Perakp's blog

Perakp's Feather collection

outfithv4.jpg

[hide=3 reasons why I collected feathers]1. I used to fletch broad bolts with them.

2. They are the cheapest item that is available in masses and can not be bought for it's trade price from a store. (unlike needles) This makes them a good item to collect.

3. There is much demand for them, but they are nearly untradeable through GE. I want to help those who need feathers for fishing or fletching by having a permanent stack of a few million feathers for sale. Players should not be forced to buy feathers from stores.[/hide]

[hide=Original starting post]The topic is: Feathers.

I want to get millions of them (in the long run).

I could buy them from a store, but they cost 6gp ea there.

I could buy them from GE, but I can only buy 10k at a time every so many hours (due to GE restrictions).

I could buy them from players, but they haven't been too helpful so far.

The trade restrictions only affect GE, in direct player to player trading I can buy as many as I want. Because each gp I pay more for each feather adds up in the long run (I'm talking of millions of feathers here), I want to get them as cheap as possible. That is 4gp ea.

I need you to come to world 99 GE and sell me all your feathers ( :D ). After that, you'll buy 10k more from GE and sell them to me too. You can continue doing this every time you see me in world 99 GE.

Feathers so far (starting day of the blog): 60k

Perakp

Wnb Blogger since 2005, Blogger since 2008

Feel free to add me to see where I am.

I expect this to become the best blog ever, so watch this space.

• [/hide]

[hide=Starting stat picture, other goals, bank picture]crafting80gv5.jpg

71 cons, 80 hunter and 70 summoning

Other goals

Combat 132/138

I don't like seing orange players at all, so I want to gain combat levels. This requires money, so most of my RS time I'm making it in a way or another. For example I could afford buying enough dragon bones for 99 prayer (around 100m), if I sold everything in my bank. Obviously, I don't want to do that just yet, because then making money for summoning levels would be too hard.

Because of my irregular playing hours I can't do GWD. I'm not a big fan of crafting nats or mining rune. Most of my money still comes from slayer drops, clues, farming and buying and selling battlestaffs with Varrock armor. I know it's slow, but it fits my playing style. I'm in no rush getting levels, so it doesn't bother me much.

Magic 98/99

I've had 98 magic for.. 6 months now? But it will be my next 99 skill. I only get xp in it by teleporting and alching, so it will take a few months.

Total 2089/2100

Slowly getting there after getting 2000 total with easy summoning levels.

Farming 89/90

Trained it with farming herbs, but dropping torstol prices have made me farm even less than before. I will not train with trees, because I prefer using my money to buy dragon bones and feathers.

Bank picture16th of July 2008

<!-- m -->http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/9536/1672008jx8.jpg<!-- m -->

• [/hide]

[hide=About me]Hello, my name is Pera.

I'm 17 years old, I come from Finland, and I've played runescape for four years. That says I was 13 when I started. Before Runescape I had mainly played old adventure games, for example the legendary Monkey Islands, Broken swords and other SCUMM- games. Runescape was my first MMORPG.

I'm on my 3rd year in a highschool. I'm interested in all fields of science and also mathematics. I know English, Swedish and German, but am fluent only in English. I have matriculation examinations in English and Swedish this fall and in Finnish, German, math and physics next spring.

I do orienteering and run often, as I quit playing football few years ago. I have given thought to starting again but there isn't a team for my agegroup. I've taught me the skill of drawing, but I can't find the inspiration to do it too often. I draw simple caricatures, for example I made a nice piece featuring my new headmaster last spring. I can't publish my work as many would find it inappropriate.

I don't listen to music, and don't have any idols (except in Runescape). I don't believe in God and am not a member of any party. In a way I think I'm post-materialist, but I also support a bunch of other ideologies, but can't profess any of them. I'm going to vote when I turn 18.

• [/hide]

[hide=Supporters]Feather sellers

Total: 367425 (2.8.2008)

1014k * Danqazmlp

720k * Eagle tas

60k * Chalksmith

50k * Maxhockey11

40013 * Oropher84

29299 * Aguilar52

27542 * Sk1 L Ler

22500 * Gmmstr827

20k * Lord Locs2

18577 * Extremefish

11999 * Sdn30 (perm banned)

11914 * Lint321

11550 * Pepper456

10k * Bows4life27

10k * Queenbee3110

9674 * Omg Eat Bowz

8918 * Guyserbuzzin

7240* The Zappery

2919 * Carl Dublin

2546 * Syngates13

2541 * Sguigtime

1879 * Madstriker72

1367 * Texasguy123 (Getting Krunk)

1250 * Oreo9870

830 * Requiem1160

414 * Fallen you

2 * Dinoman20000

• [/hide]

[hide=Old Titles]

•  
    [*:1ekww9al]I have a feather (I have a dream)

[*:1ekww9al]Roses are red, feathers are white (Roses are red, violets are blue)

[*:1ekww9al]Feather pride (Gay pride)

[*:1ekww9al]One feather to rule them all (One ring to rule them all)

[*:1ekww9al]All your feathers are belong to us (All your base are belong to us)

[*:1ekww9al]Pteronophobia (The fear of being ticled by feathers)

[*:1ekww9al]Luke, I am your Feather (Luke, I am your father)

[*:1ekww9al]Feather=mc^2

[*:1ekww9al]There is no feather (There is no spoon)

[*:1ekww9al]Happy Feathermas

• [/hide]

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P2p only... cool ! -.-

Well ya.. I've turned down many people who have tried to sell me feathers, because I don't want to hop to a f2p world just to buy a few feathers. Money is time and the time it takes to go to a f2p world to buy 10k feathers just isn't worth it, it'd be more cost-efficient to buy them from the store. But if you had... 100-500k feathers... =P~ Or then you just have to buy p2p. Do it now or never, because after August it'll cost more.

