Panda's Guide to Actually *winning* at fight pits! *gasp*!

Pandaman115

Hello there. If you are reading this, you are possibly tired of getting killed by those lvl 100+s that have tons of friends and veracs. WELL THEN YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE! We will be going through the different types of winning at fight pits, strategies, and so on!

WHAT THE HECK SHOULD I WEAR?! (Amoung levels)

Most people wear full rune, a whip, and an obsidian shield, lose, and go "why didn't I win?!". I'll tell you why. They did not have Veracs' Set. Without Veracs' (which I will be calling it for the rest of the game), it is very hard to win. Veracs set is very special, it can negate ANY defensive bonuses, or prayer bonuses, but this special isn't common, so don't expect it every hit.

If you want to ancient, wear ahrims and at least some range defense (such as an obsidian shield, rune shield, or crystal shield), to protect against those pesky rangers! :P )

People often wonder if they can do it with 60\60\60, or 70\70\70. It IS possible, but, with almost anything, the higher your stats, the easier it'll be. I HIGHLY reccommend 70\70\70, but this is just the minimum. At this moment, I have 71\80\70, and I win most games. Without 70\70\70, you cannot wear veracs', and of course, it will be tons harder.

Verac's only needs 70 Attack and 70 Defense, but still, 70\70\70 helps a ton.

I do not reccomend Magers or Rangers, they are extremely weak here.

Types of Fight pitters!

There are 4 types of Fight pitters.

1) The meleer (most common, of course)

2) The ranger (rare to see)

3) The ancient (uncommon)

4) THE HIDERS. They will be in almost EVERY game.

Meleer:

The meleer is rather easy to take out. Just keep hitting them with whatever weapon you have (again, preferrably Verac's), and if they don't kill you first, they're easy to kill. Full rune is the easiest to kill.

Rangers:

The rangers will usually be equipping Full Black Dragon Hide\Karil's and a Crystal Bow. They just sit in their spot, shooting you. Often times, people are being piled to even notice that they're being hit. These are the easiest to kill by far, considering their defense is weaker, and cannot stop you.

Magers:

The most common Mage will be the Ancient. They usually wait 'til the end to get you, since you're getting low on health, prayer, and no one else can see them. They are deadly, and if you KNOW they are an ancient, KILL them instantly.

The second mager will usually use normal spells, such as fire bolt, fire wave, air blast, and so on. They are rather easy to kill, so don't worry about them instantly.

Hiders:

Hiders I do not care for, since they usually are lvl 70, have an Adament Longsword, and a Holiday Hat. They will hide in the corners, away from everyone, hoping to kill the last person. They are usually killed before there's one person left. Hider's are hated most out of anyone. Expect for people to go after you if you're hiding. I highly recommend NOT hiding.

Strategies:

Teaming:

Teaming can be defined as getting a group (people you just met, or friends), and sticking together to win. Even one person with one person, teaming will help. The more people in your group, the better.

Be wary though, as as soon as there's no one else left to kill, they might turn on you. Try and be the leader, as they will almost always take orders from their leader, and won't turn on them.

Ancienting:

This method is using Verac's, then when they're few people left, pulling out ancients to kill them all. This will almost definately get you blackmarked for piling from almost everyone next game. I do not reccomend ancients, unless you have a rather large team.

If you must ancient, DO NOT do it at the begginning. You will be instantly piled by most people, since they see you as a major threat, no matter what spell you use.

Alching Trick:

Some people come to alch at Fight pits, to watch, and to have fun. Some people though, use this for their Advantage. They bring their armor, act as a normal alcher, hoping not to get killed, and if they're not killed with only a few people left, pull out their armor and kill the rest. This is a rather good method if the teams and people in there trust alchers. They will be surprised and by the time they know what to do, they'll be dead.

My favorite Method: Sitting and Waiting

Let THEM duke it out, then when there are a couple people left, spring on them all and kil them.

If you are fighting an enormous team, or very strong, go for the highestl vl or the leader first. That will weaken them (less high lvls is always good, right?), and if it's their leader, it might make them a bit disorganized.

FAQs

Should I eat?

Personally, I eat. I don't care if they don't like me. I'm there to WIN, not to make friends (although, that is an advantage). Eating is almost the only way to win against high lvls. I HIGHLY reccommend to eat.

Should I Pot?

If you have the pots, yes. If you don't, don't go out of your way to get them. They are helpful, but not a neccessity. People generally don't like potters that much either, but tend to not see them pot. If you are going to pot, do it discretely.

One example would be to stand on your friend of have them stand on you, then pot\eat, so no one can see it.

Should I Ancient?

