Put a level cap on F2p

Wozza

And BTW, there is disagreeing with someone's idea, and then there is being an [wagon].

This isnt the worst idea ever as thousands of games implement the cap.

I personally dont like the idea, and im sure it would generate more income for Jagex at first.... but look at it this way:

1. Most of game for free, brings people to the free servers... most of us probably wont ever pay, but for Jagex with their specific advertising engine, probably make more off the ads to offset the server loads.

2. With more people that stay playing the f2p runescape, instead of having people play until the end of the trial version, they stay and create a community.

to beat a dead horse, my cabbage cult for instance. Most people in my cult are fre to play people, and some would have lost interest in runescape if not for finding a bunch of people that shares their fun loving spirit.... and are now members.

Jagex is unique that it hasnt set up a quick money making scheme.... have the trial version for people until they reach a point and have to decide, they stick around and build the community, which attracts more people.

I was thinking, you know how we are always complaining about new players and how they are constantly bothering us? Wouldnt after awhile the new players disapear?

the system works because instead of forcing people to either pay or leave, people can stay and make the game bigger, which again attracts more people.

So they are building things slowly, and although your idea would work for most games.... this one is using a different strategy

Kah..... bah...... danm! Whats the third one again?

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thinking.

People complained that there shouldn't be a lvl 40 cap, well theres a lvl 99 cap but don't see people complaining about that now do you.

Could even cap it at like 60 or so, still would rather they ripped away f2p servers to p2p more though.

Least this would get rid of a fair few little dumb kiddies, though I don't go to f2p much to see them.

I don't much see the 'we CANT pay' argument, theres no length people wont go to if the desire to reach the end result is great enough, getting a job, begging, sneaking around lieing, who cares I'm sure you could do it if you're morality allows it. ;)

Anyway, don't think capping f2p works, they already get nothing and in a few months p2p spots are getting crowded so I can't even begin to think of the hell on earth f2p must be!

One thing which does bug me, why the hell do Jagex keep adding f2p servers? If I was them I'd drop 10 f2p servers and let them all hit 2000 players then add 1 or 2 more, make a load more p2p so we can train in peace, not like empty p2p servers are worse than quarter filled f2p if everyone was jammed into almost full f2p ones.

;)

Because Jagex know a certain percentage of f2pers will go P2P as soon as their skills get high enough.

Proud 'The' Guardian Knight

Cmb F126 - P137 | 99/99 HP | 99/99 Str | 99/99 Atk | 99/99 Def | 99 Range | 99/99 Magic | 99/99 Prayer | 95/99 Summoning

theLogo.png

http://www.theclanrs.com/

I cant understand why so many people play F2p. Its only about 3 pounds for a months worth of membership.

imo i think they should put a level cap on lvl 40 for all skills. This way, the freebies will have to pay, and more servers could be changed from F2p to P2p, which is needed.

prepare to get flamed

dam straight!

ITS u know that time!

= F L /-\ /\/\ E = F L /-\ /\/\ E = F L /-\ /\/\ E = F L /-\ /\/\ E = F L /-\ /\/\ E = F L /-\ /\/\ E = F L /-\ /\/\ E = F L /-\ /\/\ E = F L /-\ /\/\ E = F L /-\ /\/\ E = F L /-\ /\/\ E = F L /-\ /\/\ E = F L /-\ /\/\ E = F L /-\ /\/\ E = KEEP F2P

Loool the worst idea i ever heard.. U know sum1 are f2p cause lvl 120 in f2p gains tons more respect then 120 on p2p :roll:

Ive trained at ice caves on f2p, and on members, and its just as easy on f2p so not that much of a difference (except for pray levels )

Least this would get rid of a fair few little dumb kiddies, though I don't go to f2p much to see them.

