Barbarian Assault Guide

Antaeus

Hey dude,

great guide. I love being a defender (except when I need the point in other roles and noone wants to def!) as I think that it is by far the most challenging role around. I didnt know about the 3*3 grid that you could drop your bait on to still kill them.

Just another comment. Wave 10 is by far the easiest wave of the lot. The removal of the right cannon means that they walk much closer to the trap and will go there straight away if you have the correct bait laid. If I have a good healer, I run straight for the trap, drop 2 bait, and run for the hammer and 2 logs (destroying another random bait on the way). By the time I get back to the trap, I fix it and drop the next 2 baits, which get chomped immediately (needs healer to tell the bait again) so that is 4 down within half a minute. The mushrooms etc atcually stop the runners from escaping, which is nice as they are directly in a line with the traps.

As I am always the first to kill my dudes in the queen phase, I can concentrate on using the horn until the queen arrives, and killing spawns after she arrives. This lets the healers just get on with healing/killing without having to worry about making calls every 20 seconds.

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

• 1 month later...

I haven't abandoned this.

I'll be adding more about the barricades (they stay up for AGES now). And waves 7/8-9.

For now I give more pictures, and some information regarding an update to the layout of the arena in wave 10.

Im a lvl 5 defender(actually lvl 5 everything), but Ive never even heard of barricading. How do you do this? and can only the defender do this?

Also I have some strategies that have worked. If you have several runners getting near the bottom drop several food where you stand. The runners will all cling to you. You can wait till people start cannoning or if they are too close to the exit do this. Wait till the next call. If the healer calls right away put down several of the wrong food and pick up the right food. Move away and the runners will eat the wrong food and move north away from the exit. After that move up several spaces and repeat. By this time they should be in firing range.

On the omega lvl (10) just go to the trap right away and put down 9 food or about 3 of each and grab 4 logs and a hammer. Use the wrong food strategy to kick stuck runners north to the trap and fix as needed. With this shotgun strategy im usually the 1st one done and guthan queen spawns or cannon while im waiting for the others.

limdog.png

• 2 months later...
Im a lvl 5 defender(actually lvl 5 everything), but Ive never even heard of barricading. How do you do this? and can only the defender do this?

Barricades are made with logs and hammer in the inventory. Just click on the Penance Cave to barricade it. If you Right-Click you will see the option "Block-Penance Cave." Yes, only Defenders can make barricades, but anyone can kick them down when they need to.

I'm glad this thread is still alive :-w I've been doing other things but gathering as much info and pics for this guide as I can when I get my teams together for some Barbarian Assault :D

Videos are in the works. Those probably explain better than I (or anyone) ever could with words :-#

Barricades are made with logs and hammer in the inventory. Just click on the Penance Cave to barricade it. If you Right-Click you will see the option "Block-Penance Cave." Yes, only Defenders can make barricades, but anyone can kick them down when they need to.

I'm glad this thread is still alive :-w I've been doing other things but gathering as much info and pics for this guide as I can when I get my teams together for some Barbarian Assault :D

Videos are in the works. Those probably explain better than I (or anyone) ever could with words :-#

Great job Ant! We all have our specialties, and you certainly are good at BA (I say that, but we all shudder at your total level).

I liked the information on how important it was to get to the penance runners fast enough, and I like the idea of barricading. While most of the time I play with experienced people (e.g. You, Beer, etc.) and we don't need barricades, I can see the advantage of them in a public game.

I would agree with previous posts about a little better organization, and perhaps lose some of the hide commands.

Best of luck with the guide!

Sleeping-in-cushionhigh.jpg

Quick question: What are the stats on the runner boots?

rewardsrunnerbootsvg8.png Runner Boots

Cost: 150 Honour Points in all roles

Requires: 40 Defence

Attack Bonus    Defence Bonus

Stab: +0        Stab: +8

Slash: +0       Slash: +8

Crush: +0       Crush: +8

Magic: +1       Magic: +0

Range: +1       Range: +0

Other Bonuses:

Strength: +0

Prayer: +0

0 Kg when worn

• 3 weeks later...

100000000000/10!

I absolutely love this guide!!!!! i used to know like nothing about barbarian assault and now i know loads! i am now only 177 attacker points from torso and im only level 72!!! w00t! ty Antaeus!!!!!

EDIT: w00t! all att points done! +now i need 2 kill queen #-o :wall:

also, is it true that when u shoot launcher u lose points?

Jac1113.gif

Yeah, well. Definately not me! LOL!

Good guide, but some of the tactics are horrible though. I'll quote some of my tactics from an other ba guide.

General:

Don't shoot the eggs! The more eggs you gather you don't shoot, the more points you get! The only time you should shoot is if the defenders really sucks and he has no clue what to do

You only need 8 omega eggs to kill the queen, I've beaten her dozens of times and I've never needed more then 8.

Defender:

If your team is 75+, barricading is definitely unnecessary, useless and time wasting, you really need all your time trying to not let a runner pass. It only makes the waves last longer and I found you can easily do without it.

The best defender tactic I found is this, I've let 0 runners escape on wave 9 with it, so I think it's the best tactic out there:

As soon as you have stocked up, start laying a trail starting from the cave to the east trap. This'll lure all runners to the trap. When you arrive at the trap, you probably need a call again. Wait a few seconds until the call and put around 6 of the right bait near the trap (depending on the wave you are in). Now put one bait just south east of the stalagmite north of the "shooting tower". Then run to the hammer and the logs. Get 1-4 logs depending on the wave and make your way back to the trap. Make sure both your trail from the cave, your baits around the traps and the bait north of the shooting tower are still there. This'll leave you with very less time left, but if you do have some time, use it to restock. The good thing is, Jagex made the runners actually follow the trail until the end. So, if you do it right, the south trail will mostly stay intact. (Using this tactic, I never let more then one runner past, although it can take a little long on the low waves.)

Only the baites near the trap should be the right ones, the others can be random. They runner will follow it anyway. (This is very handy, because you have to less restock on a specific bait.)

Attacker:

This one was pretty good, but on higher waves, it's better to right click next to you and keep your cursor above the "walk here" option when it's about to change. That way you won't accidentally attack another beast when you stop because it changes.

Collector:

I found it a waste of time to actually put eggs in the hopper. As soon as your inventory is full. Just click most on the upper edge of the eggs in the lowest row. That way, your can just keep clicking left and right to destroy all the eggs of that colour in your inventory. (The destroy option should be exactly on the place of your cursor.)

In wave 10, don't bother getting eggs. The best thing you can do, is run to horn of glory and keep calling and as soon as the queen arrives, get 8 eggs and then stay near the pool.

That was about it. Good guide though! :thumbsup:

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif