Everything posted by Phil
-
Remove post counts
There are a number of different types of spammers. 1. Users who spam just to raise their post count as they think they will gain more respect from other users. 2. People who sign up to the forum just to spam advertise a site/link etc. 3. Users who are trying to cause trouble and don't really care about getting banned. I'm sure there are a few others too, but with this suggestion of removing post counts we are trying to get rid of number 1. If their precious post count is gone then they will have to find a new way of gaining respect. I know sites with ratring type systems instead of post counts but don't know exactly if they work. Anyone know?
-
Remove post counts
Yes but you would get rid of the spammers who are spamming just to get their post count up, which would mean less work for us. Also I don't see how the post count can be seen as fun. Fun as in 'lets see how high many times I can post in a day'? peche: I'm not understanding what you are saying.
-
Movie Cliches
We used to have groups at my school (especially in 6th year, our senior year) The 'popular' people were the 'perfects' (prefects) who when in their own group wouldn't speak to anyone else who wasn't in the group. On their own though they would talk to others and were actually decent people. Yeah some of them annoyed me though. There was also the goths, the geeks and the normal people. Every group had their own place/tables/seats in the common room, it was kind of funny.
-
Remove post counts
I've always been up for removing post counts. I could see a lot of newer users complaining though and this is probably why it'll never happen unfortunetly.
-
someone please attend to this
Try using the official client and Firefox then, see if it still happens. We can maybe narrow it down.
-
global anoucement check
Basically the link in the fake email is a bad link. Don't click it. There is no virus/keylogger at tipit. Just delete the email.
-
someone please attend to this
Are you using IE, FF, the client or something else?
-
*Official* World Cup thread (Predict the World Cup Final 4)
I wasn't being completely serious :wink: But yeah I hate it when 2 teams(especially 'average' teams like Austria) automaticaly get in because it means that another team who plays well will miss out. No offence but Scotland are barely average :lol: No offence but what? I never said Scotland were average... learn to read. I didn't say anything about scotland :? I said Austria were average and they are basically denying a better team a place.
-
*Official* World Cup thread (Predict the World Cup Final 4)
I wasn't being completely serious :wink: But yeah I hate it when 2 teams(especially 'average' teams like Austria) automaticaly get in because it means that another team who plays well will miss out.
-
*Official* World Cup thread (Predict the World Cup Final 4)
They were probably looking for something like this beforehand anyway since the competition is being held in Switzerland & Austria and those 2 teams qualify automaticaly.
-
metal gear runescape
Exactly, please keep it on topic.
-
Where do i post problems with Tip.it ?
You don't have it since you had a bad sig. You recieved a warning from Sunli about it a couple of days ago.
-
*Official* World Cup thread (Predict the World Cup Final 4)
The BBC showed footage of the diving after the game, Ronaldo was by far the worst culprit. He dived something like 4-5 times in that match. Yeah I know he was but I was meaning other matches and teams. I didn't see you slagging off Henry when he went down holding his face when he was touched on his chest. I could go on for ages, but people only want to pick on ronaldo for some reason.
-
what is this bug
Everyone thank Evadek for going off topic and getting this topic locked.
-
*Official* World Cup thread (Predict the World Cup Final 4)
It's pretty funny how everyone picks on one player, when there are loads doing the diving thing for every team. But then again some people only see what they want to at times.
-
Becoming a Mod
http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=447592
-
*Official* World Cup thread (Predict the World Cup Final 4)
Yeah, I count on an impressive Henry ft. Zidane performance this Sunday. Let's hope the Italians don't go all catenaccio again. Funny, the French used the catenaccio style today. I hope they don't do it in the final. Well I hope Italy manage to win on Sunday. I've never seen them lift it before (they last won it 2 years before I was born) and think that it would be good if we have a new(ish) winner. But really I wouldn't really mind if France got it, but I don't think they deserve it as much. It's funny that Scotland will have to play the world champions and the runners up in our Euro 2008 qualifiers. Chance to be the true world champions again :P (we also have Ukraine(quarter finalists) in our group)
-
POPULAR ANIMAL
Please do not advertisie referral links here.
-
*Official* World Cup thread (Predict the World Cup Final 4)
Pretyy much what I expected. A france win. Neither team were very impressive really. If we are going by semi-final performances, Italy have got the cup in the bag.
-
Sneaker/Shoeheads
There's already a shoe thread about.
-
*Official* World Cup thread (Predict the World Cup Final 4)
Are you sure you were watching the right game? There was very little of that tonight, if any.
-
funny story of a n00b and a santa
Jagex rules are enforced on our boards. This includes account sharing.
-
Cell phones / Mobile Phones
Yeah it's not the best phone about but it does the job fine. I've never had a problem with the UI. It's easily customisable so you can get used to it the way you want it. If I was to get a new phone I wouldn't go for the upgraded version of this one though I would get a different make. So yeah, not the best but not the worst.
-
Cell phones / Mobile Phones
At first I read that "kill people" :shock: Anyway my current phone... a motorola razr v3.
-
*Official* World Cup thread (Predict the World Cup Final 4)
What a game. Overall Italy were the better team, although it was close. Lets just hope France get put out.