I don't much see the 'we CANT pay' argument, theres no length people wont go to if the desire to reach the end result is great enough, getting a job, begging, sneaking around lieing, who cares I'm sure you could do it if you're morality allows it. ;)

Anyway, don't think capping f2p works, they already get nothing and in a few months p2p spots are getting crowded so I can't even begin to think of the hell on earth f2p must be!

One thing which does bug me, why the hell do Jagex keep adding f2p servers? If I was them I'd drop 10 f2p servers and let them all hit 2000 players then add 1 or 2 more, make a load more p2p so we can train in peace, not like empty p2p servers are worse than quarter filled f2p if everyone was jammed into almost full f2p ones.

;)

sure, we could do that, BUT how are you going to get the money to jagex?

put in an envelope and send it to jagex? try it in singapore and see if it works :x

;)

i think u r the dumb kiddy here. "theres no length people wont go to if the desire to reach the end result is great enough"hmm.. we people are not so inhuman.

Forever F2P

skill total: 1053

My Stats + Bank

<!-- m -->http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=516379<!-- m -->

i think u r the dumb kiddy here. "theres no length people wont go to if the desire to reach the end result is great enough"hmm.. we people are not so inhuman.

"i think u r the dumb kiddy"

Yeah I got to about there and figured it's bad enough your owning yourself just by replying, that it would be nasty of me to pick on you.

:roll:

;)

Because Jagex know a certain percentage of f2pers will go P2P as soon as their skills get high enough.

Ok, so how exactly does haveing less servers stop people going P2P?

If 50% of the f2p servers were FULL then theres still spots on the other servers and if anything moveing f2p servers to p2p encourages people to p2p for less crowded training spots.

==============

As for guy from singapore, they not have a postal service over there, or you just being a gimp.

I cant understand why so many people play F2p. Its only about 3 pounds for a months worth of membership.

imo i think they should put a level cap on lvl 40 for all skills. This way, the freebies will have to pay, and more servers could be changed from F2p to P2p, which is needed.

maybe it wuold be, but what would yuo say if something happen and yuo cant anymore play p2p?

All yuor stats wuold be like max 40 even combat.

And I myself play RS just 'cause it has free world too.

Alright f2p is a great idea to bring in people- but there are actually people that will be f2p all their lives. They seriously do nothing for jagex from a point of view. Drain bandwidth and space bout it. Why f2p expects updates is a whole other thing I don't get.

Anyways ads aren't great revenue boosters, so no that doesn't help nearly as much as 5 dollars a month per person.

untitled8copyiu7.gif

I think its not just silly idea, its dangeruos idea, because it can be destroy Runescape at all !!!

Alot of people will lose interest to play and "proud" members will walk at empty world with complete noobs ...

Empty worlds ... Its scary ...

I think its not just silly idea, its dangeruos idea, because it can be destroy Runescape at all !!!

Alot of people will lose interest to play and "proud" members will walk at empty world with complete noobs ...

Empty worlds ... Its scary ...

Empty worlds = no beggers and no idiots asking for free stuff.

I wouldn't say it's 'dangerous', cause in the end once people get, for example, level 85 mineing, then there is no more incentive to mine, yet people still do it, so if f2p was capped at xx level whats the difference?

f2p is pretty much a trial of the game, theres a huge influx of players comeing to the game over last few months, to be fair I see Jagex are going to have their hand forced within 6 months, to do something that is.

At rate RS population and 'users online' is growing, Jagex can't keep adding more and more servers, especially not for virtually no income (f2p) players.

i cba to argue with everyone so heres my point of view.

First of all you have all taken bad assumptions of how this will be implemented. You are all assuming you wont be able to play if u change from p2p to f2p with a higher stat that 40.

i would of thort u would be able to gain exp, but not level, so if u did come p2p u would gain levels.

secondly, most online games allow only a very short amount of free play and it much more expensive.

The f2ps give [bleep] all back to jagex, and what annoys me, as a member is that there are more f2p worlds! when members areas are getting very busy. If more people went p2p we would get faster updates and a better service.