I don't reccomend it, since people HATE ancients.

Should I Hide?

No. Just ... no.

Should I pray?

Yes. There is no shame in Praying. It's there for a reason.

Well, that was my guide, I hope you all liked it. :) I will add anything I need later. Thanks to Kashi for loaning me her Verac's set.

CREDITS:

Lord_Gromit

anantipure

[Admin Edit: No naming names in a negative light]

Yes, pictures would be good.

Otherwise, great guide!

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

An excellent guide,

could use pictures, but that's beating a dead horse

Knitting. At level 1, you can make fuzzy mittens. At level 50, fuzzy rainbow sweaters. At level 99? Fuzzy pink toe socks.

Oh yeah.

'Scaper since 2002

nice guide! and if you can afford it veracs to start and dharok to end is extremely effective and also a weapon with a special aswell

stupid forums lost my dragon count , well atleast i know i got a d chain from a dusty!

99 Fletch, Late 06

99 Mage, late 07

99 Strength, 29th June 08

99 Hitpoints, 21st August 08

130/138 cmb

sooo close

You might want to mention that Fight Pits is essentially a training ground for Pking. Here's a few things I'd like to see added:

:arrow: Pictures of various outfits that you would recommend, with inventories

:arrow: Hint: If you really must pot, stand in a spot, then have a friend or teammate walk on top of you, and feel free to pot. Other players will see your friend, not you.

:arrow: If you are competing against a superior team, always go for the leader/highest combat level first, except if there's a mage.

:arrow: If you plan on maging from the beginning or middle, DO NOT wear mystic, unless you have a death wish... Instead wear ahrims with some range defence (crystal shield comes to mind) and have a few other teammates ranging/hallying/maging for support.

Overall, 7/10, :thumbsup:

barrowsmdharok,marche220.gif

marche220.gif

Its an ok guide, but very lacking. For instance, you mention that if you know someone's an ancient to kill them first. But guess what? If they're even slightly competent they'll kill you, by freezing, running, freezing, running, etc. You should ALWAYS bring ranging gear for the ancients. Black d'hide and c bow is great, but full (yes, full) karils is better. Ancients die quickly to karils xbow, and their spells mainly splash against its mage defence (best in the game). Your way, if you kill them at all it will cost you a TON of food/hp. This in turn requires 70+ ranged in addition to your recommendations, and higher magic helps too. Using your method of veracs is ok for killing meleers, but you left a lot out. For example, against rangers you should definitely use a rune defender with a whip/dds special.

Going melee/range hybrid is definitely the only way to go. You also might want to include some tactics for actually fighting (such as whipping down to about 40 hp then dds specialing) and suggested inventories.

Nice start, but there's definitely room for improvement.

blurredsigla2.jpg

Words be here.

Thanks for some advice other then to make it have pics. What you suggested is good, (definately better then my method), I generally use maybe 5-7 monks tops, and it doesn't take long to kill them. I pray and use the 15% prayer to raise my defense more. I will DEFINATELY add that though.

Words

This too is very helpful advice, I will add it.

i suggest if your gonna hide bring an easter ring, go in a corner and turn into the red egg :P

ancients pwns there 'nuff said

teams are also good there

i usually bring mage gear, whip, karils and a bow and bursts and veracs

nice guide <3:

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

Imade 120K+ tokkul simply winning at the fight pits from around level 90-98 (i no longer play runescape). I found the easiest way is to bring ranger, melee and magic. Usually Veracs, Ahrims and Black dhide.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

i hide...then when theyre only like 1 or 2 peps left its alot easier to ice them.

i find that if you wear just the rune armor people are less likely to go after you at first. if your a lower lev you can also get away with acting like a pure. of course i use all 3 types of combat and dont usually use food since i use blood burst or blitz on enemies to regain health. id also recomend using blood burst if you are geting piled, seing as they are being kind enough to stand in 1 spot for you.

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

i hide...then when theyre only like 1 or 2 peps left its alot easier to ice them.

i find that if you wear just the rune armor people are less likely to go after you at first. if your a lower lev you can also get away with acting like a pure. of course i use all 3 types of combat and dont usually use food since i use blood burst or blitz on enemies to regain health. id also recomend using blood burst if you are geting piled, seing as they are being kind enough to stand in 1 spot for you.

9\10 games, when there's one team left, or any teams left, they'll usually go "hey, let's go after the hiders".

I'm 82, 86, 70... Would this work for me?

pissant22.png

7 months ago, shoulen m0nk lured me for everything. If you know anything about him, pm me.

lol that was a good story but his eyesight must be poor... it's a well known fact that mods only drop garages on players. :lol: