:: ZMI RuneCrafting Guide ::

HOOG0Z

:: HOOG0Z's Guide to ZMI RuneCrafting ::

[hide=Introdution]Why should you use the ZMI to RC? Well, the ZMI or Zamorak Mage Institue is an incredibly fast XP for people with a lower RC level ie. lower than 75 or even 91. It is also very easy to start and is relatively safe.[/hide]

[hide=What is ZMI?]The ZMI or Zamorak Mage Institue is an undergound RuneCrafting altar near the Castle Wars arena which is unique for a RuneCrafting altar. It has no spesific rune and you don't need a talisman to enter it. Instead of crafting 1 type of rune, you get a random amount of every type of rune apart from combination runes. There are 2 paths to the altar, a shorter more dangerous route or a longer less dangerous route. I will be using the more dangerous route, as it isn't very dangerous at all :P[/hide]

The meat of the guide :thumbsup:

[hide=Method + Requirments]The method I use (note, this is not the only method but by far the quickest and effective way) has some high-ish requirments, and if you don't have them I will give you a less effective method. My method involves teleporting to the altar using the Ourania teleport on Lunar magic and teleporting to the Moonclan Isle again using Lunar magics.

Therefore, I present the requirments!

Levels:

50+ RCing is reccomended for cost effective RCing

71+ Magic to use the teleports

40+ Prayer for protect from missiles

50+ Defence for extra protection from the monsters

Quests:

Lunar Diplomacy for access to the Lunar Spellbook.

A Last Resort... for access to the salt rock pools for infinite run[/hide]

[hide=Equipment]There isn't much equipment you need for the ZMI, here is my set up:

outfitlu8.png

The Red = Required, replace the Lava staff with an Earth staff if you wish. The necklace is a Seal of Passage, and is gained during Lunar Diplomacy, it's required to enter Moonclan Isle.

The Green = Highly reccomended for extra speed, you'll have alot of running to do

You can replace the cape with a spotted/spottier cape for extra speed boost, and also use Penance gloves. Replace the hat and shield with whatever you want, preferably anything light or something to boost your defence if you have a low defence.

inventnz2.png

The pouches for carrying ess obviously, bring the Giant if you can. The runes are for the teleports, you do not need 2000, infact, I started off with 2k and i've made more runes so you can cope with as little as 10 I guess. :P I would bring 100 of each just incase though.

The scrolls are for a Terrorbird. If you can, either bring a Terrorbird for continuous run or bring an Abyssal familiar for carrying extra ess. A Terrorbird cannot carry Pure Essence unfortunately.

Praying:

Praying is important, which you will found out in the "Travelling" section of the guide. I would reccomend praying constanly "Protect from Missiles" which protets you from the majority from the hostile monsters in the altar, because there is an altar right next to the entrance of the RC altar there is no need for Prayer potions. If you want, you can also pray "Rapid Heal" to help you gain HP quicker when you lose any.[/hide]

[hide=Travelling]Travelling to altar is simple, simply cast the Ourania teleport and follow the path to the altar. Pray if you need to and enter the altar. Note there is a banker here, I never use him as it costs 10 runes, however he could be useful for some reason...

Anyways, you will see two paths, take the thicker one with NPCs walking in it and turn on "Protect from Missiles" if you havn't done so already and turn auto retaliate off. Then run round the corner and try not to die. Unless you're a level 3 and/or incredibly stupid, you wont. When you get to the altar, craft your runes like you would any other altar and teleport back to the Moon clan island. Bank and Repeat.

altar2yx8.png

altaruw4.png

Thanks Tip.It for the picture. :D

The Video:

Here is a link to the trip on YouTube, sorry for the lame quality but you get the idea.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng9n3KlgzJc[/hide]

[hide=The Lower-level method]Note, this method is not for people with a lower RCing level but for people who do not have the requirments for the Lunar Magics.

It basiaclly involves using a Ring of Dueling and teleporting to Castle Wars instead of the Lunar teleports. Once you teleport to CW, simply run North and you will arrive in the same area from the Ourania teleport. I'll post some pictures if requested, but it's pretty straight forward I think. The setup is the same ofcourse minus the teleport runes and with a dueling ring equipped. :mrgreen:[/hide]

Well that's it, hope you enjoyed my guide, if I need to add anything else just tell me. :thumbup:

[hide=Credits]Tip.it for being legends

Krazi + Krampell for my typo[/hide]

hugo_da_dark.png

i R lyk totally shee dead peopl0z pl0x | ZMI RuneCrafting Guide

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the comments, I'll post my ess/hr and maybe work out my average at 64 RCing, won't do much good though.. :wall:

EDIT: Added a lower level method.

EDIT2: Added a YouTube video of the route.

hugo_da_dark.png

I can't say this guide is perfect, you are missing some very vital things:

1) Abyssal Familiars > Terrorbird. Honestly. If you can't suck it up and pay for a few super energies, how are you standing RC? It's faster AND better profit. Terrorbird has no place here.

2) I don't know why you aren't recommending armor. Weight perhaps? Well there are light-weight set ups with good defense. Try:

-Bearhelm

-Spottier Cape

-Varrock 3/2/Fighter Torso/Larupia

-Black dhide legs (with Penance Gloves)/Larupia (without)

-Crystal Shield > Mind Shield > Sara Book

-Penance Gloves/Barrows/Karamja 3/Best rfd

-Boots of lightness

-Glory ammy

That's either 0kg or 1kg, I forget.

