Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Tip.It Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bladewing

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Bladewing

  1. Bladewing replied to willyd's topic in Help and Advice
    I actually have a moderate amount of data testing berserker vs warrior on a few different monsters, but I don't have enough data yet to make any statistically significant conclusions at a=95, so I haven't published it because I'm being conservative. EDIT: Much more than 30 minutes on a half dozen monsters.
  2. Bladewing replied to willyd's topic in Help and Advice
    The aversion to your test is that it's poorly designed/controlled and has far too little data to draw any significant conclusions. If you're content with drawing false conclusions from tests like that, that's fine. Just don't spew them like truth.
  3. Well I take about 4:15 on average per solo SARADOMIN kill, so you should be killing faster than that (since you don't have to run around). Your gear looks good unless you want to bring an arma or verac helm.
  4. Here are a few options: Move to another region with better cable availability. Pay for satellite internet. Move to another country.
  5. I can bring enough extremes or overloads JUST IN MY INVENTORY to do an entire godwars trip. However, it makes it logistically annoying since I have to constantly search through my familiar for more brews and prayer potions. It wouldn't make the kills any quicker, it would only make it less annoying.
  6. This is the reason why the whole d claws is cheaper argument is invalid. You spent so much money to get that sword and you only save like 50k gp a day! Well, yes, but if I go and sell my sgs right now, I still made a 20m+ profit off the sword alone. SGS costs about 35m more than Dclaws. That's 35m more capital you forgo interest on.
  7. I don't know where people get the notion that since inflation is bad, deflation must be good :wall:. Large movements in either direction are truly what is harmful. 1. and 2. are not good arguments for the reason above. 3. If a player had gotten 99 summoning without bonus xp, more gp would have been removed, so bonus xp is inflationary in this sense. Also, nobody really did construction during bonus xp, since SC hammers are better. The majority of players trained summoning and herblore, actually, not construction. 4. This is such a bad argument that I don't even. EDIT: you edited your post so mine don't match up anymore. Oh well.
  8. Reward credits, which you would spend later on rewards. You'll need to exchange more junk for more investment credits.
  9. A hatless asshat.
  10. Great job helping him with his question there :thumbup: Great job at being an [wagon]. :thumbdown: My point was that he's probably not counting his drops right, and saradomin could easily work for him. Sorry that wasn't clear.
  11. You should use ice burst since it holds them twice as long, so half as many casts and actually less cost.
  12. I always profit even with crummy drops at solo sara, even using brews/overloads/super prayer pots.
  13. Why would you need more than one set? :-?
  14. I think lalalalala was wearing his funny pants tonight because I saw his post in the leather pants store in general. :roll:
  15. But that's so expensive! Just cook sharks or something. You profit. Is this a joke? I'm going to assume so. From 94-99: Sharks: 350k profit, 20 hours Wine: 7.5m loss, 11 hours. You save 9 hours for 7.8m, requiring an income of just over 800k. Wines are even better below 94, too.
  16. Cooking, hands down. Make wines.
  17. 87k xp is slower xp than you can get cleaning herbs. Which makes them pathetically slow. Add to this that they're actually not that cheap and they're really a poor choice.
  18. I just don't like the mods in Lady H, which is why I don't go there anymore. :unsure: Never really went to Codguy's much though. Try them both and see which you like.
  19. Ethics aside, I'd really like to see a manipulation clan called Cash4Gold. :thumbup:
  20. That would be because fire giants don't give clues. And yeah, you have too small a sample size.
  21. Manipulation clans operate on the "greater fool" principle. Since there is a greatest fool, the rogue, with unlimited purchasing power, these are the IDEAL item. I can't wait for the rogue to be removed and all gold jewelry crash.
  22. Interest: even an amateur investor/flipper can get 1% interest. That was just an additional cost of using the SGS, if you do this at all. Even without considering interest SGS is inferior. Claws inaccurate? I doubt you've ever used a pair. The number of times I have missed with dragon claws while slaying can be counted on the fingers of one hand.
  23. About 1:4500 from a particular minion I believe. The chestplate from Graardor is 1:150, and the minions supposedly (in total) drop one for every 10 that Graar does, making them in total 1:1500 graardor kills.
  24. Bladewing replied to willyd's topic in Help and Advice
    That's incorrect, because a single hit that you get because of the warrior ring over a miss with the berserker ring is worth a lot more than the incremental damage you do with the berserker ring. I've tested this extensively and the warrior ring is consistently better on tough opponents.. or at least, no worse. Just published another report earlier today. Neo: Imbued rings from Mobilising Armies. But 4 slash accuracy has a very small increase in accuracy, i.e. your odds of hitting are not a great deal better. And your data is a tiny sample size and completely uncontrolled. Your preconceive notions of the supposed uselessness of the berserker ring is evidenced by you getting lower xp with the berserker ring than with no ring at all. Also you are wrong if you think that those numbers prove that the warrior ring is better. An amateur statistician could tell you that you need to set a null hypothesis and reject that. You have done nothing of the sort and your test is 100% inconclusive, contrary to what your "conclusion" would lead someone to believe. Please stop claiming that you're being scientific when you're manipulating data. :thumbdown:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.