Extinction Of Dust Devils For One Single Item - 99 Range

rangershooting2.gifDust Devils Beware

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Table Of Contents:

• Diary - This Post (Top)

Pictures - This Post (Middle)

Count Up Of All Drops - This Post (Bottom)

Special Thanks - This Post (Bottom)

Drop Log -
Click Here (URL has been proven safe by The_Sith of the Tip.it staff)

Weekly Diary

Day 73 - 99 Range

Sweet. Finally reached my all time goal today. After several hours of finishing up some extra xp I was ready to get my well earned level. The picture didn't come out as I wanted, but I am pleased anyway. I know some of you want to see my bank pic and I will post that up tommorow. For now, off to pk.

Day 70 - 21,000+ Kills

Today I started the day off by updating the drop log. I cam back from vacation the other day (which was awsome) and started trying to catch up on range. Went mage banking a few times so kinda fell behind but otherwise pretty on track for 99. Only 1,400 more dusties and 600k xp. Gunna keep trying to pull off 200k xp a day and hopefully be having a pic to show you guys in a few days. Well off to go range again, cya.

Day 64 - 98 Range

Started off the day with having around 40k xp untill 98 range. Quickly pulled this off and there I was one level closer and one level away. It's wierd but it seems that right before a level I always slack off. Not sure how this works but it always happens. I am about a day off a level, but it takes me 2-3... Well anyways 99 should take about another week but I am going on vacation again so I will give it two weeks. Let's hope for a chain!

Day 63 - Left Half

Well today was pretty much like any other day. Getting closer and closer to 98 and out of no where I see an oddly shaped red item. Well what do you know, it was a left half. Almost picked it up but remembered I needed a pic. Can't really say I was happy, but at least it wasn't like a spear. Sigh, guess I will have to kill like 10,000 more now lol.

Day 61

Was gone all this week backpacking near Mt. Whitney so I did not really update the log or kill many dust devils. Was pretty fun, ran into a bear and such but I am happy to be back. Pulled out over 300k range xp today and hopefully I can keep this going for a few days and quickly finish up with 99 range. Got a new bike so I plan to play less runescape, hence why I want to finish this whole thing up pretty fast. Also decided that I want to keep going untill about 13.5 million xp so the log will continue slightly after 99 range. That's it for now. Cya

Yay 97 Range

WHEE finally got 97 range today. Only two more levels left till 99 so log should be ending soon =(. Leaving for a week to go rock climbing so won't be updating for a short while. Other than that not much this week. Cya in a week tip.it

Runescape... Really Does Hate Me - Day 56

Well started out the day by finishing by last c bow. Went to get it reacharged, got some pots made and headed to fight caves. Got there, was going well, then on wave 58 got distracted and wadda ya know? I died! Well I got very upset, but I decided to try again. Several hours later I am once again head to head with jad. Switching going well, but OOOH here come the healers. Attack each one by one, then line them up. WOW this is going great I actually did it and im still alive! Keep attacking jad but oh... wait... this wasn't written about in any guide... jad is healing! Well [cabbage] there went all my pots and my last c bow. Gunna try one or two more times... anyways nearly 17k killed, 300k till 97 range, and 1 bow needs breaking..

Major Update - Day 50

Well, I kind of let this post die, but behind the scenes I was still ranging away. After looking today and seeing that it was still alive, I decided I might as well post all the recent kills. Day 50.. 15,130 dust devils killed, 1 chain. Still pretty good though, when I got the chain, I quickly sold it for two santas, and I am happy to report that they each grew ten million in the past month so now my porfits have doubled!@!@! Anyways, 120 from 96 range, still no fire cape :wall: but I have not given up yet. Will try again in a few days when internet speeds up. Anyways, enjoy, I am also looking for ways to take the log off of tip.it to speed this up but I doubt many will trust it... so well see.

Fire Cape? - Day 40 - 42

So this week, after finally getting 93 range, I decided to go for the infamous Fire Cape *oohs ahhs*. Watched some videos that muggi had posted on here, and got pretty confident. Borrow veracs, fury, obby cape. Well.. All in all, this weekend, all I got from it was the best way to get to jad. First time, I died because I panicked at healers, second time... well lets just leave it at the dots, and third time I did not take the right pots with me and ended up dieing with 0 sara brews and 8 super restores. Was quite sad because it was going pretty much perfectly. So, I have decided to post pone the fire cape for a week or two so I have time to break my c bows. This week I will also be taking a break from rangind :o . My clan has started a week long training competition, and I am to win it. Sadley, it is not a ranging competition, and I will be force to take of my facemask for several days. Also, the log will now have to be spread out between several pages because I have run out of space.. Anyways, cya all in a week.

Dragon Chain Day

Omfg is all I can say... what would you say if you killed 11,000 dust devils and finally gotten a drag chain... I think you would say the same. Right now I am happy beyond beliefe, I have now secured 94 magic.. Anyways, I will keep going for 99 range and wish to thank all of yo who have supported me. This is a great day to remember!

Day 31 - What A Day

Was pretty bored today.. Bike got jacked a few days ago so all I did was sit at home =(. So I went to dusties and pulled in a big day. Got 91 range which is a great start to my one level a week goal. Already pulled in over 100k xp for 92 range, and I still have tomorow so the goal is right on track. Getting alot of coin drops, but that's usual. Anyways, the darts are going well, still getting about 34k xp per hour. Well thats all for now enjoy.

Day 29 - Sweeeeet Goal One Accomplished

So this week has been a great success. Didn't get that elusive chain, but... I did finally accomplish one of my goals which was to get 90 range. This has taken me quite some time, and I am ecstatic about reaching the level. I also planned out the next month or so, school has finally calmed down, so I plan to play about three hours a day now, which should be around 100k xp a night, which is the equivalent of a level a week. At this rate, I should have 94 range in no time. Other than that, nothin new, tryin' out how darts work, doubt I will see a difference though, starting to run low on money as well, but I will try and conquer that battle when it comes around. Laters

Day 25 - Yay For School

So for the last few days I have been working on a huge project. I had to write out my faimly history in a book, had four months to do it, but waited untill there was a week left =s. So because of this, I have not been able to update and kill dusties, but I am back again, and have killed a ton here and there. I also got 89 range, and only 300k till 90 range =). Looks like 96 range will be the best, but I will start deciding when I get 92. Com'n chain!!

Day 21 - Rs Hates Me

No doubt, this weekend was one of the worst. Most of my kills were plain coins, and I barely got any half keys. I'm starting to develop a theory where if you created your account in rsc then you have the worst luck in the game, that, or your luck is predetermined when you start the game. Maybe I am going crazy, but who knows except for Andrew. Otherwise, I am close to having 5k kills. Powered through this weekend, and now only have 2.1k dusties till 90 range :wink: . After considering it for a while, I think I may go for 99 range. Wouldn't 99 range 99 range be ownage for a 112 (other than it's ownage already). It's only 20k more dusties. But I will think about it. Anyways thats it for now.

Day 19 - 4000 Killed

Finally! another 1k dusties finished off. I did a tip.it calc count and I have 3k more dusties untill level 90 range. I think I can do 1.5k a week so in 2 weeks hopefully I will have a d chain to start off my mage training. I have been pking alot and I have a few big group projects coming up and I might stop doing dusties for a few days, but I will try to put in at least an hour a day. Considering just staying there untill I get a chain but we will see. Wish me luck.

Day 16

I finally got back from my weekend out, and it was awsome. Spent a few hours killing and my luck sucked today. Mostly I got coins, and they decided to throw in some herbs here and there. I have 2 huge projects coming up in 3 weeks so I will be working on those for some time. Hopefully my spirits can be lifted with a chain.

It's Back!!

Yes, the log is back. For the last few months I have been working on my combat skills (str att def) and I am happy to announce that I am now on my last 100 magix axes to having my goals be done. I decided to level them because mage bank pking has become impossible, and now that I am practically done it is time to continue on my way to 90 range at the beloved dusties (who still haven't shared the love :cry: ). Anyways, I will start killin em again tommorow so stay tuned for the log to continue. Also, at 90 range I will have the log to 8000 kills. Wish me luck =).

