��â�š���¿How "Tight-Knit" Is the OT Community In Your Eyes And Wh

Errdoth

So is Bubsa, but we all love him. True though, Lead was a bit eccentric but every forum needs someone like that, a friendly figure with thousands of posts who spends hours on the forum posting everywhere and everyone knows him ::'

He seems to have gotten a lot less like that. Maybe it just seems like that because he isn't as active, but I dunno.

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few names which spring to mind and in no particular order are Dusqi, Blue_Tear, darkrick, Dusqi, Exarch, GreatSilverWyrm, Gugge, Meesy, Newptor, Punxstar, Pyrolord, RaenonD, The_Sith, TheFluke, Grin_King, misplacedme, ForsakenMage and probably a few more had a great community going. (I also left out a few of the newer members of that era)

You remembered me twice :D

(For a strong sense of community, Darkwebz is where it's at :D )

Agreed. ^_^

3898000bYVcx.png

can't be forgetting rsn_lead ;)

Half of his comments were sarcastic, humourous jokes which were quite spammy in their nature.

So is Bubsa, but we all love him. True though, Lead was a bit eccentric but every forum needs someone like that, a friendly figure with thousands of posts who spends hours on the forum posting everywhere and everyone knows him ::'

Sonsie was a lot like that too. He definitely goes down as one of my favorite posters during sb's time.

A few names which spring to mind and in no particular order are Dusqi, Blue_Tear, darkrick, Dusqi, Exarch, GreatSilverWyrm, Gugge, Meesy, Newptor, Punxstar, Pyrolord, RaenonD, The_Sith, TheFluke, Grin_King, misplacedme, ForsakenMage and probably a few more had a great community going. (I also left out a few of the newer members of that era)

You remembered me twice :D

(For a strong sense of community, Darkwebz is where it's at :D )

One of your mentions was for your seal avatar. That seal was a member by itself.

I think the community is alot more conservative now. A year ago, the word "god" was basically a curse word. If you used it, you would be flammed right off these forums. Now, the word "evolution" is what you get flammed for. We have running threads discussing religion with almost no flaming in them whatsoever. Not possible a year ago. Also people are sort of half sticking up for Bush, another curse word a year ago.

happiehour.jpeg

I think the community is alot more conservative now. A year ago, the word "god" was basically a curse word. If you used it, you would be flammed right off these forums. Now, the word "evolution" is what you get flammed for. We have running threads discussing religion with almost no flaming in them whatsoever. Not possible a year ago. Also people are sort of half sticking up for Bush, another curse word a year ago.

I feel like the tip.it off topic community has gotten CONSIDERABLY more conservative than a few years ago. It's surprised me. Tomato and Insane (and Barihawk) used to be the intelligent conservative folk, mostly.

Everybody hug and spread the love :D

siggypooro0.jpg

I feel like the tip.it off topic community has gotten CONSIDERABLY more conservative than a few years ago. It's surprised me. Tomato and Insane (and Barihawk) used to be the intelligent conservative folk, mostly.

Thats exactly what I felt like saying, I just tend to post moderately so people dont disagree and then get into a big flame fest. Ive been away from the forums for 6 or so months, and came back 1 month or so ago. Its really surprised me also.

happiehour.jpeg

The more conservative nature could be due to a higher proportion of Yanks now using the board. Back on scapeboard there was a strong Scandinavian, British and Oceania presence on the board.

There was still plenty of evolution vs creation topics and there was a couple of staunch user who defied all commonsense, logic and evidence and put their faith in a book written 2000 years ago. Their arguments also lacked any substance or strength (offence intended).

I ended up parodying their argument style by claiming the world is flat (No less ridiculous then anything they claimed) and using the same tactics they used to defend my point. Actually my arguments were stronger then the ones they used because I tried to combine my rubbish with real scientific fact.

