Acne

Gattree

i use clearasil it doesn't seem to do much :wall: :wall:

untitled17gw8ps.gif

Evolution is a philosophy unsupported by the majority of scientific observations whose influence has been a detriment to society and true scientific advancement.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

onl stuff that works its the stuff doctors prescrbe but that compltetly destroys your liver lol (as if teenagers dont do that allready) best thing to do is just ride it out.

Well, with Accutane, probably the most heavy-duty medication for acne, doctors do regular blood tests to monitor cholesterol, liver function, etc. My doctor tells me that she has never had a patient with liver problems since she has been prescribing this.

However, a lot of the medications may cause GI problems like acid reflux and heartburn.

punk4ever.gif

By The_Jeppoz :wink:

Well, with Accutane, probably the most heavy-duty medication for acne, doctors do regular blood tests to monitor cholesterol, liver function, etc. My doctor tells me that she has never had a patient with liver problems since she has been prescribing this.

However, a lot of the medications may cause GI problems like acid reflux and heartburn.

I think I only had to do one, maybe two blood tests while I was on it.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

onl stuff that works its the stuff doctors prescrbe but that compltetly destroys your liver lol (as if teenagers dont do that allready) best thing to do is just ride it out.

Exactly. They monitor triglyceride levels. Only .01% of people who take it ever have any liver damage...And besides, the liver heals itself completely. You can cut your liver in half and it'll grow back. :P

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

I had acne when I was like 13-15 and then it pretty much went away. During that period there was nothing I could do to stop it; No amount of good hygiene, proper washing etc. could stop it.

So if you have continuous acne, you aren't causing the problem, it's the darn genes. Get real treatment like roaccutane instead of clearasil, and you will see real results :) (But stronger stuff does require prescription)

2.) ZERO MILK! If I drink any milk what so ever I get cysts. Annoying zits that don't go away for a week or 2!!! But its alright because milk gives me mild heartburn.

I think had one of them on my face. I hated it. It looked like a got hit in the face with a baseball bat. I woke up like 2 days before Thanksgiving and was like "WTF!!!" It didn't go away until a week or two ago.

It looked like a cyst, not exactly sure if it was one though.

122 Combat : 99 Hits : 99 Attack : 99 Strength

97/99 Defence : 99 Fletching : 99 Woodcutting

how come only americans refer to it as 'acne'? and call em zits. To me they sound like really crappily thought up names.

We don't say "I have an acne", but we do say "I have a zit". Acne is what we call when someone gets zits on a regular basis.

Hope this helps with what you said. And btw, I don't like the word "acne" either. Reminds me of the RoadRunner and Wile E. Coyote.

122 Combat : 99 Hits : 99 Attack : 99 Strength

97/99 Defence : 99 Fletching : 99 Woodcutting

how come only americans refer to it as 'acne'? and call em zits. To me they sound like really crappily thought up names.

People in other countries like to over-simplify their terminology.

You call pimples "spots" and elevators "lifts", for example. :P

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Accutane is horrible for you. It can do bad things to your liver. Not that I know exactly what it does, but I know they monitor you closely. Even if they do, if something happens, they can't turn back time.

Have you researched the numbers of people who have something ACTUALLY bad happen to them? Staggeringly low.

Suicide - .0001% or something...Only like 2 or 3 cases can even be linked. I think it's complete BS personally, as does my doctor! ;) Genius of a man, he is.

Liver damage - .01% And even then, it isn't permanent...Your liver heals itself. They monitor your triglyceride levels every month to prevent this. If they get too high, they take you off before your liver is harmed at all.

Hair loss - .01% again! And it grows back!

Night blindness - .001%, temporary.

Etc etc. Almost everyone gets chapped lips (I'd wager everyone does) and most peolpe get dry skin...That's the bulk of the horribleness. I didn't even get dry skin when I was on it.

- Me!

I thought acne was a general term for pimples and zits etc..

P. acne is the bacteria which feeds off Sebum oil from your Sebacious glands in your skin. Everyone has this bacteria on their skin - Yes, everyone. Thus, the condition is called acne, scientifically. Everything else is slang.

And yes, "itchy eyes" (dry eyes) goes along with the dry lips and stuff...Not everyone gets it, but it is a semi-common symptom aswell.

- Me!