Everything posted by Wisp
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
Eh, my space fleet is pretty damn strong. The way I have it set up currently is so that 3/4 of my stations are making ships, then 50 are set aside for making stations and any stations that 50 make will make more stations and so on. Originally it was 3/4 on station building, but now I'm focusing on getting my fleet bigger. I don't think anyone could really stand a chance against my fleet, except for things pulled out of nowhere (random events like the orz)
-
Do you (sub)consciously avoid talking to unattractive people?
I'm just against the crazy [bleep]es who obsess about it, and will physically assault you if you say anything bad about it. And that's like 1/4 of the other girls around here.
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
Mutually Assured Doom? We both have 'D' names so it works both ways. Oh, and dusty isn't that tank just a Jagdpanther?
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
Mine would probably be in the middle for Democratic/Authoritarian, far to the left politically, a fairly open society, in between free market and central planning, a few notches away from drafted army (though that's only for army, navy and armada is very strong), a few notches from dove lobby, and a few notches from isolationism.
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
Well, for what it's worth I think I'll have my government headquarters protected by an experimental anti laser shift shield, that'll use our biggest generators and so on. Not that anyone would know where the headquarters is, but still. We'll test the shield as much as possible by using the technology for sending transmissions, I guess.
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
Just for fun, a colony specifically for intelligent lichtens is being set up on an unnamed planet that I control. I'm sure Dusty won't mind giving me a few million lichtens.
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
Well, in that case is there any way of detecting laser shifting before it happens? Or whatever. And that means you can't laser-shift back to your system unless you get a huge power source, correct?
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
Oh, and I'm now researching dampening shields to block mather's EM beaming, and whatever shields to block laser shifting. Just because I don't want to take the risk ever. When's a reasonable completion date, Archi?
-
"I want a girlfriend/boyfriend", and other such relationship advice
3 second rule is just saying if you see an attractive girl or whatever you count to 3, and then go up and talk to her or whatever, that way you don't really have time to think of the what-ifs. I think.
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
That's not how antimatter works, and antimatter exists, and has been created in particle accellerators in real life. Antimatter has positive mass, if I remember, and it's not dark matter, so a white whole has nothing to do with anti matter I don't think.
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
Shields wouldn't help you escape a black whole. Hell, more mass would probably make you get sucked in faster.
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
Antimatter is a theory and concept, it may not work. Uh no, not at all. Cern's created small amounts of it, and it's very much proven.
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
Your research facility? Well, ours. I was just too lazy to type out me and dusty's facility.
-
Rock-paper-scissors online world championship
Haha that would be fun. Get out of jail free card is replaced with a "friends with the admins" card, money is replaced by post count, and so on.
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
I found an existing system, then generated planets a while ago when we were generating systems. Then I flew there for like a decade. Oh, and antimatter production continues in my research facility.
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
Well, seeing as no one knows the exact location of Tefarn, and looking through a telescope wouldn't help you (as light showing my stuff on it wouldn't reach you for a few hundred years more) I doubt I need to worry about beaming and whatnot.
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
Projects Hellfire and Trawler are completed, and Project Wolf should be finished tomorrow.
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
Project Andy is completed, 650 million people now live on the surface of our American lands, and the habitats are now reserved for emergencies.
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
For star wars reference, that would put it at about half the length of the super star destroyer, but much taller. EDIT: oh, as part of project Hellfire, it is equipped with an ultra powerful laser, that takes 500kg of Duna to fire. That being said, I will buy any Duna now at a price of 1 billion per kg, I think.
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
I'll have to calculate that, but I'm guessing it's around 10km long and half a km tall. Though it might be more.
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
6x4 for tungsten is ridiculously big. My ship which is a km long railgun shoots things not much bigger than that. With a 10m railgun you wouldn't really get that thing going fast at all.
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
Project Merc is complete. 10,000 of my 10,200 kg of Duna is invested into creating 10,000 Merc soldiers. More detail if it's necessary. But, each merc soldier could probably take out a small army on his/it's own. Though they wouldn't really be as effective against Ross's robots. Oh, and my new Sa Matra (when it's complete) will be officially called a Brazilian Mega Cruiser. It'll be about 5 times the size of the former Sa Matra, with some new capabilities.
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
I don't think we ever decided if it would be by vote, the winner, or the previous host's choice. And Dusty, voted for me/chose me so I'm building just in case.
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
Ah well, I forgot to give my bonuses to Archi. I did well anyway, so it all works out. I'll start building a stadium in Alpha Centauri for the next events.
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
Just saying, I have the biggest fleet in existence to my knowledge, and it can be anywhere within 100ly of sol within half a year at this point, so if anyone does anything that kills any of my people...yeah.