Favorite Anime Series

kevinfangs

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've just finished watching Visions of Escaflowne, it was alright but after seeing it all, i realised that it was incredibly cheesey :oops:

I'm watching Blue Gender now, much better, quite gory though

i pretty much watched More than Half of the Gundam series now (First,Z,ZZ,Wing,Seed,Destiny)

Watching School Rumble second season \ Kyo kara Maou \ Tsubasa Chronicle

Gatekeepers 21 was depressing. with such a bright ending on the first season ended up with a very dark opening of 21

Im planning on watching Shizumiya Haruhi no Yatuu/ Evangelion and Full Metal Panic

hopefully i might watch other more series since i started playing Super Robot Wars :P

812569705b20e3cf93654d3f5d8730e6.gif

Stunner is in the house! Make some noise please?

Evangelion was ok, it pretty much failed by getting its head too far up its own [wagon] in symbolism and confusing people as to what the ending actually meant.

It's definately worth watching but it definately is overated

Are you kidding me? The ending of Evangelion series didnt make sense at all, nor did it have anything with symbolism. The director of the series had a nervous breakdown, and the low quality of episodes 25 and 26 were the result. Go watch The End of Evangelion.

Dragonball Z does count as anime.

Are you kidding me? The ending of Evangelion series didnt make sense at all, nor did it have anything with symbolism. The director of the series had a nervous breakdown, and the low quality of episodes 25 and 26 were the result. Go watch The End of Evangelion.

I was talking about The End of Evangelion.

Episodes 25 and 26 end with all the characters congratulating Shinji for seizing victory over himself. - my opinion

The end of evangelion shows what really happens with the human instrumentality project coming into action.

Episodes 25 and 26 are open to different interpretations which is why you need to watch the movie to get a better insight.

And the show is full of symbolism, especially episodes 25 and 26.

You dont need to watch The End of Evangelion to understand episode 25 and 26. The End of Evangelion was the original 25 and 26, but the director decided to practically ruin the series because of all the death threats and letters he got from the fans.

The end of evangelion shows what really happens with the human instrumentality project coming into action, and so did Death and Rebirth.

Episodes 25 and 26 are not open to different interpretations, they only represent one thing : the director's schiznophrenic episodes and his mental illness (his nervous breakdown). Pretty much the entire show is based off that.

Symbolism? The Spear of Longinus (the spear that pierced Jesus Christ's heart), The MAGI (the wise old men), the Tree of Life (the Sephirothic system), Rei, Shinji and Asuka representing the Ego, Superego and the ID (not in particular order), all that stuff was added just to make the series look good and help in construct the plot. That is not symbolism.

The show is still worth watching.

Detective conan is good too...

Umm... that one show with "Mel the female android" was pretty good too... um outlaw star i think its called.