Nechryaels, the 80 Slayer monster, deserve better Drops

k00ldud95

I am not proposing anything too bold, but I was angry when GWD came out and devalued Rune boots.Nechs only drop 50k Rune Boots, and they have a very significant slayer level requirement. I think that they should have a better drop. Once again, it does not need to be anything new.

There are monsters that drop Dragon Longswords and Scimitars, and I think that the Dragon Halberd would be a good drop. It would essentially be a drop that is ment to be alched or used. The high alch price is 195,000 and IMO that would be a very appropriate reward for 80 slayer. The value is slightly higher than a G Maul, Slightly lower than D boots. The D hally is also useful to anyone who would want to keep it. Other options, like the Dragon Battle Axe could also be discussed, if you just can't agree with this.

Slayer monsters already drop the D boots, D chain, and the D med. I cannot see how this would take away form the Dragon brand (which is not worth anything anyway). It would still be sellable in shops after Regicide, and it would still be unusable untill the completion of regicide. Remember that is is possiable to get 90 slay without getting 60 range, and you can still get dark bow drops.

People will probably say that alching could cause inflation, but this is not a concern. Avainese drop Addy bars, and the only reason that the price on those hold up is becasue of the Alch price on addy plates. These probably pump billions into the RS Economy, and I don't see any major problems that they create.

The drop rate could be about one in 300 or so. Anyone agree with this?

After some Discussion, other additional options have been proposed:

1. Other Dragon Items: (Dragon Battle Axe, Dragon Scimitar, Dragon Right Half) The Dragon Battle Axe would also work due to the alch value, and it is possible based on looking at prices for a number of items that the Dragon Scimitar might work. Another suggestion was the Dragon Square Right Half, which combines with the left half to form a shield that alchs for 300k. While this might seem odd, it would bring the value of the Dragon Square down in a way that would better reflect its usefulness. Legend's Quest would still have to be completed to wield the fully completed shield.

2.Increase Secondary Drops: This is also an idea, however, it would seem to be a little more simple to just add one high value item. On the other hand, you wouldn't interfere with other items, and you would not have to rely on alch price.

3. Possible New item drop.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or they could simply crank up their secondary drops. Not just nechs too; dark beasts (ESPECIALLY dark beasts), gargoyles, skeletal wyverns, and kurasks should be FAR more profitable than they are now. Even the big ones, demons and mages, should have better secondaries.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Or they could simply crank up their secondary drops. Not just nechs too; dark beasts (ESPECIALLY dark beasts), gargoyles, skeletal wyverns, and kurasks should be FAR more profitable than they are now. Even the big ones, demons and mages, should have better secondaries.

That could be an idea. Also, maybe the mystic robes could also be added to their drop tables. I also agree that monsters that require all that leveling should be a little better in terms of profit. But Nechs are a pretty frequent slayer task, so those items might go down quite a bit.

Or they could also start to drop those granite boots we never got?

Maybe, but you cannot include a new drop without messing with something else. That is why I did not suggest a new weapon, because I realized that no matter what that weapon was, it would interfere with something else.

If the granite boots were better than Dragon Boots, the you would interfere with Spiritual Mages. If they were worse, then no one would wear them. If they were the same, then the cheaper type would be worn, and the prices for both would be low.

Well, I thought you would've gotten this, but okay...

Granite is known for having great ranged def. So they'd be slightly less in stats than drag, but better than rune. And their ranged def stat would be better than the drag. Maybe an additional +2 or +3. And they'd be a rarer drop then rune boots.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Nechryaels drop rune boots quite often, which adds up. They also drop a lot of herb seeds and give you decent amounts of death runes. Imo, nech drops are quite decent and I always enjoy them when I get them as my slayer task.

Well, I thought you would've gotten this, but okay...

Granite is known for having great ranged def. So they'd be slightly less in stats than drag, but better than rune. And their ranged def stat would be better than the drag. Maybe an additional +2 or +3. And they'd be a rarer drop then rune boots.

I thought you were thinking of making them equal to dragon, not slightly lower. That could work, but I don't know a lot of people who wear granite.

Nechryaels drop rune boots quite often, which adds up. They also drop a lot of herb seeds and give you decent amounts of death runes. Imo, nech drops are quite decent and I always enjoy them when I get them as my slayer task.

I think that there should be a higher value drop. 80 slay takes a very long time to achieve, and I am usually lucky to get a pair every other task. Is the D hally just too out of place for it to work?

