Barack Obama 08?

dwarfdude3

Would Barack Obama make a good American president in 2008? I think he would do great, but I don't know if he can win it.

My prediction is that he will defeat Hillary Clinton and John Edwards easily in the democratic primaries, but face tough opposition from republicans like John McCain and Rudy Guiliani (sp)? I dunno if he'll be able to pull it off. He will face tough attacks on his inexperiance, but if he does win, I think he will be like the next Kennedy.

opinions?

(and if you don't know who he his, check out these vids)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=56-m8wx1mwo& ... ed&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=P-qLDWQQmmo

http://youtube.com/watch?v=r6BJ9hl3EH0

I wouldn't say easily, it'll probably be a tough battle. I don't see much problem from Edwards, but Hillary clinton has a strong group of supporters, although she suffers from not being "likable". Obama does seem to be a Kennedy-like figure, but unless the Republicans fail to find a votable canididate, Obama's inexperience will probably lead to his downfall. But that's just what I think right now.

A mind not to be changed by place or time.

The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a heav'n of hell, a hell of heav'n.

I'd vote for him on the fact alone that it would make racists extremely angry.

Which would make me very happy.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

He's awesome. Back in November there was a reporter that wrote an article blasting Obama for embarrassing him in front of this girl he was trying to impress:

Obama owes me an apology

I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t care, IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m not changing my mind on this one.

Nope.

I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t like Sen. Barack Obama.

He might make a good president some day, but he wonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t get my vote. At least not until he apologizes.

Some might say IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m holding a petty grudge but letÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s see you become the butt of joke in front of 1,000 people.

Two years ago I was a full-time newspaper reporter in Illinois covering Southern Illinois University Edwardsville.

I had the looks, I had the charm and I had my eye on this pretty young thing who was doing an internship for a competing paper.

It took me nearly two months of running into each other at various news events before I worked up the nerve to begin talking to her.

And then Obama shows up.

The senator made his way to SIUE one day to introduce some legislation that would increase grants for students. Prior to that, me and the girl became really cool as I let her in on a few tricks of the trade.

The day Obama came, there was a huge press conference at the universityÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s student center with about 100 people inside the conference room and hundreds more viewing the conference on a big screen in the lobby.

Obama did his thing, and at the end there was segment for questions by the media.

After about five questions from different television and newspaper reporters, I stood up to ask mine.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅWait a minute son, this is for professional media only,ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

I know the price. I pay it gladly.

I really don't think the country's ready for him, which is hugely unfortunate. I really admire intelligence in a leader over anything else, and I think that's what the nation desperately needs. I do know that my first presidential vote will go to Obama though. :P

I think he will get screwed over because of his name. People were making a big deal about his middle name being Hussein (mine is too). Screwed up public these days.

I wasn't aware that was even his middle name...And being someone who usually watches CNN all day, I'd reckon that won't be a huge factor.

However, you overlook that his last name is OBAMA. Which just happens to rhyme with a certain someone in this country that everyone hates.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

I think he will get screwed over because of his name. People were making a big deal about his middle name being Hussein (mine is too). Screwed up public these days.

I wasn't aware that was even his middle name...And being someone who usually watches CNN all day, I'd reckon that won't be a huge factor.

However, you overlook that his first name is OBAMA. Which just happens to rhyme with a certain someone in this country that everyone hates.

Ha, that's funny! I meant to type that, but my keyboard was lagging because I am importing CDs to Itunes. I guess I never checked that it was still there. So yeah, that too.

That's great you watch CNN all day. I do not see how that is even relevant. Are you trying to say that if CNN does not report it, it must not be true?

I think the name you are looking for is Osama.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

However, you overlook that his last name is OBAMA. Which just happens to rhyme with a certain someone in this country that everyone hates.

I think Obama could easily defend any attacks on his name. What he won't be able to defend is attacks on his inexperiance.

I'm predicting McCain wins in 08 against Obama by a really close margin. It would be like the coolest thing ever though if he then chose Obama as his VP. Too bad it would never really happen....

I think he was just trying to make the point that his middle name really isn't going to matter in the eyes of the voting public.

I think Obama could easily defend any attacks on his name. What he won't be able to defend is attacks on his inexperiance.

I'm predicting McCain wins in 08 against Obama by a really close margin. It would be like the coolest thing ever though if he then chose Obama as his VP. Too bad it would never really happen....

Yeah, he can defend the attacks. It is kind of stupid to judge people based on their names (by the way, he is Christian). But will this necessarily change the mind of the public.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

However, you overlook that his first name is OBAMA. Which just happens to rhyme with a certain someone in this country that everyone hates.

Ha, that's funny! I meant to type that, but my keyboard was lagging because I am importing CDs to Itunes. I guess I never checked that it was still there. So yeah, that too.

That's great you watch CNN all day. I do not see how that is even relevant. Are you trying to say that if CNN does not report it, it must not be true?

I think the name you are looking for is Osama.

No, dolt. I'm saying that the average American, who DOES NOT watch CNN all day, will have no idea what his middle name is, obviously, because I - being someone who watches CNN all day - didn't even know it.

That's pretty easy to use common sense to decipher.

Anyways, whoever said he'll have a hard time defending his inexperience - Are ya' kidding? 70%+ of Americans think our President has NO IDEA how to do his job, and furthermore, is a complete idiot. He'll have no problem simply saying, "Well, most Americans believe George Bush didn't have enough experience, and he was a governer for X years, so what's the cut-off for years of experience to be considered for President?"

Yes, I know. I should totally write excuses for politicians.

- Me!

You don't think he's inexperienced? Obama has been a member of the Senate for a little less than two years, a position which he won by default.

I didn't know his history...Uhhh, at all. I don't really have an opinion on if he's experienced or not. Like I said, where's the cut-off for experience? :P

- Me!

McCain has been holding various offices for almost twenty years now. If you're electing a President based on his or her experience, this is certainly a factor.