Bash

(Aggresive)

Crush

Rebound

(Defensive)

-Smite

You'll see your shield smite your enemy with a powerful hit

-Bash

You'll see your shield bash your enemy to a dust with this powerful move known to fail 1/2 of the time though.

- Rebound

You have your shield protecting you from your enemy hits 1/2 this works, with the damage rebounding to your enemy (so if the enemy hits 12 on you, it will rebound at about 4-6 damage)

Its just not a common weapon and won't work in RS I agree it would be great ([bleep]e on the front, sharp inner edge. Then you can slash with your shield and jab, however it isn't RS style.

shields aren't convential weapons, yet RS is pretty conventional.

Its not even used in RL that way, shields are a defensive tactic, u don't see people smacking each other the head with shields do ya?

actually you do :roll:

although they usualy use sharp shields, like kite shields in runescpae, and stab eachother with the corners :shock:

a sharp metal bronze shield is far more deadly than a blunt wooden battlestaff :P

however, jagex will most likely not implement this, sorry bro, they just hate us

Pdj.png

[02] -RuneScript- *** [ END ]: You gained 444,384 prayer exp in 5secs. That's 319,956,480 exp/h.

Lloydy wrote:

Its not even used in RL that way, shields are a defensive tactic, u don't see people smacking each other the head with shields do ya?

YES U DO :roll:

when there's no weapons left and a shield in their hand what do they use? and ofcourse they'll kill them with it like a hit to the head with the end of the shield..

lol, look at achillies in TROY then shut your mouth. :)

sig.gif

Crazy Old Man.

R.I.P The Old Nite. My Mentor and Brother.

He taught me how to play the game.

Guest Faramir

Shields were mighty weapons back in the roman and medieval times!

Usually they even had a hard solid metal boss, which gave the soldier an opportunity to hit and stun the enemy.

EDIT: Another thing I hate on RS is that shields give only armour, not a possibility to block fully the strike :roll:

OWNED :D

Yeah shields should be put in the game. Everytime I begin fighting, I picture myself using my shield one day to attack them, both as an offensive and defensive tactic. But I just can't picture how JAGeX will make the action cool, therefore, dont expect to see this. :cry: I also think we should have new shields!

if you saw bill gates fly with wings, would that be 100% correct if u saw it on tv?

no.

Offcourse you use the shields, often as a second stab to tacle your enemy to the ground and stab him thereafter, the vikings did that, probably everyone did that with a shield if there was an opurtuity (sp!!)

m0ther.

Adelais.jpeg

na.. even if they can be used to attack, they will be weak because if they are strong, then people will just go into wild with a shield.. weapons will not be used anymore and pretty soon ppl in rs will be walking around with shield..

Forever F2P

skill total: 1053

My Stats + Bank

<!-- m -->http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=516379<!-- m -->

but you can hit with sheilds, to get them off balance. this is what i think

All sheilds can have the option to be used offensively. The option for it could be the the two cross sword things. If you use this option, you suffer a -10 weapon strength to stab, slash, and crush, but you get a 20% chance of stunning the opponent for 1 round of his combat. It will be a short stun for dagger users, but long for battle ax, and r2h users.

So its balanced. Do you take the lower power, and 20% stun, or do you take normal power, and no stun?

Guest halifix

it's sorta hard to block and attack with a shield at the same time, unless you don't have a weapon.

How about a special move for the tower shield: rush? Basically, they rush through opponent (s) with little chance of being hit. It's sorta like when you rush thru the wildy away from pkers :P

Maybe they can allow a team combo for rush, like a line of people with tower shields. So that they push the enemy away.

EDIT: Another thing I hate on RS is that shields give only armour, not a possibility to block fully the strike :roll:

Shields do fully block strikes whenever they work. All armor on runescape fully blocks the strike, or does nothing at all. No damage is ever absorbed. If I were in charge of runescape I'd probably have defensive and protective aspect of armor. But that's just me.

Adding a special stun thing just so people can attack with shields would be pointless. That would be just too much effort to implement when so many better weapons are around. But, I suppose that a rune kite shield could add +5 to crush and +5 to strength if you're not holding a weapon, maybe the attacking with shields could be animated too.

Hey, they animated attacking with a pickaxe handle, so maybe they're willing to put effort into attacking with shields too. You might get lucky.

kindness.png

Guest halifix

lol... they did? so we can go and kill a couple of autoers with pickaxe sticks?

Maybe shields could go more damage if you're in defensive mode. This way, you basically push out the shield into the attacker after he attacks.

Using a shield to actually strike should take some energy. After all, these shields are heavier than weapons.

• 1 year later...

Oh wow. Shields as weapons.

What's next? Using those pointy things on your helmet and head-butted people? Tackle people with [bleep]ed armour? Make some rude remarks and render your opponent a crying heap on the ground?

There is a thin line between "realistic" and "overkill".

Besides, although a shield can be a potentially lethal weapon, it is a mainly defensive thing. Even when used offensively, they are too cumbersome and bulky to be that good.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

would be cool if the dragon sqr had the ability to hit the opponent and stun them

[omg] who cares if its nerfed or fixed....

you people will argue over the color of a green apple if it was a topic on this fourm god.

Oh great. And you can use the Dragon med to head-butt people, I suppose; or use those [bleep]y things on the Dragon chain to tackle people, etc. etc.

Geez peoples.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~