Tip.It Times: Highlights of 2005

Eeeeediot

This week's Tip.It Times has been released. Feel free to discuss the article or post any comments. If you have any criticism, please make sure its constructive! :)

Highlights of 2005

Deadman Andy

Although a few days late, I thought it would be apt to have a quick look back over some of the events and updates of 2005. These are my own opinions - so you're free to disagree...

Click here to read the rest of the article

crumble and charge perhaps not worth mentioning?

because when i think about how cook-x has impacted the runescape community i find it amusing how we used to cook. as if i could tell people oh i cooked this and that 1 at a time back in the day. where charge was the opposite, :( damn that would have been sweet to charge.

The part about the first Abyssal Whips being 150M worth seems inaccurate. I remember the first ones going for 50-55M.

It was a good read and I agreed with a lot of the choices. Nicely done:)

punk4ever.gif

By The_Jeppoz :wink:

i remember whips going for 150mil lol it was so insane, nice job

RSN: 1 day late | Private chat: On

| 60 ATTACK | 81 STRENGTH | 72 HITPOINTS |

| 80 MAGIC | 13 PRAYER | 1 DEFENSE | 65 COMBAT |

i remember whips going for 150mil lol it was so insane, nice job

no ;\

viral sabre bought the first one from fir3g0d for 60m in items on these forums and then made a post about it in general p2p. im sure you could look those posts up up with the search button unless tip has auto pruning.

edit: no you cant, that must have been in march and the oldest posts on these forums are from june.

The part about the first Abyssal Whips being 150M worth seems inaccurate. I remember the first ones going for 50-55M.

I thought one went on Rune Village for 150m in items.

Deadman_Andy.jpeg

Credits:

DromarUK: Evil Bunnies 1: Bunny Ears|Evil Bunnies 2: Easter Eggs|Party Hats

GreatSilverWyrm: Hat and Axe|Oblong Monkeys

Dragonball13: Evil Bunnies 3: Lightning

I thought one went on Rune Village for 150m in items.

Well, Fir3g0d was the one who pretty much 'established' the price because he sold the first for around 55M if I remember correctly.

It could not have fluctuated that much. People can always POST, "Selling Santa Hat 38M" but it doesn't really make it true.

punk4ever.gif

By The_Jeppoz :wink:

me getting banned :P me getting 90 magic, me pking a couple whips :P its all good for me. dont worry guys ill be 110 combat within 2 months. mark my words :P

Runescape veteran. Originally adventurer (and mage on other account), now pker.

The Dragon Scimitar special was changed due to players still being able to run by using the CNTL key and clicking on the mini-map. As this could not be fixed without releasing a new Java engine, Mod Paul changed the special to removing prayer protect which many liked in the minigames.

The crumble undead was changed because it was a combat spell that gave splash and damage xp. All combat spells are structured so that they give half level to cast +5 to xp as splash experience. Then you get 2 xp per damage. The crumble undead did not do this. It mattered little while it was a click per cast. With auto-cast, Jagex soon changed it. What really brought on change were guides suggesting using crumble undead (or charge) to rapidly increase magic.

Waterbirth islands introduced level 40 armor that did not have defense prerequisite (you only needed to have completed a quest). Useful for low defense pures. With the Daggonoth update, collecting the parts to make this armor was exponentially increased in ease.

Easter, Halloween and Christmas saw a Holiday Special Event that lasted over two weeks. Christmas brought about an extensive event with multiple steps to collect all items.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Was a massive year, even though i expirienced only little over half of it on RS.

18/22 skills at or better than 60.

1300+ skill total.

Barrows:Torag's Helm x2, Guthan's Helm, Guthan's Warspear, Dharok's Greataxe, died to dharok, Guthan's Platebody, Ahrim's Hood. All in a total of 104 runs.

WOW! you'd think Runescape was still in beta! Jagex was constantly changing things they did more for biz concerns then they did player concerns, I know they have to make money too but :P I miss the old days of Runescape where they focused more on playabilty and not on mass content like they do now. All of this is why i'm thinking about canceling my membership It's feels like you have to spend alot (to much IMHO) of time to get anywhere I switched to members thinking the game would be less time consuming but I was wrong. P.S No disrespect to high lvl. players I know you worked hard to get your skills but when a game becomes to monotonus (forgive me if I misspelled) you can't expect many players to stick around long.

Thank God the whip went down. Now for me to go buy one...

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

After reading I can't do anything else than praise Jagex. We had a very great year in RuneScape! Look at all those great updates!

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

After reading I can't do anything else than praise Jagex. We had a very great year in RuneScape! Look at all those great updates!

i agree.. rs would be so boring with out the variety that came out of slayer, barrows, rcing, and others.. thnx jagex

It's just too bad that none of these update effected F2P players. I think I played more on my brothers member account than my own. But some of these upcoming updates like the mage training arena may change my membership statis. But overall, great update for the members, and I cannot wait for the dragon woodcutting axe to go down in price, maybe like 200k, thenI might buy one.

Thx Jagex!!!

P.S. I hate super noobs. In case you do not know what those are, they are the players that only work on the non combat skills. For example, a combat level 3 mining in the mining guild, or a level 3 taking all of my yew logs. Jeese, get a life.

It's just too bad that none of these update effected F2P players. I think I played more on my brothers member account than my own. But some of these upcoming updates like the mage training arena may change my membership statis. But overall, great update for the members, and I cannot wait for the dragon woodcutting axe to go down in price, maybe like 200k, thenI might buy one.

Thx Jagex!!!

P.S. I hate super noobs. In case you do not know what those are, they are the players that only work on the non combat skills. For example, a combat level 3 mining in the mining guild, or a level 3 taking all of my yew logs. Jeese, get a life.

f2p got addy arrows and maple bows this year?

Maybe you should get a life and stop being so moronic? The yew logs aren't YOURS unless they were in your inventory. So unless you're saying people with level 3 accounts hack you, your claims are totally flawless. I don't see what's wrong with level 3's having good skills (unless they're auto-ing). Really, why hate them just because they're better than you in certain aspects?

I hear alo of people complain about the updates made in 2005, I for one thought there were alot of great updates there, my favourite ones are Barrows and Slayer for sure :)

Jens14.png

sigoriginal.jpg