier to show like that.

If you're getting 91 rc to make cash, you probably don't know another way to make 1m+ per hour.

Uula.png

aye, you dont see any double law crafters do ya? lol ::'

Just out of curiosity... has anyone actually tried crafting laws with the RC cape on and their level at 100? that could be the double lvl if not.

And, great argument Uular. Based on this, I'm definatly not using FFL. I would have made a lot more money in the extra time I spent at abyss than the time and money wasted at FFL to get to the same level, and then to make it back and match what the abyss would have made me. Yeah FFL is great if you're rich and you want the levels fast but not if you're in 91 RC for the money.

Good arguement here, how about mixing it up between both. It would be shorter than nats but you at least would have less of a non profit.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

aye, you dont see any double law crafters do ya? lol ::'

Just out of curiosity... has anyone actually tried crafting laws with the RC cape on and their level at 100? that could be the double lvl if not.

It's not possible to take capes of achievement to Entrana :cry:

Uula.png

I discovered this a while ago as well, which is why I have been solo rcing to my current level (almost 89). I never saw any benefits in FFL, quite honestly. I was there for one level (74-75 if my memory serves correct) and it was my worst runecrafting experience (lol).

It's boring and you're wasting money. Sure you'll get to level 91 faster.. But have fun scraping up all the money for the essence required to get there in the first place.. Have fun dealing with all the runners and fellow crafters..

Then again, I actually find rcing in the abyssal space to be enjoyable. So you can see where my argument is primarily coming from. But when it comes down to it, here's my theory:

You want level 91 to make gp, correct? So why spend gp along the way when you could be making it?

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I think that the abyss is the way to go for runecrafting exp.

Personally i got 91 through ffl and found it very boring.. as i was not making a penny from it. Although i was lucky and bought 500k+ ess for 50 ea.

So nowadays i'd say that it's best to just use abyss as you will be alot more determined pulling in those nice pay checks along the way :thumbsup:

x_runes.png

99 Runecraft - 99 Fletching - 99 All Melee's 1800+ Total

With ess at 110 gp ea you're better off running through the abyss... now if they were 30gp ea, FFL wins hands down (this was before pure essence).

That's so true. I wish I had bought 91 rc before pure ess.. lost 210k ess a week before the update actually. Was gonna use at abyss though.

Uula.png