OTET Present: Tip.it Celebrity Challenge!

Bubsa

Think you have...

_X%20Factor.jpg

You're darn tootin' you have!

That's why the smashing folk at the Off Topic Event Team present to you:

\'TIP.IT CELEBRITY CHALLENGE! \'

That's right! Now you have the chance to flash your Falsetto, folly your vocal folds and reign supreme as tip.it's premier singing sensation!

But hold on to your kah bah gees, it's not that simple. You'll have to impress the darkest, most sinister, evil, kiniving and dispicable judge in the history of everythingness. Me! That's right, Bubsa!

bubscowelloc9.gif

Picture may appear different to Bubsa's true description

Now that I have you trembling through to your toesees, let me list the order of events:

• 1) Open auditions are held for all tip.it members.

People may submit one entry in which
Weezcake, How2PK, and myself will judge upon. If the entrant receives two "Yes" votes or more, they proceed to the next round.

2) All second round entrants must perform 2 songs (or more, depending on the quantity of entrants) to be judged again. The judges will decide 12 entrants to proceed into the elimination finals.

3) Here comes the fun part! Judges delegate 4 wannabe idols between them to act as their mentor. The judge's role of mentor includes helping with song selection, production and performance. However, ultimately the choice of song etc. lies with you, the performer

4) Each entrant performs 1 song. Tip.it members are encouraged to vote for their favourite idol to progress further in the competition. If a poll can't handle 12 options, rounds will be split into 2 heats of 6. The two idols who receive the least amount of votes go to the judges vote. The idol who the judges want to keep will stay in the competition, the other, goes home.

5) As the competition progresses, genre themes may be introduced and idols may perform more than 1 song.

6) The final 3 idols will perform 3 songs in the finale. One favourite from the competition already performed (choice may stretch back to the heats), one original number not performed, and one pre-determined song for all to sing individually

7) The idol with the most votes in the finale will be crowned Tip.it Celebrity Champion with a custom rank!

Now, I know we all hate rules (Booo! Hiss!!) but here are just a few to help you out:

You may only enter the open auditions with one entry. Choose wisely! (We haven't got all day!)

You may only enter mp3 recordings. It just helps us with distribution, bandwidth, etc.

You may enter as part of a duo, trio or group!

You may not perform original numbers. Sorry about this, but it needs to be a level playing ground. While most of us can attempt to sing, songwriting is a very advanced skill. You may, however, perform unique cover versions of songs, but not parodies.

You may partake in banter and psychological warfare between other contenstants, but not perform personal flaming, particularly in one's music preference. Remember, this is an all round competition, so if you flame rock one week, and have to perform a rock ballad the next, you're screwed.

And finally...

You must enjoy yourself! :P

Think you've got the voice of an angel, but the computer abilities of an iPod manufacturer?

Not to worry! I've composed a tutorial which you can find HERE which teaches you how to record, upload and even edit your voice!

Upload your mp3 of you singing and either post it here for public affection, or PM the link to one of the 3 judges. Some good file hosting services are in the tutorial.

Good luck smegheads! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I ask a few questions...

When is the deadline for round one?

*Edit* Question 2 was answered in the tutorial *bangs head*.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

Hah, can't wait to get the first singers in my PM-box! :twisted:

Hehe. Good luck everybody! :)

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

As mentioned in the tutorial, you're allowed to have instrumental backings. Whether that's you playing the instrument, it doesn't matter. However, it cannot be a unique composition (ie. play an existing piece). For the open auditions, you don't have to submit an entry with music in it - you won't be marked up or down either for doing so.

There's no real deadline as yet. Once the ball gets rolling, I'll set one well in advance.

So, (I'm getting confused now as well. :P) you can preform Bohemian Rhapsodey on the music of Genie in a Bottle, but you can't like use your own written music and sing an existing song on it?

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I'd love to participate! ^o^ I have an awesome tenor range and some vibratto to back that up. I was actually going to do an Italian piece, Sebben Crudele, because I absolutely love that song.

Unfortunately, my computer hates me, and anything I record comes out all furzy and the volume is like real low. I screamed into the mic for a while and I could barely hear it unless my ear was to the speaker.

I even did a fortississimo bass version of Caro Mio Ben (kinda scary, I dropped my range lower than I thought it could go). and it came out like a bunch of quiet, angry bees.

I'm going to try to work out some of the issues my computer has, but if I can't, it's Hammer Time. Literally. This thing is about five or six years old, time for a new one. Only the HTS (Hammer Through the Screen) can convince my parents to buy a new one though.

We don't rebel to sell it just suits us well, we're the bright young things.

So, (I'm getting confused now as well. :P) you can preform Bohemian Rhapsodey on the music of Genie in a Bottle, but you can't like use your own written music and sing an existing song on it?

Pretty much. You can't use original stuff, because it's testing your singing mainly, and original songs aren't a level playing ground. But you can be as creative as you want with existing songs, like that extremely intriguing mash-up you proposed! :P

For the open auditions it doesn't have to be the whole song. In fact, 90 seconds of any part of it would be ideal.

Sorted. Let's hope my webcam microphone does the job :ohnoes:

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

Looks like I'm going to have to take the crown again this year.

Last year I won the idol competetion at my high school and I'd like to take it to the next level. Of course it was more based on popularity instead of actual talent so I'm going to be at a definite disadvantage.

I've already got my song selected, just got to get home and start recording. Watch out everyone :wink:

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.

Watch out everyone :wink:

:ohnoes:

Erm.. Bubsa, is there also coming up a challenge without voice? :) Like, making your own guitar or drum solo or make it digital (FL Studio, Reason)? Or do I need to post in the TET Board for that <.< ?

20a7yhg.jpg

At least, I think that.

Erm.. Bubsa, is there also coming up a challenge without voice? :) Like, making your own guitar or drum solo or make it digital (FL Studio, Reason)? Or do I need to post in the TET Board for that <.< ?

There could very well be. If this turns out to be a success then the idea you suggested would be a logical follow up.

Ragen, thank you! It takes a lot of balls to be the first one up for judging and you did it. You'll hear from the judges shortly.

I would give it a shot...but...I have no singing ability whatsoever. After the first round is over, do you think you could let us download all the entries (with the singer's permission of course)? It'd just be fun to listen to some people.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

You can listen to mine if you want :D .

I had originally intended to wait and see how high the standard was before entering, but then I when no-one else entered I thought I might start it off. It's a cover of Queens Bohemian Rhapsody if you're interested. Well half cover, I missed a bit in the middle as it needed a second singer.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!