sig2000000ec5.png

sig2000000qm7.png

sig2000001copycopywo9.png

New Sig Coming soon!

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i personally use the line tool, and draw lots of little, straight lines to create curves then go back and delete sections that arnt curved enough and re-draw it with the line tool again. its neat if you join the lines correctly and keep the lines 1px thick

turtsigs2.jpeg

Featuring in my sig: TURT, ma pet turdle!

Thanks to- Runemetsa and Aijiru for two of the great sigs!

well if you want to see any pixelers at work theres a few over at pixel-arts.org who have video'ed themselves pixelin stuff. its pretty damn impressive but im probably not supposed to advertise that here :uhh: :ohnoes: But yeah, just use your judgement to get things looking clean, if it looks too sharp then its only a few pixels worth of work and boom! it smooth \' using the line tool in in small movements is the way to go, its not against any 'unwritten rules' jst aslong as its all manually done...

gl

vistame09copyhr8.png

thanks

can someone get me a quick sketch of a guy in a robe

dosent even need to be 1pixel line... just a sketch

i cant draw people

full body

full robe with hood

hands up to the side...

sort of like this....

--O

\/|\/

--|

--/\

New Sig Coming soon!

You wont learn if someone does it for you, just try, improve it, delete a bit here and there, and redraw it until it looks right. Honestly, lineart is the hardest part of a pixel for me, takes me hours to get even a sketch right, but once you do you'll know its right, and you'll improve every time you complete one.

md666.gif

well here is a quick sketch to start

its winter

tree on left and penguin on right

standing on ground with burn mark

probably will have fireballs in hands?

startfr4.png

New Sig Coming soon!

Ok firstly the head should be bigger and less round, use the circle tool if you need to get a decent oval. On the top of the hood it shouldnt be that thick, it would be thin and then thicker around the neck, unless you are going for a more "kkk" style hood (sorry couldnt think of a better analogy, Im not racist. :notalk: ) then keep it that thick but give it more of a point. Around the ears should also be less thick. Thick of the way a hood droops.

The shoulders are both completely different, I think you're more on the ball with the left one (my left). The arms should be more infront of the character rather than diagonal with the shoulders like they are at the moment. If you are struggling with stuff like this, as crazy as it sounds just stand in front of the mirror and sketch what you want it to look like. Works for me anyway.

Since its robes you might want to make the sleeves larger than the forearm, you know, like baggy. I tend to do stuff like this with the line tool, so you dont get unwanted curves like the one you've drawn on the stomach/chest which makes the body look uneven.

Hands are different sizes. Remember that you probably wouldnt see the sides of the feet as much as you have currently drawn, more just the front of the boots.

The waist is too low down, start the outwards lines of the robe futher up, but try to make it less obvious by having the chest line curve outwards from the start, if you know what I mean.

Hope that helps, I'll leave the background for now as Im guessing it isnt finished.

md666.gif

Hmmm... Seems to be a bit too wide now, though it is much better.

The head needs sorting.

The arms need to be brought around to the front more, so that the ends of the sleeves are pointing at the viewer more, know what I mean? Read what I said above about it.

This might help you, just use it for reference if you have to:

garravatar2gl2.png

Its unfinished and, well, not that great, but the lineart of the robes are there. You'd want to make yours less rigid though since you have a bigger canvas.

Btw: was that not meant to be a hood? :P sorry.

md666.gif

Ok, then reshape the face so that it is the right size for the body (bigger) and make it more of an oval. There are plenty of anatomy tutorials out there if you just search on google. Then bring the down on the oval about halfway and work from there. Hoods are pretty hard to do.

md666.gif

i'd start out sketching out a character using basic human anatomy and make sure all your proportions are correct.. Then start working on giving your character a robe on top of your pre-proportioned character so you know your robes will look right.. :-k

obviously this is reaaally rushed so don't crit this at all haha :uhh: just illustrating what I mean, btw my proportions are terrible, its something you have to keep working at and tweaking..

robedmanjm4.gif

vistame09copyhr8.png

i'd start out sketching out a character using basic human anatomy and make sure all your proportions are correct.. Then start working on giving your character a robe on top of your pre-proportioned character so you know your robes will look right.. :-k

obviously this is reaaally rushed so don't crit this at all haha :uhh: just illustrating what I mean, btw my proportions are terrible, its something you have to keep working at and tweaking..

robedmanjm4.gif

hmmm....

thats the problem i suck at anatomy lol

New Sig Coming soon!

hope you dont mind a small edit.

just worked on a few anatomal problems...

quickeditdy3.png im not good at that "inking style" that terly used without the scratchy lines, but thats the best i can do in like 10 minuites.

wow

i suck at this lol

i like it the only thing is i want to keep the same pose

do you mind if i use some of the stuff?

New Sig Coming soon!

robedmanjm4.gif

Not again.... #-o

Anyway, nice editing, and to the author, keep trying, you'll get there at some point.

Writing in colour was fun while it lasted...

The Tip.It. Furry! :D HappyWolf.png