Raven6666's mini-guide to choosing the reward from BA.

Raven6666

-Still in progress and may be changed in the future.

Warning: It may take up to thousands of clicks to get what you want, so don't think you can get it too easily.

If you take notice of pokemama's post, there was a mistake with choice of word(otherwise it just sounds bad really).

ANYONE WITH SUFFICIENT INFORMATION TO PASS ON, IT WILL BE GREATLY HELPFUL IF YOU DO POST.

~I have changed some of the guide so it takes less room on first glance, they will be collapsed with the Hide BBCode

First off, if you don't know what Barbarian Assault is, TipIt and the RSKB have wonderful guides for newbies to it.

If you don't know a world where there are teams going on, ask friends or go to any world that is highly populated - usually the regulars.

[hide=What you need]

• [*:1gfse933]200, 400 or 500(plus PQ kill) points in any of the 4 BA "skills."

[*:1gfse933]Patience.

[*:1gfse933]Decent teams.

[*:1gfse933]Concentration.

[*:1gfse933]A screenshot(if you want!)

[/hide]

Primarily, when you're at BA and you cash your points in, Commander Connad(NPC) will say a variety of different messages, and this is the golden part of choosing you reward in essence(not rune or pure that is!)

There are 5 text windows before you receive your prize, and you can exit any time before he gives you the item.

[hide=The Hidden text here is out of date. Scroll down to see the updated version]

Connad has about 3+ messages that will appear, clicking "Next Window" on the bottom will take you to your prize, which can vary from 42 Blood Runes to a Dragon Chainbody.

The 4 messages that many people and I have are + grade of reward:(or similar to)

•  

[*:1gfse933]It's ok... - This usually leads to a low grade reward, eg. gems, planks and items along those lines.

[*:1gfse933]Not bad.... - This usually implies that the reward is decent, which is would be able to be alchemised for a decent amount, though you may get a pity of runes. Poddible prizes can be Rune items.

[*:1gfse933]Oh, it feels like something good, its... - This implies to anything between a semi-low alching price and the rares. Possible prizes can be Dragonstones.

[*:1gfse933]Wow! it must be your lucky day! - Though i've never experienced this one, this one should be what you want. Possible prizes = Dragonry.

[/hide]

[hide=Commander Connad has different sets of messages (all consisting of 5 text windows). These seem to range from low, medium and high for prizes. ]

[hide=Notes for below]

The numbers in orange detail the position of the text window in the chat, and all are in correct punctuation.

The text for the first window is always the same.

Text in Violet denotes a low prize(next to no value, planks may be included here), text in Green denotes a medium prize(About 20k or so in total/alch/use value) and text in Blue denotes a high/medium-high prize(currently the text for earlier windows is missing, as well as their possible places - Any help would be appreciated).

[/hide]

•  

[*:1gfse933]Gamble you say!...

[*:1gfse933]Lets see...

[*:1gfse933]What can i find?

[*:1gfse933]Okay, here we go...

[*:1gfse933]Got something!

[*:1gfse933]Ah, found something!

[*:1gfse933]I've got my hand on something!

[*:1gfse933]You've got...

[*:1gfse933]You've won...

[*:1gfse933]Hmmm, not bad, it's...

[*:1gfse933]Oh, it feels like something good, its...

[*:1gfse933]Wow! it must be your lucky day!

[*:1gfse933]Prize

[/hide]

There is a chance that I may be wrong, and that the Violet and Green text are on the same base for prizes, but they seem to give quite different items.

Last of all, a thought for connections between these prizes and your drops (in the form of a roulette where when something is chosen it's taken off as a unit) so that it may be helpful to try gambles out if you're have a "dry streak" at Barrows, or no decent items for a while. I can back this up as I received a Dragon Med from Barrows, and before that at BA, I received the Green messages very often, now I receive the Violet ones almost 90% of the tries.

Thanks to Red_Dog_47, Atestarossa[arnie arnie

] & Fr0z3n_1n_h3ll for the help you supplied - which was questions answered in PMs.

Deangut was the basic inspiration for this thread. Thanks to Pokemama for unlocking this thread so I can add more to the guide, as well as open for input.

Well it's the time from the start of any update that people will post about anything they want to take credit for that isn't theirs, I was posting this slightly with haste in case anyone could've heard the idea from me and post it faster off.

Those messages will be more accurate with my next update.

User deangut has collected an extensive list of possible rewards from the Barbarian Assault gamble.

These have been reposted in the Barbarian Assault Website Updates and Corrections topic http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=598440&start=9

If you have information that should be added to Tip.It's website guide, please post there as well.

Locking.

-Still in progress and may be changed in the future.

First off, if you don't know what Barbarian Assault is, TipIt and the RSKB have wonderful guides for newbies to it.

If you don't know a world where there are teams going on, ask friends or go to any world that is highly populated - usually the regulars.

What you need:

• [*:149mftpl]200, 400 or 500(plus PQ kill) points in any of the 4 BA "skills."

[*:149mftpl]Patience.

[*:149mftpl]Decent teams.

[*:149mftpl]Concentration.

[*:149mftpl]A screenshot(if you want!)

Primarily, when you're at BA and you cash your points in, Commander Connad(NPC) will say a variety of different messages, and this is the golden part of choosing you reward in essence(not rune or pure that is!)

Connad has about 3+ messages that will appear, clicking "Next Window" on the bottom will take you to your prize, which can vary from 42 Blood Runes to a Dragon Chainbody.

The 4 messages that many people and I have are + grade of reward:(or similar to)

•  

[*:149mftpl]It's ok... - This usually leads to a low grade reward, eg. gems, planks and items along those lines.

[*:149mftpl]Not bad.... - This usually implies that the reward is decent, which is would be able to be alchemised for a decent amount, though you may get a pity of runes. Poddible prizes can be Rune items.

[*:149mftpl]Oh, it feels like something good, its... - This implies to anything between a semi-low alching price and the rares. Possible prizes can be Dragonstones.

[*:149mftpl]Wow! it must be your lucky day! - Though i've never experienced this one, this one should be what you want. Possible prizes = Dragonry.

If any of your messages are the one of the first two, click away and ask again for another try of a gamble, but I suggest you take the item if it's one of the other two, as they can lead to anything worth your time.

Thanks to Red_Dog_47, atestarossa & fr0z3n_1n_h3ll for the help you supplied.

Note - I will try this for myself truly once I achieve more points.

Edit - I tried it before I psoted this guide, the 2nd phrase that he says seems to be the most common, this probably will support the theory of mine that you have the power to choose what you want.

UPDATE:

My friend tried to use your list, and got "not bad" twice. Then she saw:

"You've got ..." and got 28 tuna potatoes, lol!!

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

In order to allow continued collection of gambling info and how it might relate to what the NPC says, I'm unlocking this topic.

*However*, the author is charged with searching for other topics on the same subject, collecting info others have posted, and maintaining the info in a Website Updates forum Barbarian Assault topic post simultaneously until a correlation can be proven (or not).

I remain anxious to learn if a relationship can be definitively be proven, and hope that players will post what the NPC says and their reward so we can find out for sure.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The update to the stinginess of the lower rewards seems to have had no effect on the messages.

I STILL NEED A LOT OF INFO PEOPLE!!

If this all fails, I might have to ask to have this topic removed...

• 2 weeks later...

Ughh. My circle of BA addicts and I wanted to keep this a secret until we had confirmed whether it worked... :oops: I guess the secret is out, then. Pray Jagex doesn't fix it.

Although you have to wonder... the gear seller says three separate sentences before announcing the phrase that you use to tell what prize you get. This seems pretty arbitrary, doesn't it? My theory is that Jagex put it in there on purpose, with the knowledge that since a chain is virtually impossible based on honest gambling, they'd need to put in a sort of "cheat" to give people a chance. That, or just to mock us when we mess up (I've failed at it around 5 times).

A little tip for people trying this out: the biggest killer, and I cannot stress this enough, is private messages. At all times while trying this out you must have your private chat on "OFF". Two of my slip ups and a lot of the slip ups people I know have been the result of PMing friends. They'll look up, see a PM, answer it, come back (and forget which sentence number they're on), click three times, and get a rune pickaxe for their half-hour of clicking. Besides for that it's just concentration and not-messing-up-ness.

On a final note, if you're still doing this, I'm dying to know the odds of a chain from him. This guide would be amazing if you added the odds. =P

chesssigtexttipitlt0.jpg

Stunning signature created by the one and only My Boggy.

Just like Columbus he gets murderous on purpose

• 2 weeks later...
On a final note, if you're still doing this, I'm dying to know the odds of a chain from him. This guide would be amazing if you added the odds. =P

About the timing, I released it in a hurry, in case someone else wanted to gain credit.

According to some people, the odds of a Dragon Chain would be comparable to those of an Imp Champ. Scroll, which appears to be unlikely, though the Champ. Scroll wouldn't seem that hard to obtain.

Yak Yak Yak Yak et al.

:oops:

-Fatigued and did not see the errors.

Will no longer update this guide as of the beginning of April until either:

A: I get p2p back and re-addicted to RS

or

B: Masses of new information comes in, including details of the message for the rarer goods.

idea to beat jagex prizes,

get the points etc for the hight quality prize...

then go and gamble, he says it feels like a good 1 etc,

if he says it not bad, simply walk away and try again, till you have the "it's your lucky day!"

please note: i have not tried this, so it might not work, but there's no harm in trying

my online game(rs) username is: velvet ears0

woodcuttersguildxm7.png

reportsigvj6.png

newscape450x35fa3.gif[/ur

Well...I don't know if I did this wrong, but it doesn't work anymore I think. Can anyone please confirm this?

Still works, but there is no need to post here on this specific thread.

Why can't we post here?..

...And...have you even tried it lately Raven?