Lol sounds like fun. I'm not making any losses right? I'll check into selling off some to you, I guess. :)

If you buy the feathers for 4gp ea, you won't make any losses. You only lose your ability to buy more feathers through GE for the next few hours, nothing more.

-

On the 7th of July, Feathers were the 4th most traded item, with the volume of 34.5 million feathers traded. At their mid price, that is 138 million gp.

I'll be in Helsinki the next three days (9th-11th of July), and I'd greatly apreciate it if you'd put a buy offer for feathers so you have some ready when I come back. <3:

Bump this for me if you want to, lol. And find all the bugs from lending and the new bank tabs that come tomorrow ( :pray: ) so it'll be safe for me to use them.

Feather count: Around 200K (!!!)

Good thing I cleaned my bank earlier today, now it's time to reorganize it! If I just knew what all these buttons are for...

And will do lumby diary tomorrow :thumbup:

Edit:

Bleugh...

Just as I thought, my bank only got worse with the tabs. Can't find anything lol, and taking a proper bank picture is a pain.

Thanks to Eagle Tas for selling 100k feathers!

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/9536/1672008jx8.jpg

Figured out how to make a pretty bank picture and how to organize my bank effectively. Each row holds 10 items, so I had to put multiples of 10 to each tab. Because jagex didn't make placeholders, you should only tab items you have many of or that you never use.

Lumbridge diary was the best diary so far, as it was straight forward and didn't require any thinking. The reward is suberb: Free money from items I'd otherwise just toss away, free teleport to a herb patch, and some extra run energy.

Spent last weekend carrying 4-6 meter long planks (for repairing a leaking roof) from my grand parents' house to our summer cabin, which is located on a small island. Taking all hundreds of them across the lake with a rowboat wasn't a quick task, especially as it started raining every few hours. :thumbdown:

Atleast I found something fun to do with those rainy hours: I played Hextris with the old Mac that gathered dust in the guestroom's corner. :geek:

In runescape I have now more coins than ever before (35M) and am really ready to start hoarding feathers. I will make a supporter list to the first post to show who all have sold me feathers. I will not advertise my goal elsewhere (no RSOF or W2) so you can be sure that every feather came from TIF users.

1.3M feathers to buy till they pass maple logs and become the 3rd most traded item!

is this to make feathers the #1 mst raded item or bcuz there rising in price cuz ill start buyin feathers to make it the most traded item but ima keep the feathers

You can buy 60k feathers per day.

To make feathers the #1 most traded item, you'd have to find 220 friends who'd also buy them, every day.

And feathers aren't rising in price, as they are frozen at 4-5gp ea. It's impossible to merchant feathers because you can only make 10k every 4 hours, and that's if there is someone buying them 5gp ea.

I sold you 6k a few days ago too ::'

Got an offer in the g.e for 100k, i'll sell you them when they come through.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

evilchickenet0.jpg

Been skilling and whacking people in Edgeville, and bought a few feathers, but at this speed buying 10m of them will still take months. Some people are still thinking that buying 10m of them is a joke. :shame:

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/3453/img2430tr3.jpg

^ Btw it's real, not googled.

Going to paint some planks irl ->

evilchickenet0.jpg

Been skilling and whacking people in Edgeville, and bought a few feathers, but at this speed buying 10m of them will still take months. Some people are still thinking that buying 10m of them is a joke. :shame:

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/3453/img2430tr3.jpg

^ Btw it's real, not googled.

Going to paint some planks irl ->

wow tht comp is so small and out datted my comp screen is 14x bigger and the system is only a month old

A slaYer KiD.png

Effigies: 5

draconic visage: 1

if u rly wunt them, i owuld buy fom the store. not ge. 100x fasta

-Retired from Runescape on August 12, 2008-

Working out topic

Everything related to working out! Ask questions, get honest answers. Share your experiences, work out routines, stories, opinions, and discuss about working out! Everything :). Check it out :)

Did you even read what he said? He wants to buy from players because it's cheaper.

And for the sake of your English. Your sentence should read, "If you really want them, I would suggest buying them from a store and not through the Grand Exchange. It is so much faster."

and OT: Give us an update on the progress. =D>

DhSpedup.gif

You can only buy 50k feathers from a store at once. Buying 10M of them wouldn't only 1.5x the money I need, but I'd also need to click `Buy feathers x` 200 times. Making the extra 20m cash would also take me months. So nty.

and OT: Give us an update on the progress. =D>

I have updated the supporter list and am 28209xp away from 81 prayer. I have enough bones for 83 prayer banked and will get 124 f2p cmb at 82.

Today I'm going to repaint the planks and pack my stuffs as I'm going to the annual family minigolf tournament for the weekend. I'll be back on later today, tomorrow morning and/or on tuesday or wednesday. Maybe I'll even have a new wilderness quest to finish when I get back next week.

-> W0ot for page 2 :thumbsup: