Dr.Toxic's Easy guide to any level Farming!

drtoxic

Welcome to my easy guide to any level Farming!

This guide is compiled from my knowledge of farming, and all the lessons and tips and tricks I learned when I started farming, so that you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have to make the same mistakes I did! That being said, this is a strategy guide showing the fastest routes to any level farming... it doesn't offer much info on hops, specials, etc.

Farming ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s a skill that very few people enjoy in Runescape, in fact, at the time I write this ONLY 75 PEOPLE IN THE ENTIRE GAME OF RUNESCAPE have lvl 99 farming! But it is a skill that can provide you great benefits and rewards if you have the patience to do it!

Most of the reason anyway, that people donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t enjoy farming, is because their impression of the skill is formed in the lower, and relatively unrewarding and boring levels of the skill. And that, my friends, is why I bring you this guide! Hopefully, with the knowledge I have learned from the extensive farming I have done, Farming will be much less boring and more rewarding to you!

This guide is done in the following format-

There are 8 stages to getting to any level farming above 57, and of course, less than 8 stages if you are shooting for a lvl less than 57ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ These stages are:

1-Potatos and onions

2-Cabbage and Tomatos

3-Sweetcorn

4-Your first trees

5-Strawberries

6-Second tree batch

7-Watermelons

8-Final stage (lvl 57+)

Each stage will be one post. Of course, if you are already a certain farming level, feel free to jump in wherever you like in the guide :)

On each post, I will describe 3 different paths you can take to complete the stage. These paths are:

A. The Poor ManÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s path- Take this path if you have very little money, and you want to level your farming without spending anything on it.

B. The Middle-Ground- I recommend this path- take this path if you have some money that you are willing to spend on farming, (anywhere from 200k to a mil or more) but you are looking to make that money back in the longer run, and maybe turn some profit.

C. The High RollerÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s path- Take this path if you have plenty of money to spend on farming, and want to level it as fast as possible.

(*NOTE* To begin on the poor manÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s path you must have at least 38 Thieving in order to Thieve from the Master Farmers in Ardougne or Draynor Village Square. 38 Thieving can be obtained very easily, and if you have 40 or so hitpoints or more, it only takes about an hour and a half or two hours to get.)

LetÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s begin!

Table of Contents:

1st Post: Introduction to Guide (You're reading it)

2nd Post: Locations we will be using -Allotments

3rd Post: Locations we will be using -Trees

4th Post: Super compost and the Farming Clock

5th Post: Other Farming tips, tricks, and important info

6th Post: Stage 1

7th Post: Stage 2

8th Post: Stage 3

9th Post: Stage 4

10th Post: Stage 5

11th Post: Stage 6

12th Post: Stage 7

13th Post: Stage 8 and onward

14th Post: Conclusion

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To start farming you will first need some essential equipment. Most everything I speak of here will be done at allotment patches or tree patches. I will speak of allotment patches first.

There are four different allotment patches that you can use, and the more you use at once, the faster your farming level will go up. Start with the Falador/Draynor Village Patch first (which I will list first here), and then depending on your magic level or the quests you may have done, include as many other allotment patches as you feel comfortable with. The 4 locations of allotment patches are:

Falador/Draynor Village Allotment:

fallyallot.jpg

This allotment (and the Catherby/Cammy tele one if you have the level) is the first allotment you should use, as it is accessible to the lowest level player who hasnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t done many quests. You can get here quickly by teleporting to falador and then walking out of the Fally south gate and east to the patch, but my much preferred way is to use a charged ammy of glory if you have done the heroÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s quest, and tele to draynor village. The patch is actually closer to draynor village, especially since you can use the fence hop shortcut to walk diagonally to the patch, and the tele puts you right next to a bank. This allotment also works very nicely if you are taking the Poor ManÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s path and thieving your seeds from the Master Farmers in Draynor.

Camelot teleport/Catherby Allotment:

cammyallot.jpg

This allotment is probably the most useful if you have the mage level to cammy tele. It is also the closest to a bank out of all the allotments.

Ardougne Teleport/East Ardougne Allotment:

ardyallot.jpg

This allotment is one of the farther ones from a bank, and is a little ways to walk, but it still greatly helps if you are trying to raise your level quickly.

Ectophial Teleport/Port Phasmatys Allotment:

phasyallot.jpg

Like the ardougne allotment, this is relatively far from a bank, HOWEVER, it is not far at all from a teleport, so if you can fit it, bring what u need when you tele there. Just make sure you refill your ectophial!

Each allotment area is set up like so:

allotment.jpg

The allotment patches are where you plant things like potatos, onions, etc. (3 seeds at a time) The herb patches, of course, are where you plant herbs. (1 seed at a time) The protection flower/limpwurt root patch is where you plant exactly that. (1 seed at a time)

Whenever you go to an allotment patch, make sure you have:

-a rake

-a seed dibber

-a spade

-the compost/super compost you will use for the seeds

-the farmer payments if you choose to use that route

-any baskets or sacks you may need to harvest

-You actually DO NOT need a watering can with the strategies I am giving you ;) I know, you can thank me for not having to water later.

Any of this equipment (except for super compost) can be bought from farming stores located near the draynor village and catherby allotments. Tools can also be stored with Tool Leprechauns, located near every farming patch.

To plant something at an allotment patch, first use your rake on the patch to clear the weeds. Then either use super compost or regular compost with the patch once it is clear. If you use regular compost, make sure you pay the farmer to watch your crops so that you do not need to keep track of them. If you use super compost, make sure you have the appropriate protection flower in the middle. (fully grown) If you have the flower for protection from disease, you can walk away- you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t need to water super-composted seeds.

Things shouldnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t die on you if you do this, (except for herbs which have no protection) but if they do, you have to ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâuseÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ a spade on them to dig them up.

**ALSO!** Keep in mind that if you do the "My arm's big adventure" quest, you gain access to an herb patch where herbs cannot get diseased - MEANING THEY WILL ALWAYS GROW AND GIVE A HARVEST! you can access the patch easily through a Trollheim tele, just make sure you use super compost to get the most out of each herb seed :)

The other types of patches we will be using will be the fruit tree and regular tree patches.

There are 4 locations of the fruit trees, and you can choose which ones to use based on your magic level and quests. The locations are:

FRUIT TREES

Cammy Tele/Catherby Fruit Tree patch:

cammyfruit.jpg

This is one of the easiest accessible fruit tree patches, since it is relatively close to both Catherby bank and the camelot tele spot.

Gnome Glider/Gnome Stronghold at Grand Tree Fruit tree patch:

treefruit.jpg

This fruit tree patch is close to a bank, and easily accessible if you have done the quest that gives you access to the gnome glider, since you can duel ring from anywhere to the duel arena, and take the gnome glider to the grand tree from there. Then you just go out the front door of the tree and keep going south for a little while and youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re there.

Another way to get to the gnome stronghold fruit tree patch is to do varrock telly, then walk into varrock castle courtyard northwest corner. Go under the tunnel through the wall (requires 21 agility i believe) and towards the spirit tree a little northwest of the shortcut. (Be careful not to walk into wildy, especially if u have expensive stuff on!! Heed the warning signs!) Take the spirit tree to tree gnome village, then the tree again to gnome stronghold. You will be a few feet from the fruit tree patch.
-Thank you Mindthrower

Ardougne Tele/Brimhaven Fruit Tree patch:

ardyfruit.jpg

This patch is very useful, and is easily accessible by taking a boat ride from the south Ardougne docks for 30gp.

Ardougne or Spirit Tree tele/Tree Gnome maze Fuit Tree patch:

mazefruit.jpg

To be completely honest, not once in my entire trek to 75 farming did I ever use this fruit tree patch. I suppose you could if you were willing to get your farming up a little bit faster, by tele-ing to ardougne and walking south, or by taking a spirit tree to the inside of the maze and walking out, but I have personally found no practical use for this patch since it is so far away. **Correction** A big thank you to Ikraz66 for this:

just looking quickly, i'd like to add something. You said that the fruit tree patch outside tree gnome village maze is impractical to use. this is not true. Most people dont realize that once you have started tree gnome village quest you never need to do the maze again. From the inside of the maze, right near the beginning, talk to the gnome who teleports you right outside to 3 steps from the tree patch. The gnome on the outside teleports you back so that you can get back to the spirit tree network.

There are also 5 locations you can go to for growing regular trees (oak, maple, willow, yew, etc.)

REGULAR TREES

Varrock Tele/Varrock Tree patch:

varrocktree.jpg

Tele to varrock and you only have to walk to just outside the northern palace. This patch is both near to a bank and a teleport, and very useful.

Falador Teleport/Falador patches:

There are actually two regular tree patches in or near Falador, as you can see in this map here-

fallytree.jpg

One is almost directly in front of the bank near the mining guild, and the other is a short walking distance out the front gate on the road towards Taverly.

Gnome Glider/Gnome Stronghold at Grand Tree Regular tree patch:

grandtree.jpg

A little farther south and west of the fruit tree patch here is a regular tree patch. Again, this is easily accessible using the gnome glider.

Lumbridge Tele/Lumby Tree patch:

lumbytree.jpg

You can easily reach this patch with a Lumbridge or Home Teleport.

Whenever you go to a Fruit or Regular Tree patch, make sure you have:

-a rake

-a gardening trowel

-a spade

-the super compost you will use for the tree patch

-the farmer payment

-The seedling of the tree/trees you will be planting

-A Woodcutting axe to cut down your previous tree at the patch

To plant either fruit or regular trees, you will first have to turn your seeds into saplings. To do this, you need: (for each tree seed)

-A plant pot

-Your gardening trowel

-A filled watering can

Take your tree seed and ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâuseÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ it with your plant pot, planting the seed. Then, water the potted seed once. Now wait a minute or two, and within a few minutes, that potted seed will become a seedling or sapling ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãânow you are ready to plant it. Head to the tree patch you wish to plant the seed at, and rake it clear of weeds. If you already have another tree planted there, use your woodcut axe to cut it down until it is a stump, then quickly use your spade on the stump to dig up the tree. Once the patch is cleared, fertilize it with SUPER COMPOST (donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t use regular, IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll explain why shortly) and plant the sapling in the patch. Then speak to the farmer nearby and give them the payment to watch your tree. If you do not pay the farmer to watch the tree, you will need secateurs to heal it if it becomes diseased, and you can expect to spend a LONG time keeping an eye on each tree. (Fruit trees take upwards of 12 hours each to grow, but give BIG amounts of experience, regular trees take less time to grow)

Now why should I use Super compost for trees, you ask?ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ Well itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s because of the way the ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬Åfarming clock" works. The farming clock is something that may be casually observed by the average farmer, but if you understand how it works, it can actually give you a pretty good advantage at gaining exp a little faster. The farming clock is the internal game clock that says when patches grow to their next stage. For example, most allotments have the beginning stage, where they are planted seeds, then the first growth stage, where you can see the plant starting to grow, then the second growth stage where you can start to see the fruit, then the final stage, where you can pick the fruit. The progression to the next stage is all determined by the farming clock, and I like to call each progression of the clock a ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅticÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

One last thing I want to note here in the important info section is the farming tree. Especially if you are using the Poor ManÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s route, this is a very handy little chart I made, showing what is used as payments to farmers for watching your crops. The numbers along the lines are units of the harvested crop. If the harvest can be put into a sack or basket, then that number corresponds to the number of baskets or sacks. For exaple, the line connecting potatos to onions says ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹Ãâ2ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢. This means you need 2 sacks of potatos to pay the farmer to watch each crop of onions you grow. The line connecting Palms to Magic trees says 25, meaning you need 25 coconuts to pay for watching a mage tree.

