Not tutorial island again! 25+ Supporters! Support Siggies!

subtle_rune

I don't it's good idea because it's only point is to product millions bots in short time.

NO SUPPORT! If this does happen then it will be to easy to make autoing accounts. I HIGHLY douhgt that this would even be plausible with Jagex.

*sigh*

You obviously haven't read the whole of the suggestion.

Also, one problem people have pointed out is macroing. So, to solve this, you will have a random event appear in the first 15 minutes or so (anout the time it takes to do Tutorial Island), in which you are automatically teleported (eg. Evil Bob, Grab the Evil Twin etc.), which will stop the bot but will hardly affect the normal player.

I don't need to say any more.

tankmz6.jpg

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the problem: foregn players who don't get RuneScape in the first place.

Umm....I'm not quite sure what you mean. If you are talking about new players skipping Tutorial Island and not knowing what to do, please read the first post. I've even put it in nice large red letters for you!

tankmz6.jpg

1. Easier for Autoers

2. Do you want more new players coming up to you and asking what to do all the time? like how to mine or to smithing something? :|

um...if ya read he said this ...

"When you signup, you click a link that says "Already have an account?", and then secure-login with your old account. Then, you can click either "I want to skip Tutorial Island" or "I don't want to skip Tutorial Island". This way, you can avoid having to go through it all (unless you want to, of course) and get straight to the game! To clear things up, this option is only available to people who log in as one of their older accounts. So this means that new players still have to go through tutorial island!"

No! Anything but this!!! Then it would be to easy for all those macros out there to get straight into the game!

*sigh*

You haven't read everything, have you?

I'll save you the effort and show you what I wrote.

Also, one problem people have pointed out is macroing. So, to solve this, you will have a random event appear in the first 15 minutes or so (about the time it takes to do Tutorial Island), in which you are automatically teleported (eg. Evil Bob, Grab the Evil Twin etc.), which will stop the bot but will hardly affect the normal player.

Wait....I've already quoted that! Please, read the whole post before posting. I am getting quite annoyed at the amount of people lacking the ability to do such a task.

tankmz6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Nah this will just make macroing easier, don't support.

I'm seriously getting worried at the amount of people who can't read. You haven't even looked at the [cabbage] post above you!

*sigh*

You haven't read everything, have you?

I'll save you the effort and show you what I wrote.

Also, one problem people have pointed out is macroing. So, to solve this, you will have a random event appear in the first 15 minutes or so (about the time it takes to do Tutorial Island), in which you are automatically teleported (eg. Evil Bob, Grab the Evil Twin etc.), which will stop the bot but will hardly affect the normal player.

Wait....I've already quoted that! Please, read the whole post before posting. I am getting quite annoyed at the amount of people lacking the ability to do such a task.

tankmz6.jpg

I would support except macroesr would take advantage of this if they have a main that doesnt auto.

EDIT: what if the account (like an autoer) got banned the account used to skip the island got banned or blackmark??? good idea???

I would agree... banning the account that was used to make the autoer along with the autoer would be most prudent, and would stop this idea from being used to make autoer accounts. :)

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

How many accounts do ya really need?

Do you really want to ask that? I think you'd have a few upset people on that issue. :-s

I personally have a few accounts, all self-made and non-'rule violating' (As in, I don't auto or anything like that and I never will!)... one for every potential side to my general personality... only a few people know how many and what their usernames are, but don't try pumping people for info. I'd likely end up notified, which would put you on my 'short list'. <.<

Also, some people need a few accounts to really enjoy the game right. Especially if they want a try on some quests more than once.

Any chance I've made a reasonable point? :-s

~Mr. Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I suuport...here are some sigs i have made. Feel free to add them to your mian post. If you do please dont forget give me the credit for them

tuorialislandsig.jpg

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=613779][img=http://upload7.postimage.org/537369/tuorialislandsig.jpg][/url]

tutorialislandsiganimation.gif

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=613779][img=http://upload7.postimage.org/537421/tutorialislandsiganimation.gif][/url]

aniamtion.gif

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=613779][img=http://upload7.postimage.org/537479/aniamtion.gif][/url]

.::>Atza<::.

nicetilereflectionkx3.jpg

.::My sig shopSatans Assasins::.

How many accounts do ya really need?

Do you really want to ask that? I think you'd have a few upset people on that issue. :-s

I personally have a few accounts, all self-made and non-'rule violating' (As in, I don't auto or anything like that and I never will!)... one for every potential side to my general personality... only a few people know how many and what their usernames are, but don't try pumping people for info. I'd likely end up notified, which would put you on my 'short list'. <.<

Also, some people need a few accounts to really enjoy the game right. Especially if they want a try on some quests more than once.

Any chance I've made a reasonable point? :-s

~Mr. Devnull

Nope.