If anything the average IQ rose by about 35-45 moving from General P2P to the Off-Topic. I swear, most of the guys there wouldn't understand half of the stuff you guys talk about. I mean, I feel much smarter at General P2P, and now I feel like the dumb one on the forum :lol: .

Loving all the stimulating conversations here. Everyone seems pretty friendly, minus the guys who live to start flame wars. Posts are a bit long for my tastes, but I'm not exactly one to complain :lol: .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

If anything the average IQ rose by about 35-45 moving from General P2P to the Off-Topic. I swear, most of the guys there wouldn't understand half of the stuff you guys talk about. I mean, I feel much smarter at General P2P, and now I feel like the dumb one on the forum :lol: .

Loving all the stimulating conversations here. Everyone seems pretty friendly, minus the guys who live to start flame wars. Posts are a bit long for my tastes, but I'm not exactly one to complain :lol: .

Yeah, I noticed that too. They would also be surprised at the amount of people who know how to spell.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

Only people smart enough to discover the OT forums are smart enough to talk here :wink:.

happiehour.jpeg

Only people smart enough to discover the OT forums are smart enough to talk here :wink:.

Lol, no kidding. I think it may have to do with the average age. When people get older (17 or so) they play RS less and less or they quit. After they quit they still want to keep their friends they made on RS so they post here, in Off Topic. I always thought the average RS player's age being like 13, and the average age here like 16 or 17.

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

Lol, no kidding. I think it may have to do with the average age. When people get older (17 or so) they play RS less and less or they quit. After they quit they still want to keep their friends they made on RS so they post here, in Off Topic. I always thought the average RS player's age being like 13, and the average age here like 16 or 17.

I think it's that most of the 13 year olds that stumble in here don't enjoy reading or debating too much so they just leave.

I think it's that most of the 13 year olds that stumble in here don't enjoy reading or debating too much so they just leave.

There are only a few people 14 or below that come around here and participate like the rest of us and you wouldn't know they were that young if you didn't pay attention. The first person that comes to mind when I say that is Issy. It has come to my attention though that the average again here is ~16 (taking information from the "Get To Know Me, Get To Know You" thread). Like Reb said, you do have to be smarter to post here and be taken seriously. There's no way half the people in General (P2P) could actively participate here and actually know what they're talking about and be taken seriously at the same time.

There are only a few people 14 or below that come around here and participate like the rest of us and you wouldn't know they were that young if you didn't pay attention. The first person that comes to mind when I say that is Issy. It has come to my attention though that the average again here is ~16 (taking information from the "Get To Know Me, Get To Know You" thread). Like Reb said, you do have to be smarter to post here and be taken seriously. There's no way half the people in General (P2P) could actively participate here and actually know what they're talking about and be taken seriously at the same time.

Yeah, when I was typing my post I had to think about which word I wanted to use. I had all, but then Issy came to mind, and I know there are a few others. But when you think about it, I'm sure their population on TIF off-topic is a very low percentage. The few that do act older are proof that you can't tell age of a user over the internet.

Yeah, when I was typing my post I had to think about which word I wanted to use. I had all, but then Issy came to mind, and I know there are a few others. But when you think about it, I'm sure their population on TIF off-topic is a very low percentage. The few that do act older are proof that you can't tell age of a user over the internet.

Whos issy :P?

Edit: NVM, ive found issy. Yeah he/shes' a good poster. How old is he/she?

happiehour.jpeg

Whos issy :P?

Edit: NVM, ive found issy. Yeah he/shes' a good poster. How old is he/she?

12 IIRC and it's a she ;)

The average age is 16? Or is that just the median?

Man, todays youth must just be really intelligient :lol: . I'm 17 by the way, always thought I was on the younger half of the forum.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I have only been an off topic'er for a while but I know that the people use to be very close.

I'm not sure if I have been "accepted" into this community...

~MAK

Its not a matter of being accpeted, its a matter of being not accpeted :wink:.

happiehour.jpeg