Mini-Game: Barbarian Assault

Um just a few things you might like to add into the healer section?

First of all, when a player selects the 'medic' option on their horn, the same red cross which appears on near-dead players will flash next to the name of the player who called for the medic.

Second of all, you don't mention that the healer can fill their vial by right clicking the healing pool and selecting 'take-from'.

Apart from that, good guide and thanks for the mention <3:

supernovasigst7.jpg

User deangut posted this in the Player Made Guides forum topic.

Here is a list of the Gamble rewards I and many other TIF members have gathered.

This is for TIP.IT and SODB use only...

High Risk Gamble: 500

Items that are more common per multiple reports

•  

[*:x19mw8mq]Gold: 20k-25k

[*:x19mw8mq]Weapons: Lava Battle Staff, Magic Shortbow,

[*:x19mw8mq]Armour: Adamant Full Helmet, , Adamant Plate legs, Red D Hide Legs, Red D Hide Vamps, Red D Hide Body, Rune Kite Shield, Rune Medium Helm, Rune Plate Body, Rune Plate Legs

[*:x19mw8mq]Runes/Arrows: Deaths (30-100), Blood Runes (41-50), Chaos Runes (88), Iron Arrows (2k),

[*:x19mw8mq]Misc: Adamant Ore Noted (16),, Dragon Stone Cut, Half Key (Teeth), Raw Sharks Noted (25), Raw Swordfish Noted (55-77)), Rune Axe/Hatchet, Rune Pickaxe, Swordfish (67), Teak Planks (22), Tuna Potatos Noted (21-29), Yew Logs Noted (44), Yew Tree Seed

[*:x19mw8mq]Rares Unconfirmed: Dragon Legs, Dragon Long, Dragon Medium Helmet, Dragon Axe

Points Spent: 400

•  

[*:x19mw8mq] 99 Raw Bass : It is girl

[*:x19mw8mq]

Points Spent: 200

•  

[*:x19mw8mq] 45 Potato Seeds : Colossus110

[*:x19mw8mq] 350 +/- Oak Logs : Santor

[*:x19mw8mq] Unicorn Horns Noted (12-13) : Huseyine, Fat_hobbit22

[*:x19mw8mq] 50 Flax : Flipflop121

[*:x19mw8mq] 29 Noted Marrentils : Baron8000

[*:x19mw8mq] 45 Gaum Seeds : Black_lite11

[*:x19mw8mq] Acorn Seed : Air Booth333

[*:x19mw8mq] 3160 GP : Godofjoy

[*:x19mw8mq] Mith Battle Axe: Arcticrunite

[*:x19mw8mq] 14 Tarromin

[*:x19mw8mq] Blue Dragon Chaps

[*:x19mw8mq] Flax Noted (46)

[*:x19mw8mq] Limps Noted (12)

[*:x19mw8mq] Saphires Noted (18)

[b][u]High Risk Gamble: 500[/u][/b]

[b][i]Items that are more common per multiple reports[/b][/i]

[list]

[*][b][u]Gold:[/b][/u] 20k-25k

[*][b][u]Weapons:[/b][/u] Lava Battle Staff, [b][i]Magic Shortbow[/b][/i],

[*][b][u]Armour:[/b][/u] [b][i]  Adamant Full Helmet, [/b][/i], Adamant Plate legs, Red D Hide Legs, Red D Hide Vamps, Red D Hide Body, [b][i]  Rune Kite Shield[/b][/i], Rune Medium Helm, Rune Plate Body, Rune Plate Legs

[*][b][u]Runes/Arrows:[/b][/u] Deaths (30-100), Blood Runes (41-50), Chaos Runes (88), Iron Arrows (2k), 

[*][b][u]Misc:[/b][/u] [b][i]Adamant Ore Noted (16),[/b][/i], Dragon Stone Cut, Half Key (Teeth), Raw Sharks Noted (25),  Raw Swordfish Noted (55-77)), [b][i]Rune Axe/Hatchet[/b][/i], [b][i]Rune Pickaxe[/b][/i], Swordfish (67), [b][i]Teak Planks (22)[/b][/i], [b][i]Tuna Potatos Noted (21-29)[/b][/i], Yew Logs Noted (44), Yew Tree Seed

[*][b]Rares Unconfirmed:[/b] Dragon Legs, Dragon Long, Dragon Medium Helmet, Dragon Axe

[/list]

[b][u]Points Spent: 400[/u][/b]

[list]

[*] 99 Raw Bass :  It is girl

[*]

[/list]

[b][u]Points Spent: 200[/u][/b]

[list]

[*] 45 Potato Seeds : Colossus110

[*] 350 +/- Oak Logs : Santor

[*] Unicorn Horns Noted (12-13) : Huseyine, Fat_hobbit22

[*] 50 Flax : Flipflop121

[*] 29 Noted Marrentils : Baron8000

[*] 45 Gaum Seeds : Black_lite11

[*] Acorn Seed : Air Booth333

[*] 3160 GP : Godofjoy

[*] Mith Battle Axe: Arcticrunite

[*] 14 Tarromin

[*] Blue Dragon Chaps

[*] Flax Noted (46)