Be sure to however, keep your baskets of tomatos, strawberries, apples and oranges, and your sweetcorn (raw sweetcorn NOT cooked), bananas, coconuts, pineapples and papayas no matter what route you choose to take however, since these are very useful as farmer payments for growing trees (which otherwise have no protection)

Here is the farming tree:

farmingtree.jpg

For payments, if you find you run low on any payment supplies, here are some places you can pick them up around runescape for free:

Compost: Buyable at any farming equipment store

Potatos: you can pick potatos and sack them in a field out in front of ardougne or across from the chicken pen in Lumbridge.

Onions: Behind Farmer freds house from the sheep shearer quest there is an onion patch.

Cabbage: There is a huge cabbage field northwest of Draynor village.

Apples: If you can get into the cooking guild, there are 3 cooking apple spawns there. Bring baskets to put them in. Also, if you have started or completed the recipe for disaster quest, you can buy apples from the chest downstairs in Lumby castle

Bananas: There is a big field of bananas northwest of the dock on Karamja where you can take the boat from Port Sarim.

Oranges: Oranges can be bought from the gnome grocery store in the grand tree.

KEEP IN MIND THAT YOU CAN PAY FARMERS TO WATCH YOUR CROPS IN NOTES, MEANING YOU CAN CARRY 50 BAGS OF POTATOS WITH YOU IF YOU WANTED TO AND HAVE NO ADDED WEIGHT

Other Farming Tips, Tricks, and useful infoÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ

-ALWAYS, and I say ALWAYS use super compost with herbs! It nearly doubles their herb output, especially if you are using magic secateurs, (see below) and GREATLY reduces the chance that the Herb seed dies.

-For your protection flowers to work, they must remain fully grown in the center of your allotment patches. You can tell when a flower is fully grown because it now has the ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâPickÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ option. DONÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢T PICK THE FLOWER! If you do pick it, it offers no protection from disease to your cropsÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ

-A great way to get nests is by completing the "Throne to Miscellania" quest. Your servants find an herb seed for every 100 herbs or 600 flax you pick, and a nest for every 100 maples they woodcut.

-If you are making super compost, make sure EVERYTHING you put into the compost bin is super compostable. If even one regular compostable item is put into the bin, the whole batch of what would be super compost becomes regular compost.

-A quick way to get buckets if you are making lots of super compost is to do the ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâHand in the SandÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ quest, which gives you 84 buckets of sand a day. You can then empty these buckets and use em for super compost. Also, if you can get into Port Phasmatys, the general store there has a stock of 100 buckets.

-I highly suggest using an ammy of nature if you can afford it. Mine cost me 75k when I bought it, though I am not sure of the current price. (Note that you can only have one at a time) An ammy of Nature can be bound to a growing patch by ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâusingÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ it with the patch, and it can be rubbed at any time to tell you the status of your patch. It also automatically notifies you in the chat box if your patch is diseased, dead, or ready to pick, and it makes a chiming noise to notify you as well. You need at least lvl 27 magic to be able to use an ammy of nature, because once they are enchanted, they become untradeable. While the enchanted ammy of nature is untradeable however, you can buy an emerald amulet strung by magic roots before it is enchanted. (Note that the string will look different than a regular emerald ammy, it will be a dark root color.) Use enchant lvl 2 on the ammy and you have an ammy of nature!

-You do not need to water herbs, even with no compost. Also, if you are using super compost, you do not need to water allotment or flower patches. You can just rake, put down super compost, plant the seeds, and walk away.

-When growing hundreds of herb seeds, I have tended to notice some trends with different types of herbs, and here they are, for your own info ;) (All average herb yields were found using super compost with magic secatuers.)

Ranarr- Ranarrs are a pretty unstable seed, with a relatively higher rate of death than others. You will want to keep a close eye on any Ranarr seeds you grow, not only because of their cost, but because their rate of death does seem to be so high. When ranarrs do fully grow however, they usually yield a good amount of herbs, but the amount is also unstable and relatively random. Even though I grew 70 or so ranarr seeds, I couldnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t pin down an average yield, and IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve gotten from 4 herbs to 15 from a single ranarr seed.

Toadflax- Toadflax are kind of boring, theres nothing too special about them, they have a relatively low rate of death, (just a little more than I found with Avantoe) and yeild about 6 or 7 herbs each seed.

Irit- IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve found Irits to be the crazy seeds of the bunch. They have a relatively high rate of death (out of 125+ irit seeds, about 20 died) But every seed that grew gave me at least 7 or 8 herbs, and some gave me 16 lol.

Avantoe- Avantoe seeds are kind of slow and stable. Only expect to get about 5 or 6 herb from an avantoe seed, but you can depend on them, as they have a relatively low death rate. (Out of 147 avantoe seeds, 8 died)

Kwuarm- Data coming (I havenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t grown enough of these yet)

Snapdragon- My experience so far with Snapdragons has been that they are very similar to ranarrs, however they die a little less often, and yeild a little less herb.

Cadantine- Data coming (I havenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t grown enough of these yet)

Lantadyme- Data coming (I havenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t grown enough of these yet)

-I also highly suggest doing the Fairy Tale Pt.1 quest once you have about level 30 farming. You will get a pair of magic secateurs from the quest which increase your crop yeild by 10% (very useful for herbs and watermelons) while they are weilded. The reason I say wait till lvl 30 however, is because you have to fight a lvl 100 or so tanglefoot during the quest, and the amount of damage you can inflict on him depends on your farming level.

-And now comes one of my favorite tips and tricks ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ how to harvest a patch of watermelons, make 15 super compost, and replant a new batch of watermelons all in one trip! ;) (Every once in a while it may take 2 trips if you harvest a LOT of watermelons.

To start, you should have a grown Nasturtium protection flower in the center of your patch, like so:

nasturt.jpg

In your inventory, bring:

-Your rake

-Your spade

-Your seed dibber

-6 Watermelon seeds

-15 empty buckets

Your inventory should now look like this: (except with 6 watermelon seeds, not 3)

inventory.jpg

First, open the compost bin and use your 15 empty buckets with it to get all the super compost out. Deposit this super compost with the tool leprechaun. Then, harvest one part of the watermelon patch. Put 15 of the harvested watermelons in the compost bin and close the lid, then harvest the other half of the watermelon patch. At this point your inventory may be full with watermelons, and if it is, you are going to have to make 2 trips to the allotment patch. Most of the time however, you will not need to make 2 trips. (Go deposit all the watermelons in the bank and come back if u do)

Once you have harvested both sides of the allotment patch, withdraw 2 buckets of compost from the tool leprechaun, fertilize the soil, and plant your 6 watermelon seeds. Then just head to the bank or teleport to the next patch. Next time you are in Catherby, since that patch is the closest to a bank, withdraw all the super compost and bank it to sell or use.

The method I used was this:

Start at the Port Phasmatys patch, and harvest and make super compost there, then teleport to draynor and do the same to that patch. Tele to ardougne, harvest and make super comp at that spot, then tele to catherby patch. Harvest and make super comp at the Catherby Patch, then withdraw all the super compost and bank it to sell. Then ectophial back to Port Phasmatys, and buy out the stock of 100 buckets in that general store, wait a little while till the patches grow, then repeat.

Hope that helps :)

Stage 1: Potatos and Onions: (Lvl 1 - Lvl 7)

Poor man's route:

To start out your farming fun if you choose the poor man's route, make sure you gather all your necessary equipment from the farming equipment stores. Get ahold of some empty buckets (buyable from most any general store) You actually will not start out immediately planting seeds, what you first want to do is rake up weeds from the allotment patches that you are planning on working on, until you have enough for one or two loads of regular compost. (15 or 30) Put these weeds in the compost bin and wait for them to rot into compost. Once they are rotted, take this compost and you can use it for paying the farmers to begin planting potatos. Grow potatos (fertilizing with regular compost and paying the farmers with compost to watch your crops) until you can do onions, then use your potatos to pay for growing onions until you can do cabbage. Once you can grow cabbage, move to stage 2. Make sure you save your harvests since you will be using the farming tree. To get your seeds, simply thieve from the master farmers in draynor or north Ardougne.

The Middle Ground:

Buy or pick the supplies to make super compost (pineapples or watermelons), and start by making one or two batches of super comp. Then, once you have some super comp., plant Marigolds in the center as protection flowers. Once your marigolds are FULLY GROWN, plant potatos till onions, and onions till cabbage (fertilizing with super compost -no need to water) then move to stage 2. It is up to you if you want to get these easily thieved low level seeds from thieving master farmers, or buy them.

High Roller's route:

Buy super compost, fertilize the allotments so you get lvl 2, then grow marigolds in the center of the allotments you will use. Once the marigolds are FULLY GROWN, plant potatos till onions, and onions till cabbage (fertilizing with super compost -no need to water) then move to stage 2. Thieve or buy your seeds.

Stage 2: Cabbages and Tomatos (Lvl 7 - Lvl 20)

The Poor man's route:

Continue along the farming tree, using regular compost to fertilize the soil, and paying the farmers with your harvests. Grow cabbage until tomatos, then tomatos until lvl 20 where you can do sweetcorn. Thieve your seeds.

The Middle Ground:

Switch your marigold protection flowers to rosemary to protect your cabbages, then when you can grow tomatos, regrow marigolds to protect them. Continue to buy or pick super compostable items and make them into super composts to fertilize your allotments. Move to stage 3 when you can do sweetcorn. These seeds can still be easily thieved.

High Roller's Route:

Same route as the middle ground path above, the only difference is that you should just buy the super compost instead of making it yourself.

Stage 3: Sweetcorn (Lvl 20 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ about Lvl 27)

For all three routes in this stage, you will need to build a scarecrow. First, go kill some of the low lvl goblins around lumbridge, or somehow get ahold of a bronze spear. Then, buy a sack from a farming store and fill it with hay from the hay stack in front of the North Ardougne entrance. Buy or somehow get ahold of a watermelon (again, I have plenty if you need some) Then, use the sack of hay on the spear, and attach one watermelon to the head of the spear. You now have a scarecrow (scarecrows are untradeable) Now simply clear the protection flower patch in the center of the allotments you are going to use, and use the scarecrow with the patch. You are now ready to grow sweetcorn disease free there... You will need 1 scarecrow for each allotment patch you will be growing sweetcorn at. To clear the scarecrow, use a spade to dig it up. I believe you should need about 24-30 sweetcorn seeds to get to lvl 27, so if you are taking the poor mans route, just thieve them, the middle ground should buy some and thieve some, and just buy them if you are taking the high rollers route.

Poor manÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s route:

From here on out, even the poor manÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s route will be using super compost, so if you are taking this route, get used to picking pineapples on karamja. (easiest way to get back and forth is the boat from south ardougne ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ30gp) Make some super compost, then after your scarecrows are placed, fertilize the allotments with super compost and grow sweetcorn. Remember that since you are using super compost, you do not need to water your crops, but continue to save your harvested sweetcorn since it can be used to pay for apple trees.

The middle ground:

Buy/pick watermelons or pineapples and make some super compost. Make sure youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve got your scarecrows, then just keep planting sweetcorn, using super compost and saving your harvests until lvl 27.

The high rollerÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s route:

Buy super compost and sweetcorn seeds, you will still have to make your own scarecrows since they are untradeable, but once you get those set up, grow sweetcorn using super compost and saving your harvests till lvl 27.

Stage 4: Your first trees (Lvl 27 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Lvl 31)

At this point, you start moving into where you can begin to gain really fast exp with trees. During this stage you will be growing any oak, (oaks are grown from acorns) willow, or apple tree seeds you may have, so your baskets of tomatos will come in handy to pay the farmer to watch your oaks, your sweetcorn can be used to pay for your apple trees, and the apples can be used to pay for your willow trees. Try to do a few of each type, and once you hit lvl 31, move on to the next stage. Just make sure that for every route, you use super compost and pay the farmer to watch your trees. Also, make sure that you keep at least one apple tree planted when you move on to the next stage, so that you have a reliable place to get some apples for your strawberries.

Trees can be a little harder to come by if you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t really have any money, so for you, go woodcutting to get birds nests which can have tree seeds inside them. (willows and maples work best for nests because of the rate you cut) and maybe sell the logs you cut to fund buying some more tree seeds. You will only need a few of each. The Giant Mole in falador is also another option.

The Middle Ground:

I just happened to be working on some woodcutting at the same time I was farming so you can do the same and maybe get some tree seeds from nests, or just go ahead and buy these seeds, since apples are roughly 5k, as are acorns, and willows range from 10k-25k.

High RollerÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s Route:

I suggest buying almost all apple trees, as it will help pay for your strawberries in the next stage. Since you can easily afford it, just buy 10 or 11 apple seeds, and grow those. Keep the apples for your strawberries.

Stage 5: Strawberries (Lvl 31 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Lvl 39)

Strawberries are very very good exp, but the seeds are a little but harder to come by than the others you have dealt with so far. The one con to strawberries is that they have no method of protection unless you pay the farmer to watch them, so thankfully you have a bunch of apples left from your last stage. You will, however, probably still run low, so if you can get into the cooking guild, fill a bunch of baskets there, or keep picking apples when they respawn from your apple tree/trees.

YouÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re going to have to get a little more into thieving master farmers or fighting the giant mole here, as you will probably need about 55 strawberry seeds to complete this stage. Keep picking pineapples and making super compost, then fertilize your strawberry patches with super compost to increase your harvest yeild, and pay the farmer with baskets of apples to watch over them for you. Grow strawberries until lvl 39.

The middle ground:

Thieve or fight monsters for some strawberry seeds, or buy some, then fertilize your strawberry patches with super compost to increase your harvest yeild, and pay the farmer with baskets of apples to watch over them for you. Grow strawberries until lvl 39.

The High RollerÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s Route:

Buy 50-60 strawberry seeds. (when I was farming this level, strawberry seeds ran from 750-1250 each) Then fertilize your strawberry patches with super compost to increase your harvest yield, and pay the farmer with baskets of apples to watch over them for you.

Stage 6: Your second batch of trees (Lvl 39 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Lvl 47)

At this point, gather together any orange, banana, curry and maple tree seeds you may have, and the appropriate farmer payments for them. (see the farming tree) Remember to use super compost and pay the farmer to watch your trees. Once you reach Lvl 47 farming and you can grow watermelons, move on to the next stage...

The Poor manÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s route:

Again, you will be working with tree seeds here, so go woodcutting on maples or willows to get some birds nests, or fight the giant mole. You know the deal by now with super compost and farmer payments.

The middle ground:

You can try to woodcut for some of these seeds, but at this point, I recommend just buying the tree seeds. You know the deal on how to grow them.

The High RollerÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s Route:

Buy a bunch of orange, banana, curry, and maple seeds, and you know the deal on how to grow them.

Stage 7: Watermelons (Lvl 47 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Lvl 57)

For the first time now, you are able to make some of the money and time back that you have put into farming. How? With super compost made from the watermelons you grow! (super compost sells for 1k each) You will need about 200 watermelon seeds until Lvl 57, when you can grow papaya treesÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ (To see a great trick on how to grow watermelons with very little hassle, see my ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅOther Farming tips and Tricks.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

Stage 8: The final stage (Lvl 57 and onwards)

At this point, you have a couple different options, since you can now grow papaya trees, and if you continue, palm trees as well. Coconuts are an awesome way to make money as well, since EACH coconut sells for 2, maybe even 3k.

The Poor ManÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s Route:

If you choose, you can woodcut/fight for more tree seeds (papayas and up) Or you can maybe grow some herbs and sell the grown herb to fund buying tree seeds. Or you can continue growing watermelons, using the money you make from selling super compost to buy more watermelon seeds. It is up to you.

The Middle ground:

One word- Watermelons. Buy as many seeds as you can, as cheap as you can, and turn as many of the grown watermelons as you can into super compost to sell. Watermelons are awesome exp, especially with magic secateurs. Just keep growing them until you reach your target level, or you reach 75 farming. (again, check out my tip on how to do this in the ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅOther farming tips and tricksÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

An excellent guide:

well-thought out, well rounded, and has inspired me to get my (cabbage) farming up =D> :thumbsup:

AOW maybe?

Knitting. At level 1, you can make fuzzy mittens. At level 50, fuzzy rainbow sweaters. At level 99? Fuzzy pink toe socks.

Oh yeah.

'Scaper since 2002

Good guide, but the different posts was completely unnecessary. Other than that though maybe not use the same 3 colors over and over? :|

Maybe that's just opinion, but 8.5/10. :)

Guide to Everything Fletching XBL: Karmastocracy

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

* Sits on a mossy rock with a notebook in hand, observing the behavior of the specimens dubbed "Fanboys"

~

"Even when the odds are against you, even when the chance of victory is bleak and your situation looks hopeless, take a look at the horizon, and think back to what you have learned. You'll be filled with the confidence to take on the world."

Very good guide, but as I'm 62 farming, I was kind of disappointed with the high-level part of the guide. Mainly its absence. You say you're 75, so what did you do from 60-75? All watermelons and supercompost?

sigbad0xt.jpg

Jack of all trades, master of thieving. 259th to 99 thieving. All stats 75+

The different posts and different colors are simply to divide the guide up into an organized format by section.

Also, yes, I did some palm trees and papayas to get me to 75, but mainly, watermelons really are the most cost effective if you have the patience for super compost, and I got 75 farming off of mainly watermelons alone (it was only about 900 watermelon seeds from lvl 68)

As for the apparent lack of strategies for high level farming... well that's because there really aren't many options for high level, fast leveling. I mean, it's pretty straightforward - you either grow watermelons if you want to level higher levels the cheaper, longer way. Or, you do papaya, palm, and mage trees (maybe throw some calquat trees in there) if you can afford the more expensive, faster way. It would be completely ineffective to grow pretty much anything else. As for the procedure of doing either of these strategies, how to get to the patches the quick way, best places to go, etc., the tactics are already explained in the guide. But thx for some input. -Dr T

thanks for this guide! Its the best comprehensive farming guide i've ever seen on tip.it!

just looking quickly, i'd like to add something. You said that the fruit tree patch outside tree gnome village maze is impractical to use. this is not true. Most people dont realize that once you have started tree gnome village quest you never need to do the maze again. From the inside of the maze, right near the beginning, talk to the gnome who teleports you right outside to 3 steps from the tree patch. The gnome on the outside teleports you back so that you can get back to the spirit tree network.

also, i'm one of the few people who dont like wasting my watermelons on supercompost. Its so easy to buy pinapples from ship merchants in catherby and port phasmatys, or from tree gnome village, that i've been using supercompost almost since lvl 1 farming.

I generally train on strawberries instead of watermelon also. i know the exp sucks, but they are much cheaper, rarely die with supercompost and being watered once. plus, they free up the flower patch for limpwurt roots.

I did the math, and assuming that its impossible to sell watermelons, and you buy the seeds for 2.5k ea, its actually cheaper to train farming with trees! In addition, for tree seeds, mage trees, at 200k are the most cost effective based on money spent per exp because of the money you make back from the roots. Oaks, at 5k ea are the least cost effective.

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!