Lady Shahdie's Journey to 99 Smithing - MOVED TO THE BLOG TAB!

*ghostly voice from beyond the grave* It is I, Lady Shahdie!

No worries all! No tragedy has befallen me and no I'm not DEAD. Real life is super busy for me right now, especially when I am trying to maintain a 4.0 average in freshman year of college. I may not be able to actively play RuneScape this year. I may have to wait till next summer when I have the time to spare for RuneScape adventures. I am sure by now Samurai and OMG are RS's newest 99 miners (congrats guys). Its touching that you kept bumping my blog Foo...but no need. For a great remainder of the year it may bear no updates. I'll be back...no worries :-w

UPDATE: Been logging in the past few days and just chilling out at the mining guild. If I go on a voracious powermining spree anytime soon I'll update the blog when I reach another level.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Thanks for the great memories folks :).

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Time to post a rare update! I have leisurely mined around 70k xp this week in between writing a 7 page English essay. This leisure mining leaves me 83k away from level 84 mining...huzzah! Thanks to all of you who gave me a warm welcome back when I logged in these past 2 weeks. I've been getting pms by the truck load :D. I have also managed to up some other stats and gained a 699 skill total (just one away from an awesome 700 skill total).

I have also been pondering to start a bit of a steel bar business to earn a little smithing xp and some cash. I invested enough money to buy a stock of ores for my first 1k of steel bars. If anyone is interested in providing me enough ores for 1k of steel bars I'll pay you a nice 180 gp each for coal and 100gp each for iron ::' (please do not overload me with sales though). I'll set up some kind of a clan chat so people can easily contact me about it.

...End of Rare Update...

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Lvl 84 Mining ACHIEVED!!!

Achieving Level 84 Mining Screenshot

lsmining84uy7.jpg

Wow, I'm on a roll this week! After an entirely random session of relentless rockhitting, I happened to hit the remaining 83k of mining experience :D. That should be a sign to you doubters that I'm not planning to quit! Yes I know its not my usual Rimmy rocks site but I decided to have a change of scenery.

Not sure how the rest of this month will be for me but my mining flame is lit and it is burning strong. When I hit 85 I'll post a new picture of my current hiscore standing. As far as other blog updates, I tweaked the "Lady Shahdie in Real Life" and updated it with current information ::'. Thanks for the support blog readers!

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

That should be a sign to you doubters that I'm not planning to quit!

aye, doubters are never no good :D gl though <3:

[/url]">i_had_a_deal.png
[4Th in Finland to achieve 99 mining. 3Rd of June 2007]

Pixels make me horny.

Hey everyone! Hope all of you had a Happy Thanksgiving :D . I recently hit the 3 Mill mining experience mark! I am overjoyed and highly motivated by this. To make things even better...I am less than 100k xp from 85 mining. I can literally taste the rune ore (yuck...I mean yum rune).

My small steel bar business is working out nicely. I smith and sell at my own leisure so as not to interrupt my powermining training. Unfortunately 500k earned from the business has already been spent on death runes to train my magic level a little :roll:. I have now created a clan chat channel called: [Mining Ftw] (Mining For the Win). If you are just as crazed a miner as I am feel free to enter the channel and just chat. Those who are not on my friends list can also reach me easier this way for various things and transactions.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Ooh.I don't check back for so long and you're already at 84!?Wow only 15 levels to your goal!What're you gonna do then,though?

Anyways,thanks for the million notes of patience you gave me 'while back!Well,better not keep you from mining,see you!(Or not,whatever =P)

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

I am incredibly close to reaching the much sought after 85 mining :ohnoes:...I'll see if I can log on tommorrow and allow some friends to drop by to see the historic event :). If I am unable to log on tomorrow, you can catch me sometime Monday 1:00pm-4:00pm or Tuesday 9:00am-12:00pm. I am simply ecstatic!

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Darn I wish I was less of a relentless powerminer #-o, I was trying to wait for tomorrow or Monday so everyone could come and celebrate...well as the big text says below, I did it!

Lvl 85 Mining ACHIEVED!!!

Achieving Level 85 Mining Screenshot

lsmining85hn8.gif

Hiscores Current Rank

lvl85rankyi9.gif

Though I feel like a heel for not paying attention to the mining xp I was gaining in the mining guild during leisure mining (even cost me the level up pic)...I have made it to the ultimate level 85 mining hooray!!!!

Sorry again to Foo who wished to see it so bad but I promise an invite to my first rune mining trip and a free rune ore :D. The culmination of all my hard work finally feels so much more worth it. I truly feel like a competent 99 hopeful now. Thanks to those who have always had faith in me and have kept track of my progress so far. I feel like...