At rate RS population and 'users online' is growing, Jagex can't keep adding more and more servers, especially not for virtually no income (f2p) players.

Did you read anything of what Blackbane said? If there were no F2p players, Jagex would go bankrupt, period.

Face it, if they imposed a cap, say at 40, then a ton of people would quit the game after they attained all they could. If the F2p servers were reduced as this one guy suggested, then there would be much less people paying = drastic repercussions.

If Jagex imposed an even bigger restriction on things F2p players can do for the game, then the price P2p players would have to pay would quadruple from $5. No matter what, Jagex will always make more money off advertisement than the 5 bucks you guys shill out. If the free players weren't there, there would be a minimal amount of advertisements, and bam...You would see NO new updates that Jagex comes out with faithfully every week. You would see that you have to pay much MORE money for a game with terrible graphics. You would see that with no F2p players to diligently come out with resources, the wood, and all that other other stuff, there is no incentive to play anymore.

Empty words = no fun. Good luck mining rune all by yourself, you'll be the only one to bask in that glory. :)

so if f2p was capped at xx level whats the difference?

Then P2p players would have to do all the work that they hate doing.

especially not for virtually no income (f2p) players.

Know the background of something before spouting off ideas from your [wagon]. F2p players have made more money for Jagex than P2p players ever will.

Most of the ideas in this thread, even Wozza's, are pure idiocy.

First of all you have all taken bad assumptions of how this will be implemented. You are all assuming you wont be able to play if u change from p2p to f2p with a higher stat that 40.

It kind of works like that already. After you reach a certain level in a skill you don't get any new skills or abilities after that. But you still can gain levels. If you get p2p, you can use those levels, you've gained in f2p.

The f2ps give * all back to jagex, and what annoys me, as a member is that there are more f2p worlds! when members areas are getting very busy. If more people went p2p we would get faster updates and a better service.
There are more f2ps than p2ps. -> More f2p worlds than p2p worlds. If there are not enough f2p worlds, people can't play because all worlds are full and there will be less members. Simple as that.

Did you read anything of what Blackbane said? If there were no F2p players, Jagex would go bankrupt, period.

Face it, if they imposed a cap, say at 40, then a ton of people would quit the game after they attained all they could. If the F2p servers were reduced as this one guy suggested, then there would be much less people paying = drastic repercussions.

If Jagex imposed an even bigger restriction on things F2p players can do for the game, then the price P2p players would have to pay would quadruple from $5. No matter what, Jagex will always make more money off advertisement than the 5 bucks you guys shill out. If the free players weren't there, there would be a minimal amount of advertisements, and bam...You would see NO new updates that Jagex comes out with faithfully every week. You would see that you have to pay much MORE money for a game with terrible graphics. You would see that with no F2p players to diligently come out with resources, the wood, and all that other other stuff, there is no incentive to play anymore.

Oh hang on, I must have missed what his holyness Blackbane said, god of all that is true! (Sorry Blackbane, not a stab at you ;) ).

Your wrong, Jagex wouldn't go bankrupt, since they'd cut all the fp2 servers and only hold members servers, runescape on the otherhand would slowly die out due to lack of enough players incomeing.

Then again, if you'd actually bothered to read my post instead of being in such a hurry to think your right, then maybe you'd have noticed that *drumroll* I never said get rid of f2p! (Nor do I believe the original poster even said get rid of f2p, so quite why the hell your argueing that point I don't know).

You also said "If the F2p servers were reduced as this one guy suggested, then there would be much less people paying = drastic repercussions. "

Sorry, but wtf are you on about? Some simple math for you:

1000 players

10 servers (A through J)

Each server holds 600 people

Server A - 550 Players

Servers B - J - 450 split at 50 each.

If you half the number of servers to 5 then you can split them to each server haveing 200 people on them. Care to explain how exactly filling up the servers rather than leaveing them half/quarter empty (as is now) stops people paying? When infact they aint paying sod all anyway since their freaking f2p servers!