Rune boots used to be about 200k before the dragon boots were introduced. I think that's the reason nechs don't have a really high drop anymore. Though, if rune boots were still 200k, the amount of rune boots dropped would be significantly less, I think.

Rune boots used to be about 200k before the dragon boots were introduced. I think that's the reason nechs don't have a really high drop anymore. Though, if rune boots were still 200k, the amount of rune boots dropped would be significantly less, I think.

That was my complaint. The GWD came out an devalued the rune boots, I used to camp and slay there. I believe the d boot drop rate is only like 1 in 150, which is about the same as rune boots. Anyway, I think it would be better to give them an at least 100k+ drop, 2 million slayer xp isn't very easy to achieve.

Just so you know, only Rogue boots have ranged defense.

It's really really stupid for some reason.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

Theres actually 3 boots with range defense (link). Although I agree 0 range defense on most boots with a max bonus of 2+ seems a little strange.

This topic is more of a moan about prices of most items dropping more then the actual need for a better drop(s).

When I first starting playing on my original members account it was easier to make money, but most items where far higher then they are now.

I can remember my melee gear was the following;

Full guthans - 13m

Glory - ~80k

Wealth - ~50k

Rune boots - ~300k

Rune gloves - quest item

Whip - 3.2m

Obby shield - ~550k

Totaled at around 17m, now the total value is closer to 5.5m

Everything drops in price making it tougher to make money, but also easier to train. Which is part of the reason everything is cheaper.

Its the way of the world.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Yeah, but just a correction nothing drops d scim.

Theres actually 3 boots with range defense (link). Although I agree 0 range defense on most boots with a max bonus of 2+ seems a little strange.

This topic is more of a moan about prices of most items dropping more then the actual need for a better drop(s).

When I first starting playing on my original members account it was easier to make money, but most items where far higher then they are now.

I can remember my melee gear was the following;

Full guthans - 13m

Glory - ~80k

Wealth - ~50k

Rune boots - ~300k

Rune gloves - quest item

Whip - 3.2m

Obby shield - ~550k

Totaled at around 17m, now the total value is closer to 5.5m

Everything drops in price making it tougher to make money, but also easier to train. Which is part of the reason everything is cheaper.

Its the way of the world.

Yeah, it is a complaint about prices. A monster that requires level 80 slayer deserves an item that has at least a moderately decent price.

The Rune Boots did not drop a little bit over time as people reached 80 slay, they dropped because dragon boots were released and made them an obselete item. In advance, I am not suggesting that Jagex never release new items to avoid making items obselete. I am suggesting they give nechs a good drop. It takes almost 100 hours of work to reach 80 slayer, and that is at maximum rates, with cannon and piety. If Jagex released an item that made the Abyssal Whip obselete, you can bet I would be here complaining about it.

Cockroach soldiers drop D Schimmys in p2p. If you think that the halberd is too strange of a drop, it could be something else.

Cockroach soldiers drop D Schimmys in p2p. If you think that the halberd is too strange of a drop, it could be something else.

Didn't know that sorry.

Idk about the drop, but I don't think the hally is used enough to really solve the problem, except if you alch it. But adding a drop but as an alchable seems kinda like a waste to me.

Didn't know that sorry.

Idk about the drop, but I don't think the hally is used enough to really solve the problem, except if you alch it. But adding a drop but as an alchable seems kinda like a waste to me.

I felt like that too, when I first thought of it. But there are tons of alchables in RS. The D sq is supposed to be special, but I know people who just alch the drop. The D spear is the same way. Also, the Hally is useful in certain situations. I think the D hally would be the best option but there are others

The D schimmy could be a drop, it is used in PKing constantly, and I doubt that the Nech drop would hurt the Price too bad. The D battleaxe is another option, people use it for the spec frequently, and it has a high alch value of 120k.

But those items were rare and valuable in their own this. D hally is way out of its time now, so there's no use but to be alched. When d sq came out, it was the best in the game, so alching it would be a total waste. That's no longer the case.

It doesn't have to be dragon though, right? What if you just increased the gem/half key drop rate? That would make them really profitable, depending on how much the increase was.

But those items were rare and valuable in their own this. D hally is way out of its time now, so there's no use but to be alched. When d sq came out, it was the best in the game, so alching it would be a total waste. That's no longer the case.

It doesn't have to be dragon though, right? What if you just increased the gem/half key drop rate? That would make them really profitable, depending on how much the increase was.

