The official World of Warcraft thread.

Nadril

I really like the Netherspite fight, since as a melee dpser, it's kinda easy. You just switch in and out of the green beam with another melee, and keep chipping away at it.

So long as we get our part right, its up to everyone else to kill him.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, shadow priests rape face. I don't even have the top rank of mind flay and I'm just destroying people. Going to undercity on PTR now to get it. :lol:

Man, shadow priests rape face. I don't even have the top rank of mind flay and I'm just destroying people. Going to undercity on PTR now to get it. :lol:

That's one thing I really like about being a destruction specced warlock. Going up against a warlock and a shadowpriest team and having them focus on me is basically an orgie in nether protection proc's.

Immune

Immune

DAMAGE!

Immune

*Devour Magic Self-Macro*

Immune

DAMAGE!

Immune - oh look, I think my Nether Protection just ate your deathcoil AND the psychic scream? Watcha gonna do next, BLEED ON ME?

DAMAGE!

Immune

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

Well I ordered a new hard drive (thanks Nadril) and it still hasn't come yet...it's like an elongated Tuesday if you know what I mean.

Basically, I'm at 47 trying to do bgs. Alliance gets owned 99% of the time because the leader sucks, there is no cooperation, or we have level 40s come and play.

I'm thinking of respecing from fire to frost at level 50. Sounds good? After that I don't know if I'll just go deep frost or what. pom pyro mages dont sound very fun in my opinion :?

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

Well I ordered a new hard drive (thanks Nadril) and it still hasn't come yet...it's like an elongated Tuesday if you know what I mean.

Basically, I'm at 47 trying to do bgs. Alliance gets owned 99% of the time because the leader sucks, there is no cooperation, or we have level 40s come and play.

I'm thinking of respecing from fire to frost at level 50. Sounds good? After that I don't know if I'll just go deep frost or what. pom pyro mages dont sound very fun in my opinion :?

Deep frost is nice. I doubted the level potential on my mage until I tried it (he is 47 as well actually).

Nice burst damage (bleh gear and my frost bolts crit for 700) when the target is frozen and much more survivability. At 50 you get water elemental as well.

Also my mage on the PTR went like 2/0/59. There are a lot of good frost talents to have.

Deep frost is nice. I doubted the level potential on my mage until I tried it (he is 47 as well actually).

Nice burst damage (bleh gear and my frost bolts crit for 700) when the target is frozen and much more survivability. At 50 you get water elemental as well.

Also my mage on the PTR went like 2/0/59. There are a lot of good frost talents to have.

Well this is waht my deep frost build will look like (I got the two idea from you :wink: ) at 70.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=RbZZVAGIkfxsiqt

This is what it will look like at 50...51 rather.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=RZZVVMIofxsioz

dmanxb7.jpg

Well this is waht my deep frost build will look like (I got the two idea from you :wink: ) at 70.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=RbZZVAGIkfxsiqt

This is what it will look like at 50...51 rather.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=RZZVVMIofxsioz

IMO http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=RZZVVGcorxsbot @ 50.

And things go from bad to worse...

GM doesnt log on

Someone else starts the raid

Several wipes later, MT leaves guild

Lots more ppl leave guild

GM logs on

/gdisband...

I really really really.. hate this.. Well, looks like i need to find a new guild.

Tk5SF.png

And things go from bad to worse...

GM doesnt log on

Someone else starts the raid

Several wipes later, MT leaves guild

Lots more ppl leave guild

GM logs on

/gdisband...

I really really really.. hate this.. Well, looks like i need to find a new guild.

Yikes. This is why most guilds are, well, crap. Don't worry, you're keyed and have half at least a brain, you will find a good one.

Went on my first raid to Kara the other night, was alot of fun. I feel totally useless in the raid group as a rogue though, with no buffs or anything. I've decided to start up on my priest again and see how that goes.

chippersig.jpg

Went on my first raid to Kara the other night, was alot of fun. I feel totally useless in the raid group as a rogue though, with no buffs or anything. I've decided to start up on my priest again and see how that goes.

Being a raiding rogue is tough, no matter which way you look at it. Sure, you don't have buffs to give, but that's really only a small part of it.

Unless you are a very very good rogue, and your DPS is very hot, you are essentially being carried through the instance. Later on in Karazhan as well, some of the bosses aren't exactly melee DPS-friendly.

Don't be discouraged though; we're still the most fun of all the classes, in my opinion, and when you do get on top of it, you will be one of the first invites to the raid group.

• [*:tw2wd7cl]Read strats, and know what your role in each fight is.

[*:tw2wd7cl]Bring your own potions and bandages, and make yourself less of a mana-drain.

[*:tw2wd7cl]Work on your gear and techniques in 5 man content, especially Heroic instances.

