Slaytanicc's Aviansie Guide for High Level Rangers.

gorgoroth

Welcome to my Aviansie Guide for High Level Tanks!

**Guide is still under construction. Might take me a few more weeks to finish it off, let me know what you think of the concept so far.

Before we get started i would like to point out that this guide is only affective if you are a player with 90 + Defense and Ranging levels. I would also like to point out that having a decent cashpile would make things better as some of the methods i use will cost a substantial amount.

So, why my guide? If you ask yourself this question then i would like to answer it with the following. While browsing some of the guides on the Site i noticed that there isn't a guide that shines some light on higher leveled Rangers. The aim of this guide is to try and convince you that my way (and the way of many wise Rangers) is not only the best way, but should be the only way of Ranging Aviansies once you have the required levels. I also think that apart from Chinning this should be the only way to considder training Ranged. This guide shifts focus to Knives, Darts, Obby Rings and Void. So lets get started.

Before we get any further i would like to highlight the requirements for using these methods to full eficiency.

Requirements:

90+ Ranging would be the minimum.

90+ Defense would be the starting point of a decent high level tank.

26+ Prayer for the use of Eagle Eye prayer (Provides a 10% increase on Ranging).

If youre going to use the Prayer part of this guide i would suggest 70+ to make it worth while.

You also need to complete Death Plateau and do Troll Stronghold (only upto the part where you need to fight the troll named Dad) to enter the God War Dungeon.

Eadgars Ruse quest is also highly recommended for getting to Aviansies faster.

If it is your first time going to GWD you need to take 1 rope with you. Without it you CANNOT enter.

**Please not that these levels are just the suggested levels. You could start using the guide at an earlier stage but you won't gain full advantage of the methods.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Getting There

For those of you who don't know how to get there i will explain. There are 2 Different methods of getting there. The long way and the short way. Both of them have certain requirements. First off i will explain how to get there using the Long Way and then the Short way.

[hide=Long Way]For the long way you need to have completed Death Plateau Quest and you need to have done Troll Stronghold upto the point were you need to fight a troll named Dad. Also keep in mind that using the Long way requires you to wear Climbing Boots obtained during Death Plateau Quest. Here is a picture of how to get there:

path2.png

Use a Games Necklace and teleport to Burthorpe Games Room. Once you get there follow the black path to bank. Once you have banked and your ready to go, follow the green path. You will need to climb over some obstacles and finally after passing some Trolls you will get to the second last part of the path. Keep following this path until you see "Thrower Trolls" (marked as yellow dots on the minimap). Switch your Protect from Ranged prayer on and run past thm until you reach a Boulder (marked as a purple dot on the minimap. Push the Boulder aside (60 Str needed) or climb through the Crevice (60 Agility needed) and now run through the final part of the path. You will run past some Ice Wolves (marked with blue dots on the minimap). Once you get passed them you will reach a big hole (marked with a pink dot on the minimap). Use your rope on this and you will enter the God War Dungeon![/hide]

[hide=Short Way]For the Short Way you need to have completed the quest Eadgars Ruse. This will enable to to use the Trollheim Teleport spell. This spell teleports you to ontop of the Trollheim Mountain. Here is a picture of how to get there using the Short path:

path1.png

Once you reach the top of the Mountain you have 2 options. The red path is shortest, but it has an Agility requirement. If you do not have the required Agility level, follow the blue path and if you do infact have the required Agility level follow the red path. If you are following the blue path, do so until it joins up with the red path (you will run past Thrower Trolls [marked with yellow dots on the minimap] so switch on your Protect from Ranged prayer till you are out of their range]. Keep following this path until you see "Thrower Trolls" (marked as yellow dots on the minimap). If you followed the red path you will also encounter the Thrower Trolls. Switch your Protect from Ranged prayer on and run past thm until you reach a Boulder (marked as a purple dot on the minimap. Push the Boulder aside (60 Str needed) or climb through the Crevice (60 Agility needed) and now run through the final part of the path. You will run past some Ice Wolves (marked with blue dots on the minimap). Once you get passed them you will reach a big hole (marked with a pink dot on the minimap). Use your rope on this and you will enter the God War Dungeon!

**Please note that if its your first time going to GWD you NEED to have 1 rope with you. You CANNOT enter GWD without 1.[/hide]

I will focus on 3 main armour setups. These 3 are what i believe to be the best. They focus on high Ranged Attack bonus giving you the best result in the end. I will not put as much attention on the Defenseive aspect, hence the high Defense level required. I considder all but one of the methods i am about to discuss as "Tanking". The armour's Defensive bonuses may not be ideal for tanking in normal situations but since Aviansies aren't what i would classify as strong, they armour should be perfect to take them on.

Armour Setups:

Dragonhide Setup.

dhide-1.png

helmspot.pngGod Coif/Robin Hood

torsospot.pngDragonhide Body (Black or Blessed)

legsspot.pngDragonhide Chaps (Black or Blessed)

bootsspot.pngRanger Boots/Snakeskin Boots

ammyspot.pngAmulet of Rangin/Amulet of Fury

glovesspot.pngBarrows Gloves/Vambracers (Black or Blessed)

shieldspot.pngUnholy Book/DFS/BSS

ringspot.pngArcher Ring ((i) if possible)

capespot.pngAccumulator

*This is the cheapest buyable setup of those i will focus on. When using this setup i would strongly suggest that you use either the BSS or DFS for the Ranged Defense bonus it offers since this setup does not offer alot of Defense.

Armadyl Setup.

armadyl-1.png

helmspot.pngArmadyl Helm

torsospot.pngArmadyl Chestplate

legsspot.pngArmadyl Plateskirt

bootsspot.pngRanger Boots

ammyspot.pngAmulet of Ranging

glovesspot.pngBarrows Gloves

shieldspot.pngUnholy Book

capespot.pngAccumulator

*This is the most expencive buyable setup of those i will focus on. This setup will give you the best possible Ranged Attack bonus if you use all the items mentioned above (ofcourse items like Archer Ring and Ranger Boots can be replaces with cheaper items). When using Armadyl for ranging you already have such a good Ranged Defense bonus you won't need to compensate by using a high defensive shield, so i would strongly suggest that you use an Unholy Book and take full advantage of the Ranged Attack bonus it offers.

Void Setup.

voidmethod1-1.png

helmspot.pngVoid Ranger Helm

torsospot.pngVoid Knight Top

legsspot.pngVoid Knight Bottoms

glovesspot.pngVoid Gloves

capespot.pngAccumulator

ammyspot.pngAmulet of Ranging/Amulet of Fury

bootsspot.pngRanger Boots/Snakeskin Boots

shieldspot.pngUnholy Book/DFS/BSS

*Despite the low Attack and defense bonus this is the best setup by far. This setup allows you to have a bonus on your max hit which increases it. It seems to be fairly accurate and along with either a DFS or BSS you will have enough Defensive bonus to keep you at high HP.

Prayer Setup.

prayersetup-1.png

I know alot of you might be frowning at me right now, but this is going to change your outlook on Prayer Methods. This is, in my opinion the best way to go about killing Aviansies. Although this is going to require a bit more attention, you will be rewarded with a great ammount of exp aswell as a great ammount of profit in a very short period of time. Here is the suggested items:

helmspot.pngArmadyl Helm/Robin Hood

bootsspot.pngRanger Boots/Snakeskinn Boots

capespot.pngAccumulator

torsospot.pngMonk Top

legsspot.pngMonk Bottom

ammyspot.pngAmulet of Fury

glovesspot.pngBarrows Gloves

shieldspot.pngUnholy Book

*Okay so the items mentioned above make what i believe to be the best Ranged Praying outfit possible. It offers a good Prayer bonus along with a good Ranged Attack bonus. This setup will allow you to get the best possible use out of your Prayer Potions. Alright, so you still might not understand how this could possibly be as good as i make it out to be? Well, ill explain:

To use this part of they guide you MUST use Emerald(e) bolts. These bolts are what makes this a success. I will explain why. As i am sure sll of you knows, these bolts have a special affect that poisons the target. So not only will you be hitting high, you will also be poisoning. So, get yourself yo a busy location were alot of Aviansies are in range and lets get started.

First thing you need to do is flick on your Ranged Protection prayer then start attacking all the Aviansies around you. If done right you should now have 5 or 6 Aviansies Attacking you. Start by hitting each of them once. If you are lucky all of them will be poisoned (most of the times only 3 or 4 get poisoned). Now start attacking those that arent Poisoned until you poison them. By doing this you put your focus on the Aviansies that arent dying by themselves. While killing the Non-Poisoned Aviansies the Poisoned ones are dying by themselves causing you to get a Killcount without actually doing anything.

This method is fast and it needs attention to work. I have found that with this method i could easily get 300 or more kills an hour (while using 10% Prayer and Ranged Potions). That gives you atleast 60k Exp an hour along with 1m in drops (If you subtract the money for Potions and Bolts it comes down yo about 750k - 800k profit).

**Please note that this method works bets on busy worlds were Aviansies respawn fast. If there are other players in your world focus on getting the Aviansies on half health and then move onto the next. This way you are sure of your drop.

Weapons:

This is were my guide takes a twist from most others. I believe that for faster kills you need to use a weapon that hits fast. Even if it doesn's hit as high, the speed will still make up for it. I'm going to focus on 4 main types of throwing weapons with a small section on Rune Crossbows.

blackknife.pngmithknife.png[hide=Throwing Knives]There are 3 different knoves that i would suggest using. They are Black Knives, Black Knives(p) and Mithril Knives. These are the cheapest of the "good" knives. Since anything lower that Black Knives would be a waste at Aviansies, i'm not even going to bring them into the picture. To get on with it, Black and Mithril knives offer the same max hit, the only difference is that Mithril knives offer a higher Attack Bonus therefor they should hit higher more often. If youre a bit short on money, Black Knives worth just fine. Black (p) Knives will poison the Target offering a slightly faster kill.[/hide]

Runedart.pngdragondart.png

[hide=Rune/Dragon Darts]These are a bit pricey, but they sure do work well. ot only do they hit high but thanks to a good good accuracy they hit often. If you're willing to spend some money these will get you a substantial ammount of exp (more than what you would get at yaks, and this will profit aswell). Although this eats away some of your profit, its still very fast, very affective and highly recommended.[/hide]

obbyring.png

[hide=Obby Rings]These are lethal. They hit very high (same as rune arrows) and are as fast as Knives/Darts. Yes, they cost alot but they get the job done faster than any other weapons. Not only do they hit high, but they seem to hit high often making them the best weapon for ranging Aviansies if you're not afriad to lose some of your profit. Please note though that these seem very hard to obtain. You might want to start collecting them in advance. They are by far the best to use though.[/hide]

runexbow.pngemerald.pngbroad.png

[hide=Rune Crossbow+Bolts]In the past i might have said that these are the worste kind of weapon to use for Aviansies, but my mind has been changed. I would however like to point out that a Rune Crossbow is only worth using along with Broad Bolts or Emerald(e) Bolts (as explained in the Prayer Method).[/hide]

Healing/Eating:

I will focus on 4 ways of healing. Each one has its benefits. Some of them are more affective and reliable than others, but all of them have aspects that make them usable. Here are those methods of healing:

b2p.png

[hide=Bones to Peaches]This is pretty much the basic way of healing for anyone who wishes to camp at Aviansies. This is a smart way of camping for those who wish to stay for days on end. I'm pretty sure you all know how B2P work but for those who don't: Bones to Peaches will transform all the regular bones in your inventory to Peaches. Each Peach heals 8hp. This makes for cheap usefull food Perfect for camping.[/hide]

bunyip.png

[hide=Bunyip]Although a Unicorn might be a bit overkill you could use it if you wanted to, although a bunyip is good enough. A bunyip works perfect with any of the Armour Setups discussed in this guide. This method allows you to focus more on killing than on anything else. Since the Bunyip will heal you ever few seconds without you having to do anything, it makes it the perfect familiar (even with a Unicorn the healing takes very little time. Although it heals more than a Bunyip, it doesn't make a Bunyip any less usefull). I find that most of the times a Bunyip overheals. It would be a smart idea to take 8 high healing food with you (such as sharks or pizza's) for emergencies. Sometimes you will get hit for a few times in a row taking off more HP than you would have wanted. For these situations use your emergency food.

