The New Xbox Experience

3PointMan

I just got an email from Xbox saying it's going to update the dashboard and such. What do you guys think about this? We are suppose to get avatars and the back round will run more smoothly.

http://www.xbox.com/en-us/live/nxe/

^^Link if you haven't heard^^

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The background runs smoothly enough as it is. I've seen pictures from when it was first announced, it looks like [wagon], and the avatars are a really bad idea, so obviously a Wii ripoff it's not even funny. Whoever suggested this should be fired.

From a trebuchet.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

The background runs smoothly enough as it is. I've seen pictures from when it was first announced, it looks like [wagon], and the avatars are a really bad idea, so obviously a Wii ripoff it's not even funny. Whoever suggested this should be fired.

From a trebuchet.

Medieval warfare ftw.

I don't have an Xbox, but I looked at this when I was bored. All I coulkd think of was Wii.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

It waaaayyy better than the blades in my oppinion, i think the balde ui is absolutely terrible in terms of newcomers trying to find stuff, it looks like a mess and wasnt clean like the XMB or wii interface and they made the store even worse by cluttering it with game ads.

http://gamevideos.1up.com/

-had a little walkthrough of the achievements interface, which frankly looks like it should and the netflix which might be the biggest reason to get a new 360.

tifsdac6mc.gif

It waaaayyy better than the blades in my oppinion, i think the balde ui is absolutely terrible in terms of newcomers trying to find stuff, it looks like a mess and wasnt clean like the XMB or wii interface and they made the store even worse by cluttering it with game ads.

http://gamevideos.1up.com/

-had a little walkthrough of the achievements interface, which frankly looks like it should and the netflix which might be the biggest reason to get a new 360.

After watching the video, my trebuchet statement stands. The only thing that seems like a necessary update is the party thing (and Netflix, I suppose), so you don't have to keep halting your game to send messages. But both of those can be easily pulled off with the current system. And there actually is an achievement screen similar to that one in the current dashboard, it's under Arcade I think, go to games. It has every game you play, the pictorial representation of the achievement, and I think the # of GS you have from the game and the achievements gained/total. Not as flashy, but still functional.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

angel2w.gif

I don't have an X-Box 360, but I have played it at my mates house, and I must say, that is a huge improvement.. It looks so much more sleeker.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

:( R.I.P. xbox 360 dashboard - died 4th Dec 2008

After watching the video, my trebuchet statement stands. The only thing that seems like a necessary update is the party thing (and Netflix, I suppose), so you don't have to keep halting your game to send messages. But both of those can be easily pulled off with the current system. And there actually is an achievement screen similar to that one in the current dashboard, it's under Arcade I think, go to games. It has every game you play, the pictorial representation of the achievement, and I think the # of GS you have from the game and the achievements gained/total. Not as flashy, but still functional.

meh, the Netflix thing will be pointless for most of my friends, they pirate stuff anyways, so they think it's useless.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

You will also have the ability to install games on the hard drive, stream HD movies from Netflix (720p i think)

Those community games.

8 way chat and parties that will remain when changing games with the ability to play instantly.

Themes now include 3d elements.

It's alot faster than the current dash.

Looks alot better.

WARNING: The NXE requires about 128 of Hard Drive (or Memory Card) space, if you are a Core owner (Arcades come with 256MB memory card) you can check your console's I.D and tell Microsoft to send you a FREE 512 memory card. Or for $20 (i think) they will send you a 20GB Hard Drive. Well, atleast is a reasonable price (for M$ standards)

You will also have the ability to install games on the hard drive, stream HD movies from Netflix (720p i think)

Those community games.

8 way chat and parties that will remain when changing games with the ability to play instantly.

Looks alot better.

If you install, you still need your disc in the drive, so the point of it is....? And woop-de-[bleep]ing-doo, 3d elements. The current dash is plenty fast, I've never experienced slowness, so I don't understand that point. But I do agree that constant parties are a good idea, but they don't need a complete dashboard overhaul to implement it.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

Those community games.

Looks alot better.

If you install, you still need your disc in the drive, so the point of it is....? And woop-de-[bleep]-doo, 3d elements. The current dash is plenty fast, I've never experienced slowness, so I don't understand that point. But I do agree that constant parties are a good idea, but they don't need a complete dashboard overhaul to implement it.

Remember they are aiming for the causal crowd, they will look at the NXE and think: SHINY!

The current dash is complicated for casuals. I like it more, more organized and clean, also the current dash will be moved to the Guide. The disc drive will only spin to prove you own the game, it will stop spinning after (which helps to reduce heat), it will also load games faster.

:ugeek:

The disc drive will only spin to prove you own the game, it will stop spinning after (which helps to reduce heat), it will also load games faster.

A major + for me, mines like a heater for some reason with the disk spinning (games on my HDD seem to make it quieter and alot cooler)

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Should be called The New Wii Experience! :lol:

Yes, the Avatars are a blatant rip off of the miis, however the Independent game thing intrigues me. I can just hear the bullet hell genre games flooding it now.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

• 2 weeks later...
The disc drive will only spin to prove you own the game, it will stop spinning after (which helps to reduce heat), it will also load games faster.

A major + for me, mines like a heater for some reason with the disk spinning (games on my HDD seem to make it quieter and alot cooler)

Do that with halo 3 then call yourself an idiot and delete it. The game sucks yes .. Now with longer loading times.

Was put in the original drawn from the survey .. Really good dashboard compared to original.

Quick question, dunno if its been asked on this thread yet and answered, but, i forgot the predicted date when its meant to be coming out ? ive been told it might be tomorrow (Nov 16th) but i just want to make sure.

tbh i quite like the look of the NXE. it looks A LOT better than the current one. the only thing i don't like are the custimizable avatar things that look so awful they are only wii worthy.

Smashing Pumpkins Fan? Check out my sticky! ~ CYB Worthy viewtopic.php?f=77&t=759663

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

It comes out on November 19th....How did you guys get it early?

It was leaked a while ago, you just need a USB thumb drive to install it.

Or you could have gotten in (like I did) via connect.microsoft.com where you had to enter your details (ISP, console ID and some other things) and they picked you based on that. With this you can actually access live on the new dashboard unlike with the "leaked" version.