Does hunting REALLY equal slayer?

Buckeyemange

HA! Take this! I am right!

The november behind the scenes!

Now, we know what you're thinking: ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅWhat on RuneScape can I do with all that new bank space?ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

OhioState.jpg

The GES, the only clan ruled by a Goat.

"How did it start? I mean, did one kid just yell out lets have sex!""

Well, hunting and Slayer are different, yet simliar things. You gave a good discription of them both. I do like hunting, but not as 1 skill. But as Slayer and Hunting combined to form...Hunting? Killing lol?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

i think hunting could be kinda cool for poh's (rugs and fur covered chairs?)

and would be kinda like slayer but you have to track animals and stuff and perhaps have to wear camo and stuff to help you not get detected when you hunt..

Dr_Brinner.png

they are teh same, hunting was the original name just like carpentry was the originial name of con. They changed because of the wide variety i think, hunting didn't seem suitable. Btw, i had a pelt rug suggestion, didn't recieve to much support though

i am aginst hunting, and if jagex come out with it, it would bea totally worthless skill, besides they dont have enough room on hte skill page O:)

alos, summoning and necromany, no, we are not playing dungeons and dragons, or W.o.W. or d.a.o.c. we're playing a free/5$ a month game those skills wouldnt be very impressive on jagex's runescirpt, and + couldnt they just be spells instead? and if htey do come out, every1 is happy to help them selves to my stuff, because i would quit

zezima.png

thanks for the cropping Mr Joob =]

there is a hutning its called big chompy bird hutning witch =feathers chompy mean and feather caps there you go huting skill :lol: :lol: :lol:

DoD:S ownage

what we have here is a ..um.. failur to communcate

check out my steam ID page @ alpha company

Hunting is simply killing normal, "weaker" animals for food, or for commercial purposes, etc... for survival, if you like. It involves tracking skills, and also knowledge of animal behaviour and such, and traps. Slaying revolves more around killing mystical and dangerously powerful beasts for honour and glory... and treasure.

Overall, Hunting and Slaying are quite similar, but different in many aspects. But in the end they all revolve around knowledge of the creatures you are hunting/slaying. If Hunting is going to be implemented, I think it will be a sub-set of Slayer, possibly ranging from levels 1 - 40?

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

I deffiniatly think there's a difference.. Hunting is killing for food(LAND FISHING!), while slaying is more like being assigned an assassination task(Like a bounty hunter)..

Difference, yes, but in the most basic sense they are the same, since they both involve having sufficient knowledge of various prey and attempt to use this knowledge to your advantage to destroy it. But as I said before, Hunting is killing for a living, while Slaying is killing for honour and glory.

Besides, Hunting and Slaying are way more similar than leather crafting and glass making... and I really don't think there will be much content to Hunting at high levels... think about it. If you require level 99 Hunting to kill a Giant Bear or something for its fur and meat, don't you think that would be more like SLAYING the bear, instead of HUNTING it?

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

i am aginst hunting, and if jagex come out with it, it would bea totally worthless skill, besides they dont have enough room on hte skill page O:)

alos, summoning and necromany, no, we are not playing dungeons and dragons, or W.o.W. or d.a.o.c. we're playing a free/5$ a month game those skills wouldnt be very impressive on jagex's runescirpt, and + couldnt they just be spells instead? and if htey do come out, every1 is happy to help them selves to my stuff, because i would quit

1. I'm not talking about summoning

2. Why would it be a worthless skill? Don't just say that, back yourself up!

**MORE STUFF ADDED TO FIRST POST!**

OhioState.jpg

We dont need hunting. If you wish to use animal skins and bones ,simply suggest an add on to crafting or something, we dont need a whole new skill. Plus we already have a lot of using skins set up, ( silk, bear fur). Im with the idea, but against the idea or a new skill.

silk in a skin?

silk is from silkworms duh... :roll:

jk. I was saying that it can be used in the new addition if it is release, because its pretty much useless except for quests, and making a 12 gp profit buying in alkaddy, selling in varrock clothes store :roll:

silk in a skin?

silk is from silkworms duh... :roll:

jk. I was saying that it can be used in the new addition if it is release, because its pretty much useless except for quests, and making a 12 gp profit buying in alkaddy, selling in varrock clothes store :roll:

That's me, the smartest 8th grader at my school =)

I remember the silkworm thing from a social studies video....

OhioState.jpg

There already is hunting. Go down south of Yanille and use da stabbies and da stabby chuckers and da fatsy frogs to hunt da yummy chompies.

Look, if your mom still drops you off at school, you ain't gangsta, pull up your damn pants!

142qvyv.jpg

3 down, 7 to go

There already is hunting. Go down south of Yanille and use da stabbies and da stabby chuckers and da fatsy frogs to hunt da yummy chompies.

If you were paying attention you would know we are discussing Hunting and its validity as a separate Skill, should it ever be implemented. Personally, I think it is more fitting to be a subset of Slayer... despite all its differences, they are still similar at the cores.

~Toxicologist~

• 2 weeks later...

i really wanna make this clear.

Summoning/necromancy is an addition to magic, don't even consider that a skill. Hunting became slayer, slayer was hunting. It was like carpentry and con, the range became to large so they changed the name. I don't like teh suggestion of "hunting" but trapping sounds like it could be a cool skill.

The november behind the scenes!

Now, we know what you're thinking: ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅWhat on RuneScape can I do with all that new bank space?ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

OhioState.jpg

i really wanna make this clear.

Summoning/necromancy is an addition to magic, don't even consider that a skill. Hunting became slayer, slayer was hunting. It was like carpentry and con, the range became to large so they changed the name. I don't like teh suggestion of "hunting" but trapping sounds like it could be a cool skill.

I love it when some people are completely wrong! :3>

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg