MSN scare -.-

StrOwez

Apparently msn has a new virus going around that crashes your computer+ sends itself to people on your list.

I've been warned not to use msn by friends now because it crashed their comps :S any info from you guys? I look on the Norton's website but they have nothing..

A friend to all is a friend to none.

There are loads of MSN viruses running around.

but there's shouldn't be any need not to use the program.

Just don't click on any dodgy links sent to you from your friends.

Also..watch out for MSN adwares. They are a pain to remove.

If I'm not wrong, the virus is called ''Is that you?''. So, if someone wants to send you this, don't accept.

My friend accidentally clicked on it from another friend. Any possible solutions as her computer is really lagged and really slow :(

Retired 8th October 2007 | 99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | Owner of a Red Mask and 2 Santa Hats |

If you got it in an email from your freinds telling you to pass it on to everyone you know then its probably just a hoax virus. That aside, never accept attachments unless you are accepting them or are sure that it really was your friend that sent it to you. When someone sends me something on msn i always ask to confirm what it is before downloading it, then i scan it with anti virus.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TaDaraCampbell

If I'm not wrong, the virus is called ''Is that you?''. So, if someone wants to send you this, don't accept.

My friend accidentally clicked on it from another friend. Any possible solutions as her computer is really lagged and really slow :(

I think I got that Email.. Many times :shock: Is that why, when I log into my account on the computer, that it takes like 4-5 minutes for my account to stop spitting things at my such as this "System 32" and something about my computer being unable to update and stuff?

I believe this virus he's talking about is NOT spread by email. My sis's freind got it, and from what I know it happens like this:

When using MSN messenger, someone sends you a link, and if you ingore it, they will keep sending the link.

If your friend has the virus, he/she will not remember sending the link (just send them a message asking them).

If you click on the link, it opens a website, that automatcially tries to download something.

***I THINK*** that at this point a pop-up will be displayed asking you to accept/decline. Hit decline and you should be fine, and if you accept it, then your screwed. ***OR*** no pop up comes up and the virus will download it's self within seconds. Then everytime your signed into MSN, it will send the link to EVERYONE on your contact list.

This is just what I know about it so far. I don't have it on my PC, but like I said, my sis's friend got it, and so far Norton dosn't pick it up :(

Proud founder of the Lords of RuneScape clan.

Visit us @ http://lordsofrs.lo.funpic.org

banksig2qn4.gif

there's a nasty one going round that gives you a link to a php script, but most people just look for the .jpg at the end of the link...it says "hey, is this you? *link*"

it got me due to a friend clicking it and moaning she was concious about people having photos of her, ended up having to reformat. she's still not forgiven ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâì_ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâì

watch out for that one, it's terrible.

logo.jpg

***I THINK*** that at this point a pop-up will be displayed asking you to accept/decline. Hit decline and you should be fine, and if you accept it, then your screwed. ***OR*** no pop up comes up and the virus will download it's self within seconds. Then everytime your signed into MSN, it will send the link to EVERYONE on your contact list.

NEVER click accept or decline, ALWAYS use the little x. Accept can be switched with decline on your screen. Or better yet task manager shutting down the program.

From my experience :s <.<

---

My suggestion is, Uninstall the msn program. then i would wait a coupel days, scan over and over again, delete cookies/viruses. and re-install.

sigbanksupportqd1.gif