Day 13

Been working on a new site the last few days, and today is the first time I got on in about a week. Went p2p pking with a bunch of people, and decided that I should get my range to at least 90, so that's my new goal now. Before I started, I decided that I would stay till 85 range, and have a chain by then. Well today, I reached 85 range =) =) =). But, sadly, still no chain. So I will keep trying, calc says 5k more dusties till 90 range, so there is still time.

Day 12

Well I have finally had a full free day. Got 102 combat in the last few days so pretty happy about now. Now to add to that I hope to get these hp and range levels. I have now decided that I should also go for 90 range (h), and hopefully get a chain by then. I ahve also decided that knives are the best way to train range and will continue to do this with them. Other than that thats all.

Day 10

I started a little earlier today. Finished off with a nice range level then went to buy arrows. Then I decided that since I was planning to change styles I went on the forums and bought myself 15k iron knives for 600k. So far, these knives are pure ownage, they kill faster than when I was ranging with steel arrows. So far so good, hopefully my average per night will go up maybe 250 per night, will just take time to see. I've also decided that once I get my first chain I will tally up everything, I may also go for a second one so I can pay off everything I've used so far =), but we will see how I will feel after the first one.

Day 9

Well today I only started at around 9 o'clock with 300 steel arrows. During the weekdays I can only average maybe 100 kills a day, hopefully I can put in a few more somewhere, but with biking and homework, it doesn't leave me much time. I am planning to buy a ton of steel arrows tommorow, so if you have any inexpensive steel arrows, please tell me. Anyways, im done for the night, and little under 100 kills today. Nothing that good.

Day 7

Well still no chain. I think that after this, I will start writting logs weekly. Anyways, I am getting low on arrows, went out with 1.3k steel today, so I will leave to buy some more soon. Maybe even downgrade to iron or something, i'll see how fast I can kill em with iron. Anyways enjoy, Ill keep updating the log every few days.

Day 6

Yay it's friday again. It's raining outside, so I can't go biking, so I am just gunna kill dust devils today. I have about 3k steel arrows left, but these are starting to pay off. Im up to 34k fire runes, and 1k rune arrows now. Plus I can't complain about the close to 200k cash. I've gotten some nice levels in the last few days, and today I am planning to get a range level. Hopefully I will be done with this goal, when I finally hit 86 range. Anyways, I will have to go and buy some more arrows and minds soon, so I can't really stay here long.

Day 5

Well right now I am killing the last few dust devils as I type. This is getting quite boring, but I can't really complain about the range levels. I have combined 2 days into one, and that is why day 5 is so long. Well i'm off to bed now, night.

Day 4

Finally, I can get out of bed. So I spent the last week all in bed, and finally the antibiotics are starting to work. School starts tomorrow so I plan to play 2 hours a day max from now on. So anyways, I had some free time today, so I got on and ranged a few, most of my time was spent pking though, but once I finally got to ranging it went well. Didn't really get much good stuff, but the fire runes are starting to add up. Enjoy.

Day 3

Well first off, Merry Christmas To All!. Anyways, I woke up today being sick, so now I am home alone, no tree, sick on Christmas Eve. So I'm using the leftover arrows from yesterday. Didn't really get much except a half key today. Still feel real bad typing this. Hopefully will be better tommorow. Hehe also got my second Frog Random today. Last tiem I got one, I was in agility arena, then got pked =(.

Day 2

Today I decided to use the normal way of ranging, the arrows. So I grabbed 8k steel out of my bank and headed out. It started out kinda laggy (due to the fact that many dls were going), and it was a big pain to always have to run and pick up the arrows. It gave me a really short time inbetween spawns and the lag didn't help much either. About 2 hours in some lvl 106 logged in and started to try and take my dusties, I hate when this happens, and do not give in easily, so I started taking all the Dust Devils in the area. After a while he left (cross ftw) and I kept ranging normally. In all I think the next time I go I might consider recharging the Crystal Bows, but I still have over 6k Sreel Arrows left, so I geuss I will see how it is without the lag. Oh and btw I quickly type in the last drop while I am killing a dust devil so no time lost there.

Day 1

Today I started out pretty late, after finally getting 65 slayer on Fire Giants. Remembering how annoying it was to pick up arrows there, I decided to try an expensive, but worthwhile method of using the Crystal Bow. So I went to west Runescape, and charged myself 2 bows. Now I am off. I get to the Dust Devils, and find that I have no Idea where the safe spot is. I run around, and around, and around, but there aren't even any peopel down there! (hence why I am so lonely =)). So I decided to ask some friends, and lucky one of them could help me. I start ranging and thing, wow this is awsome, but.. why do I need this facemask if they don't even get near me. So being the smart one that I am, I decided to take it off. Little did I know, 2 seconds later all my stats are at 0. Awsome. So I had to tele to Al Kharid, duel someone, and then I was off again.

The Begining

So this week, after doing many barrows runs, I finallly got bored and decided to do slayer. While doing it, I decided to get 65 slayer so I could train at dust devils. So I started training, getting a few Fire Giant Assignments along the way, and I was lucky enough to hit luck on one of them when I got a left half as a drop. Well that made my spirits rise, so now I am on the long quest of getting the Dragon Chain off of a Dust Devil. Sure you can get one faster by making money or killing the Queen Kalphite, but whats the fun in that? :lol: So as lonely as I am down here, I have decided to make a log (yes there are many before but mine will probably be around 5k kills) and in this log, I plan to use many different ranging weapons.

Pictures

99 Range

99rangeid9.png

96 HP

96hpee4.png

98 Range

98rangeua4.png

Shield Left half

lefthalf2qz3.png

97 Range:

97rangeve9.png

95 Range:

95range7hb.png

Drag Chain:

dragchainedited3vv.png

Totals:

tip0ff.png

92 Range

92range1bj.png

91 Range

91range0ox.png

90 Range!

90range4xo.png

89 Range

89range3sf.png

87 Range

87range7sd.png

86 Range

86range9pl.png

85 Range Woot

85range1yp.png

Where I Kill:

dusties7ts.png

Special Thanks:

These are just some of the groups, and people that have supported me in my venture:

Tip.iters - Thanks for all your guys feedback and comments

Merchants - Thank you all who I have bought knives from

Former WSC Members - Who have supported me and taunted me :P from the start.

Mk - For keeping me sane during the looong hours

Philip Kolar - Does he even need an explanation? =p But thank you for helping with the modifictions, very appreciated.

548dba32.gif

.:: RSC Product ::.

.:: 116 Combat ::.

.:: 1777 Overall ::.

.:: Biggest Single Drop Log Ever ::.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like you are averaging around 20 dust devils per 1/10 of charge. That doesn't sound unusual. I tend to get about 10 red dragons per 1/10.

I assume you found a safe spot. That's the best way to find out where they are is to find someone else ranging or hallying.

I've never tried taking my face mask off other than once I was getting ready to telly to do a bank run anyways.

It does get lonely down there, but keep your eye on the prize. Good luck. Maybe I'll see you there. I'm working on 72 slayer myself for those new monsters.

mcguff1.png

I get to the Dust Devils, and find that I have no Idea where the safe spot is. I run around, and around, and around, but there aren't even any peopel down there! (hence why I am so lonely =)). So I decided to ask some friends, and lucky one of them could help me.

you shoulda read this. :)

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=373132

magecape,Mo%20Gui%20Gui.gif

mo%20gui%20gui.gif

camp there for days, go and buy like 20k arrows... and then get a picture when you have like 3 crystal keys and a big stack of cash and a buncha other stuff, so it looks cool :P

Bring like 150 nats so you can high alch all those other items too :P

It will pay for irons arrows, maybe steel :D

omg dude your amazing...keeping track of every single kill.. thats so cool to see your log. keep up the good work. gl on getting that chain dude. :D

bucksig2lt0.png

1103'rd to 99 crafting

830th to 99 herblore

~!~ Master Merchant ~!~