Wait what? Knowing English isnt required to be a US citizen?

Faux

the problem is not that people arent learning english before arriving in the us, its that there is a massive number of mexican immagrants coming to the united states, to the point where they no longer assimilate into the public. they are effectivly creating a 2 class system in the united states that no one wants. in the past, people immagrated that knew different languadges, but they didnt come in the massive numbers they do now, somthing on the order of 20 million people. it also doesent help that the mexican goverment is not supporting the fight against illegal immagrants. this is because the BIGGEST source of income to mexico is illegal immagrants sending money home to mexico. the easiest way to solve the problem (and the one that would fund a wall) would be to levee large fines on enployers of illegals (say 50 grand a pop). that would stop enployment, stop the money flow, stop immagration AND fund a nice big wall along the border, some machine guns there too, and all the money we would ever need to deport millions of them.

well, if we build a big enough wall with mexico, or attack them itll fix the problem

...The future generation is disappointing.

better then my first post? or are you a hippie? :lol:

Both are just as bad, you seem to think human life is expendable. Which is quite dissappointing. Republican?

i am a republican yes, and i dont think human life, or any life is expendable, but with the current situation im starting to wonder.......

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the problem is not that people arent learning english before arriving in the us, its that there is a massive number of mexican immagrants coming to the united states, to the point where they no longer assimilate into the public. they are effectivly creating a 2 class system in the united states that no one wants. in the past, people immagrated that knew different languadges, but they didnt come in the massive numbers they do now, somthing on the order of 20 million people. it also doesent help that the mexican goverment is not supporting the fight against illegal immagrants. this is because the BIGGEST source of income to mexico is illegal immagrants sending money home to mexico. the easiest way to solve the problem (and the one that would fund a wall) would be to levee large fines on enployers of illegals (say 50 grand a pop). that would stop enployment, stop the money flow, stop immagration AND fund a nice big wall along the border, some machine guns there too, and all the money we would ever need to deport millions of them.

well, if we build a big enough wall with mexico, or attack them itll fix the problem

...The future generation is disappointing.

better then my first post? or are you a hippie? :lol:

Both are just as bad, you seem to think human life is expendable. Which is quite dissappointing. Republican?

i am a republican yes, and i dont think human life, or any life is expendable, but with the current situation im starting to wonder.......

Yea, ok. Even though you advised America to set up a huge wall between US/Mexico with machine guns, and maybe that you advised America to "attack" them to fix the problem. As Mill said "I'm not saying all conservatives are stupid, but the majority of stupid people are conservative" works with republicans too.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

A pity about migration is the psychological effect it has on the immigrants. This goes for all nationalities: immigrants often cling to their original culture and language as a way of defining themselves. This is true for many of the Turkish immigrants in my country: they are fiercer in maintaining their traditions than many of the Turks who live in Turkey themselves. As another poster said, it's very obvious with Brits and Americans as well, who build little societies abroad where they insist on remaining Brits/Americans.

I think it's important that immigrants learn the language of the country where they go to live. How else will they ever integrate themselves, find jobs,... Also, there are many problems with second-generation immigrants: they grow up learning about the local language and culture, but can only communicate with their parents in their original language. This really alienates these kids from both their old as their new culture.

If the US doesn't do anything soon, it's gonna get overrun by the Mexican culture.

Just like what seems to have happened, and will only get worse in England with the Muslims wanting Sharia law enforced

Just corrected you there :D

supernovasigst7.jpg

although this seems like a new problem, its not really. in previous years, during the potato famine in ireland, massive amounts of people were coming to the united states and people complained and complained about it, worse then they do now. but it still happened, and the United states is probably stronger from it. the problem is not many immagrants, its that those immagrants arent trying to become citizens, regestering here or paying taxes, the one thing that should be guarnteed to be.

well, if we build a big enough wall with mexico, or attack them itll fix the problem, as really the only reason we have this problem is because of them. where i live it isnt too bad, but my grandparents live outside of chacago, and its horrible there. however, most people still speak english in the united states and i would support any law that says that. illegal aliens cant vote, so i dont see why the senate is holding back on approving this bill

Were you trying to sound like a racist in that first line? Anyway, I live in Tucson, AZ, the closest major city to Mexico, and most immigrants, illegal or no, actually do know a fair amount of english. It's kinda weird if people so far from the border are having a problem that people by the border aren't -.-

I was in Sears buying a pair of jeans, and they put an announcement over the PA system. In Spainish first. I don't even live in an area that populated by Hispanics! I mean, there are many, but I never see them in our Sears store. Everything in Sears is said and printed in Spainish and English. Come on, we need to learn Italian if we want to move to Italy. They should learn English!!! :wall: (By the way, my jeans had double the tags, they were printed a second time in Spainish.)

souryw6.png

Come on, we need to learn Italian if we want to move to Italy. They should learn English!!! :wall: (By the way, my jeans had double the tags, they were printed a second time in Spainish.)

By that thinking Americans should be speaking Navajo (or any other Native American language)....

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Required to know english? I immigrated from Germany, and I didn't know one bit of english until I learned it though ESL programs. Are they going to make it so you know a certain amount of english, or do you have to be fluent in english? In my opinion, this is doomed to fail.

When sperm whales mate, 3/4 of the sperm goes into the sea, not his mate.

Thats why sea water tastes funny