It was probably one of the best weapons in the game before the whip came out. Now, It could be alched.

It doesn't have to be dragon, but those are the only items that were in the price range I was looking for. I still think that the halberd or scimitar would be the best options, but the the problem could be solved by cranking up the half key drops, and other stuff too.

Do you support the general idea that they deserve better drops? I would like to get at least one supporter lol.

The d hally had its time too. It was probably one of the best weapons in the game before the whip came out. Now, It could be alched. If you don't like alching, I think the D schimmy is in enough demand that the price wouldn't go down very much.

It doesn't have to be dragon, but those are the only items that were in the price range I was looking for. I still think that the halberd or scimitar would be the best options, but the the problem could be solved by cranking up the half key drops, and other stuff too.

Do you support the general idea that they deserve better drops? I would like to get at least one supporter lol.

Well you'd have to be crazy not to support this. 80 slayer requires dozens of hours of time, yet nechs only give 200k profit an hour at best. Slayer is really underpowered nowadays.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

The d hally had its time too. It was probably one of the best weapons in the game before the whip came out. Now, It could be alched. If you don't like alching, I think the D schimmy is in enough demand that the price wouldn't go down very much.

Well you'd have to be crazy not to support this. 80 slayer requires dozens of hours of time, yet nechs only give 200k profit an hour at best. Slayer is really underpowered nowadays.

Well thanks for the support. If I get enough supporters, this idea might actually have a shot at being made a reality.

All of my nech tasks end with at least a 100k profit. There are many more tasks that drop less than that. i have 174 rune full helms in bank from slayer and many are from nechs. and greater demons

You can also get 100k(or more) per hour at armored zombies, or cockroach soldiers, or green dragons or blue dragons, or dozens of others. None or those monsters require 100 hours of work to receive the privilege of fighting.

Abyssal Demons have the Whip. Gargoyles have the 150k Granite Maul. Spiritual Mages have D boots. Nechs have a low value rune drop. In my opinion they should have a better drop. I am not suggesting anything crazy, or off the mark. Just add a dragon weapon that has already been created and the problem is solved. The hally, D schimmy, or the B Axe would do very well.

I do not suggest that Jagex enter a new item every single time that an old one naturally declines as more people achieve that Slayer level and camp. But the Rune Boots did not become obsolete for that reason. They were outmoded by an addition of a new item, and they should be replaced by beefing up the nech drop list with a dragon weapon, or better secondaries.

^Aren't nechs better money than gargoyles? But they both suck; really every slayer monsters up to, and possibly even including abyssal demons and spiritual mages, should have better drops.

^Aren't nechs better money than gargoyles? But they both suck; really every slayer monsters up to, and possibly even including abyssal demons and spiritual mages, should have better drops.

I agree that they both suck, and they shouldn't.I think that Gargoyles may have the advantage. In additon to the G maul, Gargoyles also have Mystic robe tops, and several rune items, and a fairly reliable drop of Pure essence. Nechs have death runes, Rune boots, and other rune stuff.

Rune boots drop at a rate of about once every 150 kills, and they were once 200k. Now they have been made obselete and only contribute a small amount to the profit of every task. I strongly doubt that nechs are 100-200k per hour. They used to be better, and the problem could be solved by adding one weapon.

While other Slayer monsters could deserve an increase to their drops, I think that Nechs are the most glaring problem. It takes 100 hours of work to achieve the slayer level required to fight them, and their only drop is obselete. Maybe solving the Nech problem could bring attention to some other problems as well. But lets take one thing at a time.

I get an average of 2 rune boots per task.

Well, you are a very lucky person. The drop rate has been documented to be around 1 in 142 by a player named Zarfot, who has killed thousands of nechs. His findings can be found in "Mega Slayer Guide 3" on the RSOF forums. If you are suggesting that they increase the drop rate, the increased supply would likely lower the price. Even with 2 paris you probably are not getting batter than 150-250k, max. (250 is extremely high)

On the other hand, if a Dragon weapon, like the scimitar, the Battle Axe, or the Hally was added, then they would replace the hole created when Dragon Boots were released. I don't see any major possible negative effects of this. The hally might decline to high alch value if it were added, but it was already headed there. If the Scimitar were chosen, they are in such heavy demand that the price would only go down slightly. The Battle Axe is already at Alch Price anyway.

If you beefed up minor drops, I doubt nechs have enough of an effect to hurt prices very much.