Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Tip.It Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bladewing

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Bladewing

  1. Bladewing commented on Skeptical's blog entry in The Blog
    Won't be that profitable for long. Jagex popped the gem bubble by nerfing the rogue.
  2. I used to have a promethium longsword. I made a promethium rapier and found it much better.
  3. 6.8 is the average if you use supercompost and secateurs and all 5 patches. The winners as of today's mid GE prices are Torstol at 53k/patch and wergali at 50k/patch. Avantoe is next at 35k.
  4. =D> Well played.
  5. People who suffer from inflation: people who like to keep large gp piles. People who suffer from deflation: people who use any items or own discontinueds. Inflation is obviously the lesser evil of the two, but stable price levels are what you really want in Runescape since there is no such thing as economic growth. -- On a side note: People who gain from inflation: flippers, owners of discontinueds. People who gain from deflation: people who are not playing Runescape and sold all their items when they quit.
  6. Full Void Soulwars Cape Fury Unholy Book Ranger Boots Archer (i) Red Chinchompas
  7. It doesn't seem to me as a way to train other skills. I think I've probably only had 1k xp in each skill max aside from combats while dungeoneering. Incorporates all skills? Yeah. Trains them? Hardly.
  8. Wait I thought you play Dungeoneering for Dungeoneering XP? Be happy you get any xp at all, you get no xp for runecrafting in Stealing Creation.
  9. Wow I forgot. I use void at TDS, it's the best there.
  10. Well you could leave your level at 1. But the weapons are quite good and I'd consider the many hours it takes to get worth it.
  11. You don't think getting 99 runecrafting in less than an hour is problematic? You somehow think that compares to 2.5x xp?
  12. I use void and piety/eagle eye = 3 switches, plus prayer switches. It's not that hard once you get over the PANIC@@@ of prayer switching. Use your F1 and F3 keys for sure.
  13. Actually the monster has to be invincible (you must hit 389% of the time or less with rapier) for longsword to be better. This assumes 99 attack and strength; Neitiznot, fire cape, fury, rune defender, barrows gloves, dragon boots, onyx/warrior (i); with extremes and turmoil (29%/32%) held constant. This assumes you don't have to pause and eat, in which case slower, stronger weapons gain a slight advantage. EDIT: holdon them maths r rong
  14. That would depend on your goals. I enjoy mining quite a bit, yet couldn't stand powermining as to me, that is not fun. If people are okay with grinding, I would recommend what I said above. Personally, I quite enjoyed taking the long way in F2p, and making many millions while I was at it as well as level 2 other skills. Disregarding the utility derived from fun (as this varies by person and is quite hard to valorize) the efficiency of powermining is independent of your goals. Powermining will always be more efficient. I assume the two other skills are smithing and magic (superheat)? Magic doesn't have many superior alternatives for F2P, but for P2P it's basically a waste unless you superheat gold as you mine it. Smithing is better trained purchasing bars and making platebodies. I think this discussion would be more lucid if the concepts of trade and opportunity cost (especially with regards to one's time) were givens.
  15. This will be my last post on the godsword debate because I got flamed to hell last time. If you want to read further comments by myself and others on the usefulness of SGS, visit this thread. SGS is worthless because it saves you pennies whereas dragon claws save a surprisingly large amount of time. At bosses damage output is even more important, since one round less of combat means one less round of taking damage. AGS is useful for PvP since it is a very powerful weapon with a strong special attack. Most would take whip + claws in PvP but that's more risky. The cost of an SGS would be more useful if you sold it and threw the money at prayer or herblore. PS: having owned all the godswords doesn't make you any more an expert on the matter than does owning a dragon longsword and a battleaxe make a player who uses a battleaxe an expert.
  16. I'm not wasting points on crap like coal bag and bonecrusher until after I've gotten a chaotic rapier. So don't expect many people who have a clue to be buying any rewards anytime soon. AGS will have a significant drop in price, since people expecting to get a rapier or a maul. Elysian is having a panic crash right now, but they should go back up since the new shields are too expensive (a rapier or 400k xp sacrificed) to justify use for "up to 20%" reduction of damage. Add to that a 200k/hour use and we're talking a greatly inferior shield to Elysian, and pathetic compared to Divine.
  17. Economically speaking, not power mining is a waste. It's easy enough to drop a full inventory with mousekeys and get good xp rates without killing your wrist. If you have a yak, which you don't, you could scroll the large blocks. At 80 mining concentrated gold becomes good enough that taking the lower xp rate is a small enough tradeoff for the bonus of ease.
  18. SGS is completely worthless, the only useful one is AGS if that. I'd take BGS/whip + Dragon Claws over AGS or SGS 99% of the time.
  19. I doubt AGS will fully recover, since it's no longer the best. But it should rise up a bit, although I think it'll keep crashing for 1-3+ more days.
  20. Bladewing replied to K4ylan's topic in Rants
    It's a shame you only are able to train it in the next few weeks. During the summer you won't be able to train it, so I guess you're out of luck.
  21. Just throwing this out there since I don't know where best to say it: I got an award "Vengeance is mine!" for dealing the killing blow to a boss with vengeance.
  22. Because buying the best ores costs money, which one could easily save by mining them. I see his logic. For me, having to buy ores with which to make armor is a pain in my backside. If it's true that higher level pickaxes give more ores, I need to bind me a pickaxe... =/ You can't take it with you, so you aren't saving anything but the hassle of picking it up.
  23. Why would you bother binding a pickaxe when you can just buy the best ores from the Smuggler?
  24. Making 1k magic potions into overloads could be accomplished for 18.5m less and 0.9 hours more by just making more extreme magic potions. You need to get about 20m gp/hour income to justify training with overloads at current prices. If you think that is economical tell me how you make money. But we digress. How many wergali unf potions to upgrade Green partyhat + onyx to Red partyhat? It's a bit hard for me to tell since RSOF and W2 have really manipulated Green's price.
  25. Basically, you either train with extreme magic potions or overloads (at current prices overloads need over a 20m/h income to justify training with them). To turn 1k magic potion into an overload, you spend 73m, earning you 1,950k xp. That xp would cost you 54.5m with extreme magics. So each overload actually costs you about 6.2k per dose, or about 74k an hour. Anyway they aren't free, especially if you don't care about herblore xp (usually if player is 96+ or 99).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.