3) State that Eniloa is quicker for banker and therefore the better option. What's a few fire runes anyway? You can drop the Seal of Passage too

4) For those who still decide to bank at Lunar, recommend completing Dream Mentor so they can drop the Seal

5) Recommend keeping Rapid heal and Protect Item on indefinitely. Also mention considering using Piety/etc. if you are good at recharging pray without wasting time. Also, the best way to fully exploit prayer is to switch between the protect prayers. Pray range until the ranger at the beginning gets 2 shots on you, then pray melee until the warrior hits you once, then pray mage. When you get to the 2 rangers by the altar, switch to range again. Either leave the prayer on or turn it off once you arrive at the altar.

6) Fire rcing is faster without Ourania Teleport, at least at lower levels.

There are 2 paths to the altar, a shorter more dangerous route or a shorter less dangerous route.
Shouldn't it be "There are 2 paths to the altar, a shorter more dangerous route or a longer less dangerous route."?

Anyway great guide, I'll use it soon as I need to train runecrafting (lowest skill). :oops:

Etecoon.png

The ZMI or Zamorak Mage Institue is an undergound RuneCrafting altar near the Castle Wars arena which is unique for a RuneCrafting altar. It has no spesific rune and you don't need a talisman to enter it. Instead of crafting 1 type of rune, you get a random amount of every type of rune apart from combination runes. There are 2 paths to the altar, a shorter more dangerous route or a shorter less dangerous route. I will be using the more dangerous route, as it isn't very dangerous at all :P

I'm pretty sure that should be "longer". Am I right?

Good guide. Maybe add the xp/hour rate.

:wall: Thanks lol.

And It's hard to do xp/hr, seeing as the runes you make are random.. :roll:

You can get approximates though. 42k/hour at around 82, is it? I'm getting consistant 35-38k at 77, and was getting below 30k before Giant Pouch. I only started to use ZMI after level 65 though, and averaged under 30k/hour until 75.

Approximations of exp/hr is good enough I think, you spelt guide wrong in your title by the way. ;)

Great guide, keep it up. :)

Maybe he wanted it tpo be gude! did you think of that?!?!?!?! [/sarcasm]

Good guide 9/10

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

How the hell did I miss the Gude bit..

And thanks for the xp/hr rates, could I use them if I credit you?

Sure.

Short and simple, but really nothing new.

Add that teaming up with friends and using a ZMI world for sharing teleports is very useful(teleport group)

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Short and simple, but really nothing new.

Add that teaming up with friends and using a ZMI world for sharing teleports is very useful(teleport group)

That saves runes, but it's not very fast between the organizations and the fact that all you of may not be done at the same time, which will mess up the order. I've tried doing that, it doesn't work out very well, unless you are willing to sacrifice speed.

Whenever you "use-quickly" a bank in Lunar Isle without it on, you get chucked out.

However, I discovered if you rightclick on "bank" on the banker it allows you to bank.

So to answer your question, no. However for ease I do use it.

hugo_da_dark.png

Whenever you "use-quickly" a bank in Lunar Isle without it on, you get chucked out.

However, I discovered if you rightclick on "bank" on the banker it allows you to bank.

Actually, no matter if you use quickly or bank the bankers without the Seal, you are thrown out. The only exception is if you use the far-east bank booth AFTER DREAM MENTOR, in which case that booth is open to you for free use.

Or have you really discovered something new? If so, I would still say lose the Seal since it DOES weigh quite a bit and give no bonuses.

Actually, no matter if you use quickly or bank the bankers without the Seal, you are thrown out. The only exception is if you use the far-east bank booth AFTER DREAM MENTOR, in which case that booth is open to you for free use.

Or have you really discovered something new? If so, I would still say lose the Seal since it DOES weigh quite a bit and give no bonuses.

You must click the "bank" option from the Ex-pirate dude. He won't kick you off the island.

Also, for team teleports, you don't sacrifice much.

There are two ways to do it. Either a "mass", which is ALOT of random people. Usually people wait a few secs for a tele, then cast a group tele themselves. At the most you waste 1-3 seconds, but save about 500+gp in the tele

You could also do it with a group of friends with the same RC lvl. Again, you are wasting 1-3 seconds for 500+gp a trip.

The difference is minimal, however, if you are planning to RC alot using the ZMI alter(such as to 91 or 99 RC), then it is WELL worth it. To 91 and 99, you will save millions.

Owned_Nex.png

You must click the "bank" option from the Ex-pirate dude. He won't kick you off the island.

You sure you cannot bank-quickly at his booth? I could've sworn I could have.

I am sure you cannot.

You must click the bank option from the person. If you do "quick-bank", you "talk" to one of the lunar guys.

Owned_Nex.png

I am sure you cannot.

You must click the bank option from the person. If you do "quick-bank", you "talk" to one of the lunar guys.

Really? Ok I trust you. That's dumb though, Jagex should change that :wall:

you can bank on lunar isle without the seal, but it needs the completion of dream mentor, you just right clikc and use use quickly bank and it works..well for me it does..but don't try and talk to other people on lunar isle like i did...one way ticket out of there...

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.