Especially the part where you take cham's statement out of context and then add some random part where you assume anyone actually wants to talk to you.

Cham's argument is that tutorial island isn't that much of a hassle anyways, unless you're making some absurd number of accounts. I suppose if one desires to make around 30 accounts that they'll spend a large quantity of time on tutorial island, but that's the price you pay for wanting so many of them.

[pack of negativity that wasn't properly quoted]

Off-Topic, and trying to not completely blow my top:

Oh geez, not you again! Do you have to come around every good suggestion that involves F2P and cause problems?

(I personally know that you shouldn't be doing so!)

On-Topic:

As a quick tip, taking so much time to create all the accounts I will ever want (which was less than 10... by how many, I won't say) was probably one of the most annoying things I ever had to deal with! I (and many others) don't want legitimate players to ever have to deal with it again!

~Mr. Devnull

Okay, a few points.

Chams10, please do not come back to this thread until you have read the whole of the first post. I have already quoted myself about 4 flippin' times due to ignorant people like you who read the title and then come up with some random flame. The next person to say something along those lines will be reported. Instantly.

Doorknob60, I like it, however it might be hard to trace the two different accounts. If the autoer was registered at a friend's house, their main account will be banned and the person who created the autoer will survive unscathed. Hmm, unscathed.....I like that word :D

Lil_Atza, thanks for the sigs. Could you possibly do me a favour, PM me your post, but with the code tags at the beginning and at the end please? That means that I can copy and paste the post, remove those tags and it will be done.

D_V_Devnull, I guess that's a support.

Thanks everyone for the support. On the topic of number of accounts, one example I can think of is TET events, when we make "Zombie xxx" and things like that for the holiday events. Trust me, tutorial island is boring, I've done it 6 times -.-

tankmz6.jpg

Despite Devnull's ability to make posts that don't actually contain responses to arguments...

1) The number of people that make so many accounts that Tutorial Island becomes a hassle are a small minority among the Runescape population- even for them, I would say that's the price you pay for taking up so much memory on the character servers

2) Disagreeing with a suggestion is not in fact causing trouble

3) Tutorial island takes a whole 5-10 minutes, and if you can't spare that kind of time then don't bother making the character

4) Again, what's the stop the player controlling the autoer to just manually go through the random event and continue on with their merry macro business?

3) Tutorial island takes a whole 5-10 minutes, and if you can't spare that kind of time then don't bother making the character

I'm gonna have to disagree with that, big time.

When I made my alternates, they took at least an hour each (or more) to deal with. Why? Because unlike those who break rule 7, I don't use something to do my work for me! I do each part carefully, like any good player will.

Further, I have tried to race through tutorial island. It is set up so well that no one could ever do it in 10 minutes!

Like I said, legitimate players shouldn't have to deal with this kind of problem.

~Mr. Devnull

I'm gonna have to disagree with that, big time.

When I made my alternates, they took at least an hour each (or more) to deal with. Why? Because unlike those who break rule 7, I don't use something to do my work for me! I do each part carefully, like any good player will.

Further, I have tried to race through tutorial island. It is set up so well that no one could ever do it in 10 minutes!

Like I said, legitimate players shouldn't have to deal with this kind of problem.

~Mr. Devnull

Great job for responding to everything I wrote.

But in response to yours

1) Taking an hour to do tutorial island is ludicrous

2) I created a character and timed myself. 10 minutes.

3) Once again- if someone for some reason wants to make a bunch of frivolous accounts that's the price they pay for taking up server space.

I have an idea to add to this which will counter the maro problem.

The account you log in so you don't have to do the tutorial should have a skill total requirement. That way, the macroers have their account tied to another account which takes time to train. If they get banned for macroing, both accounts get banned.

Despite Devnull's ability to make posts that don't actually contain responses to arguments...

1) The number of people that make so many accounts that Tutorial Island becomes a hassle are a small minority among the Runescape population- even for them, I would say that's the price you pay for taking up so much memory on the character servers

2) Disagreeing with a suggestion is not in fact causing trouble

4) Again, what's the stop the player controlling the autoer to just manually go through the random event and continue on with their merry macro business?

What's to stop the player controlling the autoer to just manually go though tutorial islad and continue on with their merry macro business?

Rethinking, doorknob60, I now understand how both accounts would be banned, as the main would be the one that is used to log in with. However, somebody could make a new account, not log into it, and then use that account to get another account to skip tutorial island, and that account would get banned; but not actually gaining anything.

Iamdan, I actually think that's a really good idea. Or maybe, like the new poll system, you have to have played on it for a certain amount of time?

Chris1216, it's not the length of the tutorial I'm thinking about, rather the monotony. I mean, I practically know what to do off by heart, and it's just wasting my time when I want to get going on the account.

tankmz6.jpg