Quick price check of how adverts work, they pay by impressions most likely, priceing guide taken from a site with 125k registerd users:

Impressions CPM Price 

10,000 US$ 0.20 $2.00 

50,000 US$ 0.20 $10.00 

100,000 US$ 0.20 $20.00 

200,000 US$ 0.20 $40.00 

1,000,000 US$ 0.20 $200.00 

2,500,000 US$ 0.20 $500.00 

5,000,000 US$ 0.20 $1,000.00 

CPM = per 1000 views, meaning if price guide was the same then Jagex makes $2 for every 10000 adverts you have pop up ontop of your screen, that would be 25000 adverts a month you have to see, takeing 1 minute rotation per banner then it's only 416.66 hours per month you need to be playing runescape (or ~17 out of 31 days none stop) to make up $5.

Empty words = no fun. Good luck mining rune all by yourself, you'll be the only one to bask in that glory. :)

Quick tip: Don't tell people what THEY would find fun ok. I'd much rather have p2p servers with 100-200 people average and 1 or 2 of them +1k people than all of them haveing ~700 people.

so if f2p was capped at xx level whats the difference?

Then P2p players would have to do all the work that they hate doing.

No clue what your one about, don't think you do either. The xx is there to mean any number, so if it means 98 then suddenly p2p have to magically 'do work they hate doing', yeah sure...

especially not for virtually no income (f2p) players.

Know the background of something before spouting off ideas from your wagon. F2p players have made more money for Jagex than P2p players ever will.

Course they have sweety, maybe bring some evidence with you next time you'd like to make comment? Or perhaps you could explain how f2p magically make more money for Jagex?

In future, if you feel like commenting on my posts, use your f**king brain and read them so I don't have to reply to a bunch o offtopic BS which I never said, along with you pulling trash out of no-where in an attempt to argue stupid points.

kthx2ubye.

;)

Ok, so how exactly does haveing less servers stop people going P2P?

If 50% of the f2p servers were FULL then theres still spots on the other servers and if anything moveing f2p servers to p2p encourages people to p2p for less crowded training spots.

==============

As for guy from singapore, they not have a postal service over there, or you just being a gimp.

Less f2pers to get resources for p2p. Who says Jagex won't stop at our current amount of servers and increase only p2p ones? I think they're pulling off a timed strategy. They may stop at any time they wish to move 20k people into p2p. They're just gonna satisfy them for now. Besides, there are a lot of p2pers who think f2p pking is better.

Cmb F126 - P137 | 99/99 HP | 99/99 Str | 99/99 Atk | 99/99 Def | 99 Range | 99/99 Magic | 99/99 Prayer | 95/99 Summoning

theLogo.png

But there WOULDNT be less people, just more full f2p servers...

So like 50% might be full rather than 3 servers full and the rest half full.

Well it's not really Jagex's goal to make it impossible to log onto f2p servers. It annoys p2pers who wanna mine rune in wildy, p2pers who wanna pk with their clan, and many other reasons.

theLogo.png

If your parents don't want you paying money for an online game, but they don't stop you from buying GTA:SA or a number of other games, at 50 bucks that you stop playing after a month or so, I think you need to take a long hard look in the mirror and ask yourself why you're even bothering trying to level your way up in RS?

Is it for respect? Great. The very least you could do is send a CS query to jagex thanking them for offering a wonderful game, and apologize for not having the ability/whatever to pay for p2p. I used to argue vehemently for more stuff for f2p, and if you know me well, you'd know why: I believe everyone should have a good opportunity to experience the world that is RuneScape.

But now, I'm getting a little bitter, but not for the reason that f2p asks for updates, and not because I don't see your reasons for not contributing to jagex (believe me, that freeplayers run the economy argument is rubbish, jagex could fix ore spawn times, item locations, herb drops in a matter of days), but it's because I get asked to leave training/treasure hunting spots on pay to play. That is NOT what I pay to do. I pay to be able to play where I want to. That may be acceptable behavior on f2p, but it is not acceptable to ask someone to leave something they paid to be a part of.

