See, this is why 61% of the British Muslims want Sharia law

Faux

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ragen, those are perfect examples of religion being abused.

Imagine, along with John Lennon, a world with no religion. Imagine no suicide bombers, no 9/11, no 7/7, no Crusades, no witch-hunts, no Gunpowder Plot, no Indian partition, no Israeli/Palestinian wars, no Serb/Croat/Muslim massacres, no persecution of Jews as 'Christ-killers,' no Northern Ireland 'troubles,' no 'honour killings,' no shiny-suited bouffant-haired televangelists fleecing gullible people of their money ('God wants you to give till it hurts.')

All those things are done in the name of religion or God, all are done because of unquestioning faith. They're not done by people who say "let's use religion as an excuse to kill some people", they're all done because people actually believe in their cause, otherwise why else would someone blow themself up, if they don't believe in an afterlife?

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Imagine, along with John Lennon, a world with no religion. Imagine no suicide bombers, no 9/11, no 7/7, no Crusades, no witch-hunts, no Gunpowder Plot, no Indian partition, no Israeli/Palestinian wars, no Serb/Croat/Muslim massacres, no persecution of Jews as 'Christ-killers,' no Northern Ireland 'troubles,' no 'honour killings,' no shiny-suited bouffant-haired televangelists fleecing gullible people of their money ('God wants you to give till it hurts.')

All those things are done in the name of religion or God, all are done because of unquestioning faith. They're not done by people who say "let's use religion as an excuse to kill some people", they're all done because people actually believe in their cause, otherwise why else would someone blow themself up, if they don't believe in an afterlife?

Oh for the love of.. People will still kill each other even if there is no religion. We'd kill each other if our skins don't match, or we don't live the same lifestyle. You name it. It's not just religion they kill themselves for. People would kill themselves to give a better life for their families. Don't be so naive to think that people kill themselves only for an afterlife.

Proud founder of the Myriad

Oh for the love of.. People will still kill each other even if there is no religion. We'd kill each other if our skins don't match, or we don't live the same lifestyle. You name it. It's not just religion they kill themselves for. People would kill themselves to give a better life for their families. Don't be so naive to think that people kill themselves only for an afterlife.

I'm not denying there'd still be war or violence in an atheistic world, it just might be done in the name of a lot less irrational causes.

We're a little bit busy right now to be taking care of Africa even more than we already are. ;)

From what I understand, it's a bunch of rebel dudes who think they're an army runnin' around killing and raping people...Sounds just like Iraq, where we're doing a whole lot of nothing, so going into Africa right now PROBABLY wouldn't pass congress. ;)

That's absolute nonsense.

michaelsigwm5.gif

^The most disturbing signature on Tip.it^

Last.fm|HELLY KAYLA!|Oh the mehagurtz!|#Siencemakers

"they care less about their spelling mistakes then I." - Lionheart

"apinagez... let me

I think we can agree that religion is not the root cause of all the problems.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Religion is like a gun. Sexy to hold and play with. But. Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

Thats not what he was saying in the slightest. All those evil actions are in the name of religion, we all know the argument "Some people do this and some people do that" but at the end of the line people are being murdered because of this. Faith is just a word used to make a irrational, illogical and all together stupid beliefs sound justified. How do you expect people who have faith to not kill people in the name of it is the question. The only way the majority of people beleive in any religion is either through indoctrination or culture.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

We're a little bit busy right now to be taking care of Africa even more than we already are. ;)

From what I understand, it's a bunch of rebel dudes who think they're an army runnin' around killing and raping people...Sounds just like Iraq, where we're doing a whole lot of nothing, so going into Africa right now PROBABLY wouldn't pass congress. ;)

That's absolute nonsense.

It's Rebels trying to take over the government, and on their way they raid and kill villages for supplies and for recruits, trying to keep the people alive to help them and join their side. But they also kill a lot of them too. Once they take over the government the country's pretty much screwed and will need outside help.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

Muslim countries are SO lucky their country is chalk-full of oil. If it wasn't, we'd have probably already wiped them, and likely Islam with it, right off the face of the globe.

Absolutely disgusting excuses for human beings. I would rather live and associate with pigs.

Dude, don't stereotype about muslims. I'm not muslim, but I have loads of muslim friends and they are some of the nicest people I have ever met. I agree with you saying the terrorists are pigs, but the whole population? What right do you have to say that? Just because one American could be bad, you don't see anybody saying " 0h y3@h @m3r!ca bl0w$".

Edit: Keep it clean.

~Assassin

Muslim countries are SO lucky their country is chalk-full of oil. If it wasn't, we'd have probably already wiped them, and likely Islam with it, right off the face of the globe.

Absolutely disgusting excuses for human beings. I would rather live and associate with pigs.

Dude, don't stereotype about muslims. I'm not muslim, but I have loads of muslim friends and they are some of the nicest people I have ever met. I agree with you saying the terrorists are pigs, but the whole population? What right do you have to say that? Just because one American could be bad, you don't see anybody saying " 0h y3@h @m3r!ca bl0w$". Your a fag.

