UEFA Champions League/Cup - Euro 2008 - Leagues & Cups

Risen_The

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets face it, Henry turns 30 in August and while he's still a great player, his best years are behind him and he has only a few years left at the top especially considering he spend most of last season injured. Taking all this into account ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã16 million is a decent deal and who knows what Wenger can do with that money. Arsenal fans should remember the great player he's been for them instead of being upset that he's gone.

This also probably means that Samuel Eto'o is leaving Barcelona now. There is no way they can play Ronaldinho, Messi, Eto'o and Henry in one team and considering all the speculation about Eto'o already, I reckon he's bound to leave. I wonder where he'll end up.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Hope it's not Liverpool, I'd much rather have Saviola, or Gudjohnsen.

Really Gudjohnsen/Saviola instead of Eto'o? I know he's a bit of a troublemaker but hell if you can put up with Bellamy you can cope with anyone. Eto'o is a great player, I think he'd thrive alongside somebody like Crouch.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

I'd love to see Eto at Liverpool, however rumors around prices say ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã24mil + Cisse for him, I reckon it's tad too much.

A friend to all is a friend to none.

Didn't anybody watch the UC 21- finale? Netherlands vs. Servia.

Netherlands won, twive in a row now! Good game. And great we won of course! :D

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Didn't anybody watch the UC 21- finale? Netherlands vs. Servia.

Netherlands won, twive in a row now! Good game. And great we won of course! :D

Now you need to convert the under-21 success into a world cup win for the senior international side. It's one of football's little wonders that the Netherlands haven't won a world cup, maybe you would have if your squad didn't keep fighting with each other.

Anyway, winning this is always a good indication for the upcoming world cup in South Africa. That might be Netherlands best chance since '74.

wild_bunch.gif

I think Atletico wanted to buy Forlan before they think about selling Torres & their bid for Forlan was turned down. So it seems like when a deal for a striker is done, they'll probably allow Torres to go.. :-k

scarsrl0.jpg

Thanks to WithTheQuickness for the sig!

'Arsenal sign Croatian striker Eduardo da Silva from Dinamo Zagreb for an undisclosed fee'

...and the flak the guy's getting already from some Gunners on 606 is sickening. They're all whining about not getting any big names, saying Wenger is getting desperate... well who the hell heard of Vieira, Henry, Petit, Anelka, Pires, Fabregas, etc, before they came to Arsenal?

cescsig.jpg

34 goals in 32 games, even in the Croation league, speaks for itself.

What do we reckon of Torres demanding ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã100000 per week?

I think they should look elsewhere and find someone that isn't just a money grabber.

I'm hating Roy Keane less and less now he is in management, Nugent decides he wants such a long time to make a descision, Keane just looks elsewhere, we need more managers that won't just lie down to players.

...and finally, Frank Lampard, what a greedy... :wall:

iteme3721.jpg

What do we reckon of Torres demanding ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã100000 per week?

I think they should look elsewhere and find someone that isn't just a money grabber.

Haven't heard that, myself. I've heard the region of ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã75,000 - which would make him around 4th highest paid at Liverpool, and actually taking a pay cut on his basic wage (minus bonuses) at Atletico.

Yeah, I've got a lot of respect for Roy Keane. He's done an excellent job with Sunderland and it's nice to see a manager with strong character and class.

Oh, and so is Luis Garcia going to Athletico as a makeweight for the Torres transfer?

cescsig.jpg

Oh, and so is Luis Garcia going to Athletico as a makeweight for the Torres transfer?

The two transfers are independent, as in, if one fails, the other can go ahead.

The fact that Liverpool are willing to sell the Scourge of Chelski, though, is an indication of how close they are to signing Torres.

The two transfers are independent, as in, if one fails, the other can go ahead.

The fact that Liverpool are willing to sell the Scourge of Chelski, though, is an indication of how close they are to signing Torres.

Meh, I'd wish to see Garcia and Torres at Anfield :-P

cescsig.jpg

I know, I'd like to keep him too. Mind you, can't play both Kewell and Garcia in the same team (although, one's always injured). Rafa's abandoned the 4-4-1-1 (or atleast should do after the CL Final) so having Garcia in the hole isn't viable, plus Kuyt, Gerrard or Kewell again can do it. He's 29 on 60k too.

It makes me think Rafa's gonna try and sign Benayoun if Garcia is going. They say the transfers are separate, but in reality it's like 4.5mill off Torres' price tag, making it nearer 20mill. Benayoun will probably cost <3mill so he'll be working into a profit, in that sense. I love little Luis, though. So many times, when it mattered, he came to the fore.

Or Nakamura instead of Benayoun, similar level of skill but Nakamura would pay for himself in Far East shirt sales.

And Harry Kewell, well, don't mention Harry Kewell.

iteme3721.jpg

Or Nakamura instead of Benayoun, similar level of skill but Nakamura would pay for himself in Far East shirt sales.

And Harry Kewell, well, don't mention Harry Kewell.

Celtic won't let Naka go, they'll fight to keep him if it's possible. I reckon all this release clause stuff is just his agent trying to get him a better deal at Celtic.

wild_bunch.gif

Naka, as skillfull as he is, is too slow and too weak for the EPL.

Too weak? In what way? The Scottish game is about as physical as you can get, unfortunetly.

People said the same about Larsson, that he wouldn't have been able to handle the EPL. He went on to prove that wrong when he was nearing the end of his career.

sig2ho7.jpg

Naka, as skillfull as he is, is too slow and too weak for the EPL.

Too weak? In what way? The Scottish game is about as physical as you can get, unfortunetly.

People said the same about Larsson, that he wouldn't have been able to handle the EPL. He went on to prove that wrong when he was nearing the end of his career.

The doubters over Larsson were fools, that has to be said. But thereason why Naka flourishes in Scotland and Europe is, while teams are physically strong, they don't press anywhere near as much as the EPL - harrying, closing down. The pace is rapid, so the force of contact becomes greater. Standing toe to toe, Naka must be strong, as you pointed out playing in Scotland. But holding off at pace, dribbling etc. is a different matter.

Given the time and space, Naka would do great anywhere. His speed of thought is excellent, however, I highly doubt whether he'd be allowed that space in England.