I'm seriously considering getting a bronze halberd to remedy this.

so there's this thread in p2p general called "the most annoying things ppl do on runescape" i am tempted to post "ya wen im cybering with a girl and they log off for no reason"

Your wrong, Jagex wouldn't go bankrupt, since they'd cut all the fp2 servers and only hold members servers, runescape on the otherhand would slowly die out due to lack of enough players incomeing.

Since Runescape is the game I connect Jagex with Runescape, I said that they would go Bankrupt. And you definetely agree with me, saying that this game will die out due to lack of enough players coming. Hm, you seem to have no argument so far. :)

Then again, if you'd actually bothered to read my post instead of being in such a hurry to think your right, then maybe you'd have noticed that *drumroll* I never said get rid of f2p!

Then again, if you'd actually bothered to comprehend my post instead of being in such a hurry to reciprocate me, then maybe you'd have noticed that I never insinuated that you were in favor of getting rid of f2p. Not even the author of this thread was, he was merely suggesting something silly.

CPM = per 1000 views, meaning if price guide was the same then Jagex makes $2 for every 10000 adverts you have pop up ontop of your screen, that would be 25000 adverts a month you have to see, takeing 1 minute rotation per banner then it's only 416.66 hours per month you need to be playing runescape (or ~17 out of 31 days none stop) to make up $5.

My only response to this: "There are currently 58318 people [half of which with no life] playing!" Less worlds = the servers fill up faster, people quit the game because they can never get in.

Quick tip: Don't tell people what THEY would find fun ok. I'd much rather have p2p servers with 100-200 people average and 1 or 2 of them +1k people than all of them haveing ~700 people.

Quick tip: Realize that the world doesn't revolve around you, and salvation shall be thine. Just because you'd rather have "100-200 people average" doesn't mean everyone else does.

No clue what your one about, don't think you do either. The xx is there to mean any number, so if it means 98 then suddenly p2p have to magically 'do work they hate doing', yeah sure...

I'm talking about the P2p players who realistically make their money by buying stuff from players in the free worlds. If the amount of free players was reduced, then it is the people who pay that suffer. Bottom line is this: If Jagex is crazy enough to limit the skill limit for the Free players, then they would be asking for professional suicide.

Course they have sweety, maybe bring some evidence with you next time you'd like to make comment? Or perhaps you could explain how f2p magically make more money for Jagex?

F2p do make more money for Jagex than p2p do. F2p become P2p. F2p play the game more than P2p. Advertisement.

In future, if you feel like commenting on my posts, use your f**king brain and read them so I don't have to reply to a bunch o offtopic BS which I never said, along with you pulling trash out of no-where in an attempt to argue stupid points.

I was commenting in general to this thread and many people who posted in it. Just because you feel the need to become hostile and *gasp* swear says something very clearly to the rest of us.

F2p do make more money for Jagex than p2p do. F2p become P2p. F2p play the game more than P2p. Advertisement.

yea. in simple words, without f2p, no one will join p2p.

Forever F2P

skill total: 1053

My Stats + Bank

<!-- m -->http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=516379<!-- m -->

Alright f2p is a great idea to bring in people- but there are actually people that will be f2p all their lives. They seriously do nothing for jagex from a point of view thats not true you know....... when f2p ppl bring in their friends to play rs, they are bringing in potential p2p players. Drain bandwidth and space bout it. Why f2p expects updates is a whole other thing I don't get.

Anyways ads aren't great revenue boosters, so no that doesn't help nearly as much as 5 dollars a month per person.

Anyway, like others have said, f2p :arrow: p2p.

f2p gives rise to p2p.

Without f2p, there would be no p2p. Reason being most ppl, when they play rs, they do not straight away become p2p. they become f2p first, therefore f2p :arrow: p2p

:D