Queen of the World! *Titanic theme song plays* (okay I know Jack says "king of the world" but whatever)

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

For your blog reading enjoyment, I will now describe:

Lady Shahdie's First Real Rune Mining Run

All pictures can be found inside the hide tags.

What a blogtastic weekend this was! My first real trip...was I up to snuff? This will be the last installment in my rune mining series since it would be hard to document every trip!

(Click Here for a Description of the First Mock Trip)

(Click Here for a Description of the Second Mock Trip)

[hide=The Real Deal]realrunetrip1oo6.gif[/hide]

This was it. I had achieved 85 mining and the urge to mine some rune ore overcame me. My good friend Foo accompanied me ::'. Rather than being a bundle of nerves like I was in my practice attempts before...I felt confidence, strength, and determination. We hopped over the ditch and pressed along. We spoke jovially and did not care at this point about keeping any secrecy. I was just too darn happy...

[hide=Was That a White Dot?!]realrunetrip2nx5.gif[/hide]

We made it to Evil Altar and took a moment to recharge our prayer. We were looking forward to heading to those rocks asap. As we kneeled before the altar and requested the blessing of the RuneScape gods...a white dot appears on the radar! All the confidence, strength, and determination were immediately put the test. Foo and I prepared to scrap our way out to safety. We hover our pointers over the warrior and breath a sigh of relief...it was a level 37. Phew!

[hide=Ore for a Friend =)]realrunetrip3zb6.gif[/hide]

After making it close to the rune rocks, we went to a deserted corner and I instructed Foo to wait. I logged out and deployed...my awesome new rune rock scout! Due to the basic rules of espionage I will not reveal her name (oops already said too much :-#). I checked various worlds with my new rune rock super sleuth and finally detected one that contained rune without a pker in sight. I logged back in with my main account and instructed Foo to jump to the world I spied on. After about 3 minutes the first ore landed into my inventory and I gave it to Foo for being a best bud through thick and thin :wink:.

[hide=On a Roll!]realrunetrip4tz9.gif[/hide]

I was on a roll! My scout was working like a charm. She came into a few close encounters but I hit log out before the ruffians could 86 her. Her helpful intelligence gathering allowed me to successfully mine one ore after another within the span of an hour. After about mining 12 runite ores, I decided it was time to end the trip and bank the ore immediately. I had bid Foo farewell sometime back, so I had to make the trip back alone. Would I really be able to make it out with my precious cargo?

[hide=The Transformation is Complete.]realrunetrip5vi4.gif[/hide]

I carefully chartered a course that would take me out of the ideal pk zones. I walked and walked...trying very hard to maintain my sense of confidence, strength, and determination. Level 20 wild came closer and closer, until finally, I had made it. I pondered whether to use my telly runes or make a brave dash to the ditch. Just like last time, I decided to spare the runes and ventured back all the way to the ditch. I had done it...I had done IT. All the practice had paid off. I actually had rune ore in my inventory, had not wasted one lob or telly, and did not have a scratch on me! Thus my transformation is complete. I am...

A Rune Miner

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Hey all! Haven't been gaining much mining xp, only 30k recently. However, I have been enjoying a nice rune mine trip every so often. I've profited 300k in 2 days from the prescious light blue ore :mrgreen: (yes I know you rune mining pros will chime in and say you make tons more than that but I'll take my 300k anyday, thank you very much). In other news, I'm level 70 combat now! I'm not much of warrior so another 10 combat levels is a big achievement for me ::'. I'll see if I can post another bank picture soon.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Omg!85 mining and already rune mining!?And 70 combat is fine for fending of pk noobs too =P

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Grats on the 85 mining! And already you are a better rune miner than myself. <3:

Keep up the good work.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Hey all...just going to give some mini-updates today! New bank picture is up and my mage level has jumped from the low 40s all the way to 55 :shock:. This was thanks to a couple thousand death and nature runes bought off the Grand Exchange with my rune mining moolah...he, he, he. Might not get much time to train next week, got mid-terms coming up. Pray my RS friends that I do well :pray:.

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~

Update time! Got one mid-term out of the way and got a chance to log on the other day...took a rune mining trip or two and mined about 20k xp worth of coal. I decided to spend some of my rune mining profits on runecrafting experience, hence my big jump from 1 to 39 runecraft :). I'm sorely missing my powermining sessions at the moment but education calls and I must answer it...*ring* *ring*

Oh the phone!

(According to the caller ID its Education...catch you all later!)

99miningnewsig.gif

~Retired 13-July-2010~