**When using this method remember to bring extra pouches(and scrolls if you're using a Unicorn) as well as Summoning Potions or Super Restore Potions.[/hide]

sgs.png

[hide=Saradomin Godsword]This is the most risky way of healing, but can also be one of the most effective ways. This method allows you to use Prayer while ranging as the spec of the SGS will restore it. To heal using this method you need to use the Special attack of the SGS on a Hobgoblin, Ork, Jorge, etc. You should get a fairly decent hit which should restore alot of your HP and Prayer points. The SGS has 2 specs, so most of the times you will overheal. I would also suggest taking some high healing food (such as sharks or pizza's) with you as emergency food for the rare occasions on which you Spec 0 with both your specs.[/hide]

Inventory "Must-Haves":

These following items are the items that you simply should not go without. They will make killing Aviansies alot better and can often save you time, money and even your life.

shark.png

[hide=Emergency Food]Emergency Food is used with the SGS method and the Bunyip + E E method. Emergency Food is to be used when you get to a low HP and your spec bar is depleted making you unable to heal fast. Emergency Food is supposed to be something that heals high such as Sharks or Pineapple Pizza.[/hide]

teleport.png

[hide=1 Click Teleport]This is also in case of emergencies. It is always safe to have some fast way of escaping just in case you Lag or Get brought down to a low HP with no way of eating (a Ring of Life is also handy for this).[/hide]

nat.pngstaffoffire.png

[hide=Alch Runes]Since Aviansies tend to drop a lot of Alchable items it is unwise not to bring the needed runes for atleast 100 Alchs. It is best to use a Staff of Fire instead of Fire Runes as you might run out of Fire Runes (Aviansies seem to drop Nature Runes often so you need not worry about many of them).[/hide]

summpot.png

[hide=Summoning Potion]If you are using the Bunyip/Unicorn healing method you must remember to bring the right amount of Summoning Potions or else you will NOT be able to resummon you Fimiliar.[/hide]

ee.png

[hide=Enhanced Excalibur ]This is a MUST HAVE when it comes to the B2P and the Bunyip methods. Without it you might have some trouble. Its not needed as much with the B2P method as you can easily just eat Peaches to regain health but when using a Bunyip this will surely make thing 100 times easier. The E E can be acquired after completing the Seers Diaries (after completing all of them).[/hide]

Locations

There are several possible spots to choose from when killing Aviansies. Each spot has a certain purpose. I will share three of my favorite spots with you.

[hide=Were to kill]armadyl_killcount-1.gif

The Red X is where to kill if you are not wearing any God Items. There are a few low level monsters roaming around but they can be easily avoided. This spot has 4 Aviansies around you and it should be sufficient for decent exp.

The Yellow X is where to stand if you have an Item of every God. There is also a Gorak that will attack the Aviansies to make kills a bit easier for you. There are more than 4 Aviansies in that area.

The Black X is where to kill if you only have a Zamorak and Armadyl Item. There is no way any other follower can reach you inside. In here there are a lot of Aviansies.[/hide]

Exp and Money Rates.

For a long time now people have always said that Aviansies are about 30k Exp an hour along with 400k Money an hour, but they are wrong. Using each one of the weapons i have named above i have received much better results. Some of the weapons i have named will give a better result from others but when using this guide (armour setups and methods) you could expect atleast 50k Exp an hour along with 700k Money an hour. I myself have at times received over 60k Exp an hour along with just under 900k Money an hour. Keep in mind that it takes full concentration to be able to do this as you need to kil atleast 180 Aviansies per hour.

Hawk Eye Prayer + Ranged Potion

This plays a big part in the success of these methods. If you want to make Aviansies a fast Profitable way of training you're going to have to be willing to offer up some of your profit. With all of the mothods i have mentioned above you can gain upwards of 70k Exp an hour if you ware willing to make less profit ie. spending some money on Prayer Potions. Whils using the Eagle Eye prayer your prayer will be more accurate aswell as hit higher. Along with a Ranging Potion you will be able to hit very high and very accurate taking down atleast 4 or 5 aviansies per minute.

God Items

These God Items will help you out quite a bit. It is not a necessity that you have them, but you will have a hard time without them. When using the spot marked with the YELLOW X i would highly suggest that you have at the very least a Saradomin item as the Mages will hit you very hard. The spot marked with the BLACK X should not be used without an Armadyl and Zamorak Item. As for the other spot, having a God Item is suggested, but you don't need one. Most of the time i dont use a God Item when using the spot marked with a RED X as most of the monsters there are low levelled and deal hardly any damage.

When doing the Tanking Method it is highly suggested that you have an Armadyl item on you. Without one you will get attacked by every Aviansie within range and that can sometimes lead to you having to eat to much and thus wasting food.

God items are not a "must have" though. When i kill Aviansies i never have any God Items. After 15 minutes or so the Aviansies will go unagressive and you can go back to killing them 1 by 1. However you will not be able to stay too far as this will cause them to go agressive again. If you have a good setup and atleast 90 Def i would suggest doing this as a Fury/Range Amulet is for better than a Armadyl Pendant. And often other items will help alot more than God Items.

**When you are not using any God Items i would recommend the spot marked with a RED X. It has a safespot where you can hide for a while until the Aviansies and other NPCs. Here is a picture of where that spot is and how to get there:

hidespot.png

When you enter the GWD you will be at the blurry red spot. Follow the red path and hide at the spot marked with a red square. Here you can hide until the Aviansies are unagressive. Like i said above, if you wander too far the Aviansies might go agressive again. If this happens all you need to do is run back to this spot and stay there till they are once again unagressive. This is the perfect spot for when you intend on using Void for both Ranging and Maging.

Choosing your Location.

Choosing your lacation plays a big part in your success. Alot of the methods i mention don't work as well at one spot as they might at another.

For any of the tanking methods you can use any of the locations i have mentioned as they will all provide you with enough to kill.

If you are using the prayer method and you wish to make as much out of it as you can it is often better to go to the busiest spot you can, somewhere with alot of Aviansies. If you're not bothered about being called a noob now and then i would suggest going to the spot marked with a YELLOW X as this spot has alot of Aviansies without any barriers in the way. This means that at most times you can have upto 6 Aviansies Attacking you which gives you an amazing result.

**I updated this guide alot today. It is still very incomplete but i will have pictures and more info up soon

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

Nice work in progress can't wait for it to be finished.

Phew. I thought it would be called a stupid idea. Good to know i'll have some support on this :)

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

Green Dragons Guide

Phew. I thought it would be called a stupid idea. Good to know i'll have some support on this :)

The only avi guides i think are stupid is the constant low level guides that are being made i relay like the idea of more high level stuff.

The only avi guides i think are stupid is the constant low level guides that are being made i relay like the idea of more high level stuff.

Yeah i'm hoping it wont turn out a total fail.

And as a sidenote may i ask of anyone who can provide me with any information (setup, healing, inventory, exp rates, weapons, etc.) to post it here. i will apreciate it alot :)

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

[hide=]

MAX aviansies trip

aviansies1.jpg

No pots, no b2p

13 sharks & SGS

[/hide]

So is SGS or EE better ignoring the price? Becuase ^ is a pic of someone getting maxed kc with SGS + 13 sharks >.>. And are mithril knifes not worth using becuase of the price of black knifes? And how do darts compare to knifes?

[hide=]
MAX aviansies trip

aviansies1.jpg

No pots, no b2p

13 sharks & SGS

[/hide]

So is SGS or EE better ignoring the price? Becuase ^ is a pic of someone getting maxed kc with SGS + 13 sharks >.>. And are mithril knifes not worth using becuase of the price of black knifes? And how do darts compare to knifes?

Well i think there is only a slight difference between Black and Mith Knives. I actually debated it with myself for ages and finally came to the decicion that Black Knives are better considdering the Price. And when it comes to SGS and EE i thing SGS is better if youre planning on Praying, but overall i would go with EE.

Knives and darts are very alike. i find that darts are great vallue for money though. no one seems to use them for some reason.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

Karil's is worse than black d'hide here. It has less range defense, and it degrades, and it's more expensive. Use black d'hide.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Karil's is worse than black d'hide here. It has less range defense, and it degrades, and it's more expensive. Use black d'hide.

Karil's has more Attack Bonus, i find Attack bonus more inportant than Defense. Thats why the Defense level requirement for this guide is so high.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

Karil's has more Attack Bonus, i find Attack bonus more inportant than Defense. Thats why the Defense level requirement for this guide is so high.

They have the same Ranged attack bonus.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

They have the same Ranged attack bonus.

Okay thanx ill have that changed. And ummm Zammy Dhide > Black Dhide right?

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

Okay thanx ill have that changed. And ummm Zammy Dhide > Black Dhide right?

The only thing that makes it better is that you protected from followers same exact stats.

Yeah and the spots i'll be using dont have any Sara Followers so that makes Zammy Hide perfect :)

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

Nice guide. Its different form the other guides, and I'm looking forward to it.

Cuttingly getting 99 range, 86 atm, and no intention of getting 90 defense, unless I decide to become maxed out. 75 def atm.

I'll get the E.E soon I guess, but you should really change the blessed dhide setup. You only need 1 zammy item, and black dragonhide armor is jsut as good as zamorak blessed dragonhide armor. Thus, use the cheapest zammy item (from the choice of body or chaps) and use black for the most expensive one.

And although the void setup is awesome, the lack of zamorak item makes the zammy followers attack you. I went there once without a zammy item, and zammy followers really slowed me down.

Looking forward to it though.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Ss4goku264.png

ss4goku264.png

And although the void setup is awesome, the lack of zamorak item makes the zammy followers attack you. I went there once without a zammy item, and zammy followers really slowed me down.

The good spots would not have many and with high defense you could just tank it or kill them and i believe there is a tolerance like all monsters.

You need more information. Jus' going to point out a few mistakes here:

Before we get started i would like to point out that this guide is only affective if you are a player with 90 + Defense and Ranging levels. For the use of this guide i would also suggest a minimum of 35mil cash.

lolwat? 90+ Range and Defense? People go to solo Armadyl at those levels. You can easily camp here with 75 defense and 70 range and get decent money per hour.

Also, about the cash requirement; 35m is a little bit much for Aviansie gear don't you think? 3-4m is all you need for tanking gear with good range bonus.

I will focus on 3 different armour setups. These 3 are what i believe to be the best. They focus on high Defense and Attack bonus giving you the best result in the end. I will focus more on the Attack bonus rather than Defense (hence the high Defense level required).

[hide=Setup 1]Zamorak Chaps

Zamorak D'hide

Snakeskin Boots/Ranger Boots

Robin Hood/Zamorak Coif

Armadyl Pendant

Barrows Gloves

Unholy Book/DFS/Crystal Shield

Archer Ring

Accumulator

This is the cheapest buyable setup of those i will focus on. This setup will give a max Ranged Attack bonus of +91 and a minimum of +73. This setup will also give a max Ranged Defense bonus of +186 and a minimum of +106.[/hide]

Few things wrong with this:

You need a Saradomin item unless you want to be owned by Priests and Spiritual Mages; I didn't need 3 zamorak items at Aviansies, not sure about others.

Torag's Helmet is decent for tanking, taking away only -2 range attack and giving 62+ Range Defence.

Where's your leg slot? Torag's legs would be good there.

Granite Shield is good if you can't afford DFS/need good defense bonuses.

Fix your spelling/grammatical errors. IOt makes your guide look more pro. Anyway, cool guide atm. Hoping to see more.

You need more information. Jus' going to point out a few mistakes here:

Before we get started i would like to point out that this guide is only affective if you are a player with 90 + Defense and Ranging levels. For the use of this guide i would also suggest a minimum of 35mil cash.

lolwat? 90+ Range and Defense? People go to solo Armadyl at those levels. You can easily camp here with 75 defense and 70 range and get decent money per hour.

Also, about the cash requirement; 35m is a little bit much for Aviansie gear don't you think? 3-4m is all you need for tanking gear with good range bonus.

I will focus on 3 different armour setups. These 3 are what i believe to be the best. They focus on high Defense and Attack bonus giving you the best result in the end. I will focus more on the Attack bonus rather than Defense (hence the high Defense level required).

[hide=Setup 1]Zamorak Chaps

Zamorak D'hide

Snakeskin Boots/Ranger Boots

Robin Hood/Zamorak Coif

Armadyl Pendant

Barrows Gloves

Unholy Book/DFS/Crystal Shield

Archer Ring

Accumulator

This is the cheapest buyable setup of those i will focus on. This setup will give a max Ranged Attack bonus of +91 and a minimum of +73. This setup will also give a max Ranged Defense bonus of +186 and a minimum of +106.[/hide]

Few things wrong with this:

You need a Saradomin item unless you want to be owned by Priests and Spiritual Mages; I didn't need 3 zamorak items at Aviansies, not sure about others.

Torag's Helmet is decent for tanking, taking away only -2 range attack and giving 62+ Range Defence.

Where's your leg slot? Torag's legs would be good there.

Granite Shield is good if you can't afford DFS/need good defense bonuses.

Fix your spelling/grammatical errors. IOt makes your guide look more pro. Anyway, cool guide atm. Hoping to see more.

Okay first off. 90+ Ranged is for using void effectivly. Second off, 90+ ranged os for using knives, etc effectivly, 35mil + is a boit over the top, maybe 10mil would be more fitting. If you read through everything you would have noticed that i pay very little attention to Ranged Def (hence the high def requirement) and i pay most attention to the best Ranged Atk bonus (best items = costly, hence the high money requiremens). i'll still have to add the screeny of the spots to be used (no sara followers hence no mention of sara items). But thanx for the suggestions, ill use them. Keep them coming.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

Shouldn't you put in a tanking kind of guide like with bandos/torags?

If you read through everything you would have noticed that i pay very little attention to Ranged Def (hence the high def requirement) and i pay most attention to the best Ranged Atk bonus

This guide is mainly for higher level players and concentrates on attack bonus's and not defence.

Excellent guide, glad somebody finally made a high-level Aviansie guide.

If you're interested, here's my equipment.

Full range void

Armadyl pendant

Rune c'bow

Broad bolts

Dragonfire shield

Zamorak cape (from Mage Arena)

Bandos boots

Inventory consists of Enhanced Excalibur, teleport tablet, alching runes, 5 range potions(4), 1 summoning potion(4), 6 pineapple pizza, 5 unicorn pouches, and ~500 unicorn scrolls.

With this setup and my stats, I'm nearly always at max health, so I can stay as long as my familiars last. Pineapple pizzas aren't necessary now that I think of it, should probably just bring more pouches.

Anyway, I use the far western spot of the main room, with two aviansie spawns surrounded by bandos and zamorak followers, hence the Bandos and Zamorak equipment.

Again, great guide. Can't wait for it to be complete.

Sir_Ddude.gif

Full range void

Armadyl pendant

Rune c'bow

Broad bolts

Dragonfire shield

Bandos boots

Inventory consists of Enhanced Excalibur, teleport tablet, alching runes, 5 range potions(4), 1 summoning potion(4), 6 pineapple pizza, 5 unicorn pouches, and ~500 unicorn scrolls.

With this setup and my stats, I'm nearly always at max health, so I can stay as long as my familiars last. Pineapple pizzas aren't necessary now that I think of it, should probably just bring more pouches.

Anyway, I use the far western spot of the main room, with two aviansie spawns surrounded by bandos and zamorak followers, hence the Bandos and Zamorak equipment.

Only problem with your setup is the use of a Rune C'bow. I believe, and i will prove this over and over again, that once you hit 90+ Ranged it is far better to use knives, darts or obby rings for the fastest possible exp.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

Full range void

Armadyl pendant

Rune c'bow

Broad bolts

Dragonfire shield

Bandos boots

Only problem with your setup is the use of a Rune C'bow. I believe, and i will prove this over and over again, that once you hit 90+ Ranged it is far better to use knives, darts or obby rings for the fastest possible exp.

You're probably right. However, I'm not exactly comfortable with draining a lot of my profits by using obsidian rings or rune knives. Also, it'll take some accurate calculations for you to persuade me that you don't need the +90 range attack given by the Rune c'bow when using Void. This is simply because you have few other places to get that necessary range attack.

If you can prove myself and others like me wrong however, you'll have a very good guide on your hands.

Sir_Ddude.gif

- Use only 1 zammy dhide (it's cheaper) and replace them with a black and a sara dhide

- add equipment pics

- void is not "free"; it'll cost you about 8 hours, depending on your combat level and if you are in a clan

- check my sig for a way to make hides smaller

- the point of hides is to make the guide shorter; putting a singe sentence in it is useless

- vid, maybe?

- list of aviansies drops and comment if they are worth picking up

- Use only 1 zammy dhide (it's cheaper) and replace them with a black and a sara dhide

- add equipment pics

- void is not "free"; it'll cost you about 8 hours, depending on your combat level and if you are in a clan

- check my sig for a way to make hides smaller

- the point of hides is to make the guide shorter; putting a singe sentence in it is useless

- vid, maybe?

- list of aviansies drops and comment if they are worth picking up

Beginning Guide = Guide in the making. If i had any time at all i would have been done with the guide by now. I know how to write guides, having witen 3 of them already. Your post is kind of... useless.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

He's suggesting things to help fix your guide. That's what the whole point of posting on a guide in the beginner forums is for. Also, save your pictures as png's, not jpg's.

For example, this is a jpg:

2e3wzyb.jpg

And this is a png:

2d97b0j.png

Looks much better, doesn't it?

wl7w9j.png