[*:tw2wd7cl]Gimp other stats for +hit rating and +attack power - those gem bonuses are rarely worth keeping, so replace stuff with +ap and +hit gems.

[*:tw2wd7cl]Use an addon like Omen or KTM and learn how to control your aggro.

As complex and difficult as it is, stick with it and you will enjoy it so much more than being a healbot or a meatshield, or whatever the other classes do (lol).

Being a raiding rogue is tough, no matter which way you look at it. Sure, you don't have buffs to give, but that's really only a small part of it.

Unless you are a very very good rogue, and your DPS is very hot, you are essentially being carried through the instance. Later on in Karazhan as well, some of the bosses aren't exactly melee DPS-friendly.

Don't be discouraged though; we're still the most fun of all the classes, in my opinion, and when you do get on top of it, you will be one of the first invites to the raid group.

• [*:25yaiqb1]Read strats, and know what your role in each fight is.

[*:25yaiqb1]Bring your own potions and bandages, and make yourself less of a mana-drain.

[*:25yaiqb1]Work on your gear and techniques in 5 man content, especially Heroic instances.

[*:25yaiqb1]Gimp other stats for +hit rating and +attack power - those gem bonuses are rarely worth keeping, so replace stuff with +ap and +hit gems.

[*:25yaiqb1]Use an addon like Omen or KTM and learn how to control your aggro.

As complex and difficult as it is, stick with it and you will enjoy it so much more than being a healbot or a meatshield, or whatever the other classes do (lol).

I've never really felt useless. I top #1 in practically every fight in kara, hell, I topped curator with a mutilate build. :lol: (and the bugger is poison immune).

We don't have buffs, yeah, but our damage more than makes up for it. I'm hoping my guild gets more of a melee style group (fury warrior/enh shaman/feral druid/rogue/rogue) combo instead of what we have. (warrior/druid/warrior/rogue/rogue) or something close to that.

----

So I've been testing various classes so far on the PTR. I've dueled with them and did some arena whenever my friend was on PTR. So far I've tested a Rogue, Mage, Warrior, Priest, Shaman, druid.

Yesterday for a good second half of the day (after I tested a boomkin spec on the druid) I tried shaman. Hated the elemental play style but, what the hell, I tried enhancement. After some gear changes I really realized that I didn't do that bad. I want to find some good opponents to duel, those who know there class, but I think a PvP oriented enhancement shaman is a pretty good deal.

Between resistance and resiliance my shaman is a bit more durable. I only had 100 some resiliance on PTR (wearing my T6 because S1 has no hit on it and poor melee stats un enchanted) but I had 10k hp running around with deep thunder.

Some fights did vastly require me having my trinket to win. Against a good rogue I can win if I have natures swiftness and my pvp trinket up, which is a lot to say because they can control us the most out of any class.

I did well against most other classes as well. Priests I would lay a tremor totem near me, and with luck get feared while being mind flayed. (slows me down, better chance for tremor to proc with me near it). Mages I could purge their shields and overall it wasn't bad.

To say the least I was pleasantly surprised with the shaman. Granted a lot of people are playing new classes (which is why I want to try this out in arena sometime, at least its a bit tougher) but I figured it wasn't bad.

Balance druid was an interesting class as well. Generally my focus in the arena (with a shadow priest partner) Would be to control the enemy's healer/dps while we work on bursting down the other guy in between. We had problems with healing groups but that was mostly due to our inexperience.

Balance druids can put out some sick DPS if left alone. 2k wrath crits with moonfire and Insect swarm DoT(s) on the target really can hurt.

Cyclone is, for a lack of a better word, amazing. 6 seconds of uninterrupted CC that can't be broken. It has harsh DM's but against a healer a good 9 seconds +shadow priest silence was enough to take out the enemy DPS.

Root is nice as well for melee DPS. Some classes are tougher to hold than others (rogues) while warriors were incredibly easy to hold.

Anyways the best thing I can say is don't underestimate balance as a PvP spec. I didn't like it near as much in the BG (I don't understand what compels people to attack the big bird first) but in arena its a solid build.

---

I'll add some thoughts on Rogue/warrior/priest/mage in a bit.

Rogues on PTR:

I'm still doing rough testing with a rogue on PTR, however I figured I'd share with how specs are doing.

19/42 combat maces: This, right now, is considered the best rogue PvP build. There is a few reasons for it.

- No DR on mace stun proc

- Sustained DPS

- Burst DPS with adren rush.

I tested out the spec my self and was fairly content with it. On the PTR I didn't do near as good as live because of no mods (so used to a stunwatch/energy ticker, was missing and screwing up combos all over the place) but this spec is great to lock someone down.

The stun procs are mostly random. With a fast OH and spamming SS with your MH however it has a good chance of happening at least a few times a fight, and can be the difference between a win and a loss.

