Abortion Opinions (no flaming)

Muse

Election aside, I believe this topic deserves it's own thread. (mods feel free to lock if you disagree)

I'll start: I'm independant on this issue.

I do not believe abortion should be allowed at ALL.

UNLESS!:

It is in response to incest, rape, or there is danger to the mother's life if she were to continue.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think its right.

These are the only reasons i think it should be permitted:

-if its going to be life threating to the mother

-pregnancy was cause by rape

-the family cannot offard the child without filing backrupcy

Other than that i dont think they should be able to have an abortion.

I beleive that the current debate over abortion is ok where it is, because we are not solely discussing abortion. If we need a topic for abortion, than we would need one for every issue that has any role in the upcoming election, which would make the "who should be prez in..." topic unneeded.

Unless a mod or someone with authority says to 'only debate abortion here,' I will continue to debate abortion wherever the debate takes place.

Muse is correct that abortion should only be allowed if the pregnancy were a result of rape, etc... of the mother's life was seriously endangered. Financial problems are not applicable, in my views, b/c if a family cannot afford to have kids, then don't get pregnant.

I dont think its right.

We are pretty much in agreement then-except b. :?

I'm sorry but my reasonings preclude any form of birth control; because quite frankly, if someone is that close to bankruptcy in the first place shouldn't birth control be on the forefront of their minds.

Aside from that, human life doesn't have a price in my opinion.

**There are millions waiting to adopt who don't have the luxury (and aren't going bankrupt) of physically being able to reproduce.

I agree... abortion is not right unless the life of the mother is directly at risk.

It is murder, as the fetus is already a living being that has the capacity to possibly think and feel.

However, the morning-after pill is NOT wrong, and should be used in all cases when someone is not sure if she may have gotten pregnant!

Everybody hug and spread the love :D

siggypooro0.jpg

As an athiest my view is not based on whats written in a fairly tale book but my own morals.

I don't belive abortion should be used as a contraceptive and as an easy way out but it should alwys be an available option for anyone should they need it.

To be perfectly honest i think you should be able to abort chuldren up to the ages of 14! ;)

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Also i think young children may want to stay out of this thread :wink:

I agree-however, I'm pretty sure if you're old enough to understand politics to participate in a debate 'bout it, you're old enough to read opinons from others on this issue.

Especially given the percentage of abortions performed on teens (the main viewing audience on tip).

;)

Mercifull, I must say that I admire your position, provided that most athiest are pro-abortion, but could ou clarify on when anyone should need an abortion?

I am still pro abortion but the circumstances should be looked at by a doctor. It can be dangerous to abort. Its not because i think its murder, its because harm can come to the woman if the baby has got to a certain point.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I cannot see how anyone could say "it is a murder", but then say it is ok. They are innocent babies who did nothing to be killed.

Even if it means the mother could die as a result of carrying? What happens then if mother dies at 20 weeks of gestation-they both die.

As for the other 2 reasons stated in my post anyway-emotional harm is just as real as physical harm in my opinion.

Rape and incest are incredibly damaging, traumatic, barbaric acts of hatred. The scars are there for several lifetimes over..

To carry that child could prove emotionally lethal for the mother.

Again, this is just my opinion.

I cannot see how anyone could say "it is a murder", but then say it is ok. They are innocent babies who did nothing to be killed.

Even if it means the mother could die as a result of carrying? What happens then if mother dies at 20 weeks of gestation-they both die.

As for the other 2 reasons stated in my post anyway-emotional harm is just as real as physical harm in my opinion.

Rape and incest are incredibly damaging, traumatic, barbaric acts of hatred. The scars are there for several lifetimes over..

Round of applause!

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Mercifull, I must say that I admire your position, provided that most athiest are pro-abortion, but could ou clarify on when anyone should need an abortion?

;) Heya doorbell. Still here eh?

Jk :P :P

Round of applause!

Thank you Mercifull, your words reflect on your name.

:)

I would think rape or incest would be much more traumatic for the mother and not the baby. Also if there was a chance the mother could die why kill the baby? why does the mother have the right to value her possible harm over the life of another human? Also there are alternatives to abortion such as putting the baby up for adoption if you cant live with having a baby cause by being raped.

Both raped mothers and the babies of the rapists are more likely to commit suicide than other people.

Stats from the ODPM 2000 (sorry you cant access this data its for goverment ppl only)

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

I dont think its right.

We are pretty much in agreement then-except b. :?

I'm sorry but my reasonings preclude any form of birth control; because quite frankly, if someone is that close to bankruptcy in the first place shouldn't birth control be on the forefront of their minds.

Aside from that, human life doesn't have a price in my opinion.

**There are millions waiting to adopt to don't have the luxury (and aren't going bankrupt) of physically being able to reproduce.

First, accidents do happen, Birth controls arn't fool-proof.

Second, there are PLENTY of children waiting to be adopted. The short end lies with people who want to adopt.

Third, I'm not a woman so I don't think I have any say in the issue.

I've got nothing against it. Unless the mother is an idiot who waits until really late into the pregnancy when the baby has a chance of coming out alive, even though an abortion was attempted.