Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

• Please log in to reply
6804 replies to this topic

Hugger_88
[ Display Name History ]

Hugger_88

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,385 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Hugger 88
  • Clan:LnS

Posted Image
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
11-10-09

If anyone has a video/picture/anything from MW2 that they wanna show off, tell me. Ill put it on the main page :D

Generate YOUR callsign! Just click here!

Before you post, consider this;

If you're mature enough to play it, you should be mature enough to accept that there will always be different opinions. :unsure:

-littleboy

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

Lenticular_J
[ Display Name History ]

Lenticular_J

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,284 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
People've known about this for all of this year.

Anyways, I want this. I feel like it'd be a waste to get Call of Duty 4 now, because all my friends will be playing this come October or November. I should start saving.

Hope they change up the campaign, though. It was good and all, but middle east and Russia are kinda obvious.

BUT PLEASE NO SOUTH AMERICA AAAUGH I HATE GAMES IN TROPICAL PLACES

So they must invent a new AREA OF THE WORLD.
MATT DAMON AND MONEY.
catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Hugger_88
[ Display Name History ]

Hugger_88

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,385 posts

People've known about this for all of this year.

Anyways, I want this. I feel like it'd be a waste to get Call of Duty 4 now, because all my friends will be playing this come October or November. I should start saving.

Hope they change up the campaign, though. It was good and all, but middle east and Russia are kinda obvious.

BUT PLEASE NO SOUTH AMERICA AAAUGH I HATE GAMES IN TROPICAL PLACES

So they must invent a new AREA OF THE WORLD.

Well, Its been mostly rumors, but its official now.

I agree, tropical places suck.

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Something different. However I don't really expect IW to just do a cash grab like Treyarch did with the mess that is called CoD:5.

PoorLepRecon
[ Display Name History ]

PoorLepRecon

Dragon Rider

• Members
  • 5,028 posts
  • RSN '07:Shruiken
Well the most important thing for me would be better wii support, as in giving us all of the modes in the other versions, and offering downloadable content to us as well.

Also, the sites not loading for me. Might just be my computer but I don't know.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts

Well the most important thing for me would be better wii support, as in giving us all of the modes in the other versions, and offering downloadable content to us as well.

Not to really dampen the mood but I doubt IW will even do a Wii version. Too much of a hassle adapting it to old hardware.

PoorLepRecon
[ Display Name History ]

PoorLepRecon

Dragon Rider

• Members
  • 5,028 posts
  • RSN '07:Shruiken

Not to really dampen the mood but I doubt IW will even do a Wii version. Too much of a hassle adapting it to old hardware.

Your probably right. The market isn't large enough to make the effort worth the cost. But I can always hope. :pray:

Plus I could always buy it for PC if it doesn't come out for Wii.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Riku3220
[ Display Name History ]

Riku3220

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,800 posts
I still think altered history is the way to go. I mean think! How do you think the world would turn out today if the colonies lost the Revolutionary War and Napoleon took over Europe?

Maybe there can be a Code: Geass type of world where the Americas (Obviosly not called the U.S.A) are the evil fascist ones and will eventually lose to rebellion groups from all over the world rather than 'super-awesome-badass-gunna-kill-me-sum-commies' soldiers type of warfare.
Posted Image

stevepole
[ Display Name History ]

stevepole

Ace of Spades

• Members
  • 8,477 posts
so much quoting for no reason... All I ask for is something great, 4 player co-op offline, and a great online/ offline experience. That's all I need.
Posted Image

Hugger_88
[ Display Name History ]

Hugger_88

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,385 posts

so much quoting for no reason... All I ask for is something great, 4 player co-op offline, and a great online/ offline experience. That's all I need.

I agree. If MW2 would take WaW's concept on the co-op it would be really cool. Co-op is always fun.

and Nadril, I agree. WaW was a waste of my money.. I dont like it basically at all. Zombies is all I use it for :P

Riku3220
[ Display Name History ]

Riku3220

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,800 posts

I agree. If MW2 would take WaW's concept on the co-op it would be really cool. Co-op is always fun.

and Nadril, I agree. WaW was a waste of my money.. I dont like it basically at all. Zombies is all I use it for :P

I don't see why everyone is so pissy about WaW. If you don't like WW2 games then don't play the campaign but multiplayer is just like MW with different style maps...
Posted Image

Nadril
[ Display Name History ]

Nadril

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 23,966 posts
That's exactly the point riku. If I want to play CoD4 I would play CoD4.

Hugger_88
[ Display Name History ]

Hugger_88

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,385 posts

I don't see why everyone is so pissy about WaW. If you don't like WW2 games then don't play the campaign but multiplayer is just like MW with different style maps...

Id have to disagree.. The weapons are extremely different, and another thing about it is it dosnt allow ANY glitches. Even if it is just getting on a roof. Come on.. wheres the fun in that?

Riku3220
[ Display Name History ]

Riku3220

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,800 posts

Id have to disagree.. The weapons are extremely different, and another thing about it is it dosnt allow ANY glitches. Even if it is just getting on a roof. Come on.. wheres the fun in that?

The guns themselves are different but power, accuracy, fire rate, etc. are all the same. For example the 3rd SMG you unlock in MW is the same as the 3rd SMG you unlock in WaW.

Good point Nadril. Although I hope that Treyarch will maybe make a MW map pack. I miss Vacant and Shipment. Those were my shotgun levels. :cry:
Posted Image

Dizzle229
[ Display Name History ]

Dizzle229

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,771 posts
  • RSN:dizzle229
Maybe this time around focus not on Americans = British, but some out of the way group that hasn't been explored yet? Guerilla fighting might be fun.
Posted Image

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Lenticular_J
[ Display Name History ]

Lenticular_J

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,284 posts

Maybe this time around focus not on Americans = British, but some out of the way group that hasn't been explored yet? Guerilla fighting might be fun.

Well, technically all of Call of Duty 4 is guerrilla warfare.
MATT DAMON AND MONEY.
catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

RayOxide
[ Display Name History ]

RayOxide

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,530 posts
  • RSN:Ray Skiller
  • Clan:Kinda back I guess.
They'll make it for wii.

It's just basically a PS2 one with slightly better graphics and a different control setup, maybe one or 2 more maps.

If they dont they're missing out a bit
I dont need a siggy no moar.

TheValeyard
[ Display Name History ]

TheValeyard

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,490 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Dan Princeps

They'll make it for wii.

It's just basically a PS2 one with slightly better graphics and a different control setup, maybe one or 2 more maps.

If they dont they're missing out a bit

No they wont. IW actually try and make something new instead of doing a cheap reskin like Treyarch, and they cant do that on Wii hardware. Treyarch have always made the games that go on all the systems, IW keep to the true next gen ones. But next November when Treyarch bring out WaW 2 you can get a cheap port of the MW2 engine (scaled down) with a WW2 skin.

Not to say WaW did nothing right. I'd like to see some of the better features in MW2, such as no more +2 for assists, toned down grenade damage, no 3xfrag, bayonets, extra classes, and selectable grenades. And of course, by FAR the best thing about WaW, Nazi Zombies.

IW should make MW2 not MW1.5. And also please make it glitch free. Any under-the-map glitches not fixed within 1 month, or assurances they know about them and are working to fix them, and I'm straight back to COD4.

meme79
[ Display Name History ]

meme79

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,303 posts
  • RSN:Me Me 79
  • Clan:TPL
i wana see it come out for the WII.. and have all the other multiplayer maps/game modes as 360/ps3 :pray:
Posted Image
Posted Image
XBL gamertag: SeismicTriangle

db300
[ Display Name History ]

db300

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 882 posts
  • RSN:Ramp Nx
  • RSN2:dtbrehm