30/0/31 Seal fate backstab: So... this. I tried this one to see if daggers worked well, and well, they don't.

I'll put it in ways people can understand. On a holy paladin I got a 700 backstab crit. 700 crit which sure could be lower on live since we don't have as much resiliance on PTR. The builds huge opener was just horrible, and the damage sucks. Because of resiliance mixed in with a dagger as well you don't have near as many backstab crits and CP gen is poor.

Don't play this build in top end PvP.

21/0/40 Hemo: Now for a deep sub spec. Generally I am not a fan of sub, as its been proven among many american/euro rogues in the arena but I decided to try it anyways.

The first good thing is control. Since hemo is 35 energy it really works well together with other skills of yours. I can't exactly burst someone down like another build but what I can do is control them, perfect for letting a 2v2 partner help out. The damage isn't bad (700 hemo crits on clothies with resiliance) and the CP generation is nice, not needing crits like popular seal fate builds.

I'm going to try out some variations of hemo later on.

41/20 Combat mutilate: Haven't tried this one yet, but I need to. Needless to say though I dislike the damage 'burst' with the build, a 1.1k double crit with find weakness and imp kidney shot is just stupid. However in the fights I tried it I just couldn't stand it versus all that resiliance.

Rogues on PTR aren't doing bad in my opinion. We need help in 5v5, thats obvious. However in 1v1/2v2 and to a smaller extent 3v3 we can still hold our own, as we usually are placing near the middle in 2v2/3v3 brackets.

(slow day at work today, got time to type this :P)

Picked up engineering a few days ago, got it to 350+ for the goggles (and the sweet jumper cables XL :D)

The downside: I am the ugliest undead rogue ever.

--------

Went to kara for the first time and was #1 on the meters (curator) until we hit shade...because my power went out right as the leader said "go." I came back on and there were 3 or so people left alive, needless to say that didn't end well.

Next attempt we got it, ended in a pretty funny way - a dps dropped so we needed another, however there wasn't really anyone online that we wanted to go, but it turns out a tank had specced arms for arena that night. We picked him up and started the fight - it came down to the warrior vs shade after everyone else wiped with shade at ~7k health. The warrior was nearly dead and then hit with a giant execute to kill him :lol:

Not a bad raid tonight at all. I got my two epics for the week (Farstrider Wildcloak and Girdle of Treachery) so I'm content. Spiteblade didn't drop, again, but whatever.

It was deffinitly a healers ID though that run. Our resto shaman (just respeced) got 9 epics out of the entire kara run. Nearly got one from every single boss, mostly got them because no one else needed it. :shock:

Our paladin got Gorehowl for when he wants to do ret as well.

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... Dingledorf

As you can see I'm still farming Mech. chests. Hopefully I'll have 5000g by Tuesday/Wednesday and I can start focusing more on other stuff. Guild really isn't using me on raids at the moment anyway.

I've been thinking about changing my professions to something else that makes more money or something useful, like enchanting/mining.

chippersig.jpg

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hellscream&n=Dingledorf

As you can see I'm still farming Mech. chests. Hopefully I'll have 5000g by Tuesday/Wednesday and I can start focusing more on other stuff. Guild really isn't using me on raids at the moment anyway.

I've been thinking about changing my professions to something else that makes more money or something useful, like enchanting/mining.

Don't take up enchanting, its a huge money sink.

I got my midnight leggings from heroic slave pens today. 8-)

Bah they need to remove being able to mount in the arena, gayest tactic ever.

So many paladin/warrior teams on tonight... got raped and still at a 1588 rating because of it. I know we can hit 1700 but we keep getting some blah teams.

I got my midnight leggings from heroic slave pens today. 8-)

How good are they? Love those leggings, most rogues I know look at them with awe. They never drop, they all say, but they dropped for me first try.

Bah they need to remove being able to mount in the arena, gayest tactic ever.

So many paladin/warrior teams on tonight... got raped and still at a 1588 rating because of it. I know we can hit 1700 but we keep getting some blah teams.

Rogues suck against plate wearers.

BTW Installing WoW now.

The 500gb drive we bought was SATA and our computer (being older than camelot) didn't have the plug in on the motherboard. IT's fine. SATA is slow anyway. We're going to return it. So I'm using a 500gb external drive that my sister was supposed to get :lol: . O well.

dmanxb7.jpg

My warlock's level 19 now (human) and the quests seem to be running dry :-s

Did almost all in Elwyn forest, picked up some in Stormwind and Westfall and and working in Redridge but they all seem too high for my level <.< . Is it a question of grinding a few levels or have I missed an area?

Any advice where to head next?

Gona try out Deadmines as well soon, hints and tips appreciated :D