Wii...Not original?

megadedhed

Nintendo is getting sued for their Wiimote by Interlink Electronics. suposedly, the wii-remote looks "too much" like their pointer device.

Nintendo Sued for Patent Infringement

oppinions?

Megadedhed.jpeg

Sigs made by Runemetsa, Nuzza, Dark_Shadow, Kuroi and Me.

liquid blobs attacking eachother

American Anime... YAY!

Whether or not the company suing Nintendo actually ever planned on actualizing their patent should play a role in this, but probably won't. This is just like RIM (Blackberry) getting sued because some company in the US patented "email through a phone", even though they never planned on actually making a phone with those capabilities.

It's when people start patenting general things that it really starts to bug me. Like why don't I go and patent the idea of game controllers and then sue Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony?

I hate companies like this...

summerpngwy6.jpg

Holy... what the... oh my..... *faints*

TAKING THE WII OFF THE MARKET???? WHAT HAVE THEY BEEN SMOKING???? :-X

Ok if the patent weas really copied by nintendo thats fine, Nintendo, pay off the debts and continue selling the Wii's. Just please, DON'T STOP!!!!!!!!!! I LIKE THE WII!!!!!! :pray:

I've been a nintendo fan since I was 6 years old. I never thought Nintendo would be brought down like this. :cry: :boohoo: :cry:

I swear If Nintendo's Wii's get taken away I'm gonna murder someone ( :evil: ) or just fly up to the company and STRANGLE THEM ALL :evil: .

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Absolutely ridiculous is my opinion, but what can't you get sued for these days.

Your right. "Thats hot!" *Paris Hilton files lawsuit for 5 million for trademarked phrase*

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I agree that the Nintendo would of been working on it, from before the patent was issued. If it gets that far the court would rule that the patent is on already existing design and the case would get thrown out. Hopefully the company would lose quite a bit in legal fees.

a patent filed in February, 2005 which refers to a device titled "Trigger Operated Electronic Device."

The Wii was revealed in E3 2005. It was developed way before that. This company just wants some quick cash.

Priority on this patent is way back in 1995, it only just got filed in 2005.

Filing dates don't really matter too much...

Also, while you're thinking of that, triggers on the N64 and whatnot wouldn't matter either as prior art, because this patent is for a wireless device.

smithie3.jpg

I just posted something! ^_^ to the terrorist...er... kirbybeam.

a patent filed in February, 2005 which refers to a device titled "Trigger Operated Electronic Device."

The Wii was revealed in E3 2005. It was developed way before that. This company just wants some quick cash.

Also, while you're thinking of that, triggers on the N64 and whatnot wouldn't matter either as prior art, because this patent is for a wireless device.

I had a wireless controller with a trigger on it back when I was 5. That was around 7 years before 1995.

I had a wireless controller with a trigger on it back when I was 5. That was around 7 years before 1995.

And buttons on top and all the other stuff their patent is for? :P

smithie3.jpg

Thinking back, it had a couple buttons on it. It also had a small analog stick.

Nintendo was even working on wireless controllers for their machines back in the 1980's . There is a bit on them here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wavebird

I don't get it though. It seems like I could just make up an idea for something like a wireless lightswitch and then sue the company that makes it in 50 years?

summerpngwy6.jpg

Nintendo was even working on wireless controllers for their machines back in the 1980's . There is a bit on them here.

I don't get it though. It seems like I could just make up an idea for something like a wireless lightswitch and then sue the company that makes it in 50 years?

Pretty much so long as no one's done it before and it's not obvious :\

smithie3.jpg

let me guess the next law suit: "P0mg! i sue becuase you breathed my air and contaminated it with your breath!!!" -.- :roll:

<the49ronin> O_o methinks ard is acting mighty high and pretty -.-

<Ard_Choille> I am pretty

<Ard_Choille> fo shizzle

let me guess the next law suit: "P0mg! i sue becuase you breathed my air and contaminated it with your breath!!!" -.- :roll:

Congratulations not only for a stupid remark, but one pretty much offtopic except for the word lawsuit :\

smithie3.jpg

Congratulations not only for a stupid remark, but one pretty much offtopic except for the word lawsuit :\

I was going off the idea that i felt that this lawsuit was unjust and felt that this was not a case that should go to court at all so i decided to make up a lawsuit that i felt would be on the same basis as this lawsuit going on

so much for people understanding things these days :roll:

<the49ronin> O_o methinks ard is acting mighty high and pretty -.-

<Ard_Choille> I am pretty

<Ard_Choille> fo shizzle

Even if I have no intent to actually make one? Or any idea of how I would go about making one?

summerpngwy6.jpg

Even if I have no intent to actually make one? Or any idea of how I would go about making one?

I think at the very least you have to have a prototype/working model/plans to make a working model

EDIT: And then geto ne of these written up http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?u=%2Fnetahtml%2Fsrchnum.htm&Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&r=1&l=50&f=G&d=PALL&s1=6850221.PN.&OS=PN/6850221&RS=PN/6850221

smithie3.jpg

Patents are the stupidest thing to even enter court rooms and need to be abolished ASAP.

People have Patents on things like AI and other technologies that noone has yet found away to develope.

First come first served I say Patents only holdback development.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

Is this another one of those companies that makes a vague patent, then just kind of hides it until someone makes alot of money with a similar product?

A mind not to be changed by place or time.

The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a heav'n of hell, a hell of heav'n.

What complete idiots.

Taking the Wii off the market and getting payed THREE times the amount of money from Wii sales.

They are never going to win this case, and even if they do, that's never going to happen.

Supermonk, proving you wrong since 1992.

Supermonk rocks, I want to have his children.

Music is like candy. You always get rid of the rapper.

Meh, the whole concept of the Wii is unoriginal-a wireless tilt sensitive controller. Only thing they did was heavily advertise it and make it standard to the system, its sad how developers who have similar technology out who came up with it first receive no credit and are currently being called \"copy cats\" even though they had the same product idea out 5 years before

The world would be a whole lot better if little green men in UFO's came down to earth to abduct rednecks.