[*] Limps Noted (12)

[*] Saphires Noted (18)

[*]

[*]

[/list]

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

Good guide. Although, when I played defender for a while, I'd like to point out that it's NOT helpful for people to fire eggs at runners - especially if they aren't explosive eggs and so won't damage them - when they're following your bait onto the trap. I was baiting one and the attacker fired a stun egg, and after that the runner changed direction and ignored the bait, which is difficult to make them follow anyway... I'm unsure if the other eggs would effect similarly, but I'd assume so. Somebody else might be able to confirm it...

If the defender isn't baiting, or isn't having instructions told, by all means, eggs fired at runners are a good plan, but in my experience they just hinder you if you're actively baiting them while others are firing eggs.

[pokemama 14 Jan: you are absolutely correct, the current info was leftover from the earliest strategy suggestions. I've had more defender experience since then, and have some better ideas. Blue eggs seem to be universally useless - a line of bad bait blocking off the southeast corner in the queen battle is a plus since the launcher can't reach it. We'll change this in the next update. ]

anyone need stats on the penace armour & rewards??? I can post if needed...

[pokemama 14 Jan: they are listed in the Jagex Knowledge Base already, but we try not to use that info at face value since mistakes can be made. if you post a picture of your character with only *one* item equipped, showing the stats interface, I'll be happy to add the info to the guide. Thus far the only two items we have data for are the penance gloves (gloves of lightness) and the fighter torso. I'd also love to know if any of the items have special non-stat advantages, such as the gloves reducing your weight by 4-5 kg.]

Well this was originally in Player-Made guides as just a player made guide and not necessarily for the main page in TipIt.

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?p=4174514

[pokemama 1/23: I encourage BA players to check out Raven's guide - he may have found a way to "choose" your gambling reward ... and ya gotta admit that would be sweet, eh? If you try his method, please post your results here or PM me - THANKS!]

High risk gamble (500 points), miscellanous: 19 dragon bones (noted)

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

Gugge tried to use Raven's list, and clicked away from "not bad" twice. Then she saw:

"You've got ..." and continued on ... and got 28 tuna potatoes, lol!!

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

This time her gamble result was"

"You've won" and she got a magic shortbow. :(

For the record, here is the gist of Raven's guide:

Primarily, when you're at BA and you cash your points in, Commander Connad(NPC) will say a variety of different messages, and this is the golden part of choosing your reward ...

[After choosing to gamble,] Connad has about 3+ [conversational] messages that will appear, clicking "Next Window" on the bottom will take you to your prize, which can vary from 42 Blood Runes to a Dragon Chainbody.

The 4 messages that many people and I have are + grade of reward:(or similar to)

• [*:31uz7imn] It's ok... - This usually leads to a low grade reward, eg. gems, planks and items along those lines.

[*:31uz7imn] Not bad.... - This usually implies that the reward is decent, which is would be able to be alchemised for a decent amount, though you may get a pity of runes. Poddible prizes can be Rune items.

[*:31uz7imn] Oh, it feels like something good, its... - This implies to anything between a semi-low alching price and the rares. Possible prizes can be Dragonstones.

[*:31uz7imn] Wow! it must be your lucky day! - Though i've never experienced this one, this one should be what you want. Possible prizes = Dragonry.

If any of your messages are the one of the first two, click away and ask again for another try of a gamble, but I suggest you take the item if it's one of the other two, as they can lead to anything worth your time.

Thanks to Red_Dog_47, atestarossa & fr0z3n_1n_h3ll for the help you supplied.

I was going to add this to my thread, but there are a few more thoughts I have about the chances of rewards.

Gamble rewards are possibly connected to your "drop roulette", and from this roulette, anything you get is removed for the future drops until it's reset.

There may be quite a few more messages that I hadn't found yet, such as "You've Won" and etc. but there may have been changes to the gamble so you wont have the variety of messages.

• 4 weeks later...

I posted earlier on, but it was about 12 hours ago, so i figured i'd post a new reply. I mentioned how i was going to test the line in the guide that says you don't gain any experience, and after about five waves of being an attacker, i've noticed that the melee and ranged attacks give no experience, however, you gain the magic experience gained by casting, this tells me that health damage experience is all that's negated, and you are able to gain magic xp in the battle area...

Wow, okay, that's good to know. Was it 4xp per hit, or 2xp, or ... what?

Not sure what you mean by this part:

health damage experience is all that's negated

Please advise, we do want to get the guide right. Thanks for posting!

Forgot to check back to see for replies >_>;; sorry about that.

***original message edit***

What i mean by "the health damage xp is negated", is that you only get the experience you normally would from casting the spell, in other words, if you cast fire bolt in barbarian assault, that would give you 22.5 xp (casting) + 0 xp (per hit). (edited part) Thereby meaning that any damage caused by anything, melee, ranged, or mage, is turned to the equational equivelant of 0. I.E. you can hit for 23 damage, but the game will record it as 0 damage, in terms of experience gain. (end edit) Going to quickly check to see if they've removed the xp-per-cast from the barbarian assault game. And again: sory it took so long to check back ^-^;;

****EDIT****

Yes. it's still in place, you gain xp by casting spells still. but not from additional damage.

------------------------------------------------------------------

fs_pc.png

Why, if the image is supposedly 455 x 137, and up to 500 x 250 is allowed?

------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of Cauldron

• 3 weeks later...

I just got done killing the queen as a healer. All monsters were apparently killed off before the the queen arrived, with the exception of 1 fighter (as far as I could notice). Though the fighter was alive and attempting to attack people my team was still able to fire omega eggs at the queen. When the queen died that fighter was still there, but the wave ended in victory anyways.

Me = In shock :ohnoes:

Anyways, not sure if that was just a glitch, or whether or not the same could be done with other penance (and/or higher quantities), so some testing would obviously need to be done.

Edit: Just had the same thing happen again, only this time with healers left over. Might be a bug, but either way it is possible to kill the queen with some other penance still alive.

Borei.png

Borei.png

Borei.png

Actually I believe Jagex states that in time the penance spawn will evolve into the various penance monsters.

Dunno if your game ran on longer than usual ... if so I would suspect that is what happened.

Well I can't say for sure in the fighter instance, but with the healer i checked through the chat afterwards. The message "All penance healers have been killed." was never displayed.

Borei.png

Borei.png

Borei.png

• 1 month later...

I've been using something that I thought was common knowledge, but it's not in the guide...

At the egg launcher platforms, the far east and west spaces will keep you from being hit by the Penance Rangers as well as the Healers and Fighters, making it a nice safe spot if you're near-death. I haven't tried it on the Queen attacks or the Queen spawn, but I have the feeling that it does protect from spawn and not from the queen magic attacks.

Using a screenshot from the guide, here's the spots (one is kinda cut off, but you can tell where it is from the position of the others):

launchersafespotsit2.png

It's a little hard to get to them; if you click there before you go up the ramp you usually end up next to the platform instead of in the safe spot, but if you go onto the platform and then click to the safe spot you'll usually go there.

I believe someone said this earlier in the topic, but I'll repeat it: A red cross will appear next to someone's name on the healer menu when they use their horn to call for a medic.

A few stratigies I've used that help a lot:

On waves 1 through 6, have either two defenders or two attackers to speed things up. On waves 7 through 10, have two healers instead; otherwise you will probably have a lot of problems with people dieing and ending the game.

(for healers and attackers) Add each other to your friends lists, and take the rest of the team off (or have them added and them not add you, and them turn their p. chat to friends only; if for some reason you don't want to remove them). This way the healer will be able to find the attacker easily (since usually the attacker takes the most damage), and vice versa.

(for healers) Turn private chat OFF, or change it to not-split (turn split chat off in the options menu), or make sure no one will message you for a while. The text can mess up your view of your team's hp, and this can cost you the game.

(for healers) When you have two healers on a team, you may want to have one concentrate on poisoning enemy healers until they are all dead, and let the other heal teammembers until then. However, the 'poisoner' should still carry a full vial with them in case they are closer to a severly wounded teammate than the primary healer; they should still be healing, just not as much as they might otherwise. Alternativly, you may try to kill all of the healers at the beginning or the end of the game very quickly, and spend the entire rest of the time healing teammates.

Re the fighter & healer issue: If a penance monster is simotaniously hit by an egg from the launcher while it dies form another source (poisoned food, trap, or attacking team member), then it won't always exactly die. The 'all clear' message won't be displayed, but the wave will end normally. They can usually be killed again normally if you want, though I have no idea whether or not you gain points for it.

Overall, it's a nice guide, but it needs some additions. :) Hope it helps.

[pokemama 30 June: sorry for late reply to your post. For the safe spots, I've not tried this. Will have to ask someone in game. It would also be great if you could test this on the Queen round and post one way or the other. The pic is great if we can just determine the effectiveness of the spots.

The red cross is known, and if not in the guide it should be added.

The double defenders / healers in waves 1-6 and 7-10 are mentioned in the guide.

The friends list and chat options are good ideas (I've used the friends list myself - 4 green dots on my minimap do me no good at all!) and should be added to the guide.

Splitting healing duties is known, and if not in the guide it should be added.

The last item, about a monster not exactly dying, sounds like a programming glitch and so I'm not sure whether we need to post about it. Does it make a difference to strategy or game play? or has it possibly been corrected since this post?]

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg