Everything posted by Wisp
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
3 Ultra Heavy Battleships 5 Super Battleships 75 Heavy Battleships 78 Battleships 3,750 Fighters That was the total number of ships over earth, for reference. But still.
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
Replace Chemists with that battle above Earth during the last war. Well, that wasn't that big of a war. What was it, a few super heavys, a buncha heavys, and then a bunch of battleships?
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
It seems to be that way for now. I would recommend taking precautions though.
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
Wait, didn't you have 800kg earlier? I thought you only controlled 1 planet w/ the material.
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
Only slightly, from our perspective, but it would greatly decrease the effects of recoil. A car going from 0-60 in 1 second would experience huge amounts of forces over a short time. A car going from 0-60 would experience the same total amount of force, just over a longer period.
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
Maybe it could be solved with a longer main cannon? Longer acceleration time.
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
If anything, it's light. An Aircraft carrier is over 100,000 tonnes, I think.
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
Not decreased that much. 900 trillion Newtons one way, 9 billion another. So decreased from 90 km/s to 89.9991 km/s I think.
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
Then you have the atleast 1,000 ton ship going at X speed.
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
Isn't a railgun pulling it rather than pushing? I don't know how that would work.
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
Well the ship itself would be dealing with just as much force just by moving, usually.
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
EDIT: Hmm. I don't think it will be that big of an issue.
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
Probably.
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
I was thinking of more like this: http://sinsofasolarempire.wikia.com/wiki/File:NovalithCannon-button.png Only mobile http://www.gamingsteve.com/images/2008/02/sins_of_a_solar_empire_2.jpg
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
I was just thinking of a new design for a ship. Basically, it's a giant rail gun and nothing more, other than reactors and propulsion.
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
I'll send that info along soon. So, how would those lasers work against very large projectiles?
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
Oh, I forgot to ask you. I built a scale model (battleship sized, so not too big) of an alien ship, based on what we know, out of the hardest materials possible. It's also filled with ethanol. Obviously this won't be a perfect replica, since they probably have some unknown technology, but if I test my weapon, how would I determine it's effectiveness? EDIT: What do your caravels use to shoot down projectiles?
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
How far from Centauri is it? Also, here's the basis for my anti Ork-Utz weapon. http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/7844/antiork.jpg Fired from a very high powered railgun. Here's the key: 1: Tiny amount of antimatter. Once the front orb of the projectile is broken the antimatter rushes forward into the ship's hull, piercing it. If that fails at piercing it: 2: Focused laser, will melt a tiny hole into the ship's hull. 3: Incendiary darts. These will go through the hole, and ignite the interior of the ship (which is ethanol). 4: A small fusion generator. This will eat through the rest of the projectile,and power the continuous fire of the laser.
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
Well, we're working on developing a weapon specifically designed for combating the ork-utz. More info soon.
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
Only thing I'm worried about is Alpha Centauri's close proximity to earth. My current fleet at Alpha Centauri is: 50 Escorts 3 Ultra Heavy 6 Super Heavy 17 Heavy Battleships 5 Battleships 10,000 Fighters (Formerly 5,000 but when Fleet 2 left with refugees the fighters were transferred to Fleet 3)
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
Perhaps you throw up a cloud of sand or whatever before entering combat. Course, that would also mess up your lasers and tracking devices. I dunno. Oh, any more news about the aliens?
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
Sand Casters. How many lasers it can stop depends on my research(since its a new/old concept to me(Known about for ages but never looked into) As long as the number of projectiles does not exceed 1,500 per three second interval a caravel can dispatch 99% of them(Obviously this is at capacity so there will be some misses, anything under 1,400 is pretty much definitely gonna get stopped.) Since Ross gave me a crash course in AI all my ships have threat management software so anything that does get though will be the weakest possible thing. Indeed you could. Since I have had to split into Fighter and Capital classes, rather than just Caravels with their 1 big laser or 1500 PDLs my fleet needs a little bit of a rethink, but once I produce some more Capital classes they will just work in tandem under the DOCKING procedure. Can you explain the sand casting thing?
-
Hegemony-V2 begins page 302
How would they stop lasers? And I'm pretty sure 25 ultra battleships firing at full would easily get by one Caravel's defenses, I don't see how it could stop thousands of railguns, missiles, lasers, and other weapons all firing at once.
-
Done anything awsome lately?
Hell, I live in a state with a ton of snow and ice, and a few year round ice rinks and I've only skated a handful of times.
-
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Akimbo 1887 owns. I really missed it when I first prestiged. So how many people hated rifle nades in CoD4? 'Cause these [developmentally delayed]ed shotguns are 20x worse Pretty much.