closed

l0rdbarney

I like it :)

Tho if you actually load the world 1 or 2 screen or any for that matter just type in your pass and rsn and keep pressing log in, you'll eventually get in :mrgreen:

Main Account - Max cape achieved 10th September 2011
Noob Account - 2300 total and climbing 

6CCmn.jpg

This idea is not possible. A world is not just a plane of existence in the game, it is a server in real life. The reason you cannot login is because the server is throwing a connection error, but using a java try{}catch(Exception e){} block of code the error is shown as not being able to log in. The server does not know who you are, all it knows is that it is full. A "games room" is even more impossible for this same reason.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

This idea is not possible. A world is not just a plane of existence in the game, it is a server in real life. The reason you cannot login is because the server is throwing a connection error, but using a java try{}catch(Exception e){} block of code the error is shown as not being able to log in. The server does not know who you are, all it knows is that it is full. A "games room" is even more impossible for this same reason.

i have no idea what ur saying but dont try to get all techy on me and think ur so smart, ive seen many sites with a waiting list, the moment sum1 leaves ur automoatically loaded into the world

and in response to ur "{}asldnive{}" bull, eat this *lj13&*#%&% isadumbut*(%(*#%), gonna get into trouble for this form a mod but w.e, i made my point

ironmdefault,demon%20x%20lord.gif

pure:demon_x_king

i have no idea what ur saying but dont try to get all techy on me and think ur so smart, ive seen many sites with a waiting list, the moment sum1 leaves ur automoatically loaded into the world

and in response to ur "{}asldnive{}" bull, eat this *lj13&*#%&% isadumbut*(%(*#%), gonna get into trouble for this form a mod but w.e, i made my point

The only point you made is that you didn't think out your idea thoroughly enough, updates in game are one thing; updates out of game (logging in) is another ball game.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

actually, when you click, others have faster internet connections, therfore, get into the world faster. the faster you click, the more chances of you clicking at the same time when someone logs out. im talking about when your already on the world and uve already inputted pass, and is just waiting to get in. a waiting list on the outside, where you select your world, would help ALOT. your probably talking about this one anyways.. lol

actually, when you click, others have faster internet connections, therfore, get into the world faster. the faster you click, the more chances of you clicking at the same time when someone logs out. im talking about when your already on the world and uve already inputted pass, and is just waiting to get in. a waiting list on the outside, where you select your world, would help ALOT. your probably talking about this one anyways.. lol

ya ya what he said \'

you don't know what you are talking about, because there are many games and things that run over servers that use a waiting list. when i used to play diablo2, they had a waiting list, and it was very accurate, and helpful to know how long it would be until you can get into a game.

i support the waiting list.

runemsanta,nomar4.gif

Diablo 2 also was not an entirely online game. Everything you do in Runescape is handled server side, Diablo 2 could handle things client side. Learn the differences in Java and C++ before you speak next time. (I'm assuming Diablo 2 was written in C++, most gmaes are.)

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

Personally, i think that it is a good idea, but what would happen if someone was on the waiting list, but got into a different world. Would they be taken out of the world or would they be taken off the waiting list

Fabled_Foe.png

26M Crafting XP

you don't know what you are talking about, because there are many games and things that run over servers that use a waiting list. when i used to play diablo2, they had a waiting list, and it was very accurate, and helpful to know how long it would be until you can get into a game.

i support the waiting list.

ya dude, thats what i said, just with a few no-no words :XD:, which resulted in a 3day ban

Personally, i think that it is a good idea, but what would happen if someone was on the waiting list, but got into a different world. Would they be taken out of the world or would they be taken off the waiting list

havent really considered that but we could:

~u just cant even try logging into other worlds if ur in a waiting list, when u click "log-in" in another worlds it just wont work

~or ud just be taken out of that waiting list and be entered into the new world

iunno, ppl post ur opinions on this

being automatically taken off the waiting list, when entering a different world would work well, or possibly have an option to remove yourself from that worlds waiting list

Fabled_Foe.png

26M Crafting XP

Love the idea. I hate the fact that some people get lucky and get in in their first few tries,, while others sit there for 20 mins, clicking and clicking, wearing out their fingers and increasing their risk of Carpel Tunnel Syndrome...

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

i can get in... it wont take me longer then 5min :wink:

nah i hate this...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

that waiting list would have tons and tons of people on it....so it would probably be just as hard to get in...

Exactly...for worlds 1 and 2 the lists would be so huge it would take 30 minutes to get in...for clicking it usually only takes a couple of minutes.

tell me if this logic is incorrect but...

how would a waiting list be 30 minutes, and clicking be a few minutes, thats not possible unless if there are people waiting more than 30 minutes, having clicking wont make more space in that world so just as many people would be getting in at a time

The system of logging in isn't broke so why fix it? And i'm guessing it would take longer to get in because more people would think "hmm i might be able to get in now" = more people on the list. And isn't it still quite luck based, as whoever clicks first goes nearer the front of the list.

Jagex could make a program that checks where you are in the game and how many people are there. It could be like a search engine for where you are in runescape.

Search options:

-max players in area

-medium players in area

-low players in area

This would be on the world select screen

GREAT IDEA!!!!!

Doing that would require logging in before the world select. Pointless?

I apologise for the negativity here but I think a little bit of patience with the current system would work.

i can get in... it wont take me longer then 5min :wink:

nah i hate this...

if i think about it a bit, it really only is about 5 minutes

-but think about those who lag out of the world, 5 minutes again and agian can become really frustrating

-also for people who merchant a lot and world hop a lot, the clicking can become quite annoying

and it also seems unfair that some random person might have gotten before u, even though u have started trying to log-in long before him/her, just because they got lucky and clicked "log-in" the split-second after sum1 logs out

~thanks for the support, and thanks for the..constructive criticism...~

*SUPPORTS* maybe the chat could chat with people that are in-game, too.

im not too hot with computer science and stuff but, if ur in a waiting list ur not really in that server, so it might make it a lot harder to link u to players inside the server to players outside the server, iunno, im not a comp. geek..