Eragon

Nanosauromo

It was in my opinion, the most disappointing movie i've ever seen. Expected sooooo much more.

The only movie i've seen in the last 10 years that was worse than this was The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl... but only just.

Sorry, but what a tradegy of a movie (although the chick, whatshername, was hot).

Harrington.gif

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read the book a long time ago and I don't plan on watching the movie. I might download it if I feel like it.

The story is basically a rehash of many fantasy novels. Seriously, a dragon, that so innovative...

Basically its an attempt to cross LOTR and HP and it turned out that the author has farily good writing skills, but the plot wasn't good.

mysig31ha.png

Having read Eragon and Eldest multiple times i was really disappointed in the movie. :( They left out key characters people looked different and it was very rushed. Eldest is not goin to make alot of sense unless you have read the book after what they left out in Eragon.

And by the way w00ter he says "weise heil" not "please heal".

newbankofrsyq0.gif

silveraxe00.png

It was decent, and that's being generous to say that. Indeed, it was rushed, and I don't recommend watching this as a short-cut to not reading the book. Had they put more effort into following the book like the director of the LotR movies did, it would've been better. Although, there were actually complaints that the battles in LotR were much too long...

Meh, can't please 'em all.

My say: If you like a good book rushed through, go see Eragon. Otherwise, read the book and hope they do a better job with the next movie. If they don't do a better job on the next one, I doubt people will go running for the DVD. :uhh:

Heh, a new collegue had her first day yesterday. And I asked what movie she last saw in cinema. She said Eragon, and I inmediatly said "I heard it sucked", and then she said "oh, I loved it.". Oops. #-o

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

How much do you respect her opinion tho Daan? My friend Lisa loves crappy movies

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

spoilers

I saw it too and was very disappointed. I had just finished reading both books, so the story was very fresh in my mind. It was very, VERY loosley based on the book. They didn't set up for a 2nd movie (no mention of Roran's girl Katrina, no mention on Eragon going to train with elves, Ajihad didn't die, etc.), tho I guess it could be possible. What really ruined it for me actually, was the kid that played Eragon...I just didn't like him. He was ok for the 1st half, where Eragon is supposed to be young, innocent, and weak, but by the end he still looks like a little pretty boy.

I haven't seen it yet, and now I plan not to. No Katrina? Ajihad lives? Next someone's going to say that Galbatorix and the Forsworn danced out of his castle doing the can-can..

I stopped reading here, this quote is so damm funny.

I don't plan on watching it.

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

How much do you respect her opinion tho Daan? My friend Lisa loves crappy movies

Oh, I don't. :P She's new and she hardly watches movies. :P The oops was about me being way too assertive by inmediatly saying "I heard it sucks" without letting her finish her sentence, and when she did she said it was good. Pretty embarasing for me considering it was her first day on the job. :P

21o4pav.jpg

I haven't seen it yet, and now I plan not to. No Katrina? Ajihad lives? Next someone's going to say that Galbatorix and the Forsworn danced out of his castle doing the can-can..

Well, actually, now that you mention it...

But seriously, it listed Hrothgar in the credits (who's meant to be a dwarf) and I didn't even realise that they actually had him in the film. And so much was left out.

That was a waste of $11.50

Well, actually, now that you mention it...

But seriously, it listed Hrothgar in the credits (who's meant to be a dwarf) and I didn't even realise that they actually had him in the film. And so much was left out.

That was a waste of $11.50

You spent 11.50 on a movie? Dayum, its 4.50 where I am. :-w

"]doughnutt.jpg

Making books into movies always enrages me simply because they cut out so much. I realize if they didn't cut anything out the movie would prolly be about 4 hours long (if not longer). Anyone know when it comes out on dvd?

xtc+tester.png

Making books into movies always enrages me simply because they cut out so much. I realize if they didn't cut anything out the movie would prolly be about 4 hours long (if not longer). Anyone know when it comes out on dvd?

Thats why I stopped watching movies like Harry Potter.

"]doughnutt.jpg

My verdict:

If you have read the book, it wasn't that good.

If you hodn't read the book, it would be great.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

I know nothing about this movie, but I saw a trailer for it before I watched Borat.

All I remember was thinking "sounds suspiciously like Aragorn."

It's Dragon but with an "E"... clever eh?

Trust me, it's the only clever thing about this movie.

Harrington.gif

More Dungeons & Dragons than Lord of the Rings.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

You cant really boo hoo too much about movies adapted from books. Would you really go and see an 8 hour long film? Because thats probably what it would take to make a full film version of the average book.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Besides, you're watching a movie. Not a book. If you want to experience exactly the same as you already did. Just read the book again. God, I hate people who complain movies not being true to the book.

21o4pav.jpg