Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Tip.It Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bladewing

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Bladewing

  1. Bladewing replied to willyd's topic in Help and Advice
    You only need to hit a little over 50% of the time for berserker to be better. That being said, the only place I would take a warrior/diamond (i)/dstone (i)/onyx (i) is metal dragons, particularly steels and miths. Also at Corp beast.
  2. Join a dedicated SC clan then.
  3. You ever tried finding an open Bandos world? I don't mind hopping once or twice, but when it would take hours of hopping to kill Graardor, I'm gonna go ahead and crash. I said earlier I would never dream of crashing the Giant Mole. But I won't lose any sleep over crashing (or being crashed) at Bandos or Armadyl. @Stonewall: not tolerating the intolerant is hardly something to complain about. It doesn't justify intolerance. But how was I being intolerant? @Queltar: You are probably the most annoyingly self-righteous person on TIF. You would fail an ethics class if you took the approach you're taking towards me.
  4. All monsters that drop clues have the same drop rate. So just kill whatever you can kill fastest. Hellhounds seem like they do because its their only drop, and since most people who do kill them bank more frequently than a person killing, say, abyssal demons.
  5. I think using slayer ring to the slayer tower and running south might be quicker than slayer ring -> fairy ring -> fairy ring again.
  6. Cut ivies and save yourself a lot of time, in which you can make some real money.
  7. It was half mocking your claims to supporting your stance towards the SGS with supposed "scientific testings". Despite the lack thereof, you maintain that it's the best special weapon for slayer. The other half was wishful thinking, trying to bait you to support your claims with evidence and/or logical arguments. Unfortunately you have failed to surprise me.
  8. The use for which most people recommend the SGS is slayer. I'll quote my analysis of the SGS vs Dragon Claws for slayer from another thread:
  9. Got any scientific data on the SGS that would prove it's worth using?
  10. The max agility experience / hr is 70k at VERY maximum, which would take 31 hours. Most average 65k, which would be 36 hours. Nice try though. BA horn would halve those to 15.5-18 hours. Possible but unlikely if one was this sick (one would likely sleep more than 6 hours ;) ).
  11. Nice argument there :thumbdown: I've already shown that the SGS saves 30k per hour in food and potions while slaying, and shown how much more beneficial dragon claw specials are. Check. Dragon Claws are better at Barrows. The ability to KO either Karil or Ahrim before your prayer ticks is much better than 15 prayer points, and ALSO speeds up your runs, equating to more chests/hour and more profit. Check. While godswords have their uses as primary weapons (team GWD and TDs), for slayer or training an abyssal whip with a rune defender is better. For waterfiends, an SS is better. For high level dragons a ZS is better. If you are using both turmoil and a deflect prayer, you'll be saving no more than about 22k in prayer potions per hour over an abyssal whip with defender. Check. Soulsplit is a nice cushion if you're low on health, and it is free and doesn't waste special attacks. "Not wanting to bank" could be remedied by bringing the correct supplies. Claws would be better at the giant mole, to reduce the number of times he burrows and therefore the amount of time a kill takes. Check. Calling something microscopic doesn't change the fact that its effect is 5-6 times larger than the even more microscopic savings an SGS gives. Check. It is at any place I would be using a slash weapon, so yeah I guess it would be way better since warrior rings have no use to me. The only place I choose accuracy rings over the berserker ring is while stabbing mithril dragons or the corporeal beast. Check. Refuted all your arguments, got any more?
  12. I have done controlled tests, but okay. The increase in utility is small, but much greater than that of SGS. You still have yet to refute the uselessness of SGS. Don't give me any of this "it's hawt <3<3" crap I see all the time with SGS and DFS.
  13. I'm fine with them being purely decorative.
  14. +9 prayer would be fire cape, fury, and bandos. I'm not sure if fire cape is worth using over SW cape though.
  15. Alright I fixed both of those. The first part turned out to be unimportant in the actual calculations, but I fixed the prayer bonus thing. Since proselyte and Verac's skirt has similar defence to Bandos, I just considered that to be controlled. Turns out Bandos is STILL a lot better than SGS, even when disregarding interest.
  16. What is flexibility? The number of places you can use an item? Well, SGS has two uses more than Dragon Claws, waterfiends and Tormented Demons. AND you can lend dragon claws for an SGS, so Dragon Claws are just as "flexible" and cost less in forgone interest. -- Now Bandos vs. SGS We'll assume 5 hours a day, and 4 hours of slaying again. SGS will save you 15 prayer points and 300 hp per 5 minutes (full bar, averaging 300 damage per spec). But, you only save 100 hp more than if you used an SGS. This equates to 180 prayer points and 3600 hitpoints per hour. This saves a player 15k in prayer potions and 15k in food. 30k saved per hour. So you play 4 hours a day, so you save 80k per day with the SGS. However the SGS costs 20m more than full bandos. If we completely disregard the combat benefits of bandos, you lose interest on that 20m. If you can manage 1% a day (VERY easy, you can get 10% in two 4-hour periods), you lose 200k a day by owning an SGS over bandos. So even without considering Bandos' use, SGS saves you 80k a day but you forgo 200-2,000k a day. With Bandos you get to increase each attack of your Abyssal whip's average hit of about 274 (314 in Kuradal's) to 284 (324 in Kuradal's). This equates to an increase in xp/hour of 3.6% (3.1% in Kuradal's). If we assume the 3m income again, Bandos saves a player 108k/hour (93k/hour in Kuradal's). On top of THAT, bandos will give you 3.6% (3.1%) faster kills per hour, giving you an extra 36k (31k) in drops per hour. However, Bandos has -10 prayer less than Proselyte and Verac's Skirt. If the player only uses turmoil and has 95 prayer, and wears SW cape and fury, Bandos will cost 187 prayer points per hour, which equates to about 15.5k/hour. So here's what Bandos does, per hour: 128.5k, 108.5k inside Kuradal's. If you slay for 4 hours (as assumed), you'll save and/or earn 434-514k a day. Beats the 80k of SGS or the 200k of 1% interest. Bandos are always better than SGS for slaying. The more you play per day, the better Bandos becomes over the interest rate, too. tl;dr: Bandos is 5-6 times better than SGS.
  17. I play runescape to have fun. And if killing General Graardor is more fun than hopping around indefinitely (many hours) to be "nice", I'm gonna go ahead and crash them.
  18. Get a better internet connection.
  19. I would never wear a skill cape to combat. I'll wear them for looks though.
  20. Consider this: A 4man team of 138s with overloads cannot guarantee holding a world. If you go with people with similar stats to yours, you'd probably need like 8 or more people.
  21. A larger team if you want to LS. Non-LS 99 attack and strength with extremes or turmoil. OR 90 attack and strength with extremes AND turmoil.
  22. Yeah you don't stand a chance in any world, let alone an LS world.
  23. Care to substantiate that and/or refute my post? Declaring truth by fiat is a great way to look like an asshat :thumbdown:
  24. Respect always steps out of utility's way. Respect only exists to make a person feel good. This is true in real life.
  25. This has to be the most pathetic argument I've ever seen. You would give up 100k an hour to have one person say "thx" to you? If you ran across one person a day (4 hours) who was in this situation, you would be giving up 320k for one "thx". I guarantee you could get many more thanks by just taking that 320k and giving it out to many people. Your argument is so weak I don't even. Also that person could discard your SGS, making you run to the bank to get it back. One more benefit of claws: easier to lend out with junk at higher rates than an SGS.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.