Flaming...

josh181830

This is the rants section of the Tip.It Forum. When someone posts a thread about their rant, why does everyone flame him/her for their rant...? Why do people even flame strangers for no reason..? I fail to understand why some people are so aggressive over nothing.

josh181830.png

Did you have to make a thread just for this? as for your question its because some people make so badly thought out rants that make no sense and rant at runescape for no reason, sure they can rant but rant about something that needs fixing or is a problem.

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

... I fail to understand why some people are so aggressive over nothing.

How ironic. I fail to understand why some people are ranting over nothing, as well. Perhaps you can help me out with that.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Shouldn't this be in Help & Advice?

Golly gee.

People get flamed for arguing the stuuuuuuuupid things. Like the color of Edgeville, or the fact that a bank chest in a basement got a new look..... or the fact that RSHD is still a beta version.

Find something good to argue about so we can have a logical discussion.

It just goes to show that, though there's an age requirement, there's no IQ requirement to play RS.

kule2000rf7.jpg

Wait, my friend said he got a keylogger and lyke he coudln't type, so I assumed it messed up his hands?

Lol judging by the last few posts I'd say the guy has a point...

In my opinion, the rants forum is a place to vent, rather than building anger inside. When you release that anger, it helps that person, regardless of how stupid that rant may be. But I submit that flaming a person over even a stupid rant causes the positive aspects of releasing the anger to be cast aside, only to be replaced by anger at the flamer(s).

Bottom line: Sure, there are a lot of dumb rants here, but there is no reason why you cannot communicate that in a respectable manner, regardless of the intelligence level of the ranter.

So I realize now I'll get a bunch of flames my way, w00t!

Goten6456.png

Now, most of us dont have a problem with distinguishing RS from reality, and we all know that if you hit someone with an axe in real life they dont drop 3gp and some bones then respawn a few seconds later.

In my opinion, the rants forum is a place to vent, rather than building anger inside. When you release that anger, it helps that person, regardless of how stupid that rant may be. But I submit that flaming a person over even a stupid rant causes the positive aspects of releasing the anger to be cast aside, only to be replaced by anger at the flamer(s).

Bottom line: Sure, there are a lot of dumb rants here, but there is no reason why you cannot communicate that in a respectable manner, regardless of the intelligence level of the ranter.

Actually, that sounds reasonable. There is no point in flaming morons for doing poorly written rants. After all that is wasting your attention on nothing but something that was written during a frustrated tantrum. You cannot expect someone in that mood to write together something intelligent before they calm down.

In a nutshell, don't feed the trolls.

BlogofGlorySignatureFixed.gif

Actually, that sounds reasonable. There is no point in flaming morons for doing poorly written rants. After all that is wasting your attention on nothing but something that was written during a frustrated tantrum. You cannot expect someone in that mood to write together something intelligent before they calm down.

In a nutshell, don't feed the trolls.

I agree with both of you too. People who flame people with 'lower intelligence' than themselves are just showing how arrogant and pig-headed they are. This is also ironic as they can be the people who support rants of how 'maturity' has decreased on the boards.

Legil_galad2.png

Woodcutting does not raise your combat level because most people do not play as yew trees.

My other thread got flamed cause I said that I have accounts in F2P with wildy skulls... :wall:

However, out of the recent forums that I remember (Forum.tip.it , Ubuntu forums , and Paint.net forums), I see a lot more flaming on here. Is all the flaming based around rs? Because I don't see much flaming in the off-topic section of this forum.

josh181830.png

Make a stupid thread or post and it will get flamed. Make a thread or post supporting one side of a hotly contested issue, and it will probably get flamed.

Thankfully, flames cannot hurt me, because I always carry one of these:

antidragshi.png

::'

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

Make a stupid thread or post and it will get flamed. Make a thread or post supporting one side of a hotly contested issue, and it will probably get flamed.

Thankfully, flames cannot hurt me, because I always carry one of these:

antidragshi.png

::'

LOL

Nice sense of humor xD =D>

josh181830.png

People flame on tif because of their age and the overall mentality of tipit itself. If you dislike all the flamers on tif, just don't even bother posting, ignore them or move to a different part of the boards or move off of the boards themselves. The smaller the community, the better.

tfssig.png

People flame on tif because of their age and the overall mentality of tipit itself. If you dislike all the flamers on tif, just don't even bother posting, ignore them or move to a different part of the boards or move off of the boards themselves. The smaller the community, the better.

I'm just asking why flamers flame. Disliking them is one thing, but I'm not to the point of hating them yet.

josh181830.png

My other thread got flamed cause I said that I have accounts in F2P with wildy skulls... :wall:

However, out of the recent forums that I remember (Forum.tip.it , Ubuntu forums , and Paint.net forums), I see a lot more flaming on here. Is all the flaming based around rs? Because I don't see much flaming in the off-topic section of this forum.

I read your thread about your wildy skulled accounts. It gave me a little chuckle. :lol:

However yes, there is a lot of prejudice and unfair judging going about on this board. It seems a large chunk of the active posters have an arrogant and cynical attitude and are quick to break down on anything or anyone they disagree with. It leave me concerned as it is very bad for the community. No one deserves being disrespected for having an idea or opinion, unless it is clearly abusive or against the law. Factually correcting someone is one thing, personally attacking them "for being "stupid", "moron" or "noob" is another. That should not be tolerated on this forum.

BlogofGlorySignatureFixed.gif

I read your thread about your wildy skulled accounts. It gave me a little chuckle. :lol:

However yes, there is a lot of prejudice and unfair judging going about on this board. It seems a large chunk of the active posters have an arrogant and cynical attitude and are quick to break down on anything or anyone they disagree with. It leave me concerned as it is very bad for the community. No one deserves being disrespected for having an idea or opinion, unless it is clearly abusive or against the law. Factually correcting someone is one thing, personally attacking them "for being "stupid", "moron" or "noob" is another. That should not be tolerated on this forum.

I believe I'm one of these people you are talking about.. that gets attacked for having a different opinion on something.

Eatrunearrow.png

I believe I'm one of these people you are talking about.. that gets attacked for having a different opinion on something.

Yes, eatrunearrow, you are a minor factor which caused me to create this thread because I have seen you get flamed for no good reasons in your own threads/posts... :(

josh181830.png

To put it simple: Flame Jagex, and you're gonna get flamed by "fanboys". The Rants Forum is to vent - not to try to get players against Jagex with propaganda.

Venting off steam =/= generating more steam.