Well done, you had a good point and destroyed your credibility at the end. That could be considered even more stupid than what Tigra said. Thats saying something.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

People will still kill each other even if there is no religion. We'd kill each other if our skins don't match, or we don't live the same lifestyle. You name it. It's not just religion they kill themselves for. People would kill themselves to give a better life for their families. Don't be so naive to think that people kill themselves only for an afterlife.
well said, i couldnt agree more. Finally someone speaking sense on this thread and not just hating islam/religion in general.
iteme3721.jpg

Funny you'd say we'd kill eachother if our skins don't match colors, Grim....Know why? The KKK's current stance on why they "don't like black people" is that they have NO problem with black people...What they don't like is blacks and whites mixing colors. Know why? Because the Bible says that God made his creation and "it was good". They feel that mixing races will eventually make one race and then it will no longer "be good". :roll:

Satenza, Sharef, you're both idiots, but Sharef even more-so for saying it. Satenza just for agreeing.

Where did I say I hated all Muslims? Where did I stereotype them at all? Where did I say they were all bad? I said MUSLIM COUNTRIES. You know, the ones who let the Qur'an actually dictate what is a "law". The countries who allow people to be killed over petty things because "God" says it's alright to do. They're horrible excuses for humans, and if they follow that, they don't deserve life. Apparently, there are Muslims who are somehow still Muslim and don't think it's okay to kill someone for "honor", so they can stay. They're rational humans.

And no, I'm not a "[bleep]". Nice try, though. And by the way, yes, I *DO* see people saying "America blows!!1!" just because a few are bad. Everyone does it. It's why everyone hates us. Durrr.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Funny you'd say we'd kill eachother if our skins don't match colors, Grim....Know why? The KKK's current stance on why they "don't like black people" is that they have NO problem with black people...What they don't like is blacks and whites mixing colors. Know why? Because the Bible says that God made his creation and "it was good". They feel that mixing races will eventually make one race and then it will no longer "be good". :roll:
For pity's sake just get a grip. Have you not read what I and someone else has been saying. Religion is used as an excuse to justify that kind of thing and theyd just find another excuse to hate blacks if there was no religion.
iteme3721.jpg

I think we can agree that religion is not the root cause of all the problems.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Religion is like a gun. Sexy to hold and play with. But. Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

People sometimes kill people because they are following what they believe is the word of God.

People are either Christian, Jew or Satanist, there is no middle ground

Oh ye who believe! Murder those of the disbelievers and let them find harshness in you.

those who accept the so-called divinity of Jesus or any other man are idolaters according to the Torah, punishable by death

In this aspect the word of God (aka religion) is the source of a problem

Religions often promote a set of moral codes which actively encourage violence and intolerence to the so called "unfaithful" it doesn't matter that most say "treat people equally" because almost all also say that only those who worship that individual deity/deities can attain eternal life/ a place in heaven/ paradise. Almost without exception religions do one thing very well which is to separate and divide people into 2 distinct groups and the "faithful" generally believe in their superiority. This is undeniably a source of problems.

For pity's sake just get a grip. Have you not read what I and someone else has been saying. Religion is used as an excuse to justify that kind of thing and theyd just find another excuse to hate blacks if there was no religion.

I'm well-aware. I was just saying.

You should probably get a grip. I never lose mine.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

I don't agree with the law but I'm not going to call the people disgusting pigs which you did. Those people have been brought up within a country where this is accepted as the normal way to deal with things. Indoctrinated all their life in the ways in which they punish and the laws they must follow. You need to aquire some respect for humans brought up in those places and not just insult them. That achives absolutley nothing and helps absolutley no one.

Signature3.gif

Have you not read what I said? Religion is not used an excuse to justify racism or suicide bombings etc. religion is the cause of these things in these cases.

I'm tired of people saying that religion is an excuse for suicide bombings, when it's actually the cause. Suicide bombers and other fundamentalists really do believe that they are doing what is right, they are doing it in the name of faith and God because they really do believe in it.

They do not look for "excuses" to be racist or violent.

I don't agree with the law but I'm not going to call the people disgusting pigs which you did. Those people have been brought up within a country where this is accepted as the normal way to deal with things. Indoctrinated all their life in the ways in which they punish and the laws they must follow. You need to aquire some respect for humans brought up in those places and not just insult them. That achives absolutley nothing and helps absolutley no one.

Ha...*I* should learn to respect humans, but it's cool for them to kill people over a belief?

Tell me, O' worthy, great human being, who are they to decide who lives and who dies? They're all fools.

- Me!

Ha...*I* should learn to respect humans, but it's cool for them to kill people over a belief?

Tell me, O' worthy, great human being, who are they to decide who lives and who dies? They're all fools.

Where did I ever say "It's cool for them to kill human beings" or is the only way you can possibly challenge me to put words into my mouth? Im asking you to respect their situation without making stupid remarks such as "Absolutely disgusting excuses for human beings. I would rather live and associate with pigs." when talking about Muslim countries, I just realised you never specified the Government either. One could easily take that to mean the entire country. Even if you did just mean the Government my point still stands.

Signature3.gif

Where did I ever say "It's cool for them to kill human beings" or is the only way you can possibly challenge me to put words into my mouth? Im asking you to respect their situation without making stupid remarks such as "Absolutely disgusting excuses for human beings. I would rather live and associate with pigs." when talking about Muslim countries, I just realised you never specified the Government either. One could easily take that to mean the entire country. Even if you did just mean the Government my point still stands.

...You don't have a point.

You're saying I should respect those people's beliefs, while at the same time you're saying "I'm not saying respect that they think it's okay to kill people..."

...Need I say more? Their beliefs are [cabbage]ty and it makes them [cabbage]ty humans. Sorry, but you don't kill people just because they don't agree with you, that's something we call "Barbaric" and "Uncivilized", and that's what those countries are.

- Me!

I never said you should respect their beliefs i said you should respect their situation.

Signature3.gif