99's or Skill Total

Maynard

They go hand in hand for me. My skill total is important to me, used to be more important. Ive moved into a phase where I want to max out skills. At this point it's agility. I will probably get 20 hunting levels when im done with this but after that I'm going to max out prayer or crafting. Maxing out skills no matter how important they are is my overall goal though.

Depends on the 99s.

Same. Like cook, fletch, fm then no. But like prayer, slayer and rc then yes! :D

You need just as much concentration for prayer as firemaking.

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

I have high total (2005 atm) and 3x 99s (Magic/Fletching/Cooking).

I would say high total lvl is much better - get all skill to 70 or 80 is much harder then getting 99 in fletching or cooking.

but again 99 agility/fishing and such (skill that you can't buy) are pretty impressive with low total lvl but much more impressive with high one ;)

All skills to 70 is not that hard, I am a total slacker and I am getting close to that, more or less. There's a lot more XP in one level 99 skill than in several skills to level 70.

Personally, I want 99 firemaking :XD:

Suzanne Vega

grammar2gr8dx.png

tokin rite wurx gud!

Who needs a high total or 99ers? :mrgreen:

Oops, that would be me, 25k exp needed for 99 firemaking at the moment... \'

At 97 combat I am doing OK for both total and 99ers, so I agree with following strategy: first get all 70+, then go for 99ers in the skills you like the most

2100+ total 3rd best skiller ever at 99 combat (maybe the best, highest total below 100 cb)

99 Cook 99 Fletch 99 Woodcut 99 Firemaking 99 Range 99 Mage 99 Thief 99 Fish 99 Agility 99 Mining 99 Runecrafting 99 Hp 99 Slayer 99 Smith 99 Hunt 99 Construction 99 Craft 99 Farming

I concentrate on skill total on the short term, because I feel aiming for a 99 is just plain insane as a goal. I know there are people who have the dedication to get there in just a few weeks, but I just lack that certain brand of psyche. Also, I'd hate having one 99 and lots of 'bad' skills. My penchant for[/i] 'hard' skills (agility, farming, herblore by obtaining herbs, not buying them, crafting...) doesn't really help either, I'm not so daft as to aim for 99's right now.

Nevertheless, in the long run, I know I'll be getting one or two 99's in a year or so, simply by training on as I am training now. I also have in mind to max out combat through slayer, but that is a goal spread over the next few years...

Ive always looked at total xp. That really tells how much they have worked on their character. Any average Joe can go get all his lvls to 60 with minimal effort and have relatively low total xp. The total xp that you have really shows how much blood and sweat you poured into your stats.

99 smithing rsc

tbh, if u have 99s (besides mayb cook, fletch, anc fm) you probably have a high skill total anyway - so i wouldn't worry about it much

however, id rather have 99s (besides the previousely mentioned 3), but those 3 are just for skill total :P

so basically, just get both up at once with 99 cook, fletch, and fm - 99s and easy skill total \'