Ranged bonus useless!

ikraz66

I'm starting to think that ranged bonus isnt as helpful as other stat boosts, like strength or mage. I recently went to the combat training camp in full rune, with a NORMAL short bow, and bronze arrows, just for fun. To my surprise, i hit the ogres there almost every time!! There were other people there, in full black dragonhide, with rangers sets, and they didnt hit any more than i did! By the way, my range level was 60 when i tried this. Perhaps, the ogres low defense was the reason for this happening, but it still seems wrong. My range bonus was extremely low. With a magic bonus that low, i wouldnt stand a chance of hitting. This is the reason that curse training works! With range, i guess that doesnt apply.

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

if anyone remembers when each iron knife gave +6 bonus meaning u couls eaily have 60k+ range bonus wearing full torag even with 40-60 range u would constantly hit 6+ and did range bonus doesnt mean u hit harder just more :thumbsup:

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

For everyone making claims that range bonuses increase your maximum hit... it DOES NOT.

Range bonus has ONE effect, and ONE effect ONLY. It increase the chance of you hitting your opponent.

Damage is factored only on projectile type and current range level (after including prayer and potions).

To the original poster: A magic shortbow gives roughly 60-70 points of ranging attack. A set of full rune penalizes your range by less than 30 points. Adding your amulet and perhaps other items you may be wearing, you're bonus is still roughly 40-50 points. On monsters like ogres who have no defence against range, you should still be hitting almost every time.

Range bonus is only critical when fighting monsters with semi-high or high defence.

For everyone making claims that range bonuses increase your maximum hit... it DOES NOT.

Range bonus has ONE effect, and ONE effect ONLY. It increase the chance of you hitting your opponent.

Damage is factored only on projectile type and current range level (after including prayer and potions).

To the original poster: A magic shortbow gives roughly 60-70 points of ranging attack. A set of full rune penalizes your range by less than 30 points. Adding your amulet and perhaps other items you may be wearing, you're bonus is still roughly 40-50 points. On monsters like ogres who have no defence against range, you should still be hitting almost every time.

Range bonus is only critical when fighting monsters with semi-high or high defence.

Finally, someone smart.

That's why you train against low defense monsters, wearing MELEE armor. People are just too dull to know how the armor system works.

You only need over +100 range attack when you're facing things like KQ

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

The only thing that only seems to matter for the max hit that includes the range bonus is the crystal bow. At fully charged you hit much more then when its 1/10 charged(only talking about the bows bonus itself not any extra bonuses). So the charge effects the bonus.

ok i have no idea what i just said.

blackmdefcape,ancnt%20hylian.gif

The only thing that only seems to matter for the max hit that includes the range bonus is the crystal bow. At fully charged you hit much more then when its 1/10 charged(only talking about the bows bonus itself not any extra bonuses). So the charge effects the bonus.

ok i have no idea what i just said.

I think the max damage that can be inflicted with the crystal bow is carried with the bow's decay number out of 10, instead of with the crystal bows range bonus.

What I'm basically saying is that even if the lower stages of the bow gave the same range bonus as a fully charged bow, it would still hit lower.

Yeah, mage bonus is the same. You might can mage the barrow brothers wearing full rune, but just try that on iron dragons. :shame:

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

Yep it's all said before, but I post anyway O:)

With a range bonus you just hit more often, not harder. If you max is 11 you hit 11 even with full Dharok on (armour with most negative range bonus..I think) but only once in a while.

Then if you wear , let's say red dragon hide, you still hit 11 only more often. So there. :D

296kver.png

Credits to Skully Sc for the signature.24picns.png

I know ranged bonus has no effect on max hit (although, high level arrows DO have a hidden accuracy bonus over low level arrows). However, if i can hit so often on ogres, then getting your ranged bonus up may not be very important. True though, it probably helps a lot on medium to high defense monsters like dragons or hellhounds (i think).

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!